Two more rats from Brazil

c60 experiment health

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Gilliard Vasconcelos

• 7 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

Hello everybody,

Encouraged by the statements that I saw on the internet and my old father entered into the select group of lab rats :)

Rat 01-29 years - 65kg - 1.76 meters tall
- medications:
sertraline 50mg
atenolol 25mg

- conditions:
Panic controlled
Mild depression.
Small birth condition in mitral valve (triggering the two conditions above)
Light Allergy.

Rat 02-84 years - 60kg - 1.59 meters tall
- medications:
Levoid 50mg
Ginkgo Biloba (exporádico)

- conditions:
labyrinthitis
hypothyroidism
Changes in the liver (increased size, vulnerable to some foods, cause unknown).
Index blood sugar high, almost diabetic. But do not take insulin.
Osteoporosis
High cholesterol
Allergies.

Well, we started using yesterday (3/19/2013) with two drops of C60oo (99.95%) purchased from Vaughter Wellness.

At first felt in the following hours a mild state of lethargy that led me to bed earlier. The next morning I woke up with a seemingly noticeable mental activity but nothing physically different.
My father felt nothing during the evening. But in the end of next day he realized that his day was slightly more active and better somehow (mentally and physically).

We intend to take 4 drops (2 morning and 2 in the afternoon) in the first 7 days. After drops down to 2 drops per day and finally in the third week one drop per day. Maybe we will choose to take a single weekly dose.

I intend to post significant changes that I notice. Sorry for Googled English :)
Thank you all!

Edited by Gilliard Vasconcelos, 21 March 2013 - 12:24 AM.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

Welcome to Longecity, Gilliard! I hope that you and your dad have a good experience. When you say that you took 2 drops, do you mean "drops", or droppers-full? I think the dropper is about 1 cc, and one drop is probably about 0,05 cc. Feeling tired is a normal response the first time you use c60, but it probably won't happen again. A lot of people see this.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 AdamI

• 221 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

I take 2 whole full from that pipett that comes with Vaughter wellness. Soo 4 drops seems like a low dose. Been doing that since september...

#4 Gilliard Vasconcelos

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

Wow, so even at this low dose ever given to feel some effects, maybe even be placebo. I will increase the dosage to 20 drops. Thanks!

#5 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

It's all placebo to me. I take 6-9 droppers full/day and notice no effects. YMMV, apparently.

#6 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

Rat # 2 needs some serious interventions other than C60 given what you posted IMO .
Regarding elevated blood sugar...give him 400 mcg of chromium . Maybe metformin.
Osteoporosis? Consider magnesium and vitamin K2
Lastly, if my dad had an enlarged liver, I would give him 1800 mg of PPC , ( phosphytidyl choline) and 500 mg of silymarin...twice a day
Regarding C 60...I take one dropper full...8mg once a day. One week on,one week off.
I felt nothing until I began taking it In the morning with a higher fat diet...now i can feel a difference , especially when I exercise/ work out.
Now I am hesitant to take a week off!

#7 Gilliard Vasconcelos

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

It's all placebo to me. I take 6-9 droppers full/day and notice no effects. YMMV, apparently.

It is probably placebo effect then.

Rat # 2 needs some serious interventions other than C60 given what you posted IMO .
Regarding elevated blood sugar...give him 400 mcg of chromium . Maybe metformin.
Osteoporosis? Consider magnesium and vitamin K2
Lastly, if my dad had an enlarged liver, I would give him 1800 mg of PPC , ( phosphytidyl choline) and 500 mg of silymarin...twice a day
Regarding C 60...I take one dropper full...8mg once a day. One week on,one week off.
I felt nothing until I began taking it In the morning with a higher fat diet...now i can feel a difference , especially when I exercise/ work out.
Now I am hesitant to take a week off!

Thank you very much for the indications! He actually take a mix of supplements ( silymarin 200mg / n-acetyl cysteine 100mg / methionine 100mg / taurine 100mg and b15 vitamin) two doses a day. I will consider chromium, magnesium, vitamin K2, phosphytidyl choline as you suggested.
About higher fat breakfast, it's a interesting association, worth trying.

#8 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

For your dad with his osteoporosis he might also consider D3 and icariin. The D3 is synergistic with the magnesium and K2. Icariin has been showing up as effective in Chinese studies but there may be a female gender bias on that... I'm not sure.

