• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * - - 9 votes

My week long-experiment with Binaural Beats @ 40-48hz. AMAZING Results

binaural beats amazing increase brain

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#31 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

That makes sense, sorry I probably should have considered that. I think it is just on my mind because I was planning on implementing that protocol myself, so now I'm over-applying it .

I mean any ideas that you have are worth trying honestly. Experiment, and experiment some more. I wouldn't let someone else thinking I was wrong prevent me from trying something I think might work, or else I wouldn't have discovered so many great things in my life.

I'm listening to this, as well as lyrical music on spotify.

One thing I've noticed is while reading, it feels like the spotify song I'm listening to has been playing forever, like 5 minutes, when really it's only 1-2 minutes in. Maybe placebo, need more time to experiment.

That honestly sounds like some of the effects from Gamma Waves, I'll have to check out that particular recording. High Gamma Wave coherency can essentially cause a person to experience 'more of reality' at any given moment than usual, and this can make it seem like time is stretched.

Sometimes when I am in very high states of consciousness from meditation, I can meditate for what feels like hours and only a couple minutes will have passed. Sometimes the opposite happens where I'll only feel like a few minutes has passed and up to 8-9 hours has passed... though don't expect this to happen with Binaural beats, the meditation states that this happens in are highly advanced and developed.

Brainwave entrainment only worked once for me.
It was 1hz BWE mp3, 5 mins after listening I entered into another state of consciousness, to be exact I made my right hemisphere dominant over the left hemisphere, this was an amazing experience. I had the memory of an elephant, really, I could just learn the content of a book and then be able to recite exactly the sentences however my logical thinking was strongly impaired, I had to read twice or thrice to understand sometimes the meaning of a sentence!
This has only worked 2 times in a row, I think picamilon made me able to reach that state. (picamilon alone does nothing but + BWE it seems to have wonderful effects on me).
Also it worked again 1 month after this with another frequency (schumann frequency), this proves me it wasn't just mind and setting or placebo... However this time I had needed no picamilon, weird... but I'm pretty sure picamilon allowed me to enter that state.
I tried again the same mp3 months later but it didn't work, maybe I should buy some picamilon and give it a try.
If BWE works for you then you can truly access instant brain enhancement for free however BWE shoudl be used cautiously if misused it can be very dangerous.
For those who would like to try what gave me those effects :

It took me 5 mins to feel the effects, I know when it works because it increases dilation of my nose and creates a slight pressure on it.

Keep in mind a number of brain chemistry factors can alter your experiences with BWE(or any drugs). So just because you were not able to get into that super-memory state a couple times later, doesn't mean the BWE isn't working any more. Changes in brain chemistry can sometimes not be noticable over a period of days or weeks, which can cause that exact effect being unable to be reproduced exactly how you experienced it in situations prior. This doesn't mean that those effects cannot return or build back up with continued use. Something in your brain likely got thrown off at some point. Our brains are always in a state of flux, especially with all the chemicals they put in modern foods.

#32 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

If someone has an idea on how to be able to feel isochronic or binaurals again I would be very grateful.
All brainwaves I'm testing right now are totally innefective to me...

sponsored ad

• Advert

#33 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

If someone has an idea on how to be able to feel isochronic or binaurals again I would be very grateful.

Just because you don't notice the effect immediately does not mean it isn't working. Sometimes these things can be like Piracetam, where the effect builds over time.

I noticed my first couple of sessions, I didn't feel anything other than a slightly modified sense of perception after it... which went away in 10 minutes or so. Though I began to notice modifications and changes to the thoughts that would arise in my mind and my general overall method of problem solving various things, including my methods of conversating.

Basically you unlikely won't feel any obviously noticeable effects like a drug would produce until you give it time to build up and accumulate. Though on the other hand you may feel very obvious effects right afterwards. It's very much like Piracetam in small doses. Some people feel immediate after effects after just taking a few grams, while some people wont notice anything for a week or so or until they do something cognitively demanding.

