cannabidiol cannabis cbd cb2

• Please log in to reply
409 replies to this topic

#31 n95

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for updating mastermind57 :)
Well I suppose it needn't be continuously profound, but it could most definitely serve as an adjunct with other subtle anxiolytics. Perhaps combined with L-Theanine it could prove a useful regimen for some.

jerichodotm:
Curious to read about your experience as well.

n95: How's the synthesis coming along?

The synthesis isn't actually going at all at the moment. I'm currently in the process of gathering data on the potential long term benefits, which would justify entire venture.

#32 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Well I suppose it needn't be continuously profound, but it could most definitely serve as an adjunct with other subtle anxiolytics. Perhaps combined with L-Theanine it could prove a useful regimen for some.

jerichodotm:

The synthesis isn't actually going at all at the moment. I'm currently in the process of gathering data on the potential long term benefits, which would justify entire venture.

i think it much more easier growing a high cbd specie (cannatonic, janita la lagrimosa, cb crew...) and then extracting CBD than synthesize it
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#33 n95

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

jerichodotm:

i think it much more easier growing a high cbd specie (cannatonic, janita la lagrimosa, cb crew...) and then extracting CBD than synthesize it

Yeah it's easier, though it's not as legal :)

#34 YimYam

• 135 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Does anyone know for sure if this is legal in the UK?

JD

#35 jerichodotm

• 35 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

As promised here is my review.

I have been using the product twice per day for 4 days. I put about a half of the dropper on my tongue and try to keep it there for about 60 seconds before swallowing. At times, I think I might be less anxious then at other times I don't think it's doing anything.

Does CBD take time to build up and stark working unlike THC? If this is the case, I'll order a second bottle and give this a full 2 months rather than just 1 if nothing it noticeable.
  • like x 1

#36 NFP

• 46 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

It seems im developing a strong tolerance to cdb. Ive had no noticeable effect with my usual 15 drop dose the last 3 times i took them..

#37 NootropicDiscovery

• 31 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

What might help for anxiety based disorder...

The weed called : Jack Herrer. ( it works for me when I have anxiety)
And correct me if I´m woring but in holland we have "hash" don´t know
the correct English word for it. But it contains far more CBD. Also if you
grow marijuna yourself you will get weed with far more CBD than those
in the coffeeshops.

The reason ? Because CBD develops in the last stage of the grow of the
weed plant, and because growers want to make money and time is money
they cut the plant earlier. 1, they make faster money, 2, because CBD is the
anti-dote for thc, leaving it out will cause a stronger high which results in people
finding the weed stronger ( and be willing to pay more ).

#38 simonpc123

• 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Great thread. I've been looking into this myself as I've suffered with mania, depression, suicidal tendencies for years. Please keep your diary entries coming. Thanks loads.

#39 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

As promised here is my review.

I have been using the product twice per day for 4 days. I put about a half of the dropper on my tongue and try to keep it there for about 60 seconds before swallowing. At times, I think I might be less anxious then at other times I don't think it's doing anything.

Does CBD take time to build up and stark working unlike THC? If this is the case, I'll order a second bottle and give this a full 2 months rather than just 1 if nothing it noticeable.

if you bought it from dixie i can tell you that the dose you take are too low

#40 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

I found this sttudy so funny:

Impact of cannabidiol on the acute memory and psychotomimetic effects of smoked cannabis: naturalistic study: naturalistic study [corrected].

Morgan CJ, Schafer G, Freeman TP, Curran HV.

Source

Clinical Psychopharmacology Unit, University College London, Gower St, London WC1E 6BT, UK.
Erratum in

• Br J Psychiatry. 2010 Nov;197:416.

Abstract

BACKGROUND:

The two main constituents of cannabis, cannabidiol and Δ(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), have opposing effects both pharmacologically and behaviourally when administered in the laboratory. Street cannabis is known to contain varying levels of each cannabinoid.
AIMS:

To study how the varying levels of cannabidiol and THC have an impact on the acute effects of the drug in naturalistic settings.
METHOD:

Cannabis users (n = 134) were tested 7 days apart on measures of memory and psychotomimetic symptoms, once while they were drug free and once while acutely intoxicated by their own chosen smoked cannabis. Using an unprecedented methodology, a sample of cannabis (as well as saliva) was collected from each user and analysed for levels of cannabinoids. On the basis of highest and lowest cannabidiol content of cannabis, two groups of individuals were directly compared.
RESULTS:

