• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * - - 9 votes

My week long-experiment with Binaural Beats @ 40-48hz. AMAZING Results

binaural beats amazing increase brain

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#1 Absent

• 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

A PREWARNING: My results have been AMAZING. Far more than any placebo and far greater than anything I initially expected.

There's occasional talk of Binaural Beats here on these forums, but not many structured experiments I've noticed. I mostly see people trying to do entrainment at 7, 12, and sometimes 15-20hz. Most of these result in slowing down the mind, and becoming more relaxed.... though nobody has seemed to entrain to higher levels.

I haven't really officially documented anything, but have kept mindful of my thought processes. This past week I haven't taken any supplements, nootropics, or any vitamins. I repeat NO SUPPLEMENTS, VITAMINS, or NOOTROPICS.

What I did: Upon waking, I plopped on my headphones and listened to 40(or 48hz) for about 30 minutes, either while browsing online, reading, or just sitting there and listening to the sound. I would also periodically listen to it throughout the day. I find the immediate effects most noticeable depending on what activity I am doing.

My Theory:The theory I have been able to draw from my experiences here is that brainwave entrainment with Binaural Beats seems to entrain your brainwave speeds to whatever you are doing at the present moment. It's not as if you're entire brain is active in a single instance. Though, this elevated brainwave state seems to persist even after I stop listening for up to several hours, depending on how long I listen for. Sometimes I would browse online for an hour with the sound playing in my headphones.

Effect:There is a noticeable increase in my cognitive energy levels, and in my thought coherency. I don't really seem to be "stimulated" like in terms of physical energy, but my thought processes and focus seems to be highly elevated.

Effect: My creativity is massively increased. I can come up with elaborate stories in my head, as well as coming up with complex jokes and flirts. I seem to be much more witty and my thoughts seem to hold together much more easily, as well as my memory being increased.

Effect: I also seem to notice an increased awareness of my senses, as if I am noticing more things about what I perceive.

Effect: My reflexes in playing First Person Shooter games have seem to risen dramatically. There is almost no hesitation to shoot. It is as if I am responding immediately to what pops up on my screen. This also would make sense. Slower brain waves = slower brain processing & slower reaction time. Faster Brain Waves = Faster reaction time.

Effect: I seem to be much less emotional so to speak. Almost sort of feels like the emotional blunting from Pramiracetam. I feel barely any pressure in social situations, being very focused, and my come backs seem to be very witty. This emotional damping also seems to effect both positive and negative emotions, but in a good way. I feel almost uninhibited emotionally. When it comes to talking to random women, I am not distracted or concerned with my attraction to them.

Effect: I seem to be so focused and mentally 'fast' that any negative/depressing thoughts are gone. Even trying to think about such thoughts is very hard, or rather, I don't care. My past weeks have been filled with wishing I could kill myself for no real reason, but after a few sessions of listening to this high frequency Binaural beat, those thoughts/feelings are totally gone.

Effect: I have already said it, but I am much much more perceptive, my eyes pick up more details, and overall I am aware of more sensory input.

Effect: Hundreds of instances of vivid memory recall. Basically I would hear or smell something particular and it would vividly bring back a specific memory that is maybe 2-4 years old, or even if I have recently done it.

Effect on waking from sleep: I am able to wake up SOOOO much easier, usually it is hard as hell for me to get my ass out of bed.

Effect: All of the above effects would last many minutes after the sessions. It seems the more sessions I do, the longer the effects last inbetween long periods. So for instance my first 30 minute session may have only had lingering effects for about 30-40 minutes. 7 days later(now), I can do a 30 minute session in the morning and experience things all day long that I never experienced a week ago.

THE ONLY DOWNSIDE: If I do a session too soon before bed, It makes it very hard to sleep. The only way I can describe it is that my mind is very awake and energized... but not in a hectic, unable to relax sense. Not Jittery, and not like you just drank coffee.... Just... very "Awake". I find I can usually avoid this being kept awake effect by not listening too close to my bed time.