Howard

Edited by hav, 05 April 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#9 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

http://www.lef.org/p...rthritis_08.htm

Joint Structure Support Nutrients To Ease Inflammation
  • Fish oil (with olive polyphenols): providing 1400 mg EPA and 1000 mg DHA daily
  • Curcumin (as highly absorbed BCM-95®): 400 – 800 mg daily
  • Boswellia serrata (as highly absorbable AprèsFlex™): 100 mg daily
  • Korean angelica extract (as Decursinol-50™): 200 mg daily
  • Krill oil (blended with astaxanthin and sodium hyaluronate): 350 mg daily Ginger, standardized extract: 150 – 300 mg daily
  • Undenatured type-II collagen (UC-II®): 10 mg daily
  • Bromelain (enteric coated): 500 – 1000 mg daily
  • Soy and Avocado unsaponifiables: Per label instructions
  • Vitamin D: 5000 – 8000 IU daily; depending upon blood levels of 25-OH-vitamin
AntioxidantsAdditional Support Welcome to the club!

#10 Gilliard Vasconcelos

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

Hav and Logic, Thanks!

#11 Gilliard Vasconcelos

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

I forgot to say a condition of my father who has long been a mystery. Platelets my dad are constantly low (114,000 of 150,000 ~ 450,000).
Do any of you have any suggestions on how to reverse it? The many years he has this condition with no signs of bleeding or red spots. Doctors are always intrigued by it.
Anyone have any suggestions that can reverse this? Thanks!

#12 AdamI

• 221 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

I forgot to say a condition of my father who has long been a mystery. Platelets my dad are constantly low (114,000 of 150,000 ~ 450,000).
Do any of you have any suggestions on how to reverse it? The many years he has this condition with no signs of bleeding or red spots. Doctors are always intrigued by it.
Anyone have any suggestions that can reverse this? Thanks!

Does ur father have mediterranean genes? And has he always been very tired compare to other people?

#13 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Gilliard, how are you and your father feeling as far as c60 goes? Anything new to report? I like Actonel for osteopenia/osteoporosis. It's a pharmaceutical, but it works great, has essentially no side effects, and significantly extends life by an unknown mechanism that is separate from bone health. Rare osteonecrotic effects occur primarily in cancer patients or people undergoing very invasive dental work, but have been widely hyped on the internet. I've been using it for years.

#14 Gilliard Vasconcelos

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

Does ur father have mediterranean genes? And has he always been very tired compare to other people?

Hello Adaml,

My father has a portuguese descendance, and he sleep very well i can say haha, but i cannot blame this condition, i think. He had an poisoning episode in the past (40 years ago) i think maybe there are a connection. I don't know..

Gilliard, how are you and your father feeling as far as c60 goes? Anything new to report? I like Actonel for osteopenia/osteoporosis. It's a pharmaceutical, but it works great, has essentially no side effects, and significantly extends life by an unknown mechanism that is separate from bone health. Rare osteonecrotic effects occur primarily in cancer patients or people undergoing very invasive dental work, but have been widely hyped on the internet. I've been using it for years.

Hi Niner, until now I dont feel any noticeable effects of c60. My father felt more active at the beginning, but now apparently this effect is diminishing. I will now take a weekly dose in one day to see if there is any change. Today I received the results of my blood test and urine, there was no change in any of the results, all normal. One thing I noticed is that neither he nor I get sick with viruses until now (typical in this period in our region). Live with three people who became ill, but apparently we escape this.
Thanks.

#15 AdamI

• 221 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Ok, soo it's nothing he have had he's whole life then? There is a genetical disease that make the red bloodcells less resistance to mechanicaldamage soo they infact die for example in the heart when it pumps... Platelets is that redbloodcells? Curcumin has been seen in test to increase int walls of redbloodcells if I remember correctly. If he has a low number because of some issue of weaker Platelets... and not the very production of them

#16 Gilliard Vasconcelos

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

I Don't think platelets are red blood cells, maybe red blood cells fragments. Coincidentally the red blood cells of him are a little lower than normal. I will investigate this possibility.

#17 Iporuru

• 216 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

I am intrigued by your mention of Actonel significantly extending life. I'd appreciate if you could elaborate a bit on this (any evidence/studies?). Thanks in advance.

#18 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

I am intrigued by your mention of Actonel significantly extending life. I'd appreciate if you could elaborate a bit on this (any evidence/studies?). Thanks in advance.

FightAging has a writeup on it.

#19 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:35 AM

Hi Niner. Thanks for posting this link. What made you decide that the benefits of taking this drug outweighs the risk of developing Alzheimer's or catching a bone fracture later in life? I ask because I'm considering taking it myself.

