- - - - -

Nootropics - my manic story

nootropics piracetam mania hypomania neurogenesis

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

This is probably the most honest thing I've ever written about myself. Before you read it and label me as a sociopathic wacko, please note that at this time I believe I was indeed riding very high on what I can only (in retrospect) describe as a continous manic episode: one that lasted several months. It was very, very, very fun and extremely exciting, but there were many moments were I indeed became very terrified for my own sanity - many hours of uncontrollable laughing over ants crawling across the ground and other nonsense, and my own safety - days of fights and arguments - I am a decent boxer, so my skills did help me escape from some very sketchy situations; unfortunately, I cannot rip out the issues that are inside of me and beat them out from my brain.

Let me just start with some observations I made while I was eating Piracetam...

Have any of you noticed a link between taking nootropics (in my case, Piracetam) and increasing one's own 'common sense'? Now, when I say common sense, I mean the ability to think on your feet in the moment - a kind of combination between short-term memory and executive functioning. I mainly bring this up because in my youth (and early teenagehood) my teachers and parents (and some of my friends) used to say (in words to this effect) that I was "pretty smart, but lack common sense."

When I was younger, my mother used to use labels like "Aspergers" and "Autism" when describing me to some people (I overheard her talking) and it angered me to be labelled, to feel different - like an outcast. I never really used to talk much as I was far too more interested in computers - taking them apart, writing C++ programs, etc. I avoided people in general, but I definitely wouldn't have called myself a social retard... it was just the finer details and social dynamics/cues that I just seemed to miss.

It's all very interesting to me because I really feel like Piracetam opened a door in my mind and allowed me to feel what I considered (at the time) to be 'normal'; and for a while this feeling was utterly incredible. Being able to wake up early and be full of energy (while taking Piracetam) after only 4-6 hours sleep, and generally feeling much more 'aware' and in control of my own mind, and the collective minds of those around me. For the first time in my life I felt like I was truly the master of my own destiny.

In the early days of my Piracetam experimentation and research, I remember reading a very accurate description (that neatly represents my journey) of acetycholine: "The neurotransmitter controlling velocity of thoughts" - well, goddamn, Piracetam supercharged my mind alright, it electrified it so much so that I felt like it was constantly expanding - like I could physically feel my synapses forming new connections; my mind had a thirst of its own for learning, one that seemed like it could never be able to be quenched. I walked down the street and I wanted to eat the windows and doors straight off of houses, I wanted to devour the world in twenty four hours, 365 days of the week. I wanted to become God.

And maybe I really did/do have Autism/Asperger's - I read somewhere (just paraphrasing from memory here) about a correlation between receptors/levels of glutamine/glutamate and the increase of Autism-like symptoms. But then, it's hard to seperate what constitutes a brain abnormality resembling Autism to shyness or actual brain damage.

Back to the Piracetam - my 'awareness' (or whatever it is I thought that I was 'gifted' with when I was on it) reached the stage where I would be standing in the middle of a social event/club/function/bar/public space and I would become scared; I was frightened because I believed that I understood and was processing far too much data from my surroundings than I used to -- and what I thought a 'normal' human should be able to. On the surface I was immensely confident, with a constant beaming *Piracetam* smile glued on my face, but often felt like I had to tame my emotions so that I wouldn't attract too much attention - it was a kind of anxious confidence that I was struggling with.

Sure, I could talk to anyone - about anything - but at the back of my mind I always felt like they were going to catch on to my tricks (that I felt like I was playing without playing); I guess I felt like I was an actor who faked certain emotions to elicit the responses I wanted out of people. Indeed, this must sound highly sociopathic, especially because I was heavily involved with studying and experimenting with Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP) at the time - but at no point was I exploiting people, manipulating, or lying to them - I never made people do things they did not want to (besides the fighting and arguments, in which my intentions were quite clear) - yet these feelings of my taking advantage over people remained. Likewise, I gave everyone the 'time of day': I would go out of my way to talk to the 'loner' in a group: the kind of personality I saw so much of in my 'old', pre-Piracetam state of self; hell, I even let a few people in on my 'secret' and recommended that they try Piracetam.