There are many many more effects, which I probably should have kept a Journal. So far it has been an amazing experience.

Theory of Effects: Based on what I know about Gamma brainwaves, everything I have experienced so far seems to fit there descriptions perfectly, and it seems the power of the effects increase cumulatively. It is as if all of these effects stem directly from my brainwaves simply being faster and being able to be held together with greater ease. I just generally feel as if my brain can process more information at any given time, leading to more complex thoughts, and inevitably, more creative thoughts.

The effects seem to work no matter what you are doing, as long as you can somewhat hear the noise. I doubt it works subconsciously, but I haven't tried so I wouldn't know. I find the most immediately noticeable after effects occur when I am doing something of a focused nature while listening(such as typing this post). Though, it seems no matter what I am doing the effects happen either way when I switch activities. It can be subtle in a sense, but has a very noticeable impact on the effectiveness of my thought processes, and the nature of them in general.

GENERALLY, I try to avoid listening to them when watching TV on my computer, or doing something that has a lot of noise, I don't seem to notice much immediate effect when watching TV while listening to the sound. Though, there does seem to be an AFTER-effect when I am playing FPS shooter games on my PC, ON TOP OF the noticeable improvement in my gameplay ability and reflexes while playing.

The program I used: I experimented with some pre-recorded uploads of 40hz people put on youtube, but with my knowledge of digital audio, I know mp3 recordings are never pure, not that it matters, but it led me to download BWGEN(Brainwave Generator). With BWGen I can make my own custom tracks by basically programming the frequency in each ear. It also gives me more freedom to switch up the frequencies while keeping them at 40/48. So basically I might do 200hz one ear, and 240 in the other. Or maybe 120hz one ear, and 160hz in the other. Binaural beats theoretically work by your brain compensating for the difference between the 2 frequencies. So far, my experience is that this is true.

I change up the base frequencies occasionally incase I get bored of the sound, or if I'm worrying about becoming tolerant to it's potential effects, but this so far has proven to not matter. I have been having consistent results using a linear progression of the frequencies from a base of 100hz to 200hz, over a period of 60 minutes. Basically it gradually changes the tone while keeping the difference between the 2 frequencies in the right ear and left ear at 48, or whatever I specify.

The reason I use BWGen is because it immediately generates the sound, in it's purest mathematical form. MP3's are compressed. The only downside with this is you can't put it on your MP3 Player unless you convert the .wav file output to an Mp3, A single 10 minute wave file might take up several gigabytes of disc space. In theory mp3 files have been shown to work, but overall wave files are more pure as digital audio. It really shouldn't matter with your results, but I just like to get technical. My choosing to stream the sounds directly from BWGen limits me to only being able to listen at my computer, which hasn't been a problem since I work from home.

My results have been AMAZING. I expect them to continually accumulate and increase in strength over time. I have never had such good results from anything, not piracetam(nor megadoses of it with fishoil) or any nootropic. These are true long-term results with no substances involved.

I have tried to cover as many points as I can presently think of, so if you have any questions, please do post. These past 7 days have shown me the true life changing power of Binaural beats... I could not be happier. I will honestly continue to do what I have been doing and using these daily as often as I can, because so far the results just seem to be getting better and better.

Honestly overtime I am going to work on increasing the frequencies. I have been mostly doing 40 or 48hz this past week. I plan to increase to around 55hz or 60hz next week. It seems like the higher the frequencies, the more focused and computerized(unaffected by most emotions) I become.

There seems to be less noticeable effects if I try to jump up immediately to say 70-80hz. The theory is that the closer to your current brainwaves the beat frequency is, the more easily they can be influenced. So perhaps I will get amazing effects from them a few weeks down the line. I will continue to post and update this as my journey continues.

Edited by Siro, 01 February 2013 - 12:25 AM.

