• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone here "cured" their Gray/Grey Hair or know of someone who has?

grey gray

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 REBUILDER

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Has anyone here cured their gray (grey) hair? I'm operating under the assumption that this is a sign your anti-aging regimen is working, so I might want to replicate what you're doing. Anyone?

#2 YOLF

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

I've read that there really aren't any ways to cure grey hair (though I don't have any so I'm not the best person to ask), but I have read that there is hope for curing grey with C60. Try reading through this forum:
http://www.longecity.../415-c60health/

Look for the older topics, they have more viewers and discussion and are still pretty recent.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 REBUILDER

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

I did find this in the c60/shampoo thread - http://www.longecity...oo/#entry557779 - but I am more interested in a regimen or ingested/injected substances. I see gray hair as just a symptom of aging so I am hoping that the reversal of gray hair would be a definitive indication of anti-aging effects. I'm more interested in evidence of protocols/regimens reversing *aging* rather than a topical regimen that is focused on the gray hair itself.
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

We've had a couple claims of gray hair reversal. The most radical change, based on posted photographs, was Green Power's result from a year-long telomerase activating protocol. Sciwalk also posted some before and after pics that looked like his hair got darker; he was using epitalon, a tetrapeptide that among other things is said to lengthen telomeres. Mikey says that he had some gray reversal from tocotrienols. Based on everything I've seen regarding c60, I suppose it's hypothetically possible that it could cause some reversal, but I think it would be more likely to slow the development of graying.

Some of the reports here look a little too good to be true, so I'm looking for replication of any of them.
  • Informative x 1

#5 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

Here's a theory for ya...

I started getting quite silvery in my temples in my late 40s. Not salt and pepper gray, but just very silvery about the temples. My beard had gone gray years earlier.

In my early 50's, I went on an iron reduction program after I read about how iron overload in middle age males may be what contributes to aging, disease and early death (relative to females). I was quite aggressive with my iron reduction, donating whole blood as often as the blood bank would take me (every other month), and also did some chelating with IP6, quercetin and curcumin. I monitored my ferritin (stored iron) levels, and dragged it all the way down into the teens for nearly a year, which I read would help pull iron out of organ tissues.

I was shooting for better health, but was amazed when my silver temples went completely back to brown again and stayed there. I'm 57 now, and still solid brown hair-wise half a decade after I had been going silver. The beard? Well, it's still gray.

In looking into what had happened, I read that iron is antagonistic to copper, and when iron gets high, copper can go low; and copper deficiency is known to result in gray or white hair. I really don't know if it was the iron reduction, or something else I might have been taking, but the iron/copper balance seemed to make sense to me.

I don't think it would be wise to start popping copper pills though... Both copper and iron can be very powerful pro-oxidants and if your iron is high and you start piling on copper, this could result in quite a metabolic mess. Most middle age folks are supposed to be overloaded with copper too, but apparently, too much iron overrides even elevated copper levels and prevents copper from doing its thing. Lower iron enough, and copper will rise on its own and/or start doing its copper thing.

Look Here: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11396784

Iron overload can induce mild copper deficiency

"Iron overload can have adverse effects on copper nutriture"

I strongly disagree with the author on supplementing copper to fix problems caused by high iron... Lower the iron instead!

Lab values for "normal" ferritin have outrageously high upper limits of 200 to 300, but youthful humans with youthful colored hair rarely have ferritin into triple digits. I've read ferritin of around 40-60 or so is ideal at all ages.

Two of my girlfriends also went gray with astonishing swiftness when they hit menopause, stopped menstruating and started accumulating iron... They were not too excited about blood donation and now dye their hair.

No data to show you on this. It was just my personal experience. I went from early but substantial graying, back to solid brown and stayed that way without even trying for years now. Fair warning... The needle they use at the blood bank is a BIG one! About the size of a pencil lead, and it can take quite a few donations to bring iron back down to youthful levels once you've accumulated a buildup over the years.

If blood donation isn't an option, chelation may help, but it's a long slow process. DO NOT attempt to chelate iron swiftly with large doses of chelators as this will strip other valuable minerals (magnesium and zinc) to dangerously low levels.

Edited by synesthesia, 12 January 2013 - 06:19 AM.

