Photo
- - - - -

c60 in old dogs works wonders

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Simply put; it seems that when cells become cancerous their mitochondria are deactivated so that they cannot send out an apoptosis signal.
Turning the mitochondria back on in cancerous cells allows them to send out this apoptosis signal so that the cell in which they are dies.

Exactly. Many if not most of the effects of C60 can be explained this way--turning on the mitochondria of cancer cells kills them while turning on the mitochondria of stem cells causes them to differentiate, and anecdotal stories of hair regrowth and scar disappearance could be the result of stem cell action.

Thx Turnbuckle
Way off topic but:

I Know you take PQQ. I assume a day or 2 before your bi-weekly C60oo?

Do you use green tea?
Have you ever taken Mebendazole?

I used to take PQQ every day, now about 3 times a week. I don't try to coordinate this with C60, which I take once a week. Green tea does nothing for me, and I've never taken mebendazole.

#32 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

It's not guaranteed that if you rev up mitochondria, you will kill a cancer cell. For example, one mechanism whereby cells are shifted from OXPHOS to glycolysis is strictly cytosolic- if pyruvate dehydrogenase becomes non-functional, then pyruvate isn't converted into the Krebs substrate acetyl Co-A. The mitochondria are thus deprived of fuel, no matter how functional they are.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

It's not guaranteed that if you rev up mitochondria, you will kill a cancer cell. For example, one mechanism whereby cells are shifted from OXPHOS to glycolysis is strictly cytosolic- if pyruvate dehydrogenase becomes non-functional, then pyruvate isn't converted into the Krebs substrate acetyl Co-A. The mitochondria are thus deprived of fuel, no matter how functional they are.

Even with C60oo?

#34 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:39 PM

Encouraged and based on the reports in this thread , I offered to one of my friends to start giving some (of my homemade) C60oo to his frail and limping 13-year old cocker spaniel Lucky who also developed some solid skin tumors.

I saw the poor creature barely walking, tired and sickly.

I suggested he give him 1 teaspoon (5ml) each day for 3 days (loading dose) and then 5ml every two weeks (maintenance dose).

He is not yet into the first 2-week mark yet but my friend has already reported that after the third day the dog is markedly more active, lively and "smiling" (he said Lucky has not "smiled" for years).

Lucky is now going back and forth around the house, happily wagging his tail. He is now also able to climb stairs - a task unthinkable prior to the C60 intake.

I asked for regular updates so if anything else comes up, I will pass it along.

Thanks to the earlier posters who helped me help my friend's ailing pet.

• Informative x 2
  • Cheerful x 2
  • like x 2

#35 Rorororo

• 306 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:06 AM

Is Lucky still with us aribadabar ?

I've been giving my 16 year old boy 2 pippetes a day of Owndoc C60 for several months now with similar remarkable results.

Endless stamina on walks... jumping into the car and on the couch no problem.. 

He even climbs and descends down our glass spiral staircase with ease.. 

Been taking it myself at the same time.. not quite the same effects on me tho.. 

#36 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2016 - 03:46 PM

I've been giving my 16 year old boy 2 pippetes a day of Owndoc C60 for several months now with similar remarkable results.

Yes, I happened to see him last week. Not as active as when he started his c60 treatment but still better than his pre-c60 days and his fur seemed in pretty good shape considering his age.

• like x 1

#37 Rorororo

• 306 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:45 PM

good to hear..  :-)

#38 Junk Master

• Topic Starter
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:27 AM

I'm about to start a more comprehensive c60OO regimen with my old Chesapeake.  He's now nearly blind, riddled with fatty tumors, and can't walk more than one mile every other day.  He's not suffering if not moving, but if his condition does not improve I will be increasingly faced with the ethical dilemma of when to put him down.

I figure why not start dosing him with 3-5 mg of C60OO on a daily basis for two weeks to see what it will do.

I'll keep you all updated on my observations.

#39 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:05 PM

Yes, I happened to see him last week. Not as active as when he started his c60 treatment but still better than his pre-c60 days and his fur seemed in pretty good shape considering his age.

