- - - - -

Best Modafinil Brand?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fql

• 146 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

What's the best modafinil brand?
Has anyone tried the Mexican brand, Modiadal?

#2 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

This has been answered several times in multiple threads.According to people here: Modalert, Modapro, Modiodal, Provigil, Alertec are just as good. Btw, I'm going to order Modalert from India tonight to test it. Modafinil only seems to work if you have a specific genotype, but doesn't work if you don't have it.

Some sources:
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19037200
http://snpedia.com/index.php/Rs4680

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Brundle99

• 37 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

I have just joined this site, and I appologize if this question doesn't fit this thread, but I can't find a way to start my own.

After watching a film called Limitless, I have started to become very interested in some nootropics like Piracetam, and Provigil.

The only one I have used before is PEA, which was from a Company called Neurvana. (just made me feel relaxed and quite happy).

Currently I am trying to convince my doctor to prescribe me Piracetam. She had to look it up in her medical book, and having never prescribed it before, she said she needs to speak to somebody about it first, and will let me know mid next week.

From what she said, it looks like Piracetam is normally prescribed for people with tremors, but I told her it's for a wide variety of things. like depression and memory problems too.

I am generally quite depressed and my short term memory is quite bad, so I was hoping to fire up my brain with a nootropic to help my focus, memory, and reactions .

I am also looking into Provigil, but the many reported major side effects has kind of put me off.

I looked at their official website, which talks about what the tablet does, but three quaters of the page lists major side effects from its use.

I understand that even things like Asprin can have a long list of bad side effects, which is normal, but it almost seems as though the company that makes Provigil doesn't recommend its use by the amount of negativity on their homepage.

I have read about good experiences by people in forums taking Provigil, but all the major risks worry me.

Can anyone with experience of taking these products give me some feedback, it would be greatly appretiated.

Thanks!

#4 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

You don't need a presciption to buy Piracetam. You can buy it cheap on eBay.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Brundle99

• 37 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

I know you can buy it online at many places, but my prescriptions are free because I have a thyroid condition an if i ont have to pay for it and get it whenever i need more will be great.

Anyway i'll see how it goes.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users