#3721 EncyclopediaBrown

• 44 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:07 AM

Found this too

https://www.google.c...ulkJI30C8vYtLlA

#3722 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:16 PM

Thanks for the detailed feedback, RG! I'm really glad you decided to test it out apart from NGF to begin with. It's always better to add one variable at a time if possible. I'm looking forward to hearing how i-insulin treats you going forward and I'm definitely interested hearing how it combines with NGF. 

It happened again: In hindsight the one thing that stuck out about my betaNGF experiences, apart from the cinematic dreams of unprecedented realism, was nested waking. In other words, I would awaken from a dream, completely convinced that I had done so, only to wake up once again, or even twice more, before returning to reality. So just today, a week into INI, and for probably the first time in the months since my last betaNGF experiment, it occurred again. I would never have thought that something as psychologically complicated as nested waking could be a side effect of NGF activity, but the correlation is compelling, as I don't recall it ever occurring until I started my experiments, and in any event, the time correlation has been impressively tight. I'm thinking maybe insulin is cascading down to NGF in some creeping manner. Perhaps it's a sign that the brain is reorienting itself gradually, making it prone to confuse the threshold between dreams and reality.

Bah! 'Tis all a dream!

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3723 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:41 PM

I think I need to add something here: INI is the real deal. Two days in a row now, I've been startled by a sudden decrease in tinnitus. For those of you who don't have tinnitus, it's a constant "eeeeee..." in one ear, or worse. In my case, it's mild, and I've learned to mentally filter it out, rather the sound of an air conditioner at your home. But if someone suddenly turns off that air conditioner, you feel for a brief moment as though you've gone deaf; there's no question that the auditory background noise level has suddenly changed. For me, as much as I would wish otherwise, this is an extraordinarily rare event; tinnitus can come and go, but generally only over the course of minutes to hours. The only other time this happened with any consistency was when I was injecting GCSF. Apparently, there's something about the hematopoietic secretome that rapidly accomplished the same decrease, and I previously reported, in this forum, being startled by it.

In both cases, this occurred within half and hour or so of taking INI. This is curious because a sudden increase in tinnitus happened repeatedly and in approximately the same time period -- and was confirmed by another user -- in the case of intranasal betaNGF. I suspect this has something to do with physical transport time in the CSF. But why should INI behave like a presumably antiinflammatory stem cell injection, instead of a proinflammatory betaNGF shot? (Technically, betaNGF isn't proinflammatory, but it creates such a perception due to nociceptor enhancement, and therefore perhaps increases sensitivity to the underlying neurological noise which causes tinnitus.) We're probably talking about incursion upon the ventromedial prefontal cortex (VPFC), based on recent tinnitus research; it's compelling that the VPFC is located just behind the olfactory nerves, which in turn abut the olfactory bulbs.

Secondly, the memory effects have grown well beyond placebo at this point, to the point that I'm honestly fearful that if I need to stop for any reason, they might diminish. (After all, I have no idea if I'm growing new neurons and synapses, or merely playing an elaborate and ephemeral neurotransmitter trick.) For instance, I long ago forgot my friend David's last name, with whom I lost contact many years ago. I spent the better part of a year around him back in 1996, and all I could remember was that he had a unique last time. A few months ago, I gave up and decided to call up our mutual friend. He, too, failed to recall. Now I don't know about anyone else, but in my case, if a few days go by and I can't recall a name, it's gone, period. But this was years. When I woke up just yesterday, however, there it was! It just popped into my head, with no external influence to jog my memory. Now, I could understand INI enhancing the formation and retrieval of new memories, but in order to recover his last name, it (or something else) would literally have had to "dust off" old polluted circuitry buried in plaque. That, in turn, can only occur if inflammation backs off and the neurons and microglia get the energy and signalling they require to start cleaning house. I don't know what happened, of course, except to say that I don't think I've ever "unforgotten" something after a week, let alone years.

