LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How often to use phenibut?

phenibut anxiety sedative tolerance dependence addiction

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: How often to use phenibut? (76 member(s) have cast votes)

How often should people use phenibut in order to avoid dependence?

1. More often than daily (3 votes [3.95%])

Percentage of vote: 3.95%

2. Daily (7 votes [9.21%])

Percentage of vote: 9.21%

3. Every other day (4 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

4. 2-4 times per week (9 votes [11.84%])

Percentage of vote: 11.84%

5. Once per week (35 votes [46.05%])

Percentage of vote: 46.05%

6. Less than once per week (please specify) (18 votes [23.68%])

Percentage of vote: 23.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 brainslugged

• 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

In your experience, what is the optimal usage pattern of phenibut while avoiding dependence and tolerance, assuming that the person does not become psychologically addicted or compulsively redose?

#2 Unstoppable

• 31 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

My first post here, anyways, I suggest you take phenibut 2 times per week max, up to a maximum dosage of 2-3 grams. Best would be to leave 2-3 days in between of usage. As it has a long half life (+-5 hours) taking this supplement everyday will eventually downgrade your gaba-b receptors so long you will get anxiety issues and/or insomnia. Which can lead to a serious addiction.

Phenibut is a very nice OTC anti anxiety product, but please dont use it if you know you won't be able to keep your use to a grade where tolerance/withdrawls are non-existant/minimal.
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 brainslugged

• Topic Starter
  • 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

My first post here, anyways, I suggest you take phenibut 2 times per week max, up to a maximum dosage of 2-3 grams. Best would be to leave 2-3 days in between of usage. As it has a long half life (+-5 hours) taking this supplement everyday will eventually downgrade your gaba-b receptors so long you will get anxiety issues and/or insomnia. Which can lead to a serious addiction.

Phenibut is a very nice OTC anti anxiety product, but please dont use it if you know you won't be able to keep your use to a grade where tolerance/withdrawls are non-existant/minimal.

Okay, thanks for the information and advice. :) It looks like 1-2 times/week is about right for now.

I have family to monitor and help me control my usage. I have heard a lot of bad stories about people getting trapped in misuse, and about how tolerance builds so quickly. I was thinking about using it MWF on class days, but I think I will just use it on M or M and F.

More responses are welcome! I hear a lot of warnings on the interent, but rarely advice for responsible use, and, with it being a GABA-B supplement, I think it could maybe be really helpful as a situational anxiety relief.

As the example for what I am planning to use it for, I have to have my programs critiqued after I write them. I have all of them written, but I get too nervous to ask the professor to critique them, so I figure phenibut could be useful for that sort of thing, where you just need relief for an intense situation.

It seems to be used fairly commonly in Russia, so it would be great if we could provide responsible use pattern.

Oh, and dosage information is also helpful, if you find that you have a good idea for dosage other than the norm, such as lower doses that alter usage schedule. I would love to hear more!

#4 ironranger

• 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

I have tried Phenibut a few times, absolutely loved the effect.
Downside was the second time I tried it. The next few days I felt quite down, I got into a few conflicts with people at work. I over reacted to certain situations. I dont know if this is a normal side effect for Phenibut, but dont think I will try it again because of this.
  • Agree x 1

#5 jadamgo

• 701 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

In my experience, tolerance develops very rapidly and decreases very slowly. I think you should allow a minimum of 7 days in between each dose. There's a good reason for all the warnings about phenibut.
  • Agree x 4

#6 hypnotik

• 14 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

Once a week, every Friday for me. Everyone at work is in a good mood on Friday, and that's why I take it. No exceptions.

I don't use it to study, concentrate, focus, or anything like that. Only to have a nice time with the buzz. Then I'll have a beer or two that night to relax and chill. The phenibut seems like it doubles the alcohol strength.

#7 bestbefore

• 48 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

I've been using it for 3+ years now and trust me, once a week max!

#8 uubiduu

• 11 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

I almost notice anything from phenibut and dont know why. Perhaps my expectations are too high? Tried two different suppliers and went up to 1.5g. Couldnt even imagine how this stuff should be addictive when i barely feel anything from it. Should i up my dosage to 2g?

#9 Dakman

• 271 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:07 AM

Try 3-5gms, should notice something from that, phenibut is one thing that will really kick in with higher doses.

#10 Sunwind

• 103 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

I find phenibut amazing in combination with armodafinil. 4g max phenibut, 450mg max armodafinil, any more with either and I get nausea and vomiting. 4g is sometimes even pushing it, too, but sometimes it seems my body can cope with it.

It gives me great confidence, anxiety-free, and puts me sometimes in a hypomanic state for the day.

I have to be very careful not to use it more than twice per week, and even that is risky, because I've gone through withdrawal from just using that amount twice now. I didn't taper, and it took about a week to go away. Best way to describe the withdrawal is a feeling of primal fear, it's horrible.

It's a great substance, but I've learned the hard way to respect it.

#11 Pallas

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:00 AM

I used this bad boy 1's a week at dose of 1g before sleep. I wake up feeling the chill calmness effect, super well rested. It fixed my insomnia.