• like x 3
  • Good Point x 1

#6 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

We've had a couple claims of gray hair reversal. The most radical change, based on posted photographs, was Green Power's result from a year-long telomerase activating protocol. Sciwalk also posted some before and after pics that looked like his hair got darker; he was using epitalon, a tetrapeptide that among other things is said to lengthen telomeres. Mikey says that he had some gray reversal from tocotrienols. Based on everything I've seen regarding c60, I suppose it's hypothetically possible that it could cause some reversal, but I think it would be more likely to slow the development of graying.

Some of the reports here look a little too good to be true, so I'm looking for replication of any of them.

i cant find epitalon anywhere. where do you find to buy it ? also wikipedia doesnt have a page on it so i get some basic knowledge :(

#7 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

i cant find epitalon anywhere. where do you find to buy it ? also wikipedia doesnt have a page on it so i get some basic knowledge :(

Really? Everything you wanted to know is down 2 threads.

http://www.longecity...ragalus-thread/

#8 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

i was on that thread and read through most of the pages but i dont remember seeing where people buy that epitalon stuff. maybe new updates i can check, but so far no source i have seen.

#9 BLimitless

• 218 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Try He Shou Wu:

The Legend of He Shou Wu

Li Ao from the Tang Dynasty (618-907) wrote a book called “The Legend of He Shou Wu” documenting in detail its discovery.

[Note: He Shou Wu is the name of the man after which the herb Polygonum multiflorum was named in China.]

He Shou Wu’s grandfather was born with a weak constitution. Due to his chronic frailty, he had never been able to marry and as time went by had given up on the prospect of either marrying or baring children. In addition, he had taken to strong liquor. Nevertheless, he was an enthusiastic follower of Taoism and often shadowed his Taoist teacher in the mountain.

One day, at the age of 58, he fell into a drunken stupor in the forest. When he awoke, he observed a pair of vines entwined for more than 3 yards. He thought to himself that they appeared to be making love, and in a whimsical mood he dug up the roots of the plant, which he took back to his cottage. No one in the local village recognized the herb. A hermit from the mountain saw it, however, and told him, "You are impotent, old and childless. This climbing plant struck you as peculiar, now surely it is supposed to serve you as a divine tonic. Why don't you take it”?

He agreed and ground up the root into powder and swallowed a small amount on an empty stomach. In seven days, he started to “realize the tao of human.” He started to feel an unknown vitality flowing through his veins and after a little while he noticed certain urges starting to develop. Soon this previously hapless guy began to experience something very unfamiliar to him – incredible virility – he could barely control his sexual desire. Over the next several months, he became strong. He decided to continue taking the herb, doubling his dosage. In several years, all of his old diseases went away, his hair grew dark again, and his appearance became youthful. Over the next ten years, he fathered several boys and changed his name to Neng Si, meaning “Capable of Bearing Offspring.” The man gave his son this same herb, and his son lived to be one hundred and sixty years old. The son gave birth to a boy whom he named He Shou Wu. He was the family’s family name, Shou means head, Wu means black. The literal translation of He Shou Wu would mean “Mr. He with a Head of Black Hair.” He Shou Wu also consumed the herb regularly throughout his life. He Shou Wu had jet black hair when he was one hundred and thirty years old. He Shou Wu’s neighbor stole the He family’s secret recipe (He Shou Wu) and he also lived a long life.

Though the herb called He Shou Wu’s was well famed as an anti-aging tonic and a fertility enhancing sex tonic, it did not gain much attention from the health cultivationists (preservationists) after the He family had made it famous. Revered herbalist Li Shi Zhen, who authored the greatest contribution to the development of Chinese herbal pharmacy, a book named The Great Herbalism (published in 1578), noted that though He Shou Wu had been established for a long while, few people were taking the herb at the time. Not until a royal endorsement from an emperor changed that. Ming Dynasty Emperor Shi Zong (reigned from 1521 to 1566) was gifted an herbal elixir called Seven Treasure Beard Beautifying Pill. He enjoyed “great success,” fathering several royal princes. This formula, with He Shou Wu as the main ingredient, became an instant hit among the commoners and He Shou Wu became a household herb throughout Asia ever since.