Groups did not differ in the THC content of the cannabis they smoked. Unlike the marked impairment in prose recall of individuals who smoked cannabis low in cannabidiol, participants smoking cannabis high in cannabidiol showed no memory impairment. Cannabidiol content did not affect psychotomimetic symptoms, which were elevated in both groups when intoxicated.
CONCLUSIONS:

The antagonistic effects of cannabidiol at the CB(1) receptor are probably responsible for its profile in smoked cannabis, attenuating the memory-impairing effects of THC. In terms of harm reduction, users should be made aware of the higher risk of memory impairment associated with smoking low-cannabidiol strains of cannabis like 'skunk' and encouraged to use strains containing higher levels of cannabidiol.

Smoke more weed that contains CBD!
  • like x 2

#41 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

jerichodotm:

Nope if there will be strains with almost no THC. As Avidekel from Tikkun Olam evidences 1%THC and 16%CBD and some crossings of Lagrimosa with pure Afghan showed 0.3%THC with 17% CBD.. it wont take much time before discovering some strain with pure CBD content :)
  • Agree x 1

#42 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

How about those hemp seeds or the kind of hemp oil you can buy from ordinary health shops? Would these contain any significant amounts of CBD?

#43 n95

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

How about those hemp seeds or the kind of hemp oil you can buy from ordinary health shops? Would these contain any significant amounts of CBD?

No, apparently CBD is present only in trace amounts (not more than 10 mg/kg - roughly 10 ppm) in hemp seed oil.

http://www.davoil.ro...e-nutrition.pdf

#44 n95

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

jerichodotm:

Nope if there will be strains with almost no THC. As Avidekel from Tikkun Olam evidences 1%THC and 16%CBD and some crossings of Lagrimosa with pure Afghan showed 0.3%THC with 17% CBD.. it wont take much time before discovering some strain with pure CBD content :)

I'm not saying it won't be legal to grow and extract, I'm saying it isn't. :)

#45 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

jerichodotm:

yeah, we should pursue growing low THC/ high CBD plants (although its unpopular amongst kids)
I am not knowledgeable about industrial hemp, there should be plants with CBD content as high as 5% of weight but I am really not sure about its extraction process, if it can be done keeping low costs then it should be possible to extract large amounts of pure CBD. Dont know where is the issue with this.

Pure CBD isnt available on alibaba or other marketplaces and medical grade cannabidiol is way too costly so theres probably some issues with whole process of extraction. The only simple process I looked for was through evaporating THC at lower temperature and then the rest of the plant is just CBD (if the strain got enough of it),.. but how to get liquid CBD extract?

#46 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

jerichodotm:

yeah, we should pursue growing low THC/ high CBD plants (although its unpopular amongst kids)
I am not knowledgeable about industrial hemp, there should be plants with CBD content as high as 5% of weight but I am really not sure about its extraction process, if it can be done keeping low costs then it should be possible to extract large amounts of pure CBD. Dont know where is the issue with this.

Pure CBD isnt available on alibaba or other marketplaces and medical grade cannabidiol is way too costly so theres probably some issues with whole process of extraction. The only simple process I looked for was through evaporating THC at lower temperature and then the rest of the plant is just CBD (if the strain got enough of it),.. but how to get liquid CBD extract?

Medical grade CBD is costly not because of the extraction process but because it is extracted from hemp which contain only trace amount of CBD so you need tons of hemp to get some CBD

there is a patent about CBD extraction from marijuana, after a quick read it seem relatively easy to extract Pure CBD (99,9%) from the plant

you need Dry Ice to get the crude extract from the plant then ethanol to get THC and CBD from the extract and finally Pentane to get pure CBD (but you can use another non polar solvent )

pure cbd is a crystaline powder

Edited by hadora, 12 April 2013 - 11:56 PM.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#47 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

http://dixiebotanica...p-oil-capsules/
50mg for $22
I think 50 is a good dosage considering 50mg of THC is a good dose.
It says it blocks some effects of thc but enhances others.