#34 umop 3pisdn

• 81 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

That makes sense, sorry I probably should have considered that. I think it is just on my mind because I was planning on implementing that protocol myself, so now I'm over-applying it .

I mean any ideas that you have are worth trying honestly. Experiment, and experiment some more. I wouldn't let someone else thinking I was wrong prevent me from trying something I think might work, or else I wouldn't have discovered so many great things in my life.

I was meaning to try the Theta-Alpha-Gamma neurofeedback protocol as an adjunct to meditation, I still think that that would work, but I think you're right that it wouldn't apply to BWE because you can only entrain one frequency at a time.

#35 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Anyone can convert 50hz with no ramp.bwg to mp3? Thanks

#36 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Just because you don't notice the effect immediately does not mean it isn't working. Sometimes these things can be like Piracetam, where the effect builds over time.

I noticed my first couple of sessions, I didn't feel anything other than a slightly modified sense of perception after it... which went away in 10 minutes or so. Though I began to notice modifications and changes to the thoughts that would arise in my mind and my general overall method of problem solving various things, including my methods of conversating.

Basically you unlikely won't feel any obviously noticeable effects like a drug would produce until you give it time to build up and accumulate. Though on the other hand you may feel very obvious effects right afterwards. It's very much like Piracetam in small doses. Some people feel immediate after effects after just taking a few grams, while some people wont notice anything for a week or so or until they do something cognitively demanding.

Thanks for the tip, I will try this again on a long term basis.
Are the preset programs in BWgen good enough?

#37 Mr Serendipity

• 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

I'm listening to this, as well as lyrical music on spotify.

One thing I've noticed is while reading, it feels like the spotify song I'm listening to has been playing forever, like 5 minutes, when really it's only 1-2 minutes in. Maybe placebo, need more time to experiment.

That honestly sounds like some of the effects from Gamma Waves, I'll have to check out that particular recording. High Gamma Wave coherency can essentially cause a person to experience 'more of reality' at any given moment than usual, and this can make it seem like time is stretched.

Sometimes when I am in very high states of consciousness from meditation, I can meditate for what feels like hours and only a couple minutes will have passed. Sometimes the opposite happens where I'll only feel like a few minutes has passed and up to 8-9 hours has passed... though don't expect this to happen with Binaural beats, the meditation states that this happens in are highly advanced and developed.

We're aiming for Gamma right? Also I started reading my book on networking, didn't find it that hard to do, was almost speed reading at first. This is while listening to lyrical music on Spotify and playing that 40hz Youtube video.

I do think there is an effect, sadly I feel too tired at the moment to use it because I did start to drift off. Or maybe the video made me tired? But I do have black under my eyes so I think I didn't have the best sleep last night. I'll test more tomorrow.

#38 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Also with my amazing effects I also had side effects :
- impaired hearing, it caused hearing loss as if the volume was turned down (resolved after taking caffeine, I verified this two times)
- zero sex drive, zero erection (resolved 1 week after discontinuation)
- total insomnia (resolved immediatly after discontinuation)
- nose pressure which then ended in a huge runny nose attack (lasted only one day)

I wish we could know how this worked in the brain exactly.

Edited by renfr, 01 February 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#39 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

- impaired hearing, it caused hearing loss as if the volume was turned down (resolved after taking caffeine, I verified this two times)
- nose pressure which then ended in a huge runny nose attack (lasted only one day)

I have experienced all of those, excep the last one, but let me give my insight.

Impaired Hearing - Has little to do with your actual ears, more of a neurological effect. Your hearing isn't being harmed, but rather your brain is still acclimating to higher brainwave energy levels. This means that all of your other thoughts are going to be louder so to speak, or at least this was my experience. I have also experienced the hearing 'impairment' as a side effect of a lot of concentration meditation, it goes away with time.

