• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Dihexa: "it would take 10 million times as much BDNF to get as much new synapse formation as Dihexa."

• Please log in to reply
1569 replies to this topic

#511 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

I took Nyle's NSI-189. It started out like a nightmare and ended beautifully. Internally my mind functions like I am the idiot child I recall, externally I look old as shit. I can promise you, you're halfway there.

I am NOT TRYING TO TROLL. It's all a little off, so please forgive me this evening.

I leave you with a prayer:

Perhaps this is a departure from my innate practicality, but I'm present for a reason and so are you!

GOOD LUCK MY FRIENDS!

This must happen.

Signing off,
SmoothAmbiguity

Posted Image

#512 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

Curious question for the buyers, what are you trying to achieve with taking dihexa?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#513 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

Curious question for the buyers, what are you trying to achieve with taking dihexa?

Well, for me it is the hope that greatly increased synaptogenesis in the hippocampus and other areas lead to improved cognition.
  • like x 1

#514 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

Enhanced emotional resiliency, increased speed of information acquisition, improved memory translation, and any other form of intellectual performance enhancement that might potentially be derived.
  • like x 1

#515 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

ditto as said above, with hope for improvement or remission of depression and anxiety, along with their morbidities - cognitive impairment, anhedonia, dysthymia.
if a paleo diet doesn't do it,
if supplementation doesn't do it,
if exercise doesn't do it,
if nootropic supplementation doesn't do it,
if headmeds don't do it,
if complementary therapies haven't done it,
you go as far upstream as you can, try to heal the source of the dysfunction.
for several/many of us, this isn't the first, second, or eighth line, it's the last resort. the nuclear option.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#516 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

Dont want to be off topic, but for the reasons You posted I found out recently that Disc-1 is responsible for Circuit and Synapse formation.
Might be interresting for You, see:
http://quizlet.com/3...ns-flash-cards/

and that Lithium can activate (partly?) those pathways:

DISC1 regulates synaptic vesicle transport via a lithium-sensitive pathway.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21664390

#517 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

Considering that it erased Parkinson's disease in an experiment in a rat in one month I think people can expect relief/improvement of many things.

#518 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

Considering that it erased Parkinson's disease in an experiment in a rat in one month I think people can expect relief/improvement of many things.

Agreed. Cheers!
  • dislike x 2

#519 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:26 AM

Dont want to be off topic, but for the reasons You posted I found out recently that Disc-1 is responsible for Circuit and Synapse formation.
Might be interresting for You, see:
http://quizlet.com/3...ns-flash-cards/

and that Lithium can activate (partly?) those pathways:

DISC1 regulates synaptic vesicle transport via a lithium-sensitive pathway.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21664390

Sort me out here, how is it that you posit an antipsychotic/bipolar disorder medication is going to enhance intelligence in a mostly otherwise fairly normal individual? LOL
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#520 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:02 AM

LOL what ??

Did I know that you are healthy ?

Edited by Flex, 10 March 2014 - 04:06 AM.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#521 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

This is about as ridiculous as the belief that Ketamine is a prudent route to neurogenesis.

#522 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

I thought I remembered reading that lithium upregulate bdnf.

#523 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

It's quite a long way from "Cures disease in animal model" to "Enhance memory in healthy humans".

Do we have any proof that super much BDNF is good for memory? My guess is that we have a threshold for BDNF, the rest gives no additional benefits/can potentially be bad.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19095063
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11163887

Edited by Nattzor, 10 March 2014 - 01:07 PM.

• like x 1

#524 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

There are no documented human trials of this drug or any nerve growth factor ligands. We do know that many antidepressants, nootropics, and lithium involve up regulation of such neurotrophic factors though to my knowledge ligands with such strong binding affinities have not been trialed. I am expecting great results. The rats did not experience significant side effects and we are getting one month of dosing. For those reasons I am not too concerned.

Edited by xks201, 10 March 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#525 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

I thought I remembered reading that lithium upregulate bdnf.

As it very well may, but it has a very SIGNIFICANT, HEAVY pharmacological action that will influence behavior and cognition. It's not the safest drug, requires titration and monitoring. I'm not sure if you've ever observed an individual on an antipsychotic, but the effects are not always positive. This isn't a good thing to give to a healthy individual.

Results from Dihexa are very different from those of lithium and antidepressants.

#526 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

The typical antipsychotics are antagonists at a bunch of neurotransmitter sites...mainly dopamine. I'm not sure lithium shares the dopamine antagonist quality. I used the over the counter lower dose form. It is a trace mineral. In large amounts like anything it could be toxic.

Dihexa is not comparable I agree.

Edited by xks201, 10 March 2014 - 01:19 PM.