• like x 4
  • dislike x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#2 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

So you listen to something like this?
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

Yes, that is one of the videos I used before downloading BWGen. Which is what I suggest because BWGen gives you greater control over which frequencies you're using, and allows you to ramp them to your specifications. It can be tricky to understand at first but isn't hard to learn.

#4 Heh

• Validating/Suspended
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

I'm a fan of brainwave entrainment. I'm glad you are experiencing positive effects. Also, when I don't want any mental blocks, I listen to one of the frequencies while I'm working, and I just do. No hesitation, no interruptions, nothing.

55-60Hz isn't a good range to be in, nor is the range around 6.66Hz. Here is a resource that lists several frequencies and the effect others have experienced from entraining to them: lunarsight.com/freq.htm.

40Hz is a great wake up frequency, and it's a great state to be in when tying things together and when thinking at a higher level. It is said to tie all brain states together, unifying all that is learnt/known into final insight.

#5 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

There's nothing negative about any particular frequency. I have past work with EEG and FMRI devices, along with a background in meditation. Some meditators have been shown to be able to get their brainwaves in the 70-140hz range, depending on the intensity of their practice. There have even been buddhist monks who have been able to get their brainwaves up to 200hz. in the 'Lambda' Range. There is no definable characteristics of super specific brainwave frequencies(as in that list), only various deductions that can be deduced through a general understanding that faster brainwaves will have certain characteristics, and slower ones will have certain characteristics.

While certain frequencies can evoke certain things by chance, the specific speed of frequency has little to do with particular activities. I have seen that list before that you just linked, and I frankly believe 95% of it is bullshit. That list originates from a psuedospiritual source any how. Do you honestly believe those numbers were scientifically measured? Especially with the claims of Psychic Powers and Telekinesis abilities at specific frequencies on the list? I am not saying such things might not be possible, but I'm saying that list looks like someone pulled it out of their ass more than anything....not to mention their ubiquitous mention of 6.66hz....

Different frequencies will inevitably bring out different thought-patterns in every person, but these are typically subtle unique differences. The general characteristics of the basic (Delta,Theta, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and sometimes Lambda in meditators) brain-wave frequencies seems to generally the same in most people.

Edited by Siro, 01 February 2013 - 01:46 AM.

#6 Heh

• Validating/Suspended
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

I'm not against entraining to higher frequencies, nor am I saying it's not possible, I'm just pointing out the problem frequencies of 6.66Hz, 55Hz, and 60Hz. For example, power lines and electronic equipment, a source of EMF distress for many, operate at 55Hz or 60Hz. There are other problem frequencies listed on that page.

Some of the numbers on that list were scientifically measured. Perhaps you should read into the work of Royal Rife and Tesla who discovered certain frequencies provided certain benefits. They mainly studied the use of electromagnetic frequencies, but there has been research done by others into the effect sound has at particular frequencies, most of which is cited on that page.

#7 dreth7

• 47 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

Could you please post a file so I can import one. I keep creating ear splitting beats and i'm frankly getting a giant headace :(

#8 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

Could you please post a file so I can import one. I keep creating ear splitting beats and i'm frankly getting a giant headace :(

Go to your preset options and go to the sound-tab. First, what I suggest you do is click the button to set left/right separately.

For the left, I just have only 2 nodes(I deleted the middle one). If you want it to be basic, just set both of those nodes to 100. I personally have my first node at 100hz, and the node at the end at 200hz.

For the right, the setup is the same, except the numbers I have are 148hz for the start, and 200hz at the end.

This way there is a gradual tone change while keeping the frequency at 48hz. It's not nessisary to change the tone, it's just my personal preference. If you want you can have the line completely flat with the left being 100hz and the right being 148hz...

I tend to find the very high freqs above 400hz to be death to the ears, and I can't bear them. You may find some ranges more comfortable than others. Just don't go so low that the sound isn't audible.