Zero Sex Drive - I didn't really see this as a problem personally. I am plagued by uncontrollable sexual urges. I try to resist them as long as I can until I can't resist anymore. I resist because everytime I orgasm I lose energy for almost the entire rest of the day as well as having impaired thought processes. Though honestly these Gamma Treatments have severely lessened the frequency of my uncontrollable erotic thoughts, and honestly, it's a blessing. I feel like an addict almost when I can't fight off the thoughts. My body is physically addicted to orgasming I believe from over-masturbation as a teen(haha yeah laugh it up)

When many Spiritual Traditions say Sex lowers your vibrations, or it is a lower vibratory/primitive action, what this basically translates to is that sexual activity, urges, and impulses occur are lower brain-wave states. I have personally observed a direct correlation over the years between my state of arousal and my brainwave activity/brain function.

This can also be a reason why many autistic savants aren't big on interpersonal relationships, or sexual relationships. Their brainwaves tend to be very high.

Total insomnia- Simply don't listen too soon before bed. For me this took some tinkering to figure out how soon before bed I could listen to them without being kept up.

Nose pressure - No idea what caused that. My only theory is that more blood-flow to your brain = some being taken away from your nasal areas. Or it could be entirely unrelated, I am not sure.

Edited by Siro, 01 February 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#40 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

We're aiming for Gamma right? Also I started reading my book on networking, didn't find it that hard to do, was almost speed reading at first. This is while listening to lyrical music on Spotify and playing that 40hz Youtube video.

I do think there is an effect, sadly I feel too tired at the moment to use it because I did start to drift off. Or maybe the video made me tired? But I do have black under my eyes so I think I didn't have the best sleep last night. I'll test more tomorrow.

Being too tired can cause the full effects to not be felt. If you are feeling tired, I advise not to listen to Gamma for a while( break for a couple hours before sleeping at least) so your brain can rest.

If your brain is already somewhat used to high-frequency brain activity, you might not feel the distracting effect of the Gamma waves. I attribute the distracting effect somewhat to the brain working hard to be in a state it's not used to be it. Basically imagine trying to do 2 extremely tough cognitive activities at once, the lesser dominant one is going to suffer because your brain is working hard on the other one.

But if your brain is already used to being in such high states, it wont have to work as hard and focus may just basically increase as a result. At this point you can either stick to that current frequency and allow your brainwaves to become harmonized(Binaural Beats both harmonize your brainwaves and elevate/lower them depending on the frequency), or you can go to a higher brainwave frequency.

My personal goal is to basically increase my frequency over time as much as I can. When I stop feeling effects from increasing, or too many negative effects, I will revert back down to the previous frequency, use it more, then later try to move back up. If you're comfortable with a particular frequency, then just stick to it. Either way prolonged used will provide structural changes to your brain.

#41 LBGSHI

• 347 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

I'm interested in an explanation as to what leads anyone to believe that binaural beats can have a "direct manipulative effect on brainwaves", as Siro puts it. I'm perfectly willing to accept that binaural beats could help someone meditate, or relax, and thereby perhaps allow that person to concentrate better during later moments, or experience other such indirect effects. However, I've never seen any evidence for the primary claim of binaural beats, which is their ability to modify human brainwave activity via entrainment. I understand the concept of entrainment, as it was used in totally different and non-biological applications in the past, but I have yet to see any evidence for this occurring in humans via binaural beats.

Looking around, the only studies of relevance I can find are:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23085086 - "Analysis of changes in broad-band and narrow-band amplitudes, and frequency showed no effect of binaural beat frequency eliciting a frequency following effect in the EEG."

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3322125/ - "No significant differences were found in vigilance or cortical frequency power during binaural beat stimulation compared to a white noise control period."

There is the following study which notes ERP in response to binaural beats, but the study does not reference EEG at all and does not use a control group with non-binaural-beat white noise or music: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19616993

Can anyone point to any evidence for binaural beats directly affecting brain wave activity?
  • Good Point x 1

#42 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Can anyone point to any evidence for binaural beats directly affecting brain wave activity?

