Photo

Do People Take Choline with Noopept?

noopept

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Superhuman Mind

• 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

Ive recently become interested in taking nootropics and I think Ill give Noopept a try. Ive read that with other racetams people are using a choline supplement. Is it necessary to supplement choline with noopept? And what is the most prefered choline supplement?

I havent taken Noopept yet, Im still trying to find a place to order it and just want to know if I should be ordering some choline supplement at the same time.

#2 dc303

• 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Bump. Curios as well

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 fql

• 146 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

I haven't. Although I eat eggs everyday.

#4 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

I've taken it with choline with no adverse affect. I'm not necessarily sure if it's a requirement but have seen a supplement cocktail that contains noopept & choline in it alone with some EFA's.

#5 lifebuddy

• 156 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

I would be interested in this too. I take Noopept daily but never considered the lecithin requirement. I take lecithin because of my Piracetam intake, but am very interested to find out whether it applies to my Noopept intake too.

#6 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

I would be interested in this too. I take Noopept daily but never considered the lecithin requirement. I take lecithin because of my Piracetam intake, but am very interested to find out whether it applies to my Noopept intake too.

Lecithin? There's better sources for your choline and that much more expensive. I suppose lecithin does have other beneficial properties so that could be it. The Russian insert says to take Noopept with/after a meal fwiw.

#7 lifebuddy

• 156 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

I love lecithin. Added to a glass of milk it is so freakin creamy & delicious.

#8 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

I love lecithin. Added to a glass of milk it is so freakin creamy & delicious.

Meant to say, not that much more expensive but definitely, if you enjoy it for it's taste..there's nearly no better reason. lol.

#9 Superhuman Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

This is the second day I have taken Noopept. I dosed 30mg orally in the morning with breakfast. No noticeable cognitive effects that cannot be explained by placebo.
If anyone has experienced a headache before from taking a nootropic without a choline supplement please chime in and confirm this report. By the night time I had a head ache closer to the back of my head on the left side. Usually when I get a head ache it will be at the front of my skull, just above the eyes. So Im going to assume for now that it is possible this head ache was caused by lack of a choline source. Ill try another dose tomorrow to see if I get the same effects and then stop taking noopept until I can procure some choline if the headache continues.

#10 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Nothing? You experience no noticeable effect? What about a sense of mental clarity or alertness? Did you take it with food or some fats?

#11 Willys

• 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

I've had a bit of a headache from Noopept but was more like after drinking a hot beer in the blazing sun. Not sure which was worse. I knew why and just dealt with it. Knowing that, it ceased to exist.

I do take 250mg CDP Choline with the Noopept. That is, I put my mini-mg dose on a piece of foil and press a finger to it to lift it, then place under my tongue. While it's absorbing, I open the Choline cap and pour into a couple of table spoons of Coconut milk - plain, vanilla, or choc, whisk it up a bit and drink. The coco juice absorbs and takes out the Noopept taste. Then head about my business.

The results are quicker than washing out the milk glass. All the good effects intended by the dose are in effect. Enhanced colors and sounds, thinking, acting, and getting on with it.

I do this two or three times a day depending on whether I remember or... uhhhh... yeah, forget.

Edited by Willys, 11 December 2012 - 01:27 AM.

#12 lifebuddy

• 156 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

You get enhanced colors and sounds? Now that isn't something that I have paid any attention to, but the possibility is interesting.

#13 Willys

• 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

It's a subtle enchancement but for me it's a difference like between 720p and 1080p.

#14 moleface

• 159 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

It's a subtle enchancement but for me it's a difference like between 720p and 1080p.

That's pretty much the same analogy I came up with to describe these effects.

I get very noticeable sensory enhancement from piracetam too, though noopept seems to have an even stronger effect in that regard.

I never want to stop taking racetams now that I'm used to seeing everything this way. When I go running outside at night, the Christmas lights on houses illuminate the night air in such an indescribably gorgeous way. Everyday life now looks like a stylized film that's been digitally tweaked in postprocessing.

#15 Pravvus

• 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Thats not fair. Im so jealous. All I get after taking 10mg of noopept is groggy, light headed, and forgetful. I dont know what Im doing wrong. Maybe straight piracetam, or even aniracetam will work for me?

#16 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

Thats not fair. Im so jealous. All I get after taking 10mg of noopept is groggy, light headed, and forgetful. I dont know what Im doing wrong. Maybe straight piracetam, or even aniracetam will work for me?