#9 dreth7

• 47 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

Thanks for the quick response. I'll figure it out in the A.M. I'll be sure to post if this is helpful.. Im in an accelerated medical program. So life is pretty busy schooling wise and every bit will help!

#10 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

For anyone interested, spotify has hundreds of binaural beats available for listening. just search hz.

or search 417 hz undo, and at the top under playlists click the link. That is my personal binaural/meditation playlist
  • like x 4

#11 james1589

• 23 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

Anyone have any recommendations/advice for setting up BWGEN ? I can download it and open it using "Unarchiver" but when I go to run the "self-extracting set up file" I get an error message and told that the file is incomplete?

Thoughts? Is it because I'm on a mac ? any way around this ?

Edited by james1589, 01 February 2013 - 07:16 AM.

#12 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Siro, I am very pleased with your results and it will be nice to post some sample of what you are using, just to determine if we can get similar results from that one piece. Otherwise it can be true that different settings or background music can bring different results..

#13 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Siro, I am very pleased with your results and it will be nice to post some sample of what you are using, just to determine if we can get similar results from that one piece. Otherwise it can be true that different settings or background music can bring different results..

This past week I've been using multiple different presets, and making slight changes to my presets every day. Its the reason why I encourage people to learn how to use the program themselves, or to use presets off youtube. Right now I recently upped my frequency to 50hz with positive results. When I did that last night there were even more positive results.

If you guys insist I will upload the one I am using right now, but I encourage you to learn how to use the program and learn about this stuff so you can have more control over your own listening's.

Also I do not believe background music is important, at all. Sure it might help a person to relax but it does not have any direct manipulative effect on brainwaves in the same manner that the Binaural Beat rhythm does. This isn't to say relaxing sounds don't have an effect on your mind state.... I just suggest against it. The reason I suggest against it is to minimize the amount of non-binaural influence on your brainwaves. I tend to get the most noticable results out of my sessions when the beat-rhythm my ears are picking up are as pure as possible, even if I am not consciously paying attention to them.

http://uppit.com/3z8...ith_no_ramp.bwg

#14 RJ100

• 153 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Thanks for the post and links.

Does the white noise in the background in the BWGEN presets serve a purpose? Or is it just to wash out unwanted noises/distractions?

#15 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

It can make it easier for people to listen to it, but personally I prefer to keep my sounds pure and keep the frequencies at a level that's not unbearable. I try to get the most out of my time listening, doing what I can to not muddle up my results

#16 IA87

• 76 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Could you do some dual-n-back up to a plateau, without listening to binaural beats that day, and then see if you can overcome that plateau by trying dual-n-back immediately after listening to binaural beats? It may take a month or two for you to hit the first plateau (unless you have already used dnb before, and have already plateaued, in which case you are good to go), but it is well worth the wait.

#17 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

I agree that continued use is the trick. Over a period of years I spent several weeks at TMI where there were several sessions a day and hemisync all night. I got to the point that waking up was a smooth continuum of consciousness and there were definite telepathic and prescient effects during the day.

#18 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Could you do some dual-n-back up to a plateau, without listening to binaural beats that day, and then see if you can overcome that plateau by trying dual-n-back immediately after listening to binaural beats? It may take a month or two for you to hit the first plateau (unless you have already used dnb before, and have already plateaued, in which case you are good to go), but it is well worth the wait.

Have no idea what that means.

I feel as if each session is developing my brains ability to stay in that certain frequency. I feel as if I have gained the ability to literally 'switch' my brain into that particular frequency.

#19 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

This past week I've been using multiple different presets, and making slight changes to my presets every day. Its the reason why I encourage people to learn how to use the program themselves, or to use presets off youtube. Right now I recently upped my frequency to 50hz with positive results. When I did that last night there were even more positive results.

If you guys insist I will upload the one I am using right now, but I encourage you to learn how to use the program and learn about this stuff so you can have more control over your own listening's.