Source: http://www.dragonher....asp?number=542

• like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#10 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Sciwalk also posted some before and after pics that looked like his hair got darker; he was using epitalon, a tetrapeptide that among other things is said to lengthen telomeres.

Sciwalk/Hugo also is or was a MII user, not sure when he last used it.... but he used to frequent the melanatan.org forums and from my own past personal experience with it, I can attest that MII can darken the hair. Not saying his wasn't from AGAG but just something to keep in mind.

i was on that thread and read through most of the pages but i dont remember seeing where people buy that epitalon stuff. maybe new updates i can check, but so far no source i have seen.

Sciwalk/Hugo can point you in the right direction. PM him.

Edited by gwgaston, 13 January 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#11 scottknl

• 421 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Try He Shou Wu:

The Legend of He Shou Wu

Li Ao from the Tang Dynasty (618-907) wrote a book called “The Legend of He Shou Wu” documenting in detail its discovery.

[Note: He Shou Wu is the name of the man after which the herb Polygonum multiflorum was named in China.]
... snip ...

I've been using this for 3+ years now and found that it stops my hair loss and has halted my hair turning grey. I use 15 g per day which is about the max that one might want to use.
  • like x 2

#12 Flying Hermit

• 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

Ann Wigmore, the founder of Hippocrates Health Institute, did convert her grey hair back to original colour, with wheatgrass juice. This fresh, green juice contain lots of catalase, which is known to reduce the exess endogenous hydrogen peroxide, the cause of gray hair.
  • like x 1

#13 Guardian4981

• 248 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

I can say anecdotaly that since using wheat grass when I see people who haven't seen me in months they comment my hair looks darker. I had zero grey before and did not take it specifically for that but it seems to have an influence.
  • like x 1
  • Informative x 1

#14 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Ann Wigmore, the founder of Hippocrates Health Institute, did convert her grey hair back to original colour, with wheatgrass juice. This fresh, green juice contain lots of catalase, which is known to reduce the exess endogenous hydrogen peroxide, the cause of gray hair.

catalase is an enzyme, isnt it ? how the hell can enzyme work for hair ??

and also, do you have any idea what type of wheatgrass juice she had ? was it in powder, or prepared or what is the company ?

#15 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

Accepting for the moment that wheatgrass juice contains a form of catalase that would work in humans, how does one deliver it? If you drink the wheatgrass juice, any enzymes will hit the digestive tract where they will be denatured, cleaved and hydrolyzed. That's what digestion is all about. Do you apply it to the scalp topically? Skin is evolved to keep the outside world outside where it belongs. Delivering a large protein transdermally is not something that is going to work very well, if at all. So I'm kinda puzzled as to how this is supposed to work...

#16 trance

• 335 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

Accepting for the moment that wheatgrass juice contains a form of catalase that would work in humans, how does one deliver it? If you drink the wheatgrass juice, any enzymes will hit the digestive tract where they will be denatured, cleaved and hydrolyzed. That's what digestion is all about. Do you apply it to the scalp topically? Skin is evolved to keep the outside world outside where it belongs. Delivering a large protein transdermally is not something that is going to work very well, if at all. So I'm kinda puzzled as to how this is supposed to work...

You're forgetting one method ... see paragraph 8 on their page:

http://www.hippocrat...s-of-wheatgrass

:|?
  • like x 2

#17 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

heh anything taken anally absorbs better :D
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#18 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

Any updates on this issue? Last year in may, Dr. Schallreuter published an article that grey hair is almost a thing of the past. Haven't heard of any updates ever since. Has something to do with catalase.

I'm 32 and premature grey. Thought it had something to do with cortisol which was high but my levels are normal now. Also tried the pseudocatalase shampoo for many months but no results ( and most people using it seem to have no effect). Bloodwork was normal and it's not really something genetic.

Been using high doses of ashwagandha and he shou wu over a long periode of time with no results.

Edited by Stefanovic, 03 June 2014 - 01:50 PM.

#19 scottknl

• 421 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

Any updates on this issue? Last year in may, Dr. Schallreuter published an article that grey hair is almost a thing of the past. Haven't heard of any updates ever since. Has something to do with catalase.