Objectively, I did have this much going for me: charisma. I could walk into almost any kind of social event and dominate the discussion - whatever it was, even topics that I had little-to-no idea about, I could twist and turn the subject matter and compare them to vaguely related topics that I only understood fragments of... even if I knew *absolutely nothing* about the topic, I could make it *seem* (all I really cared about at this time in my life was having fun and keeping up appearences) unimportant and navigate the conversation into a direction more favourable to myself - and yet I could pass all of this off so smoothly and succinctly that only an expert conversationalist at work could catch me out - if only a glance was exchanged between me and this conversationalist guru about my games I knew what they were thinking, like a mirror to my own soul... I was a faker - at best, an actor.
Yet even with my boxing skills (I was golden gloves champion of my state a few years back) I still felt this overwhelming combination of anxiety and welcoming of physical contact in social situations - as if any second someone was going to discover me for the fraud I felt like I was and attack me for what I then considered to be extraordinary wit and humour. I felt a simultaneous sense of indulgement and repulsion by this ever-looming threat.

I'll try to describe this clash of confidence and anxiety through an analogy...

It was like I was on a stage, high up on my podium (I considered myself to be a genius) - and then BAM, the curtains opened and the lights blared down on me - and here I was, standing in front of a massive audience of people waiting for me to do my epic social charismatic dance... If anyone has ever tried LSD (this feeling was very similar to the feeling I got back when I used to trip) you may know what I'm talking about. It's like a big event was about to blow up at any second... but the climax and resolution would never happen.

I'd just REALLY like to communicate this feeling, as bizarre as it may sound internally, because it really summarises how I feel about nootropics, psychedelics and drugs in general. I was at a warehouse party one night, REALLY high off Piracetam (I think I ate about 30 grams of it *that* very night) and a cocktail of other drugs including psilocybin (magic) mushrooms, MDMA and a number of water-pipes. I wrote a long-winded and disjointed story down on my iPhone trying (in vain) to capture this moment of being a prisoner-of-my-mind in text, and I'd like to share it for the first time now:

14 July 2012 4:01 AM

I just feel at home here, I can make great thing happen. everyone is telling me to do this, that, and the other thing but I just want to write.
life is such a long quest, and unfortunately I am the only person who can live it; through better and worse, through all the time I've wasted and the people I've hurt in the process of living my life, please know this: I am sorry.

through all the facades and all of the games...
I get it.
but there's still so much more that I don't get... I feel like I'm just living to keep up appearences... I get tired of writing, of keeping up this idea of who I'm supposed to be. and yet I know God is behind it all, laughing away hysterically at all of it...

it's always one more hit of this, one more purchase here, another girl that.
and yet you've known
you've always known
I can tell
through it all and there you are just smiling to yourself and realising that I've figured it out too.

it all comes back full circle to the centre - who am I - validating my own ego... living, no, chasing, for my future; a lonely quest with myself and yet I'm the author of my destiny...

through all the jabs and semicolons and problems that life hands me... I am the one holding the pen...
we're all just chasing that feeling, that moment, that clarity (you can hear it, screaming out at you)
of inner peace
knowing who you are
living just for the moment (I know, it's impossible)

it all comes to this: you. the quest is unending, believe me I've tried walking to the end.
this is what I thought I wanted, the people, the sights and the sounds are all how I imagined and visualised them to be, but then I realised that all I wanted all along was just to be left alone...
kicking the sand beneath your feet, knowing that this is only a moment for you and a special somebody out there.

knowing and feeling it for a short moment in time.
being in that zone of contentment where you feel at home (it goes beyond words, doesn't it)
living and existing without boundaries
seeing yourself through the gaze of others

and yet I can't help but feel, through all the good times and the bad, all the people I've known and loved, I can't help but feel that through all of it that God is really just behind it all. hiding behind the curtain, just out of reach. nodding to himself quietly that I know whatever is that I know, whatever quest it is that I'm chasing...

my pipe dreams, my ambitions, my goals... it all comes back to the same; and yet it never stops...