#527 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

Dihexa Group Buy Details

Paypal Direct:
cjs2027@gmail.com
150$/gram
+6$ US Shipping (Tracking Included)
+20$ Non US Shipping (Tracking Included)

Alternative payment gateway -
http://www.payitsqua...lect-page/25716

Yahoo Group Buy Private Group
https://groups.yahoo...ups/dihexa/info

#528 LearningFromThePast

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

Dihexa Group Buy Details

Paypal Direct:
cjs2027@gmail.com
150$/gram

When is the latest you will accept payment for a gram of Dihexa? I have the money, but I need to deposit it into my PayPal.

#529 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:19 PM

Dihexa Group Buy Details

Paypal Direct:
cjs2027@gmail.com
150$/gram

When is the latest you will accept payment for a gram of Dihexa? I have the money, but I need to deposit it into my PayPal.

The buy is still open to anyone. Most of the people have paid but there is still room.

#530 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

Enhanced emotional resiliency, increased speed of information acquisition, improved memory translation, and any other form of intellectual performance enhancement that might potentially be derived.

Or die trying

To me, cognitive enhancement is my ultimate mission in life.

And to me, dementia is the ultimate blow to my life and dignity. The thought of my son changing my diapers someday is the ultimate blow to my life and my dignity.

• like x 2
  • Informative x 1

#531 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

If dihexa is seen to be effective, at least more effective than these petty nootropics that we pretend are working, I will shift a decent amount of my income into acquiring it. This is basically a call for the organizers of the group buy. While I am extremely thankful for the group buy and the organizers selflessness, I wish that if we achieve satisfactory results, they may continue their good work. Too bad I live in one of the most oppressive societies in the world, otherwise I'd directly participate in organizing the group buy.

Let the floodgates of my brain open! Until then, like someone said, let the wait begin!
  • like x 4

#532 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

@medicineman: Took the words right out of my mouth!

#533 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

If dihexa is seen to be effective, at least more effective than these petty nootropics that we pretend are working, I will shift a decent amount of my income into acquiring it. This is basically a call for the organizers of the group buy. While I am extremely thankful for the group buy and the organizers selflessness, I wish that if we achieve satisfactory results, they may continue their good work. Too bad I live in one of the most oppressive societies in the world, otherwise I'd directly participate in organizing the group buy.

Let the floodgates of my brain open! Until then, like someone said, let the wait begin!

Medicineman, I want to specially thank you for your order. He purchased more than 2 grams and that is going a long way to helping us get this off the ground. In fact, it is off the ground. So thank you to medicineman for his faith in the future and his purchase in the name of science.
  • like x 2

#534 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:45 AM

I just want to say, that being a part of this activity has been one of the most interesting and rewarding experiences I've had in a long while. The puzzle of the molecule, the social dynamics involved in the procurement of information, the investigation of potential sources of production, and all the other minor details involved in this synth have given me much to think about for a brief period of time and has kept life interesting.

Everyone I inform about our venture looks to it with wonder and interest.

None of the above even remotely compares to the excitement that I am experiencing awaiting the arrival of Dihexa itself. I can't wait, I hope this turns out to be well worth the effort.

Thanks to xks201 and Nyles7 for their excellent contributions, and also to the researchers who discovered Dihexa.
  • like x 2

#535 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:49 AM

Any study of Dihexa on blood pressure and kidney since it is a Angiotensin IV analogue?

#536 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

Any study of Dihexa on blood pressure and kidney since it is a Angiotensin IV analogue?

This was a concern of mine and why I cancelled my order. I don't have enough biochemistry knowledge to speculate on this drug for anyone else. But for myself, as I'm fairly sure I have some proinflammatory genes, it seemed like I shouldn't try it.

For anyone doing all the body and brain hacks that people around here do, especially the ones with research chemicals, a cheap safety investment in a blood pressure monitor and blood glucose monitor is well worth it.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, I'd just like to see this go well for everyone.
  • like x 4

#537 allstargajo

• 50 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

Sorry if this as been responded previously but I couldn't find it, how are you planning to administer Dihexa?

Also, has an EU distribuitor been "selected" ? Are there any open spots left? What is the current ETA?

#538 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

Yes it has all been answered but I will reanswer. No EU distributor yet unless someone volunteers that I can trust. I personally would rather do it all myself to avoid the potential for screw up. Spots are left. ETA is 1.5-2 months (original ETA 2.5 months max). Oral
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#539 allstargajo

• 50 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

Thanks.
I was wondering about the optimal use of this compound. From the paper we can expect the compound to target what is broken and repair it. But what if you use this on an healthy subject with no known damages to/in the brain? Should the compound be ingested while fasting (which is linked to BDNF)? Should it be ingested before a particular dificult mental task?

What would be your take on this?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#540 allstargajo

• 50 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

Found a video from Dr. Harding presenting this compound, in case anyone wants to know a bit more.

http://vimeo.com/89795497

• like x 1

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users