I'm 32 and premature grey. Thought it had something to do with cortisol which was high but my levels are normal now. Also tried the pseudocatalase shampoo for many months but no results ( and most people using it seem to have no effect). Bloodwork was normal and it's not really something genetic.

Been using high doses of ashwagandha and he shou wu over a long periode of time with no results.

He Shou Wu's effects are very subtle and easy to overwhelm with a poor diet.  You must eat clean with lots of veggies and water.  A mild calorie deficit will also help if you can stand to lose a couple of lbs.

#20 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:23 PM

Diet is more than okay. Bloodwork was excellent, had about everything checked, so I'm just wondering why I have gone grey in such a short period of time. My face looks very healthy and very young.

#21 REBUILDER

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

So what I've gotten out of this thread is i order to cure grey hair one must take Wheatgrass enemas, practice bloodletting for a year and buy one pound of an authentic chinese herbal formula each month. Well either that or inject melanotan and risk permanent skin hperpigmentation.
  • Cheerful x 1

#22 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

Check out pseduocatalse. Hit the news last year (I think) as a "cure" for grey hair and vitiligo. I'd also do a mitochondrial based stack to prevent the oxidative stress which causes it.

#23 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

The cure for grey hair should be upregulating catalase.  This is the enzyme that breaks down H2O2 which causes grey hair.

One paper with Lutein antioxidant claims to see higher catalase levels in mice.

The biological pathway that is most likely to produce overall health benefits and retard(reverse?) grey hair is higher levels of SIRT3 and low/normal glucose levels.  It is the pathway that I think is most important and I focus on.

• like x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#24 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

Unrelated but ketanozole shampoo is excellent for hair loss prevention. I'm watching this topic with interest as I have a very thick head of rapidly greying hair!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#25 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:02 PM

The theory of pseudocatalase is good although you can already order pseudocatalase powder on ebay, mix it with a neutral shampoo, apply it to your hair twice a day. Me and many others tried it with no results. Maybe the seller is haox or there should be a better delivery method.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#26 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:31 PM

The cure for grey hair should be upregulating catalase.  This is the enzyme that breaks down H2O2 which causes grey hair.

One paper with Lutein antioxidant claims to see higher catalase levels in mice.

The biological pathway that is most likely to produce overall health benefits and retard(reverse?) grey hair is higher levels of SIRT3 and low/normal glucose levels.  It is the pathway that I think is most important and I focus on.

Icariin promotes expression of PGC-1alpha, PPARalpha, and NRF-1 during cardiomyocyte differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells in vitro.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17883938

"...PGC-1alpha induces expression of Sirt3..."
http://www.anti-agingfirewalls.com/2012/03/07/focus-on-phytosubstances-–-amazing-properties-of-epimedium-and-icariin/

PQQ – activator of PGC-1alpha, SIRT3 and mitochondrial biogenesis
http://www.anti-agingfirewalls.com/2011/04/06/pqq-–-activator-of-pgc-1alpha-sirt3-and-mitochondrial-biogenesis/

So; Horney Goat Weed and PQQ...

I have also read rumours about HGW lowering glucose levels?

I cant find PQQ here, but am already taking horny goat weed...  simply as a precaution against rolling out of bed you see, not for any SIRT activation, bone density increases, cartilage growth, possible telomerase and stem cell activation or, God forbid, greying hair!.  :)

#27 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

anyone seen a reversal by just taking a lutein supplement?

#28 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

The theory of pseudocatalase is good although you can already order pseudocatalase powder on ebay, mix it with a neutral shampoo, apply it to your hair twice a day. Me and many others tried it with no results. Maybe the seller is haox or there should be a better delivery method.

Did you get any UVB after applying it?

#29 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

yes and I've been in touch with a big group of people having done the same. The powder sold on the internet doesn't seem to work for anyone. At least not when mixing it with a shampoo and leaving it on twice a day for five minutes. Man, it destroyed my hair.

#30 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

The powder sold on the internet doesn't seem to work for anyone. At least not when mixing it with a shampoo and leaving it on twice a day for five minutes. Man, it destroyed my hair.

Maybe it was contaminated with a protease that partially digested your hair?  (doesn't sound good...) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users