Indeed, it's hard to describe what this moment felt like. It's kind of like being stuck in the middle of a Clint Eastwood Western movie -- where the protagonist walks through a town and everyone is looking/watching him - waiting, no, yearning for him to make his next move. It was like this overbearing expectation that everyone placed on me - as if I was some kind of messiah that they were waiting on to perform a miracle - textbook hypomania/borderline personality disorder.

I was a mental masturbator. I was enthralled with myself - not because of my achievements (of which I really have none to brag about) but because I somehow overcame my 'adversity' of being shy and mentally handicapped. In truth, I wasn't growing as a person, I was just stroking and feeding my own ego - probably the most insane thing about all of this was the fact that I was fully aware of what was going on - that I was actually experiencing a long-term manic high; coupled with the fact that I had been diagnosed with, and experienced, bipolar (episodes) in the past, before I ever tried Piracetam. I was fully aware of what was unfolding before my eyes, yet I did nothing to stop it, only eat more and more Piracetam ($80/kg was pretty damn cheap and beat the hell out of any other drug I'd ever tried - I was high as fuck 24/7 for about 9 months). eBay was my dealer, Piracetam my one and only friend.

--------------
Looking back, though, and judging from the quantities of Piracetam I was eating (almost 3 kilograms in under 6 months - yes, I capped the OO-sized capsules myself - it was my relaxing ritual), my little experiment with my mind was bound to end badly sooner or later. And indeed it did. Reminiscing over all the arguments and physical fights I caused, I was acting like a child, not the genius that I honestly believed I was becoming.

My thought pattern quickly changed from my desire to make friends when I could not (before taking Piracetam) to rejecting potential (and existing) friendships I actually had; at the core of myself I truly believed that I did not need anyone except myself and my Piracetam - other people were just an end to achieving my own selfish desires: people who could supply me with drugs and free advice, girls I could have sex with, people who I could use to save myself from feeling bored - I didn't really care for their interaction, instead, just their ability to counteract my loneliness; in all honesty, I didn't really give a fuck about people, I only cared about what they could give or do for me. I was, and still am, extremely selfish... just like the child I inherently am.

It's so hard to describe in words. It really is. Probably because it all started and ended so quickly. Isochroma's 'Ramblings of a Piracetam Addict' gave me goosebumps - how I could relate to someone I'd never met in real life so much.

But objectively speaking - yes, I definitely - without a single doubt in my mind then or now - was operating on a higher level of intelligence. And when I say 'intelligence' I mean: much better short- and long-term memory, sharper wit and availability to a vocabularly (words that I learnt years ago and thought I had long forgotten).

And then my world of nootropics came crashing down like the poorly-built structure it really was; I still don't really know what happened - I suspect carbon monoxide poisoning from a faulty/shitbox car exhaust - one that I ironically purchased/threw money at on a whim while I was extremely high on a Piracetam bender; I was driving this thing around for many months (please read my other thread from last year on this if you are interested) but other people have suspected it was due to metal poisoning from a contaminated Piracetam supply. I can't pinpoint it down exactly to one event, but hopefully the MRI brain scan I will have next week will be able to reveal something I haven't considered.

----------------------

***Basically the Piracetam stopped working altogether, even after taking a 4 month+ break from it while supplementing with and without Choline. Similarly, smoking weed does nothing to me anymore but make me even more absent-minded, clumsy, forgetful, and give me a nasty headache (yes, I've tried many different strains from different dealers). Amphetamine salts do little for my concentration (where they used to keep me focused to a T), besides make me feel slightly more awake. Something definitely happened to me that seems to have permanently altered my neurochemistry - and I doubt this could be due to Piracetam.

I was looking for a way to change my life, I found it in aces and spades, and then I got thrown back down to the terrible world of my own mind that I, in my infinite foolishness, thought I could escape.

Anyway, all I really know right now is that my life sucks. I've lost 95% of my wicked sense of humour and conversational abilities (my razor-sharp wit, physical energy, zest for life, and venomous tongue is gone) and my beloved cognitive and executive functioning (short-term and long-term memory storage and retrieval) skills.