I shared the same concern to be perfectly honest. I did so much searching hoping to find some EEG evidence, but there were so few studies. I basically said screw it, looked at peoples experiencing, and decided to give it a whirl on my own. The experiences I've had as well as the dramatic changes in thought process, focus, mental awareness are just simply too dramatic. Listening to some random song over and over again could not even have such dramatic effects.

I honestly wish there was an explanation, but I can attest that this is simply not a placebo effect, the effects are too dramatic and powerful.

All I can say is, numerous people have had definite results from these, and all of the people who didn't have immediate results have seemed to have results after prolonged use.....so who knows. I honestly wish I could get to an EEG machine because these sounds are clearly doing something to my brain and impacting my cognitive processes in a very noticeable manner.

Edit:

The effects I am experiecing are comparable to a very high dose of Pramiracetam or Piracetam. If you can show me something that will give me a placebo effect that powerful, I will gladly take it over listening to sounds all day.

Edited by Siro, 01 February 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#43 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

LBGSHI,

I would also like to point out in both of those 2 studies that you just linked, they only tested for EEG changes with 1, and 2 minutes of listening time. I can tell you right now if I listened to them for such a short period, there would be no noticeable change. Is there any studies of them testing it with 30 minutes, or even several hours of listening?

Also I just found this.
http://www.sciencedi...031938497004368

Presentation of beta-frequency binaural beats yielded more correct target detections and fewer false alarms than presentation of theta/delta frequency binaural beats. In addition, the beta-frequency beats were associated with less negative mood. Results suggest that the presentation of binaural auditory beats can affect psychomotor performance and mood. This technology may have applications for the control of attention and arousal and the enhancement of human performance.

Edited by Siro, 01 February 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#44 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Is this the right 40 hz freq?
https://www.youtube....&v=2xd_oDhMa3o#!

Edited by noos, 01 February 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#45 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

I don't think that's a binaural beat. Sounds more like a flat out 40hz sinewave, like for subwoofer-testing.

#46 LBGSHI

• 347 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

I shared the same concern to be perfectly honest. I did so much searching hoping to find some EEG evidence, but there were so few studies. I basically said screw it, looked at peoples experiencing, and decided to give it a whirl on my own. The experiences I've had as well as the dramatic changes in thought process, focus, mental awareness are just simply too dramatic. Listening to some random song over and over again could not even have such dramatic effects.

I honestly wish there was an explanation, but I can attest that this is simply not a placebo effect, the effects are too dramatic and powerful.

All I can say is, numerous people have had definite results from these, and all of the people who didn't have immediate results have seemed to have results after prolonged use.....so who knows. I honestly wish I could get to an EEG machine because these sounds are clearly doing something to my brain and impacting my cognitive processes in a very noticeable manner.

Edit:

The effects I am experiecing are comparable to a very high dose of Pramiracetam or Piracetam. If you can show me something that will give me a placebo effect that powerful, I will gladly take it over listening to sounds all day.

Thank you for the clear response.

I agree that there's nothing wrong with eliciting a placebo response if such a thing is desirable, but at a place like Longecity, we should also strive for discovery and research to be paramount. If no existing studies provide evidence for brainwave entrainment, and in fact two studies imply it does not occur at all, then at the moment all we know is that some people perceive positive effects from binaural beats. It would seem that the original hypothesis (brainwave entrainment) is incorrect, although it's still perfectly reasonable to consider that there are other benefits to binaural beats, and that these are what is benefiting those people who report positive results.

Still, in the spirit of not just saying, "I have no idea why this works, but I think it does", we should look for an explanation. It is disconcerting to think of a system such as binaural beats, to admit that we don't really know how it works (assuming it does), and to consider then that it's just as likely to do subtle harm as it is to provide subtle benefit. My opinion remains that the act of listening to binaural beats is similar to that of meditating, and is conferring similar benefits. I've never seriously meditated, but studies definitely indicate that meditation is effective and beneficial in various ways, depending on application. Otherwise, I do believe that we're observing the placebo effect.