Also I do not believe background music is important, at all. Sure it might help a person to relax but it does not have any direct manipulative effect on brainwaves in the same manner that the Binaural Beat rhythm does. This isn't to say relaxing sounds don't have an effect on your mind state.... I just suggest against it. The reason I suggest against it is to minimize the amount of non-binaural influence on your brainwaves. [b]I tend to get the most noticable results out of my sessions when the beat-rhythm my ears are picking up are as pure as possible, even if I am not consciously paying a
http://uppit.com/3z8...ith_no_ramp.bwg

Would someone be so kind as to upload this sound as a HQ youtube vid or Soundcloud clip? The only home access I have to the internet is my phone so the bwgen is not a feasible option :( Incredible results anyway! Do you meditate while listening or can you just passively listen and still receive the benefits? It seems surprising given such profound results that gamma level beats aren't incorporated into more commercial selections.

#20 Mr Serendipity

• 980 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

BWGenerator kept crashing for me, but I found a free alternative here which is much more up to date:

http://gnaural.sourceforge.net/

You can run on Windows, Linux, or Mac.

#21 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

I would like to stress again the importance of not listening to these high frequencies close to, or within an 1-3 hours before your bed time. I made the mistake last night of listening 1 hour before my bed time and I was half-awake all night and my sleep was not rested at all. I have been tired all day. Even trying to listen to them today doesn't seem to give me full effects, as if my brain is not rested enough to produce the chemicals/work to maintain such high frequency brainwaves

Would someone be so kind as to upload this sound as a HQ youtube vid or Soundcloud clip? The only home access I have to the internet is my phone so the bwgen is not a feasible option :( Incredible results anyway! Do you meditate while listening or can you just passively listen and still receive the benefits? It seems surprising given such profound results that gamma level beats aren't incorporated into more commercial selections.

Converting even a 10 minute .wav file output from BWGen to mp3 can take hours, and you need the right software to do it. There are hundreds of uploads to youtube already of all sorts of different frequencies that can work just as well. You may also be able to find pre-converted mp3 files of various frequencies uploaded in various places online, if you do a bit of googling.

I have tried to meditate while listening, but it seems it actually prevents me from focusing on my Meditation, as if it's having a powerful effect on my brain. Though if I try to meditate after listening to it, my ability to concentrate is increased as if more of my mind is engaged in my concentration.

You can passively do other things while listening, but my personal experience is that it impacts my brain so much that it can actually distract from what I am doing, for whatever reason, though this does not seem to decrease the benefits I get after the fact. I'm sure the more I do it the more I will understand the effects.

#22 umop 3pisdn

• 81 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

I have tried to meditate while listening, but it seems it actually prevents me from focusing on my Meditation, as if it's having a powerful effect on my brain. Though if I try to meditate after listening to it, my ability to concentrate is increased as if more of my mind is engaged in my concentration.

Have you tried just making the audio stimuli the object of your meditation? I imagine that it would still exert an added effect that might hinder meditation, but you would minimize distraction by instead centering your mindful awareness on just hearing the sounds, and maybe only maintain a 'background' level of awareness on your breathing (if you normally just follow the breath). I have an EEG that I was planning on using for a Theta-Alpha-Gamma synchrony neurofeedback protocol (maybe with EEG-Driven stimulation, as well), and this was essentially my plan for bringing the two practices together.

Edited by umop 3pisdn, 01 February 2013 - 07:29 PM.

#23 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Have you tried just making the audio stimuli the object of your meditation? I imagine that it would still exert an added effect that might hinder meditation, but you would minimize distraction by instead centering your mindful awareness on just hearing the sounds, and maybe only maintain a 'background' level of awareness on your breathing (if you normally just follow the breath). I have an EEG that I was planning on using for a Theta-Alpha-Gamma synchrony neurofeedback protocol (maybe with EEG-Driven stimulation, as well), and this was essentially my plan for bringing the two practices together.