Nowadays I'm pretty absentminded, forgetful, emotionally blunt, etc, etc - pretty much worse off than I was before I tried Piracetam. Since I stopped taking Piracetam, I once again hanging out with old friends (ones that I made before and while taking Piracetam) but there is this unspoken silence and looks from them that kind of says it all without saying anything at all - "[Xenix], you've changed, you used to be so much smarter, funnier, energetic... now look at you, you're all washed up. You've changed and we don't like change. Don't call us and we won't call you."

It's been good to know that I have a few friends that I can still hang out and feel comfortable around and with even though - if I ever get better, THESE are the people I will be looking out for and helping - not the others who liked me only for my heightened sense of self-awareness. I know, I know, it was my Piracetam personality that they liked - not *me*. I can't blame them, but at least I now know who my true friends are - too bad I had to lose it all to discover that simple truth.

And it's funny, you know, how even the smallest changes in your brain can alter your entire life. It's all in the neurons and synapses; those few cubic centermeters in your brain dictate who you are, who you will be, and what you can have - if nothing else, I can be thankful that Piracetam showed me this firsthand. It's all in the mind.

Psychologists and psychiatrists are no help. And I expect neurologists to be of no greater benefit. Antidepressants are equally useless. Yet suicide remains on my mind most days, not due to depression, but due to knowing what I have lost and having to live with the consequences of my own actions. If my long suspicions are correct, and my issues are indeed carbon monoxide poisoning, I need something that can rebuild synaptic connections and/or damaged brain tissue and neurons - not to 'talk' about my 'issues' in hourly chunks at $100/hour. This is why I've been researching small HGF peptides that can cross the BBB. Cerebrolysin unfortunately did not help.

I can only really relate this all to one book: Flowers for Algernon. I guess I was kind of like Icarus - the boy who was warned not to fly too high, only to get scorched by the sun before crashing down into the unforgiving ocean below. Right now I'm trying out an experiemental peptide to see if its supposed effect on synaptogenesis, neurogenesis, and angiogenesis can bring me back somewhere to the person I used to be.

It's all in the mind. I just hope I can find a way to repair mine so I can escape my own hell.

-X
  • like x 4
  • dislike x 1

#2 dogshitwebsite

• 57 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

Maybe Dihexa could help you? And wasn't NSI-189 developed against depression.. fixing it by growing your hippocampus?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Xenix

• Topic Starter
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Maybe Dihexa could help you? And wasn't NSI-189 developed against depression.. fixing it by growing your hippocampus?

NSI-189 indeed sounds helpful, but Dihexa seems utterly amazing, and I will be trying it soon - check the Dihexa thread.

#4 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

You should give the Uridine+DHA+Choline combo a try. It sounds like you have BPD rather than aspergers. If you have aspergers anything agonizing the glutamate system will exacerbate your "innability to communicate" feelings, even though I'm reading you loud and clear.

The "asperger" label may also just be psychosomatic. Dunno. Give the Uridine combo a try, won't hurt.

#5 Xenix

• Topic Starter
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

I'm wondering how many of you actually read my post in its entirety. Basically, I'm over petty supplements and their indefinite doses needed just to maintain a sense of normality. I need permanent enhancement, not some temporary solution to a permanent problem

#6 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

I'm wondering how many of you actually read my post in its entirety. Basically, I'm over petty supplements and their indefinite doses needed just to maintain a sense of normality. I need permanent enhancement, not some temporary solution to a permanent problem

Basically, what you're asking is a change in your lifestyle. You can try working on CBT or practicing meditation. Those will eventually lead to a permanent change in your perception of yourself and those around you.
  • like x 2

#7 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

NSI-189 indeed sounds helpful, but Dihexa seems utterly amazing, and I will be trying it soon - check the Dihexa thread.

