• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

Name: Aaron Winborn's Dying Wish
Category: Inspriration
Date Added: 23 April 2013 - 02:00 AM
Submitter: caliban
Short Description: None Provided

Aaron Winborn has been diagnosed with ALS, which will leave him completely paralyzed.

View Video

#2 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:48 AM

I'm sad to say that Aaron passed away. I want to thank everyone who helped Aaron Winborn's wish to be cryonically preserved. He passed away on March 24th as he planned, by pulling the plug on his breathing machince and is now at Cryonics Institue. There will be a published report of his suspension details in the coming days but I heard that it went as optimally as it could for preservation of his brain and body. He was able to be given medications to help with suspension before he passed away and CPR was able to be started immediately as the cooling process then profusion was carried through.  So sad to lose such a caring, brilliant, loving person. Such loss for his beautiful family and all the communities he touched.

A memorial service will be held Saturday, March 28, 2015, at 2pm at the Unitarian Church of Harrisburg at 1280 Clover Lane. Memorials in lieu of flowers should be made to: Hope Loves Company (an organization for children who have or have had a family member living with ALS. His daughter Ashlin attended their weekend camp free of charge annually for the last few years) or to: The Circle School (His daughter Ashlin's and soon to be his daughter Sabina's school). The Drupal community has also set up an annual award in his honor. https://www.drupal.o...n-winborn-award  Here is a blog piece by his father that explains why he was interested in cryonics a bit-but also is a moving tribute to a very caring, loving and brave person. http://aaronwinborn....y-son-my-friend

#3 2525

• 60 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:11 PM

I was very impressed with his story and what a good and loving person he was.

He was even a little shy to look at the camera one last time.

How old was Aaron, and what was the cause of ALS ?

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users