• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Marijuana is now legal in the state of CO

amendment64

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Obama is president. It is his war now. It is still awful. It is just reality.

#32 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Obama is president. It is his war now. It is still awful. It is just reality.

If you can show me a single post where you referred to it as Bush's War on Drugs, then I'll buy that. Otherwise, it sure sounds like partisan sniping. If you read up on it, you'll probably decide that some administrations deserve more "ownership" of the WOD than others. I think if you evaluate the whole picture, Obama would end up pretty low on that list, if not near the bottom. Even Nixon, under whose administration the WOD ostensibly began, is probably closer to the bottom than the top. The big increase in arrests began in the early 80's.

Presidents don't have the ability to end stupid laws by themselves. That's really the job of Congress, and is a function of the political climate of the nation. No one gets elected by promising to be "Soft on Crime", and if a legislator were to attempt to end the WOD, you can guess what the campaign ads would look like in the next election. I'm in complete agreement that the WOD is a stupid, morally corrupt, costly failure, but it's inaccurate and counterproductive to claim that it "belongs to" Obama or any other single person.

#33 contraband

• Guest Social Engineering Spammer
  • 28 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:51 PM

Let's hope other states take heed

sponsored ad

• Advert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users