Xenix, I have legitimate concerns about you being a "troll", in that Dihexa thread you've lied about having already snorted Dihexa a while ago http://www.longecity...post__p__573579 then copy/pasted this report of your pretented experiment http://www.longecity...post__p__573593 . So your lies had been exposed, but then a few post later you post like nothing even happened (and everybody else seems to have amnesia too) http://www.longecity...post__p__574615 that some "source provided you with 2g of dihexa" and offered to share with some members, then again much later said "my 2g of dihexa should be arriving next week" http://www.longecity...post__p__577136 and that was more than a week ago, then again 2 days later "my next batch of dihexa should be arriving next week" http://www.longecity...180#entry577757 .

Since you now seem to be in the mood for honesty and revelations, could you please come clear about all this so we can know what to make of your posts?

Also, your post does scream bipolar disorder (which I'm familiar with, my father being manic depressive)

Edited by daouda, 18 April 2013 - 06:09 PM.

• like x 2

#8 Xenix

• Topic Starter
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Basically, what you're asking is a change in your lifestyle. You can try working on CBT or practicing meditation. Those will eventually lead to a permanent change in your perception of yourself and those around you.

A change in lifestyle would be great, but I don't see it being a possibility when my issue has to do with hypoxic-ischemic brain damage. Do you think some CBT or meditation would really help someone with a degenerative cognition like Parkinson's or dementia/Alzheimer's?
Those things you listed would work great for someone with psychological issues, but not so well in people with physical brain damage.

#9 Xenix

• Topic Starter
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

Xenix, I have legitimate concerns about you being a "troll", in that Dihexa thread you've lied about having already snorted Dihexa a while ago http://www.longecity...post__p__573579 then copy/pasting this report of youe so-called experiment http://www.longecity...post__p__573593 . So your lies had been exposed, but then a few post later you post like nothing even happened (and everybody else seems to have amnesia too) http://www.longecity...post__p__574615 that some "source provided you with 2g of dihexa" and offered to share with some members, then again much later said "my 2g of dihexa should be arriving next week" http://www.longecity...post__p__577136 and that was more than a week ago, then again 2 days later "my next batch of dihexa should be arriving next week" http://www.longecity...180#entry577757 .

Since you now seem to be in the mood for honesty and revelations, could you please come clear about all this so we can know what to make of your posts?

Meh, you can think what you want about me. I threw that direct quote (which I knew would be quickly exposed) from a book I read into the thread to make it a bit more interesting and so people would actually check up on what they read before they accept it as fact.

Yeah, I'm still waiting on my order, my supplier has been unreliable. You can think I'm trolling if you wish, but when I scan and post my HPLC/mass spect analysis from my supplier after it arrives you can rethink your opinions.
  • dislike x 1

#10 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

(...)into the thread to make it a bit more interesting and so people would actually check up on what they read before they accept it as fact..

Well that's what "trolls" always say to justify their actions. So you are not necessarilly "a troll" but you have DEFINITELY "trolled", and it's not about "what I think about you", but about the facts that you clearly LIED about snorting dihexa in that thread, and then never even talked about it again. Now you act all defensive and childish "Meh, you can think what you want about me" which really is not what I expected from you. So now I know what i will personnally "think about you" (not that you care), thanks.

#11 Xenix

• Topic Starter
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

Well, you already labelled me as a troll, so I guess that's how you see me - which doesn't bother me tremendously. I think a short little sarcastic comment about snorting Dihexa versus all the effort I put into thread will probably show that this thread is genuine; but again, think what you like.

#12 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Your reading comprehension skills either need more nootropics or you are being intellectually dishonest again, I didn't "label you as a troll" but exposed my legitimate concerns about you potentially being a troll because of the FACT that you lied about having used Dihexa already, got exposed, and then proceeded to act like you hadn't without the slightest explanation or comment, this is why I sincerely came here to ask you to "come clear with us" so we can know exactly what to make of your posts here from now on (thus giving you the opportunity to convince us of your non-trollitude). But instead of explaining yourself maturely like an adult, you act like you've been unfairly accused and childishly conclude "meh whatever you can think whatever you like about me I dont care". All this is enough for me to conclude that even though you may not be a "troll" per se, your posts definitely are unreliable (not only because of your prior shameless lie -you now say it was sarcasm but sure didnt do nothing to make this clear nowhere in that thread- but also and mainly because of your obvious lack of interest for basic intellectual honesty.)

