• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Nootropics.. Legal? Illegal?

nootropics racetam brain legal illegal piracetam aniracetam oxiracetam noopept modafinil

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 stuntdiver

• 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

SO my question is what is legal and illegal in the U.S.A. as far as Nootropics and Ampakines. From what i have read not many of them have much side effects in a negative way?!
Posted Image haha.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#2 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

I would also like to know this information.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Geoffrey

• 218 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:40 AM

It depends what you mean by "legal". Some medicines are highly controlled but perfectly legal with a prescription. It is a felony to possess modafinil without a prescription in the USA, but perfectly legal to import for personal use in the UK. Regarding most racetams, if they can be sold as a food supplement, with no medical claims, they seem to be tolerated in the USA. In the UK, almost all racetams can be purchased from websites based in the UK because they are not recognized medicines. The exception is piracetam, which is a prescription drug in the UK. As a result, most established UK sites won't sell it. It can still be imported for personal use, though, e.g. from Hungary.

Erowid vaults gives some legal information on drugs in its database for several first-world jurisdictions.
  • like x 1

#4 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

Thank you, Geoffrey. I just have to make sure I follow the letter of the law (employer and all).

#5 Mr Serendipity

• 980 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

The question should be are they lawful or unlawful.

There is something called the freeman movement right now, which is trying to distinguish between legal and lawful. Apparently all things that are legal, are contracted into between persons (corporate fictions); while all things that are lawful are God given rights by humans that cannot be overuled, unless you waive them by contracting in with a private corporation using your own corporation (your person, your name spelt in all capitals).

It makes sense when you look at America and their constitution. The constitution is meant to forbid the government from being able to do certain things, yet they still legislate against the constitution in so many ways. However when you look into history, and how everything that we believe are government, have been turned into private corporations, then they are allowed to do that.

Research the councils in England. They are all private corporations. They print their own summons. They rent out their own courts and judges. They judge against you. They hire private debt collection companies and call them baliffs to try and take your stuff away. That's how it works. They also back down when you challenge them. Same with you registering your vehical over to another private corporation, the DVLA, and getting a licence from them. Same as the police officers who enforce anything else other than common law, you're voluntering to be subject to statues (such as drug offences) which are not common law. Same as with HMRC and paying tax. Same as with social services, who cannot take a child away if they don't have a birth certificate, Freedom of Information Request confirms this and even if they know the child exists, they can't do anything unless that child has a birth certificate. When you have a registered address, a registered vehicle, a registered person representing you name in capitals, a national insurance number, passport, these all allow private corporations to contract with you. Try getting taxed, a driving licence, a summons, fined, sentenced to prison, for statutes in this country (UK) without a fixed abode. You wonder how travelers get away with it? Because they don't contract into their "laws" because they don't have a registered address. Anyone can still be procecuted under common law if they cause injury to another a human being or property. But under statute law, you volunteer into it. And it's done on a mass scale, that it's considered common law when it isn't. Same with your marriage, you register it, you give the government the right to oversee it how they see fit, even when it comes to the divorce. Marriages never use to be registered 100 years back. Lastly look at your £20 note. It says "I PROMISE TO PAY THE BEARER ON DEMAND THE SUM OF TWENTY POUNDS". What the hell does that mean? Well it's called a promissory note. A promise to pay something, that is it! An IOU! All your money is promises! They used to be backed by up by something called precious metals, not any more. You money doesn't represent anything but a promise to pay!

Anyway I recommend you check the freeman movement out. The history and facts all add up. You can also go here http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/

Also I don't agree with making cannabis legal, or that's it's harmless. Better it being restricted than not.

Edited by manny, 14 March 2014 - 12:57 PM.

• like x 1

#6 agora

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

It depends what you mean by "legal". Some medicines are highly controlled but perfectly legal with a prescription. It is a felony to possess modafinil without a prescription in the USA, but perfectly legal to import for personal use in the UK. Regarding most racetams, if they can be sold as a food supplement, with no medical claims, they seem to be tolerated in the USA. In the UK, almost all racetams can be purchased from websites based in the UK because they are not recognized medicines. The exception is piracetam, which is a prescription drug in the UK. As a result, most established UK sites won't sell it. It can still be imported for personal use, though, e.g. from Hungary.

Erowid vaults gives some legal information on drugs in its database for several first-world jurisdictions.

I have heard stories of people ordering Modafinil and it clearing customs. If it is an amount for personal use, they will most likely not care because it cannot really be used recreationally. So yes, while technically it is legal it is still relatively safe and easy to obtain Modafinil in the US.

#7 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

Myself,

I'm concerned with Ampakines and Racetams. I actually have a prescription for Nuvigil, however the side effect profile is a bit high for me.

Thank You, However.

Edited by SearchingForAnswers, 14 March 2014 - 01:52 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 GreenLemon

• 29 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

Hi,

that image is not that great.

like, really it depends on the person. and its just the way happened with the law... remember when the USA made alcohol illegal ....

anyway, USA and other countries are starting to make MJ legal again..... and all that....

so please...
stop with the comparing...
look towards making them legal......... ...
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics, racetam, brain, legal, illegal, piracetam, aniracetam, oxiracetam, noopept, modafinil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users