* * * * * 9 votes

Anyone tried cannabidiol (CBD)?

cannabidiol cannabis cbd cb2

• Please log in to reply
409 replies to this topic

#271 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:13 AM

I've been considering making a CBD "e-juice" for use in electronic cigarette vaporizers. All it is, is propylene glycol and glycerine. It should have no smell or taste unless flavoring is added. This way you could use cbd in public, totally incognito. Plus it's a lot easier than using a regular weed vaporizer.

Many companies already offer CBD e-juices but I haven't seen a trend evolving on this, I think because 1. CBD is still too expensive to extract 2. therefore the CBD content usually is low 3. what they charge for it usually too high 4. the ones that are cheap I personally don't trust for their quality.

#272 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:25 AM

I've been considering making a CBD "e-juice" for use in electronic cigarette vaporizers. All it is, is propylene glycol and glycerine. It should have no smell or taste unless flavoring is added. This way you could use cbd in public, totally incognito. Plus it's a lot easier than using a regular weed vaporizer.

Many companies already offer CBD e-juices but I haven't seen a trend evolving on this, I think because 1. CBD is still too expensive to extract 2. therefore the CBD content usually is low 3. what they charge for it usually too high 4. the ones that are cheap I personally don't trust for their quality.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#273 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:29 AM

They can't be legit because they would still have thc in them and they couldn't legally do that. They must be making them with hemp somehow. Keep in mind that they cannot extract 100% cbd from weed yet. So anything legal is going to come from hemp.  I would never buy any, but I would make my own. Anything prepared already is going to be a rip off compared to buying the weed yourself. If you can't legally buy the weed then of course it's your only option.

#274 Virtual Reality

• 118 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:09 AM

I still have some high cbd weed laying around. Only works when I take small puffs though. Because there is the 3% thc, which I cant really tolerate.

I was wondering, what would happen if I eat it raw, or pour it in some juice. Supposedly it gets converted to CBDA and THCA.

Havent really digged into it, but what I have found is that it  wouldnt cause any psychoactive effects.

#275 nicklesprout

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:02 PM

what strain is it alex921? i'm wondering because THC completely makes me anxious and paranoid, but i would like to find a medicinal strain with mainly CBD in it that won't make me paranoid if there is still a little THC in it.

#276 Virtual Reality

• 118 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:52 PM

I have cbd medihaze, and cbd critical mass.

If your in the US, your probably better off to get the charlottes web strain. Havent found this strain in the netherlands yet, but you can order it online in the US, if you search good enough.

(they wont ship to my country unfortanetly)

#277 Virtual Reality

• 118 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:30 PM

.I've been considering making a CBD "e-juice" for use in electronic cigarette vaporizers. All it is, is propylene glycol and glycerine. It should have no smell or taste unless flavoring is added. This way you could use cbd in public, totally incognito. Plus it's a lot easier than using a regular weed vaporizer.

I smoke an ecig myself. would be really cool if you could adjust the temperatures on a ecigarrete. In theory if you would set the ecig to 160 degrees, it will get rid of the thc content, leaving you with pure cbd.

havent found a ecig which does this though. There are vaporizers available which already doing this, but they are expensive as hell. 

Edited by alex921, 20 March 2015 - 04:31 PM.

#278 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:54 PM

.I've been considering making a CBD "e-juice" for use in electronic cigarette vaporizers. All it is, is propylene glycol and glycerine. It should have no smell or taste unless flavoring is added. This way you could use cbd in public, totally incognito. Plus it's a lot easier than using a regular weed vaporizer.

I smoke an ecig myself. would be really cool if you could adjust the temperatures on a ecigarrete. In theory if you would set the ecig to 160 degrees, it will get rid of the thc content, leaving you with pure cbd.

havent found a ecig which does this though. There are vaporizers available which already doing this, but they are expensive as hell. 

a variable voltage battery will change the temperature but I don't see how you can selectively vape CBD. When you are decarboxylizing CBD rich weed, you do it at a higher temperature than thc and for longer. If you were to use one of the vaporizers that fill up the air bags, you could theoretically vape out the thc first and then be left with cbd, but that would be a huge PITA. Better to find a high cbd low thc strain to begin with.

#279 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:27 PM

Can someone recommend me a good quality pot/CBD e-cig (and atomizer) for a reasonable price?

(I'm familiar with e-cigs but totally new on this dry-content vaporizers)

#280 nicklesprout

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:59 PM

I just ordered this. Will be trying it on Tuesday. Will report back my findings.

I found this page that makes reviews of CBD oil and they also promote their own stuff, (lovecbd). I don't know if it's legit or if they are just a bunch of tactical scammers?

http://www.buycbdoil...06/what-is-cbd/

http://www.lovecbd.org/

#281 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:51 PM

Can someone recommend me a good quality pot/CBD e-cig (and atomizer) for a reasonable price?