After this apparent burst of honesty from you I was actually expecting you to say something along the lines of "yeah I got carried away in the middle of some manic episode and was just having some fun with you, but all my remaining posts are nothing but the truth, sorry about that". You really can't expect us to ignore that pretendly "sarcastic" lie without any explanation, and then to take every one of your following posts at face value do you??

Oh, and yes, I know, you don't care

Edited by daouda, 18 April 2013 - 06:46 PM.

• like x 1

#13 Xenix

• Topic Starter
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Your reading comprehension skills either need more nootropics or you are being intellectually dishonest again, I didn't "label you as a troll" but exposed my legitimate concerns about you potentially being a troll because of the FACT that you lied about having used Dihexa already and than proceeded to act like you hadn't, this is why I sincerely came here to ask you to "come clear with us" so we can know exactly what to make of your posts here from now on (thus giving you the opportunity to convince us of your non-trollitude). But instead of explaining yourself maturely like an adult, you act like you've been unfairly accused and childishly conclude "meh whatever you can think whatever you like about me I dont care". All this is enough for me to conclude that even though you may not be a "troll" per se, your posts definitely are unreliable (not only because of your prior shameless lie but also and mainly because of your obvious lack of interest for basic intellectual honesty.)

Oh, and yes, I know, you don't care

Cool. I still stand by what I said - you can think what you like about me, it does not bother me whether you consider me a troll or not - my lab documentation will do the talking for me. For the record, I did not offer to share any with members of the forum, it was for Erebus to test purely for analysis purposes.

So yeah, I trolled about snorting it and copy-pasted an excerpt from a book. Does Daouda need a tissue? maybe a shoulder to cry on?

Rior seemed to have gotten the snorting joke just fine, maybe you're just taking the internetz a little too seriously. Perhaps there's a nootropic out there to help increase your sense of humour?

Best regards,

X

#14 Xenix

• Topic Starter
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Ok, I can't keep up with all the edits you keep making on your posts - you appear to keep wanting to take another bite at the cherry. Good on you. I'm really glad for you.

Anyway I'm tired and going to sleep now. Please continue to keep me entertained with your unrelated edited posts about how unreliable my previous posts from a seperate thread were so I may read them tomorrow. Goodnight.

#15 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

Does Daouda need a tissue? maybe a shoulder to cry on?
Rior seemed to have gotten the snorting joke just fine, maybe you're just taking the internetz a little too seriously. Perhaps there's a nootropic out there to help increase your sense of humour?

Beautiful the picture is getting clearer and clearer. Now I dont even beleive in your brain damage story. If you were despaired like me to find a cure to apparently incurable brain damage that deeply affects your life and who you are, you'd know that this type of "humour" has definitely no place when discussing a potential elusive cure that you're so deperately trying to reach.

Ok, I can't keep up with all the edits you keep making on your posts - you appear to keep wanting to take another bite at the cherry. Good on you. I'm really glad for you

Look at the time stamps, the edits were done BEFORE you'd effectively posted your reply.

I'm done with you now, and I'm not into this nauseating hypocritical "sarcasm" ("Good on you, I'm really glad for you" etc), so yeah, you can eat shit.

#16 Xenix

• Topic Starter
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Sarcasm aside, I really am suffering from brain damage. I got a little annoyed with your nit-picking of my comments so I posted some ill-humoured replies. I am sorry if I offended you. I would not insult someone else's problems like that. I was definitely not poking fun at you or your issues, just your persistence in making me look like a troll when I am trying to be genuine.

I did troll that Dihexa thread twice as I've already said, I admit it, but that's it. My post on this thread has been genuine. If I notice any definite gains from Dihexa I will let you know the details of my supplier so you can order some - but at this stage, due to their really slow delivery, I would not recommend that you do so.

#17 chung_pao

• 352 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

You sound like me when I had hypogonadism.
Modafinil, anti-depressants and other psychoactive substances only provide temporary fixes.