Yes I have tried that. What seems to happen is as I am focusing on the sound, my awareness is trying to constantly expand outwards. As if the act of focusing is limiting my awareness to the object and the sound is widening it. Though on the flip side, when super deep states of concentration are reached, awareness begins to expand, in a concentrated format. So if I were to reach these super concentrated states first, then try to apply the sound while staying super focused, the effect might totally different than trying to enter these states while listening to the sound.

Later today I'll try a different type of meditation where I simply focus on nothing and let everything just exist in my awareness. Perhaps this will support the Gamma effect as it builds.

#24 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Comparing a compressed file to a BWG one how much does the perceived effect differ? And what do you do during listening? As you say it seems to distract if you're doing anything that requires substantial amounts of brain power, as I just discovered using a 40hz yt recording and attempting to study.

#25 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Comparing a compressed file to a BWG one how much does the perceived effect differ? And what do you do during listening? As you say it seems to distract if you're doing anything that requires substantial amounts of brain power, as I just discovered using a 40hz yt recording and attempting to study.

So you've noticed it too then?

I work with audio on a daily basis, and an uncompressed audio file contains thousands of times more data than a compressed file. Our conscious minds though cannot easily pick up the difference. If you got an amazing quality sound-card and studio quality multithousand dollar speakers and played the compressed and uncompressed files right after eachother, you would distinctly here a difference. Though I mean, at this point I honestly doubt the compressed/uncompressed would make much of a difference in the general effect.

When I have very good sessions, all sound for a short period afterwards has a pulsating effect to it, but not for long. I also seem to have a altered perception of things that is easily noticeable, and even more greatly noticeable in social situations.

Try doing this. Try to listen to it for a while, doing whatever, browsing online, just anything really, or just sitting and listening to it with your eyes closed... and after like 30 minutes or so, go try to study, or go do something. You should notice a distinct change in your brain functioning.

#26 umop 3pisdn

• 81 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Yes I have tried that. What seems to happen is as I am focusing on the sound, my awareness is trying to constantly expand outwards. As if the act of focusing is limiting my awareness to the object and the sound is widening it. Though on the flip side, when super deep states of concentration are reached, awareness begins to expand, in a concentrated format. So if I were to reach these super concentrated states first, then try to apply the sound while staying super focused, the effect might totally different than trying to enter these states while listening to the sound.

Later today I'll try a different type of meditation where I simply focus on nothing and let everything just exist in my awareness. Perhaps this will support the Gamma effect as it builds.

Another suggestion might be to emphasize alpha-theta as far as meditation is concerned, and once theta is dominant then switch to gamma. This guy suggests that gamma might be nested in theta activity, or that some kind of harmonic thing is going on. I'm not particularly versed in it myself but I'm kind of a fan of Douglas Dailey's work with neurofeedback so I wouldn't be surprised if there was something to it. Granted that this is for training brainwaves with eeg neurofeedback but I would think that the general idea should still apply. I think I recall reading an analysis of eeg studies of meditation elsewhere that a common trait was alpha dominance, followed by theta dominance, and finally theta marked by increasing predominance of gamma bursts.

Objectless awareness does seem like it would get around a lot of the problems, though I would probably have difficulty with it myself.

Edited by umop 3pisdn, 01 February 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#27 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Another suggestion might be to emphasize alpha-theta as far as meditation is concerned, and once theta is dominant then switch to gamma. This guy suggests that gamma might be nested in theta activity, or that some kind of harmonic thing is going on. I'm not particularly versed in it myself but I'm kind of a fan of Douglas Dailey's work with neurofeedback so I wouldn't be surprised if there was something to it. Granted that this is for training brainwaves with eeg neurofeedback but I would think that the general idea should still apply.