#48 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

for those who want the patent about cbd extraction
here it is
http://www.freepaten...20060167283.pdf

[0023] The process of the invention involves obtaining a cannabidiol-containing extract from a plant material, dissolving the extract in a sovent to form a solution, removing insoluble material from this solution (preferably by filtration) and evaporating the solven from the solution (for example by rotary evaporation) to obtain substantially pure cannabidiol
[0024] in a preferred embodiment substantially pure cannabidiol is obtained in crystalline form.
[0026] The method of the invention may be used to prepare substantially pure cannabidiol from any plant material know to contain cannabidiol (CBD), or the corresponding cannabinoid acid (CBDA). Most typically, but not necessarily, the "plant material" will be derived from one or more cannabis plants.

• like x 1

#49 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

Saved that file for if I ever retrieve my cognition.
Thanks for sharing!

Regarding Dixie Botanicals: What was it? 2 months ago, maybe more now, that the website stated international shipment would be available soon?
Empty promises! Still only available in US and Canada.

Sadly, people are uninformed, and only want THC. Thus marketing CBD is marginally effective.
Too bad, would have been a nice idea, especially in Holland.

Any updates on effects people? :)

#50 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

Sadly, people are uninformed, and only want THC. Thus marketing CBD is marginally effective.
Too bad, would have been a nice idea, especially in Holland.

Any updates on effects people? :)

the reason behind this is that pothead are too scared that the government legalize CBD because it has almost all the benefits of cannabis without the psychoactivity of thc and permanently ban their lovely "therapeutic" THC ( and let's talk truth by therapeutic cannabis we all know that it's mean gettin high legally ) so their don't make effort to breed high CBD strains and continue to spread misinformation about cbd ex; CBD is inactive, cbd doesn't have therapeutic potential without THC, CBD is weak, CBD can't get extracted, cbd have limited therapeutic value etc...
they blame governments for spreading propaganda about cannabis yet they act exactly like them to protect their precious legal high..hum sorry i mean medicinal cannabis
it's pathetic
thankfully they are more and more people aware of it huge benefits and superiority over THC in treating the same illness

Saved that file for if I ever retrieve my cognition.
Thanks for sharing!

the extraction doesn't appear to be difficult to do, as far as i'm aware you only need to heat your cannabis to make it active (cbda to CBD ), then make a crude extract with liquid co2, then extracting cannabinoids with ethanol then use pentane or another non polar solvent to extract pure crystaline CBD

Edited by hadora, 08 May 2013 - 12:44 AM.

• like x 1

#51 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

I couldn't agree more. Widespread misinformation is such a disappointing feature of mankind.

Regarding synthesis.. I didn't even finish highschool. Enough said :laugh:
But if I do regain decent cognition, chemistry will be one of the many things I'll be studying.
Alternative medicine/therapy has my interest (the effective category), so who knows, I might be working with CBD in the future.
There's too little study focussed on it, as with many other cheap effective therapies.

#52 NFP

• 46 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

ive given it to my girlfriend to help her during her time of the month, it helped her immensely she became super relaxed and fell asleep. i do think its effective at reducing anxiety but more so because its sedating than anything else. i dont see it being very useful if you plan on being productive.. its a marijuana high without all the giggles.
  • Agree x 1

#53 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

That's what I thought: something to take whilst relaxing on the porch, or at the beach. Certainly not for destressing on the job, unless you have.. well.. a cool job or something :)
Haha sometimes I have these ideas of opening this ghetto pharmacy like in How High (I think it was How High), but then with stuff that's safe and effective.
I'll refrain from that.

#54 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

ive given it to my girlfriend to help her during her time of the month, it helped her immensely she became super relaxed and fell asleep. i do think its effective at reducing anxiety but more so because its sedating than anything else. i dont see it being very useful if you plan on being productive.. its a marijuana high without all the giggles.

i don't think your cannabidiol was pure because pure cannabidiol don't have a high at all, you can function normaly et be productive, from what i heard it's sedating at big dose and stimulating at small dose
its anxiolytic effects don't come from it's sedating effect
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23298518
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22979992

Edited by hadora, 09 May 2013 - 07:41 AM.

#55 nakana

• 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

Back to experiences. I have been an avid user of Dixie's dew drops for 8 months. I take a half dropper of the 500mg formula twice a day.

It drives me crazy to hear people lazily describing CBD as "like pot but less so" or saying "you need to use half a bottle to achieve anything". It's true that many studies look at acute does measured in mg/kg. That doesn't mean it's required to achieve any effect. And as for the association with the effect of pot - that's probably just plain lazy and wishful thinking. In reality these users want to try CBD during times that are safe. They have no where to go, and nothing to do. So of course it's relaxing. They're probably listening to music and kicking back on their day off.