Fixing your hormone levels will upregulate hippocampal protein synthesis, well-being, muscle and brain growth factors.
If you're looking for something to permanently enhance your physiology, testosterone is the way to go.

#18 Sun

• 53 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

Wow, I read all the story. Have you had your MRI brain scan then? What about that? And, if I may ask, what exactly did you said to your doctor to obtain that?
I'd like to have an MRI brain test, given all the powder I've eaten but I don't see how I could get my doctor to recommend me that... You didn't told him about the pir story, right?

#19 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

Your exhaust poisoning explanation seems random. I mean so you mixed "Piracetam (I think I ate about 30 grams of it *that* very night) and a cocktail of other drugs including psilocybin (magic) mushrooms, MDMA and a number of water-pipes" occasionally and you crashed eventually. It was just a matter of time really...

#20 Xenix

• Topic Starter
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

Wow, I read all the story. Have you had your MRI brain scan then? What about that? And, if I may ask, what exactly did you said to your doctor to obtain that?
I'd like to have an MRI brain test, given all the powder I've eaten but I don't see how I could get my doctor to recommend me that... You didn't told him about the pir story, right?

Yeah, I had the MRI scan a few days ago. The results looked pretty normal (from what the radiologist who did the scan told me), but I'm still waiting to hear the results from my doctor - I expect much the same response: that it's "normal". I will ask him to check for hippocampus atrophy.

I got talking to the radiologist after he finished the scan. I told him about the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning - and he said that unfortunately MRI's aren't very good at detecting anoxia (or to a lesser degree hypoxia): an affect from carbon monoxide poisoning. MRI's are best at showing physical trauma, not tissue damage. Guess I'm kinda stuck if my doctor can't find anything.

I told my doctor the truth. No, I didn't tell him about the Piracetam because he has no idea what nootropics are/do. I said I was having constant headaches and a depression that wouldn't go away - but not a kind of 'classical' depression - one that put me into a completely blank mood all the time. One that I've been experiencing since August last year. A complete personality change -- totally different to what I was BEFORE and WHILE I was taking Piracetam. I told him I was very desperate and that I believed carbon monoxide poisoning was a definite possibility. He was the one that recommended the MRI.

#21 Xenix

• Topic Starter
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

Your exhaust poisoning explanation seems random. I mean so you mixed "Piracetam (I think I ate about 30 grams of it *that* very night) and a cocktail of other drugs including psilocybin (magic) mushrooms, MDMA and a number of water-pipes" occasionally and you crashed eventually. It was just a matter of time really...

Random, I agree. The carbon monoxide poisoning was a kind of process of elimination for me. And no, that cocktail was definitely not occasionally, it was a one-off. It's around the beginning of when everything started to go downhill for me.

I know I must be coming off as being a psychosomatic, but I assure you that is not the case. I stopped taking ALL drugs (including Piracetam) around September, and sold my car, last year. Since then in the new year, I tried Piracetam again (I know all about how it takes a while to 'kick in') but it's like I am now a non-responder to all nootropics - they just don't work for me - or the decay in my brain has reached new heights.
Likewise, all the other drugs (weed, alcohol, speed, etc) that I have OCCASIONALLY experimented with since things turned to hell, have little-to-no effect on me. It's like my brain is wrecked.

My short-term memory and emotions were never this terrible nor blunted in my entire life. My energy is just zapped... I just feel really stuck and alone.

#22 Sun

• 53 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

Anyway don't forget that positive thinking is demonstrated to shorten period of healing from everything you might have, so don't became negative about your conditions, ever ;)

#23 Xenix

• Topic Starter
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

Anyway don't forget that positive thinking is demonstrated to shorten period of healing from everything you might have, so don't became negative about your conditions, ever ;)

True. But much easier said than done, believe me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#24 SlimNm

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Xenix, how are you? I felt exactly like you described from SSRI withdrawal, but over the past year it's been getting slowly better, and now, I'm in paradise compared to where I used to be.

Just wanted to know how you are doing, and if anything is working.

I hate to be another one of 'those guys', but is it possible that piracetam caused this?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics, piracetam, mania, hypomania, neurogenesis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users