#20 Iporuru

• 216 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

Thanks for the link niner. I also second motorcitykid's question about your reasons for taking it despite the side effects?

#21 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

What made you decide that the benefits of taking this drug outweighs the risk of developing Alzheimer's or catching a bone fracture later in life? I ask because I'm considering taking it myself.

I first started taking it when I discovered that I was osteopenic. That came as a surprise to me, but I could probably explain it by several decades of bone-unfriendly lifestyle, along with heredity. With a vertebral fracture, you're facing a lifetime of pain without much you can do about it, so avoiding something like that was an important part of my thinking. I can't find any evidence that risedronate or other bisphosphonates puts people at greater risk for Alzheimer's. Alzheimer's and osteoporosis commonly coexist, even without drugs. Regarding the later life fracture, you're probably talking about the "atypical" fractures sometimes seen in people using these drugs. I've taken a break from Actonel for about nine months, and recently restarted. The idea there is to allow more normal bone remodeling to occur. I'm really not sure what the optimal length of the break should be, but I figure some is better than none. The osteonecrosis that you hear about all the time on the internet is mainly seen in cancer patients getting the drugs intravenously. It's usually associated with invasive dental work, and I think concomitant steroid use is a risk factor. If I was going to have invasive dental work, I'd probably stop the drug for a while. There's a feature that can be seen on x-ray that's predictive of the problem ahead of time as well. The vast majority of data on these drugs comes from post-menopausal women, so I don't know how predictive it would be for a male.

When I first started using it, I wasn't even aware of the unusual longevity associated with it, so that was just icing on the cake. I've never noticed any side effects whatsoever from it. Actonel is better than some other bisphosphonates with regard to some of the negative side effects.

During the entire time I've been using Actonel, I've also made sure the my vitamin D levels were good, and I've taken K2-MK7 and occasionally MK4, and have used Jarrow's bone formulation (Bone Up). I also kicked my cola habit, which is likely to have been part of the problem.

#22 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

What made you decide that the benefits of taking this drug outweighs the risk of developing Alzheimer's or catching a bone fracture later in life? I ask because I'm considering taking it myself.

I first started taking it when I discovered that I was osteopenic. That came as a surprise to me, but I could probably explain it by several decades of bone-unfriendly lifestyle, along with heredity. With a vertebral fracture, you're facing a lifetime of pain without much you can do about it, so avoiding something like that was an important part of my thinking. I can't find any evidence that risedronate or other bisphosphonates puts people at greater risk for Alzheimer's. Alzheimer's and osteoporosis commonly coexist, even without drugs. Regarding the later life fracture, you're probably talking about the "atypical" fractures sometimes seen in people using these drugs. I've taken a break from Actonel for about nine months, and recently restarted. The idea there is to allow more normal bone remodeling to occur. I'm really not sure what the optimal length of the break should be, but I figure some is better than none. The osteonecrosis that you hear about all the time on the internet is mainly seen in cancer patients getting the drugs intravenously. It's usually associated with invasive dental work, and I think concomitant steroid use is a risk factor. If I was going to have invasive dental work, I'd probably stop the drug for a while. There's a feature that can be seen on x-ray that's predictive of the problem ahead of time as well. The vast majority of data on these drugs comes from post-menopausal women, so I don't know how predictive it would be for a male.

When I first started using it, I wasn't even aware of the unusual longevity associated with it, so that was just icing on the cake. I've never noticed any side effects whatsoever from it. Actonel is better than some other bisphosphonates with regard to some of the negative side effects.

During the entire time I've been using Actonel, I've also made sure the my vitamin D levels were good, and I've taken K2-MK7 and occasionally MK4, and have used Jarrow's bone formulation (Bone Up). I also kicked my cola habit, which is likely to have been part of the problem.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with Actonel, Niner!

I'm taking into consideration the fact that women started taking the drug in their 70's and experienced LE benefits, which is really pretty amazing. If I choose to jump in on this for the long haul, it might be more judicious to cycle it at a lower dose-half a pill every other day, 6 months on 6 months off. I'm hoping this strategy will mitigate any unwanted side effects, any strain on my liver or kidney due to long-term pill-popping(for a relative youngster like myself). Hopefully, I'll still be able to reap some of the LE benefits and address the slight osteo symptoms I have in my shoulder(due to various competitive sports activites and a relentless weightlifting lifestyle).

Edited by motorcitykid, 11 April 2013 - 04:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users