(I'm familiar with e-cigs but totally new on this dry-content vaporizers)

There are no "ecig" type vapes for dry herb that actually work. There are some that burn the herb like the Seego, but they won't actually produce vapor. This is because the coils cannot get hot enough to produce a vapor without directly touching something. I even tried a small thin piece of glass between the coil and herb, and it didn't work. With any pen type e-cig you will have to use a liquid or "e-juice" to get the vapor.  I would suggest getting a more expensive and larger dry herb vape made for cannabis. Can't tell you which one, but you can find the popular ones on ebay. Also there is no thermostat on e-cigs so you have no idea what temp you are at. There is variable voltage but that doesn't give you temp. You may end up getting a vapor but not hot enough to activate the thc/cbd.

Oh, and I'd stay away from the "EZ-vape". It's cheap and it it can work to an extent but has major flaws:

*thermostat unreliable (end up burning the weed)

*continues to heat up the longer it's on regardless of temp setting (because thermostat is unreliable, and again easy to burn the weed)

Spend more on something good and reliable, where what temp you see is what temp you get, and you don't end up igniting the herb randomly. I wish I had.

Edited by Fletch, 22 March 2015 - 10:01 PM.

#282 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:38 PM

I just ordered this. Will be trying it on Tuesday. Will report back my findings.

I found this page that makes reviews of CBD oil and they also promote their own stuff, (lovecbd). I don't know if it's legit or if they are just a bunch of tactical scammers?

The 10ml bottle says it has 400mg CBD. 1 gram (1,000mg) of high CBD weed that is 10% CBD yields 100mg CBD. The average cost is $15-20/g (U.S.). So that is $15-20/100mg CBD.  You are paying 29.99 Euros ($32.56 U.S.). Assuming no shipping, that is $0.08/mg vs. $0.15 -$ 0.20/mg for the bud. That is actually a good deal if you're actually getting 400mg.  As far as dose goes, I would say that I use maybe 1/16-1/8/g per dose (few hits). That would be 6.25-12.5mg, which would equal 3-7 drops of oil.  Of course you can't compare smoking to oral consumption. I'm guessing you will probably need 4-5 times as much (12-35 drops) to get similar a similar effect. That is pure speculation though. The onset will be much slower and subtle compared to smoking or vaping.

#283 tjcbs

• 155 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:01 AM

The 10ml bottle says it has 400mg CBD. 1 gram (1,000mg) of high CBD weed that is 10% CBD yields 100mg CBD. The average cost is $15-20/g (U.S.). So that is $15-20/100mg CBD.  You are paying 29.99 Euros ($32.56 U.S.). Assuming no shipping, that is $0.08/mg vs. $0.15 -$ 0.20/mg for the bud. That is actually a good deal if you're actually getting 400mg.  As far as dose goes, I would say that I use maybe 1/16-1/8/g per dose (few hits). That would be 6.25-12.5mg, which would equal 3-7 drops of oil.  Of course you can't compare smoking to oral consumption. I'm guessing you will probably need 4-5 times as much (12-35 drops) to get similar a similar effect. That is pure speculation though. The onset will be much slower and subtle compared to smoking or vaping.

The percentage listed does *not* mean that 10% of the raw plant matter by weight is CBD. That wouldn't make any sense. I *think* the procedure is to extract the oil from the plant, and then compute the fraction of that oil by weight. If someone knows better please correct me. 

Of course, who can say how effective inhalation vs ingestion is for CBD. I suspect it is much more than 4-5 times as potent. 

#284 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:05 AM

I found cbd effects to be mixed via cbd 14(strain) I think mixing high potency indica cannabis flowers balance the overall effect.

#285 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:21 AM

The percentage listed does *not* mean that 10% of the raw plant matter by weight is CBD. That wouldn't make any sense. I *think* the procedure is to extract the oil from the plant, and then compute the fraction of that oil by weight. If someone knows better please correct me. 

Of course, who can say how effective inhalation vs ingestion is for CBD. I suspect it is much more than 4-5 times as potent. 

#286 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:29 AM

Ahhh ok that makes sense. I've never looked into how lab results are gathered. So that means my numbers are actually too high if it's not by plant weight. I think you're right about being much more than 4-5 times but I was being purposely optimistic as it is a guessing game anyway.

There's another factor or factors here beside CBD which may or may not be obvious. There are other cannabinoids, terpines, etc. in marijuana which will give each strain different net effects, as well as sativa vs. indica. My botany knowledge is next to zero. From personal experience two very close strains in CBD/THC % can have different effects on mood cognition.

#287 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:33 AM

I still have some high cbd weed laying around. Only works when I take small puffs though. Because there is the 3% thc, which I cant really tolerate.

I was wondering, what would happen if I eat it raw, or pour it in some juice. Supposedly it gets converted to CBDA and THCA.

Havent really digged into it, but what I have found is that it  wouldnt cause any psychoactive effects.

That's correct, it would do nothing. It needs to be heated to decarboxylate.

#288 tjcbs

• 155 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:39 AM

There's another factor or factors here beside CBD which may or may not be obvious. There are other cannabinoids, terpines, etc. in marijuana which will give each strain different net effects, as well as sativa vs. indica. My botany knowledge is next to zero. From personal experience two very close strains in CBD/THC % can have different effects on mood cognition.