I would, however, be happy to be proven incorrect. In any case, even absent any evidence of benefit, there's nothing wrong with engaging in such an activity if it seems to work for you, so long as you're abreast of current research and have given it decent consideration.

#47 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

Thank you for the clear response.

I agree that there's nothing wrong with eliciting a placebo response if such a thing is desirable, but at a place like Longecity, we should also strive for discovery and research to be paramount. If no existing studies provide evidence for brainwave entrainment, and in fact two studies imply it does not occur at all, then at the moment all we know is that some people perceive positive effects from binaural beats. It would seem that the original hypothesis (brainwave entrainment) is incorrect, although it's still perfectly reasonable to consider that there are other benefits to binaural beats, and that these are what is benefiting those people who report positive results.

Still, in the spirit of not just saying, "I have no idea why this works, but I think it does", we should look for an explanation. It is disconcerting to think of a system such as binaural beats, to admit that we don't really know how it works (assuming it does), and to consider then that it's just as likely to do subtle harm as it is to provide subtle benefit. My opinion remains that the act of listening to binaural beats is similar to that of meditating, and is conferring similar benefits. I've never seriously meditated, but studies definitely indicate that meditation is effective and beneficial in various ways, depending on application. Otherwise, I do believe that we're observing the placebo effect.

I would, however, be happy to be proven incorrect. In any case, even absent any evidence of benefit, there's nothing wrong with engaging in such an activity if it seems to work for you, so long as you're abreast of current research and have given it decent consideration.

I'm guessing you missed that double post of mine a few posts up :p.

http://www.longecity...post__p__563299

LBGSHI,

I would also like to point out in both of those 2 studies that you just linked, they only tested for EEG changes with 1, and 2 minutes of listening time. I can tell you right now if I listened to them for such a short period, there would be no noticeable change. Is there any studies of them testing it with 30 minutes, or even several hours of listening?

Also I just found this.
http://www.sciencedi...031938497004368

Presentation of beta-frequency binaural beats yielded more correct target detections and fewer false alarms than presentation of theta/delta frequency binaural beats. In addition, the beta-frequency beats were associated with less negative mood. Results suggest that the presentation of binaural auditory beats can affect psychomotor performance and mood. This technology may have applications for the control of attention and arousal and the enhancement of human performance.

There is definitely something else going on besides placebo. I do not personally believe 1 or 2 minutes, as mentioned in those 2 studies you linked, is enough time to produce any real noticeable change in brain activity. I rationalize that Brainwave entrainment is more of a coercing method of changing brainwaves, while, for instance, taking drugs/nootropics would be a direct way of manipulating them.

Edited by Siro, 01 February 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#48 LBGSHI

• 347 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

I'm guessing you missed that double post of mine a few posts up :p.

Yes, I responded before you edited/double-posted.

I saw that study earlier, but it doesn't really answer any of the questions I posed. Moreover, it's a bit deceptive, though probably not intentionally so. It states that:

"This study compared the effects of binaural auditory beats in the EEG beta and EEG theta/delta frequency ranges on mood and on performance of a vigilance task to investigate their effects on subjective and objective measures of arousal."

However, the study did not determine that these binaural beats caused brain EEG readings in those frequency ranges - instead, it used binaural beats that were themselves in those frequency ranges. The only mention of EEG is in this context, and nowhere in the study did they observe EEG readings for brain wave activity.

The only definite conclusion the study could make was that, during "performance of a vigilance task":

"Presentation of beta-frequency binaural beats yielded more correct target detections and fewer false alarms than presentation of theta/delta frequency binaural beats. In addition, the beta-frequency beats were associated with less negative mood."