I've been meditating on and off for a number of years, and from the knowledge I have gathered, certain sorts of brainwaves are better for certain types of meditation. If you want meditation for basic relaxation, which is a side effect of it, then theta waves are great. Though advanced stages of meditation have a highly cognitive boosting aspect to it that many people don't recognize because many people don't put in enough effort to get to it. At these highly boosted cognitive states, Theta and Alpha stimulation will decrease your meditation efficiency.

You are right that with Gamma Waves, they can sometimes ride on slower waves, or slower waves can ride on them. Though, I don't believe this can happen with brainwave entrainment, as no type of sound-based entrainment can match the brains ability to generate complex patterns as such, at least, not yet. This type of wave-riding activity typically only occurs at very high states of consciousness in very advanced meditators with thousands of hours of practice. In other words, such wave-states are reflective of a highly unified and collected mind, that binaural beats alone would not be able to get a person to.

#28 umop 3pisdn

• 81 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Another suggestion might be to emphasize alpha-theta as far as meditation is concerned, and once theta is dominant then switch to gamma. This guy suggests that gamma might be nested in theta activity, or that some kind of harmonic thing is going on. I'm not particularly versed in it myself but I'm kind of a fan of Douglas Dailey's work with neurofeedback so I wouldn't be surprised if there was something to it. Granted that this is for training brainwaves with eeg neurofeedback but I would think that the general idea should still apply.

I've been meditating on and off for a number of years, and from the knowledge I have gathered, certain sorts of brainwaves are better for certain types of meditation. If you want meditation for basic relaxation, which is a side effect of it, then theta waves are great. Though advanced stages of meditation have a highly cognitive boosting aspect to it that many people don't recognize because many people don't put in enough effort to get to it. At these highly boosted cognitive states, Theta and Alpha stimulation will decrease your meditation efficiency.

You are right that with Gamma Waves, they can sometimes ride on slower waves, or slower waves can ride on them. Though, I don't believe this can happen with brainwave entrainment, as no type of sound-based entrainment can match the brains ability to generate complex patterns as such, at least, not yet. This type of wave-riding activity typically only occurs at very high states of consciousness in very advanced meditators with thousands of hours of practice. In other words, such wave-states are reflective of a highly unified and collected mind, that binaural beats alone would not be able to get a person to.

That makes sense, sorry I probably should have considered that. I think it is just on my mind because I was planning on implementing that protocol myself, so now I'm over-applying it .

#29 Mr Serendipity

• 980 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

I'm listening to this, as well as lyrical music on spotify.

One thing I've noticed is while reading, it feels like the spotify song I'm listening to has been playing forever, like 5 minutes, when really it's only 1-2 minutes in. Maybe placebo, need more time to experiment.

Edited by manny, 01 February 2013 - 08:14 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#30 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Brainwave entrainment only worked once for me.
It was 1hz BWE mp3, 5 mins after listening I entered into another state of consciousness, to be exact I made my right hemisphere dominant over the left hemisphere, this was an amazing experience. I had the memory of an elephant, really, I could just learn the content of a book and then be able to recite exactly the sentences however my logical thinking was strongly impaired, I had to read twice or thrice to understand sometimes the meaning of a sentence!
This has only worked 2 times in a row, I think picamilon made me able to reach that state. (picamilon alone does nothing but + BWE it seems to have wonderful effects on me).
Also it worked again 1 month after this with another frequency (schumann frequency), this proves me it wasn't just mind and setting or placebo... However this time I had needed no picamilon, weird... but I'm pretty sure picamilon allowed me to enter that state.
I tried again the same mp3 months later but it didn't work, maybe I should buy some picamilon and give it a try.
If BWE works for you then you can truly access instant brain enhancement for free however BWE shoudl be used cautiously if misused it can be very dangerous.
For those who would like to try what gave me those effects :

It took me 5 mins to feel the effects, I know when it works because it increases dilation of my nose and creates a slight pressure on it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: binaural, beats, amazing, increase, brain

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users