I took 1g during the morning for the first time yesterday and I am still feeling a bit hazy 1 day later. Social interaction was easy, my libido came back, and my pre-exam anxiety is 0. However I did a Dual N back session and my score halved. I also noticed I made a lot more silly mistakes in practice tests, and generally my motivation is still there, however It seems like without the stress/anxiety I usually have, I don't tackle the work in a 100% focused manner. 

I was going to dose this before exam days as I usually have trouble sleeping then, but I might just risk insomnia or use melatonin instead. this is a miracle drug for anxiety, but it comes it does seem to make me dumb. Hopefully I don't have any rebound anxiety or my memory becomes retarded. 

I think I have to lower the dose to 750 and use only 1's every 2 weeks. My tolerance seems fine, but It worries me that my memory is getting a bit fucked up

• like x 1

#12 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:49 PM

Just to add another anecdotal report with a few less common combinations -

I use phenibut 2 times a week as well atm, maximum dosage being 2.5g/day ( 1,5g early in the day, +1g later in the day). I've been doing this for a few weeks now, and haven't had any withdrawl issues - though it should be mentioned, that I use a lot of other substances in cycles that could be responsible for preventing that, like Aswagandha, Taurine, Nicotine, Tianeptine a.o. .

Tolerance hasn't been an issue (yet) either.

Now for the combinations;
I've used phenibut succesfully in combination with

Tianeptine

Nicotine patches

MPA (RC - Stim)

Caffeine

There didn't seem to be any negative interactions with these, some nice positives even.

Hope this is some usefull information for others.

#13 UKLAD

• 78 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:52 PM

every 9 days is the most frequent i can take ph without sides

#14 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:14 PM

I depends on if I'm drinking alcohol or not, I go off booze for 90 day periods and I usually increase my Phenibut intake during these periods to 2-3 times a week, since I take it as a social lubricant, not to treat anxiety.Any more than 3 a week and I run into a tolerance curve of the stuff.

If I'm drinking socially then it's maybe once a week. My review here goes more in depth on the social effects of it...

#15 MangekyōPeter

• 171 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:20 PM

I, too, have been continuously taking 2-3g Phenibut doses once every three days.

No notable tolerance build-up following this spacing, also, when I've rune out of Phenibut I haven't experienced any notable withdrawal effects.

But I can easily see how taking it, even, every other day may start to pose serious problems in the long-term.

#16 Wingless

• 107 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:09 AM

Play around with it yourself and figure out how much to take and how often.

I only take it once or twice a month, in doses around 3g.

I notice a severe depression that lasts for 3-4 days afterwards, which is why I rarely use it. In my experience phenibut feels like it is more of a dopaminergic substance than a GABAergic, so maybe my case is unusual.

Were it not for these symptoms I would probably take it once a week.

Edited by Wingless, 24 September 2015 - 03:13 AM.

#17 baccheion

• 154 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:06 PM

Most say once or twice per week. Also, taking with fasoracetam or memantine can help with tolerance issues.

#18 AOLministrator

• 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:45 AM

The question is nonsense.

The primary action of this drug is mediated by GABA receptors. That means that you will build tolerance at any usage pattern, hence you will be "dependent" on it no matter how often you take it, as long as you continue to. Receptors do no linearly regulate up and down, but over a function of exponential growth or shrinkage.

Secondly, no word about dosage in the poll. Which adds to the nonsense that the original study that claims phenibut to be nootropic, did so only in miniscule amounts (daily iirc). Probably 10%, 5% or even less than what 95% of people use who report of phenibut online.

Gents, 1-4g of phenibut is a recreational dose, e.g. for a party. Much like taking 100-200mg baclofen, or 2g GHB. Its just that, non-therapeutic.

If you want to chill out on benzos, that's fine. But don't make it look like legitimate use.

Edited by Aolministrator, 22 February 2017 - 12:58 AM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#19 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:20 AM

Just started on it, took 500 mg the first night and 1 gram the next night. Very interesting medicine, got rid of my anxiety completely but didn't feel drugged, just felt normal. I've heard take 1 gram 2-3 days per week. I am going to go back to 500 mg though I think because I felt the same as I did on 1 g, it lasts about 6 hours. I would recommend 2 days per week and Picamilon on your off days if you are using it for anxiety. You might want to combine the Picamilon with something else, I've been looking into Baicalin. In my opinion Phenibut is better than Xanax and the others as you keep your focus for it was made for astronauts. So in my opinion the American citizens are getting screwed by big pharma which is probably trying to make it illegal to keep making profits on other drugs, I'm pretty sure you can't sell it in America in terms of production, same with Picamilon which is even safer. 

Edited by Jiminy Glick, 02 April 2017 - 09:45 AM.

#20 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:13 PM

half as often as you use alcholol, so i would keep it to under 12 a day

#21 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:57 PM

You should have added "Never" as an option on that poll.

#22 Charles Thompson

• 67 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:22 PM

I’d say that for sleep once per week and for other purposes find a different option due to issues with phenibut.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#23 Bushi84

• 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:58 PM

Normally am 2 days on and 2 days off. I've run out of phenibut now, so am 5 days off and don't feel any withdrawal or so. 

I mainly use it to get better sleep, since I have trouble sleeping for a normal period of 7-8 hours. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phenibut, anxiety, sedative, tolerance, dependence, addiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users