This indicates that one type of binaural beats was better than another type of binaural beats in relation to its effect on concentration and mood, or alternatively, that one of the two ranges were distracting and inducing negative mood in test subjects, and the other did not do so, hence the difference in results. Though it was clearly stated in the abstract that some or all test subjects also listened to pink noise with no binaural beats (either intermittently between binaural beats or as a separate group with only pink noise; it doesn't specify), it never returns to this aspect of the study, and does not specify whether or not either of the two frequency ranges exceeded the control groups/periods in lack of negative mood or concentration ability. This seems to point to the fact that the abstract avoids mentioning the control because the two binaural beats groups differed while neither of them offered a benefit to the control itself. If you're up for it and would like to put your money where your mouth is (heh), please purchase the full text at the link you provided, for $31.50 :)

There is definitely something else going on besides placebo. I do not personally believe 1 or 2 minutes, as mentioned in those 2 studies you linked, is enough time to produce any real noticeable change in brain activity. I rationalize that Brainwave entrainment is more of a coercing method of changing brainwaves, while, for instance, taking drugs/nootropics would be a direct way of manipulating them.

A reasonable opinion, but an opinion nonetheless, as no scientific research backs this up.

Edited by LBGSHI, 01 February 2013 - 10:17 PM.

#49 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

I don't think that's a binaural beat. Sounds more like a flat out 40hz sinewave, like for subwoofer-testing.

What about this one?
http://www.mentallio...beats/beta-4660

Another

#50 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

A reasonable opinion, but an opinion nonetheless, as no scientific research backs this up.

I consider every experiment I do with attention to the effects scientific. There's no universal rule in place saying experiments must be conducted in X manner to be scientific. Maybe to be scientifically accepted in the modern world... but science is science. I was highly skeptical of this working before I got into it and decided to spend so much time listening to these sounds.... so I put my theory to the test and observed my mental states without expecting much, and the results far exceeded any of my expectations. Basically what I'm saying is my own experiments with myself is my own form of scientific research. While it may not be structured into the scientific method, it is still, scientific research.

Before I did this I considered it was all placebo, but after experimenting I can confidently say that is not so. All I know is SOMETHING is happening that is producing positive results that is not a placebo. On top of that all of the effects are matching what is described to be the characteristics of the various brainwave patterns.

What about this one?
http://www.mentallio...beats/beta-4660

Another
http://jetcityorange.com/binaural-beats/gamma-10min.mp3

Sounds like it could be one... but if you can't get BWG to work, I suggest you use one of the ones uploaded to youtube. Just search 40hz binaural beats, or whatever frequency you're looking for. Or you can just experiment with that one there and let people know your results on this thread.

Edited by Siro, 01 February 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#51 LBGSHI

• 347 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

I consider every experiment I do with attention to the effects scientific. There's no universal rule in place saying experiments must be conducted in X manner to be scientific. Maybe to be scientifically accepted in the modern world... but science is science. I was highly skeptical of this working before I got into it and decided to spend so much time listening to these sounds.... so I put my theory to the test and observed my mental states without expecting much, and the results far exceeded any of my expectations. Basically what I'm saying is my own experiments with myself is my own form of scientific research. While it may not be structured into the scientific method, it is still, scientific research.

Before I did this I considered it was all placebo, but after experimenting I can confidentially say that is not so. All I know is SOMETHING is happening that is producing positive results that is not a placebo. On top of that all of the effects are matching what is described to be the characteristics of the various brainwave patterns.

I understand and agree with your sentiment. I am not opposed to binaural beats; I just wish we had a clear idea of how, if at all, they work.

Also, "confidentially" means "in secret" :P

#52 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Before I did this I considered it was all placebo, but after experimenting I can confidentially say that is not so. All I know is SOMETHING is happening that is producing positive results that is not a placebo. On top of that all of the effects are matching what is described to be the characteristics of the various brainwave patterns.

I understand and agree with your sentiment. I am not opposed to binaural beats; I just wish we had a clear idea of how, if at all, they work.

Also, "confidentially" means "in secret" :P

Ah, my bad, autocorrect. Should have been confidently.

#53 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

I have experienced all of those, excep the last one, but let me give my insight.

Impaired Hearing - Has little to do with your actual ears, more of a neurological effect. Your hearing isn't being harmed, but rather your brain is still acclimating to higher brainwave energy levels. This means that all of your other thoughts are going to be louder so to speak, or at least this was my experience. I have also experienced the hearing 'impairment' as a side effect of a lot of concentration meditation, it goes away with time.