This is true. Though I don't know how significant terpenes and the other cannabinoids are compared to the whopper of a confounding variable that is set and setting. With a drug whose main effect, at least in my experience, is to amplify one's pre-existing state of mind, the impact of set and setting cannot be overestimated. 

• Agree x 1

#289 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:50 AM

IME set and setting are less a factor (exponentially so) than THC. In fact I'd go so far as to say that high cbd strains with thc content of <1% allow for more tolerance of set and setting. I actually need more time to draw a conclusion as I haven' experimented with many different settings and CBD yet. It's anti-anxiety effect lends me to this observation so far though. Of course in a cognitively demanding setting the impairment with probably be anxiogenic. I dont know how much more so than a benzo would be. I believe a benzo would eliminate performance anxiety as it knocks out anxiety seemingly like a shotgun.

#290 tjcbs

• 155 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:56 AM

Oh, I agree, I was saying that IMO set and setting are much more important than terpene mixes and the minor cannabinoids (THCV, CBN). 

Over the next week I will have access to some high CBD strains, I'm looking forward to making a positive report here. I'm a bit dissapointed in your reports of cognitive impairment, especially since that really triggers anxiety in me as well (oh god, I can't think, I'm going to say something stupid, they will think I'm an *idiot*!) 

#291 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:20 PM

How did it go??

I have a lot of hopes for CBD, it's one of very few things to have an effect on my schizo symptoms.

I'm worried tolerance may develop though. Has anyone seen any reports from long-term users?

#292 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:24 PM

How did it go??

I have a lot of hopes for CBD, it's one of very few things to have an effect on my schizo symptoms.

I'm worried tolerance may develop though. Has anyone seen any reports from long-term users?

I'm waiting for better vapes to come out before I buy anything. There's one called grasshopper made by college engineers that's apparently the only real pen vape ever made. I don't wan't a huge tool lying around in my apartment so that's why I am waiting. The prototype is already out!

https://www.indiegog...opper-vaporizer

Because it's for medical administration I'm going to invest a little bit more on the stuff :-D

Meanwhile i'm going to order a big bag of tea! ;)

Edited by Leapmind, 24 March 2015 - 08:26 PM.

#293 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:25 PM

Can vaping be bad for you? I ask because a friend vaps and she has lost an alarming amount of memory

#294 Groundhog Day

• 94 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:23 AM

Is the Dixie product the best bet for US consumers? Looking to try CBD for anxiety and sleep issues and I'm not seeing many other options.

#295 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:45 PM

Can vaping be bad for you? I ask because a friend vaps and she has lost an alarming amount of memory

No!

What is she vaping?

#296 nicklesprout

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:32 PM

Haven't gotten it in yet.

Also I don't think tolerance can ever become too great. At least that was my experience as a habitual marijuana smoker in high school

How did it go??

I'm waiting for better vapes to come out before I buy anything. There's one called grasshopper made by college engineers that's apparently the only real pen vape ever made. I don't wan't a huge tool lying around in my apartment so that's why I am waiting. The prototype is already out!

https://www.indiegog...opper-vaporizer

Because it's for medical administration I'm going to invest a little bit more on the stuff :-D

Meanwhile i'm going to order a big bag of tea! ;)

#297 Awake4real

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:19 AM

I've been using CBD oil for 1 month for anxiety and PTSD. My results are positive though I'm still reading everything I can get my eyes on and looking for better products. One of the biggest challenges is calculating the actual amount of CBD that is an a particular product. The marketers often make it confusing or misleading. What I have been using is CBD oil from Hemp Health Technologies. I started with the recommended 3 drops, 3 times a day, under the tongue and hold for a minute before swallowing. The price ws $55 for a 2 ounce dropper bottle. Now it's $60. It has been working wonderfullly for me. My anxiety is greatly reduced, my mind is clearer and I'm able to string my thoughts together much more effectively, speak to groups of people with more ease than normal. Sleep is a bit spotty, but Ill figure that part out soon. I frst jumped on to this forum at the beginning and noticed someone saying that the CBD was making them sleepy. My undersatnding now is that they were likely taking too much. At low doses it makes you alert and lowers anxiety. At high doses it can have a sedative effect. That's why it's important to be clear about how much CBD is actually in the product, so you can accurately figure your dosage. Enough for now.

Edited by Awake4real, 28 March 2015 - 06:20 AM.

#298 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:04 AM

Actually, 20grams is like one small plant. Best would be to grow it in the garden if it's legal in your country. In mine you need a permit me thinks. Hemp seeds kan be ordered for minimum amount of sums. I think they sell it on amazon as an ingredient for baking by the lots, i.e whole bag of seeds. 

#299 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:16 AM

Is the Dixie product the best bet for US consumers? Looking to try CBD for anxiety and sleep issues and I'm not seeing many other options.

I think Dixie is overpriced crap. I posted a link to tea in this thread.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#300 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:08 AM

http://amsterdammari...ds.com/cbd-oils

Found another retailer, can't vouch for them tho!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannabidiol, cannabis, cbd, cb2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users