What I've found is that at low (half dropper) doses I am stimulated by CBD. If I take it before bed I won't be able to sleep well. If I take it in the morning I'm not mellow at all. I kick my morning in the ass then I take another half dropper at lunch to fuel more ass kicking after lunch. That said what I notice is that I am less sensitive to stimulus. Things that would exhaust me are less stressful. My heart doesn't race before answering a client phone call. The immensity of work before me isn't invading my sense of peace - instead I tap into the work I can do. I play the hand I'm dealt. I don't forget anything mind you, but I feel free not to worry about it.

I find communicating with other people to be much less irritating. Without CBD I often truncated my spoken thoughts because I don't enjoy talking or listening. I find the process is a bit overwhelming at times. Especially with people I don't know very well.

Now that I've said my schtick I'll confess that if you're not naturally on edge, anxious or irritable it might dull you a bit. But for me it takes me from hypersensitivity to regular sensitivity, and I love it. Worth every penny - it belongs right next to your multivitamin jar.
  • like x 5
  • Agree x 1

#56 NFP

• 46 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

well in my personal experience i have fallen asleep countless times while on cbd. i agree and am also less sensitive to stimulus when i take cbd but i dont find that as a good thing in the workplace. i work better when im a little anxious than relaxed. i find it does dull me a bit and , so it isnt very helpful when trying to make a good impression on a woman or client imo.

#57 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

Sounds like it has variable effects on different individuals like all cannabinoids, Anyone know if the dixie dew drops are prescription only? can i order them here in canada ? I have been a big supporter of cbd ever since i read the public speaking study a while ago. I figure i should probably try it before i say anything more. I am not aware of any other substance that showed such potent effects in a double blind pc study .... if this substance was patentable it would be on the market by now im sure.

#58 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Prescription free, available in Canada. Cheers.

#59 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Back to experiences. I have been an avid user of Dixie's dew drops for 8 months. I take a half dropper of the 500mg formula twice a day.

It drives me crazy to hear people lazily describing CBD as "like pot but less so" or saying "you need to use half a bottle to achieve anything". It's true that many studies look at acute does measured in mg/kg. That doesn't mean it's required to achieve any effect. And as for the association with the effect of pot - that's probably just plain lazy and wishful thinking. In reality these users want to try CBD during times that are safe. They have no where to go, and nothing to do. So of course it's relaxing. They're probably listening to music and kicking back on their day off.

What I've found is that at low (half dropper) doses I am stimulated by CBD. If I take it before bed I won't be able to sleep well. If I take it in the morning I'm not mellow at all. I kick my morning in the ass then I take another half dropper at lunch to fuel more ass kicking after lunch. That said what I notice is that I am less sensitive to stimulus. Things that would exhaust me are less stressful. My heart doesn't race before answering a client phone call. The immensity of work before me isn't invading my sense of peace - instead I tap into the work I can do. I play the hand I'm dealt. I don't forget anything mind you, but I feel free not to worry about it.

I find communicating with other people to be much less irritating. Without CBD I often truncated my spoken thoughts because I don't enjoy talking or listening. I find the process is a bit overwhelming at times. Especially with people I don't know very well.

Now that I've said my schtick I'll confess that if you're not naturally on edge, anxious or irritable it might dull you a bit. But for me it takes me from hypersensitivity to regular sensitivity, and I love it. Worth every penny - it belongs right next to your multivitamin jar.

Whoa that sounds great!! No sign of tolerance? Any annoying side-effects?
I'm thinking of getting some industrial hemp and make resin from it.. Hopefully there should be enough CBD

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#60 nakana

• 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

Whoa that sounds great!! No sign of tolerance? Any annoying side-effects?
I'm thinking of getting some industrial hemp and make resin from it.. Hopefully there should be enough CBD

I've only been taking the half dropper twice a day for less than a month, so not enough time to decide if tolerance will develop. I hadn't noticed a tolerance when I took it once a day though, and I didn't bump up to twice a day to compensate for tolerance.

Personally no side effects. I have noticed that I've had more perfect bowel movements than ever before in my life. (Unbroken delivery, no wipe needed) but that's more of a bonus than a side effect :)

I don't know anything about resin, but more power to you. Certainly might save you some money...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannabidiol, cannabis, cbd, cb2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users