PQQ potential for withdrawal symptoms?

pqq

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 guitarparty

• 22 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

Hello Folks,

I've just been taking PQQ a few weeks and haven't decided for sure whether I'm going to continue it or not, and if I do continue with it, how often I might take it.

I read one post on another forum mentioning a problem for one user in discontinuing the supplement for a brief period (one week, as best I can recall). At about the one week mark the user felt so bad she had to spend the day in bed. Everything got apparently fixed when she took the supplement once more, but at a later time she discontinued it again and a few days later (something like 5-7 days, I think) she had another really feel-bad day.

Have any of you who are taking this supplement found anything similar happening to you?

Curious Mary

#2 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

Hey Mary;
If you are going to take PQQ, or any supplement , it's imperative that you understand what it is, and why you would take it.
That being said , read this.
http://www.lef.org/m...=search&key=Pqq
From the little that I know of your condition. ( diabetic etc ).. PQQ wouldn't be on the top of my list of supplements that you should consider.

Edited by Kevnzworld, 21 March 2013 - 06:02 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 guitarparty

• Topic Starter
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

http://www.lef.org/m...=search&key=Pqq
From the little that I know of your condition. ( diabetic etc ).. PQQ wouldn't be on the top of my list of supplements that you should consider.

Hello Kev,

The link is a good one. Though I did read it and anything else I found earlier when deciding to begin taking the supplement.

Kev, why would you assume that I choose my supplements based on no information? Would you have assumed the same if I signed my posts "Martin" instead of "Mary"? (Just a guess.)

PQQ is _not_ the only supplement I'm taking. But I'm interested in user experiences in PQQ at the moment.

Now, on topic... Are you taking this supplement? And, if so, have you discontinued it occasionally? How did it go?

Elderly Mary

#4 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Hello Kev,

The link is a good one. Though I did read it and anything else I found earlier when deciding to begin taking the supplement.

Kev, why would you assume that I choose my supplements based on no information? Would you have assumed the same if I signed my posts "Martin" instead of "Mary"? (Just a guess.)

PQQ is _not_ the only supplement I'm taking. But I'm interested in user experiences in PQQ at the moment.

Now, on topic... Are you taking this supplement? And, if so, have you discontinued it occasionally? How did it go?

Elderly Mary

Haha...I didnt mean to imply anything sexist in my reply. I'm no spring chicken by the way.
I take it yes. 10mg is included in another supplement I take, LEF's Mitochondrial Energy optimizer. It's essentially an anti glycation formula. It might be something that you should consider given your condition. Accelerated glycation is one of the side effects of diabetes.
I sometimes take an additional 10 mg's when I remember. It may work synergistically with C60, something I also take.
I've never " felt " anything fom taking PQQ...

#5 guitarparty

• Topic Starter
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

I take it yes. 10mg is included in another supplement I take, LEF's Mitochondrial Energy optimizer. It's essentially an anti glycation formula. It might be something that you should consider given your condition.

Hi Kev,

I considered that one very, very briefly. But I'm just getting started here, and it occurred to me that I'd better see how well the straight PQQ agrees with me first.

I've never " felt " anything fom taking PQQ...

I haven't felt a thing, one way or the other. That's not terribly encouraging, given the cost. I do have kidney disease, though, so perhaps it's a bit irrational to expect to feel great benefits unless the supplement in question can do wonders for kidney disease at the same time too.

I have an additional problem with PQQ, though--and this is not something that anyone else needs to consider for themselves--but I have a long historical tendency to start out with (whatever, either pharmaceutical drug or natural supplement--or even food) doing absolutely wonderfully well. In less than a year of taking (whatever) every single day, though, I start to react to it, making (whatever) start to *cause* problems. As my allergist once told me, I ought not to take (any food) anywhere even close to frequently. The idea that I might have to worry about *bad* withdrawal symptoms for a wonderful supplement that was itself starting to *cause* problems--enough to impact my already very poor health--is a bit scary. So right now I am inclined toward either dropping the PQQ supplement or spacing it out to several times a month (which probably wouldn't do much for me... so maybe I ought to just save the money).

The one supplement I'd advise anyone who needs a supplement with a *large impact on lowering blood pressure* to take is Ivy's Mukta Vati. It worked for me for over a year until it started making my blood pressure worse, not better. I am half expecting something like that to come from most, if not all, of the supplements that are currently helping me. Unless maybe I can get my digestive inflammation problems healed--a fervent wish that I am trying hard to fulfill.

I am taking a very few things that might help some with kidney disease. Mostly taurine, and it's very, very helpful for sure. I can't imagine going back to not having it. I'm taking a bunch of things with the potential to help with all sorts of other problems that I definitely also have, problems besides kidney disease and diabetes. I skipped most of those things yesterday (digestive problems) and saw a huge impact from not taking them. They've definitely helped, to the point that my blood sugar steadiness has improved at the same time I've reduced insulin by more than half.

To put it mildly, I'm experimenting with a large number of supplements intended to help with a large number of pretty bad problems, and they're helping overall. At the end of the tryout process I won't be taking so many supplements, but just those that appear to be the most effective here.

Thanks ver much for your response now.

Mary

#6 Arjuna

• 130 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:18 AM

Old thread revival.

I used PQQ and it gave me great energy, for a week, then I experienced lows.  Is homeostasis or tolerance happening?  Maybe the body starts downregulating mitochondria to balance out the upregulation PQQ turns on.  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 evilbaga

• 39 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:35 AM

Old thread revival.

I used PQQ and it gave me great energy, for a week, then I experienced lows.  Is homeostasis or tolerance happening?  Maybe the body starts downregulating mitochondria to balance out the upregulation PQQ turns on.  

Damn... Im afraid of this. But so far, Ive taken PQQ ~11 days and no downside.

We'll see..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pqq

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users