I was informed that Lucky died about 10 days ago after being on C60 for ~1.5 yrs after being riddled with some visible skin cancer lump. Throughout this time I was told that he was getting the biweekly 5mg C60 dose fairly regularly (I supplied a new homemade batch whenever asked for replenishment) and that it did have an effect until the end making him more energetic but was fading towards the end of the second week. His owner described C60's effect on Lucky as being "magic potion" bringing the life back to him.

• like x 1

#40 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:08 AM

I was informed that Lucky died about 10 days ago after being on C60 for ~1.5 yrs after being riddled with some visible skin cancer lump. Throughout this time I was told that he was getting the biweekly 5mg C60 dose fairly regularly (I supplied a new homemade batch whenever asked for replenishment) and that it did have an effect until the end making him more energetic but was fading towards the end of the second week. His owner described C60's effect on Lucky as being "magic potion" bringing the life back to him.

Rest in peace.

#41 Watdh

• 22 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:00 PM

I'm tempted to give some to my 32 year old horse. 

Wondering what a good dose would be for an 800 pound horse?

#42 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:15 AM

I'm tempted to give some to my 32 year old horse. 

Wondering what a good dose would be for an 800 pound horse?

I am not a horse expert so here take it FWIW :

If we use this simplified formula:

animal dose = human dose / (animal weight in kg/human weight in kg)

where,

• HED is not really established for c60oo but anecdotally most testers here use ~1ml /day or 10 ml/once per week
  • C60oo is usually made at 0.8mg c60 per 1 ml of EVOO = 8mg / week
  • 800lb = ~363 kg
  • Average human male is considered 70 kg (some papers say 60kg but I find this unrealistic)

so we get:

horse dose= 8mg x (363/70)= ~41 mg/ week
at 0.8mg/ml that's ~51 ml

Another formula using Body surface area (BSA) :

Using this horse body surface area calculator when calculating the animal dose.

it t looks like:

A 383kg horse has BSA of  5.92 m2

70 kg Adult human male's BSA is 1.9m²

The correction factor (Km) is estimated by dividing the average body weight (kg) of species to its body surface area (m2)

Km human = 70/1.9= ~37

Km horse = 363 / 5.92 = ~61

Animal dose in mg/kg  = HED  (mg /kg) / (Animal Km / Human Km)  = (8/70) / (61/37)=  0.114 / 1.65= 0.0693 mg/kg

For a 363kg horse that's ~25mg or at 0.8 mg/ml it is 31 ml

For simplicity, you can do 50ml initial (loading dose) and then continue on with 30ml weekly (maintenance dose).

Should you decide to try it, please do report your experience.  :)

Edited by aribadabar, 30 December 2016 - 04:18 AM.

#43 Watdh

• 22 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:10 AM

Thank you so much Aribadabar!  I'll have to place an order for that initial dose.  If it's effective it will be time to start mixing my own!

She gets around well for a 32 year old horse.  I can tell one of her hips does bother her.     

I've had her on a fairly high fat diet so the oil hopefully won't cause any digestive issues.  

#44 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:49 PM

Watdh, let us know how your horse responds.  The main thing I would expect is improved energy and endurance.  It may or may not help her arthritis.  No one reporting here has ever used c60 in horses.  We know about a lot of small laboratory creatures, dogs, cats, even chickens.  So do let us know, it will add to the knowledge base.  C60oo is very safe and it's very easy to dose-  You can just add it to solid food.

#45 Watdh

• 22 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:02 AM

The horse got a 52ml dose this evening. 

The fresh batch of c60 arrived this morning.  I'm feeding her Purina Equine Senior.  Usually I give her 4 one pound coffee container scoops but tonight I cut it back to 2.  The feed has a high fiber content and I'm unsure if this will effect how the c60 will be absorbed in any way.  Usually I moisten it with warm water but this evening I brought in the food from the barn and let it warm to room temperature and poured room temperature water on the food to moisten it a little, then added c60.

The farrier is coming to trim her hoofs Wednesday and standing on 3 legs for awhile can be uncomfortable for her.  This should be a good test to see how well or if it is working. 

I'll report back Wednesday evening.  :) 

• like x 1

#46 Watdh

• 22 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:44 PM

Farrier was a no show, maybe Friday. 

When she ate both Tuesday and Wednesday night her constant shifting of her weight from one side of her hips to the other was gone and she seems to be eating at a faster pace. 

• like x 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users