Zero Sex Drive - I didn't really see this as a problem personally. I am plagued by uncontrollable sexual urges. I try to resist them as long as I can until I can't resist anymore. I resist because everytime I orgasm I lose energy for almost the entire rest of the day as well as having impaired thought processes. Though honestly these Gamma Treatments have severely lessened the frequency of my uncontrollable erotic thoughts, and honestly, it's a blessing. I feel like an addict almost when I can't fight off the thoughts. My body is physically addicted to orgasming I believe from over-masturbation as a teen(haha yeah laugh it up)

When many Spiritual Traditions say Sex lowers your vibrations, or it is a lower vibratory/primitive action, what this basically translates to is that sexual activity, urges, and impulses occur are lower brain-wave states. I have personally observed a direct correlation over the years between my state of arousal and my brainwave activity/brain function.

This can also be a reason why many autistic savants aren't big on interpersonal relationships, or sexual relationships. Their brainwaves tend to be very high.

Total insomnia- Simply don't listen too soon before bed. For me this took some tinkering to figure out how soon before bed I could listen to them without being kept up.

Nose pressure - No idea what caused that. My only theory is that more blood-flow to your brain = some being taken away from your nasal areas. Or it could be entirely unrelated, I am not sure.

What do you mean by high brainwaves? high frequencies? It occured to me with a very low frequency.
Well when I meant sex drive it was particularly the loss of erection, it was just impossible.
As for total insomnia, I did this early in the morning really and yet I didn't sleep at all, it could confirm the theory of that guy who broke the sleep deprivation record, he said in his book that "the left brain is a retarded version of the right brain" because that latter didn't need sleep.
Nose pressure was likely due to blood flow I guess, I could really feel it, it was okay the first day then the second day it was so intense and then it "exploded" and caused a runny nose attack. ugh.

Also another side effect I forgot to mention, it's a feeling of déjà-vu but only towards people, I would be walking in the streets and then see one of my friends walking by but then the person appears to not be my friend at all yet he looked exactly the same (facially). This has happened something like 10 times while on this state of consciousness.
All of this combined was at the same time scary but fascinating (and that's why I would like to reach that state again) as it looked surreal as if I was "out of the box" and looking the world under another perspective.

I tried the creative BWgen track today, didn't work much, maybe I should just buy some picamilon, apparently it seems that to reach meditating state you need to be in an extreme state of relaxation and this is probably what picamilon does to me.

#54 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

renfr,

That is interesting, though I'm afraid I do not have many theories about them. The deja-vu can sort of make sense, I mean, the brain is being toyed with in a sense. I think doing things while listening to the brainwave entrainment can have cause impartial entrainment, and could lead to negative side effects... or perhaps even listening to a frequencies too far from your current brainwave frequency. It would make sense that if your brainwaves as a whole try to make too big of a jump in a single go, there could be some sort of discontinuity in the entrainment.

I too have experienced the inability to get an erection, even if I decide to go watch porn, when I am in a very well entrained state. Though what is interesting is I also experience that exact effect when I am super focused meditative states(with no entrainment influence). It is as if I am so focused that I am not emotionally perturbed by things that I do not have an immediate interest in. It is as if the less interested I am in something while in these super focused states, the less it can effect me, even if I subject myself to it in a fashion that would normally effect me.

#55 RealBillPerry

• 10 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

Thought I'd weigh in on this a bit. I've been working with binaural, monaural and Isochronic entrainment since 1999 (just a feeble attempt at establishing credibility lol).

As fas as MP3s go, you really don't lose anything in terms of quality. The actual binaural effect isn't created in the audio itself, whether from bwgen, or one of the free software packages. I personally use SHARM, the Self-Hypnosis and Relaxation Machine (www.thesharm.com).

