- - - - -

Pseudoephedrine! or an alternative

pseudoephedrine

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

I got some Pseudoephedrine from the pharmacy here in Korea, 120mg 6 tabs per box. Seems it has really put me back on track. I have been able to focus and have worked extremely well over the last few days.
I develop software and some weeks I do sit in front of the computer 11hrs per day but only manage to get several hours of work done in the whole week.. The things I do range from crazy things like make lists of things to buy, stress over things/half work or just space out to other less neurotic things like reading news for hours and researching things that intrest me.. I spose many people waste a lot of time watching TV which I never do but it brings me down to know how little I accomplish each week.

Now 240mg per day of Pseudoephedrine has really got me going these last few days and I really have hardly ever been focused like this,even taking street amphetamines, modafinil or wellbutrin at times.
Could I take 120mg a day or two each week without long term problems? Is there other things that I could take or rotate that are similar acting?
I do have L-Tyrosine, Alcar, Picomilin and DAA here but it seems that from these only Tyrosine has ever given me a few hours boost.

#2 dubrontsidah

• 16 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

It is placebo. the hydroxide won't let it get through the blood brain barrier. Reduce that into a Hydrogen and then see what happens :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 peakplasma

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

If it works for you, then keep using it while the effect lasts; most people just get really clear sinuses.

#4 Adamzski

• Topic Starter
  • 674 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

Ok well hopefully the Placebo effects keep on coming
  • like x 1

#5 peakplasma

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

Not necessarily placebo.. everyone has a unique reaction to drugs based on their biochemistry and you might be in the lucky minority that get positive effects from it.

#6 Dissolvedissolve

• 200 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

I've heard of plenty of reports of pseudoephedrine having psychoactive effects, although it could be placebo. In any case, ephedrine is a pretty decent stimulant, although the effects tend to be highly noradrenergic rather than dopaminergic (ie physical energy, increased HR and BP, loss of appetite).

#7 Adamzski

• Topic Starter
  • 674 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

Have not had any today and I am not as much on the ball, I really was razor sharp yesterday.

Would it be a problem to take it regularly? I have searched around and can not see anything online that really puts me off taking it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 Adamzski

• Topic Starter
  • 674 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

I have just had a cold again and went and got 6 Pseudoephedrine 120mg tabs, had 4 today and it really does make me concentrate very well, it could be placebo but usually I am allover the place and can not concentrate on one work task for more than half an hour.

I did ask before but maybe I will start taking these every few days, would I be doing any harm to myself long term?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pseudoephedrine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users