Do you take it with a meal or some good EFA's? I usually take my Noopept with some Krill Oil because of it's quick absorption. I'm also a big fan of aniracetam but it may make you too sedate if you're so inclined. For me, it anxiolytic action is just enough to focus on my work and be able to present when called upon. I take it with a meal or EFAs as well.

#17 Pravvus

• 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

Per day I take 1 gram krill/fish oil, 600mg Choline, 1 gram Acetyl-l-cartainine. I have tried it for several days both orally, and sub-lingual. I can definitely feel something happening, its just the opposite of what's supposed to happen.

I ordered original piracetam for control, and aniracetam because I'v heard good things like its alleviation of social anxiety issues. If noopept doesnt work do you think Piracetam or Ani will?

#18 bl4ck1ce

• 51 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

I've been trialling Nootam, which has noopept as the active ingredient. I got extreme fatigue and headaches afterwards until I added 1.2g of choline (in the form of phosphatidylcholine), now I feel great when I take it, and maintain a sense of wellbeing days afterwards... but only if I keep up the choline. Everybody has different neurochemistry though, of course, that's just what works for me; YMMV.

#19 Pravvus

• 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

So I have started taking Pramiracetam. It is the first of the racetams iv tried that work for me. Everything is super clear and I can tell its doing its job.
I read somewhere that taking breaks is good to avoid tolerance problems. So, the day after I stopped taking it I felt really tired all day. Every time I would stand up, I would get dizzy.
I took my BP and it was 88/65! :sad: Now I know that it isnt especially dangerous to be that low, but it does worry me. Its usually 125/75.

My question is has anyone ever heard of someone having symptoms like this after discontinuing a racetam? For the life of me I could find anyone who had experienced this.
Any input would be appreciated. :happy:

#20 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Did you take it with a choline source and some good fats?

#21 robosapiens

• 163 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:02 AM

I find it easy to take too much choline with noopept, just a maintenance dose is all I need, a few eggs + some B5 is all it takes for me. I took it with ALCAR today and got my first racetam headache, nausea and profound fog.
as others have said before, EPA is the trick with noopept, I take about 5 grams a day now, I front loaded 10 grams for a few days.

I really enjoy the awareness enhancement as well, the high def effects, as well as the social intelligence increase.
I'm still tweaking my stack..

The spaciness and so called short term forgetfulness are not short term memory problems, they are TRANCES from getting so engrossed or focused upon something you are thinking about, it takes practice to get used to the enhanced focus.

#22 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

I'm curious as to why I get irritable on the 4th Day of consecutive Noopept use. I took it again today at a mere 10mgs, my usual dose, and so far so good. However I've replicated the 4th day irritability more than a half dozen times in the past. I've never been on it longer than 2 months at a time and usually took weekends off. Strange. I've been keeping a log as well so unless it's a consistent sleep deprivation issue or simply disturbed sleep over those first 3 days (which i haven't noticed really), I do think it could be Noopept. I never get headaches with noopept and aniracetam together with Krill. In fact, even laying off a choline source more regularly has given me less mental fatigue although I do have eggs a couple times a week and 300mgs of Alpha-GPC here and there.

#23 Gr888Scott

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:32 AM

I'm curious as to why I get irritable on the 4th Day of consecutive Noopept use. I took it again today at a mere 10mgs, my usual dose, and so far so good. However I've replicated the 4th day irritability more than a half dozen times in the past. I've never been on it longer than 2 months at a time and usually took weekends off. Strange. I've been keeping a log as well so unless it's a consistent sleep deprivation issue or simply disturbed sleep over those first 3 days (which i haven't noticed really), I do think it could be Noopept. I never get headaches with noopept and aniracetam together with Krill. In fact, even laying off a choline source more regularly has given me less mental fatigue although I do have eggs a couple times a week and 300mgs of Alpha-GPC here and there.

I've got a theory about the accompanying irritability with noots. I think it is simply just realizing (even subconsciously) how efficient we have become with the nootropics and how seemingly innefficient is so much of the rest of the world.

Just a thought :)

That being said, though, I take 1 gram of Choline every day, sometimes two.

Edited by Gr888Scott, 17 August 2013 - 05:33 AM.