As far as gamma, I haven't messed much with it yet. The little bit I did do started back in my bwgen days. I don't really use bwgen anymore because it's basically gone unsupported for years now. Emails to the creator go unanswered (waiting for a response to my last one going on 3+ years and running).

Siro is correct in that music does have an effect on the binaurals. The thing with music is that it is loaded with MANY MANY different tones. And in this day, even if you play the exact same song into both sides of your headphones/earbuds, you'll get MANY spurious effects because ALL of those freqs are in each side, and they will all bounce off each other and create a lot of binaural effects, not to mention the same effect in each side of the brain from monaural beats in each audio channel.

That said, I use ambient music with the stuff I do, since SHARM provides royalty-free ambient music samples which are excellent. I have some stuff in my "experimental" section which use pure tones. That's stuff I really don't release for sale because I made it mainly for myself and my business partner to try out.

Siro, if you're planning to do serious gamma testing, I recommend setting a range, say between 40Hz and 80Hz...Do a preset in bwgen for each freq. Start at 40Hz, do 30 minutes of that, and log detailed effects. Try to get beyond just subjective "This is how I feel" journaling, because subjective effects are just one part of it. Quantify as best you can.

After 40, take a break for however long you need, and then do 41Hz. I think in going by 1Hz increments it'll make it take longer in the short term, but long term you'll have an excellent base to know which freqs work best for you and even know where to go so you can do micro-Hz trials such as starting at 45.1, then 45.1, and so on.

I'm working to put together a short 48Hz session on SHARM, and when I get done, I'll post a direct download link so anyone who wants can give it a go.
  • like x 2
  • Informative x 1

#56 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

Good post.

I have been experimenting with 50hz today. The effects seem to different from the 48 I used yesterday... but then again my sleep was poor last night and I have been in a partially sleep-deprived mindstate all day. I'll have to try again tomorrow once I am fully rested.

I honestly feel as If I have stayed up all night. I keep losing my train of thought yet I do not feel tired. So I have like the cognitive effects of sleep deprivation but none of the physical effects. It'll have been about 8 hours since I listened to my last session when I go to sleep tonight so lets hope I get some rest :p. I attribute the difference between the 48 and 50hz to my poor sleep than a subtle frequency difference. I just can't imagine how such a subtle change in frequency would provide such difference in effects. I guess I'll see tomorrow.

#57 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

I'm 10 minutes into my first attempt at BWE (in a long time) using the gamma range frequency. 48hz, using the frequencies 100hz(L) and 148hz®. 10 minutes in, I already feel substantially awake. One might suggest placebo effect, however it certainly feels real. I've never been one to experience much of a placebo effect. That said, I feel very, very alert and "on point." It feels pretty damn nice right now.

Edit: Very realistically, almost euphoria.

Edited by Rior, 02 February 2013 - 04:31 AM.

#58 Absent

• Topic Starter
  • 492 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

The Euphoria is a side effect of intense effortless concentration, as I've found. In deep states of concentration meditation the same euphoria happens almost automatically after a certain point, and your entire body begins to feel as if it is radiating with bliss. It doesn't surprise me that the same effect can be achieved with BWE if steady and powerful enough brainwaves are achieved.

#59 RealBillPerry

• 10 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

As promised, here is a quick no-frills gamma MP3 I put together using SHARM to target 48Hz. It's 10 minutes long. no music, I guess the only "frill" is there is a sort of bilateral "warble" effect to make the tones less "boring" but no music or noise covering the tones.

www.mindaudios.com/download?file=GammaForLC

For anyone who's willing to give it a shot, let me know what, if anything, you get from it.

Edit: Made the link clickable

Edited by RealBillPerry, 02 February 2013 - 06:51 AM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#60 alexburke

• 80 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

Hey I have emotiv epoc EEG device that meansures brainwaves and such.

I also have idosers gamma waves which are correctly made.

Ill be partisipating in on this..

I doser does a good explaination on why brainwaves work.

Edited by alexburke, 02 February 2013 - 06:54 AM.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: binaural, beats, amazing, increase, brain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users