#24 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

I've got a theory about the accompanying irritability with noots. I think it is simply just realizing (even subconsciously) how efficient we have become with the nootropics and how seemingly innefficient is so much of the rest of the world.

No noticeable mental fatigue with that much choline? What form do you use. I've switched back from Alpha-GPC to Citicholine.

#25 Gr888Scott

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

No noticeable mental fatigue with that much choline? What form do you use. I've switched back from Alpha-GPC to Citicholine.

Actually I looked closer (it's a Choline/Inositol combo..[Choline Bitartarate]) and 1 capsule is 250/250. So I get 1/2 gram each, total.

But now that you mention it, it's alot easier to take naps. It just seems normal.

Unless I am pounding my Monster LoCarb (about 2 a day), the wakefullness can be maintained without difficulty.

My rationalé with the higher Choline dosage was based on a 3500mg top end daily recommendation I found recently here in one of the threads.

Dang! i knew i should have bookmarked it :|o

It was a huge list of everything Noot related and suggested dosages.

What are you taking Choline-wise?

#26 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

I top out at 300mgs of supplementary choline regardless of how my morning/afternnon noot stack looks. That was with Alpha-GPC. Now that I have my bottle of Citicholine, I'll assess it again at 250 and then 500 and so on. Nothing else I could pinpoint as to my cause of mental fatigue except sleep disruption on some level. Could likely be although when I don't take much Alpha GPC, I far much better.

#27 Gran Turisma

• 12 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:16 AM

Hey there peeps,

This is my first post. Just started Noopept three days ago. First day was one x 10mg which did nothing, then yesterday 20mg x three was the same. So today I bumped it up to 50mg. An hour later I am getting light headed. I was also very groggy when I got up this morning and it hasn't really subsided. This is unusual for me. So on remembering somewhere a suggestion to take one of the B vitamins (B5??) with Noopept, I have just taken a teaspoon of liquid B complex. Will report back with any changes.

If no change, I will bump up my EPA intake via tinned mackerel which has the highest levels of Omega 3 of all the tinned fish at the supermarkets. (I don't like taking the supplement form because the base oil is usually soybean or some other vegetable oil. These are very high in Omega 6, which I keep low intake of to stave off hypothyroid symptoms.)

I eat eggs several times a week, so I don't think it's a choline deficiency, especially after Pravvus mentioned reducing choline intake actually helped reduce side effects.

#28 Gran Turisma

• 12 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Just a quick update. Light headedness went away, though not sure if it was on its way out anyway or if the B complex helped. So I took another 10mg about 6 hours after the 50mg dose. This small dose didn't affect me in any way. Then 5 hours after that took a smaller dose of B complex and within 5-10 minutes got lightheaded, almost dizzy kind of interludes that would come for a second or so. Will be interesting to see if I am groggy again tomorrow after the 60mg of Noopept today.

#29 Gran Turisma

• 12 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

Another update. This morning I had significantly more energy than yesterday, so I think the B complex helped. Went back to 20mg x 3, with a small dose of B complex. By afternoon I was starting to feel that dragging fatigue just a little. Hard to tell what that was because I discovered tonight that last night I'd accidentally been 'glutened' from a condiment that accompanied dinner (which explains the unusual gurgling in my digestive tract tonight). I'm going to up to 30mg x 3 tomorrow with the B complex and see if there are reactions.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#30 Gran Turisma

• 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:46 AM

Oh, wasn't glutened after all, thank goodness. Was wondering why I didn't get the usual symtoms.

Finding that I am mentally down every day, since beginning the noopept. Apathetic and no motivation. Took 1/4 teaspoon of choline at about 5am this morning to enhance dreams but it did little to do that or change my mental state in the morning. Yesterday I had 500mg of EPA in the form of a mackerel meal (1110mg of EPA per 100g of mackerel). Did nothing for my mental state.

So I'm back on caffeinated coffee to boost my mood and get things done this week. Have not had caffeine for a couple of years. Recently discovered the jitters are caused by the myxotoxins on the beans, so that was a timely find. I hence take vit C powder in a third glass of water just before having the coffee, as vit C destroys molds. Seems to have remedied the caffeine side effects quite well.

I'll persist with the noopept for a few more weeks to see if it makes any difference to my general cognition. Doing 30mg x 3 with B complex.

Edited by Gran Turisma, 14 March 2014 - 04:47 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noopept

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users