Finally, it's not just recall; it's latency. The latter is effectively impossible to cure with neurofeedback, probably because neuroplasticity can route around lots of problem areas, but can't change the fact that neurons are globally encumbered by plaque. (I'm speaking of recall latency, not reaction time, which is definitely correctable with neurofeedback.) But, time and again, I've noticed that I not only tend to remember "trivial stuff", but do so with relative speed.

For the record, I'm only taking one 4 mg galantamine per day (or actually like half that, considering my fasting days of late), so I doubt that's what's causing all this. I'm still on one spray (10 IU) of INI twice daily.

I just hope this stuff doesn't wear off. Nootropic history is littered with such sorry tales, so we should probably expect as much.

Edited by resveratrol_guy, 04 February 2017 - 06:42 PM.

• like x 1

#3724 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:46 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience. Great news about the tinnitus!

Are you still doing the LED LLLT ? I noticed some long-term acquaintance name , and memory recall during the time period of about 20 LLLT treatments. I am taking a break due to some severe tooth pain caused by gum tissue being pulled away from the root.

I-insulin is on my list to try after sulforaphane.

I think I need to add something here: INI is the real deal. Two days in a row now, I've been startled by a sudden decrease in tinnitus. For those of you who don't have tinnitus, it's a constant "eeeeee..." in one ear, or worse. In my case, it's mild, and I've learned to mentally filter it out, rather the sound of an air conditioner at your home. But if someone suddenly turns off that air conditioner, you feel for a brief moment as though you've gone deaf; there's no question that the auditory background noise level has suddenly changed. For me, as much as I would wish otherwise, this is an extraordinarily rare event; tinnitus can come and go, but generally only over the course of minutes to hours. The only other time this happened with any consistency was when I was injecting GCSF. Apparently, there's something about the hematopoietic secretome that rapidly accomplished the same decrease, and I previously reported, in this forum, being startled by it.

In both cases, this occurred within half and hour or so of taking INI. This is curious because a sudden increase in tinnitus happened repeatedly and in approximately the same time period -- and was confirmed by another user -- in the case of intranasal betaNGF. I suspect this has something to do with physical transport time in the CSF. But why should INI behave like a presumably antiinflammatory stem cell injection, instead of a proinflammatory betaNGF shot? (Technically, betaNGF isn't proinflammatory, but it creates such a perception due to nociceptor enhancement, and therefore perhaps increases sensitivity to the underlying neurological noise which causes tinnitus.) We're probably talking about incursion upon the ventromedial prefontal cortex (VPFC), based on recent tinnitus research; it's compelling that the VPFC is located just behind the olfactory nerves, which in turn abut the olfactory bulbs.

Secondly, the memory effects have grown well beyond placebo at this point, to the point that I'm honestly fearful that if I need to stop for any reason, they might diminish. (After all, I have no idea if I'm growing new neurons and synapses, or merely playing an elaborate and ephemeral neurotransmitter trick.) For instance, I long ago forgot my friend David's last name, with whom I lost contact many years ago. I spent the better part of a year around him back in 1996, and all I could remember was that he had a unique last time. A few months ago, I gave up and decided to call up our mutual friend. He, too, failed to recall. Now I don't know about anyone else, but in my case, if a few days go by and I can't recall a name, it's gone, period. But this was years. When I woke up just yesterday, however, there it was! It just popped into my head, with no external influence to jog my memory. Now, I could understand INI enhancing the formation and retrieval of new memories, but in order to recover his last name, it (or something else) would literally have had to "dust off" old polluted circuitry buried in plaque. That, in turn, can only occur if inflammation backs off and the neurons and microglia get the energy and signalling they require to start cleaning house. I don't know what happened, of course, except to say that I don't think I've ever "unforgotten" something after a week, let alone years.

Finally, it's not just recall; it's latency. The latter is effectively impossible to cure with neurofeedback, probably because neuroplasticity can route around lots of problem areas, but can't change the fact that neurons are globally encumbered by plaque. (I'm speaking of recall latency, not reaction time, which is definitely correctable with neurofeedback.) But, time and again, I've noticed that I not only tend to remember "trivial stuff", but do so with relative speed.

For the record, I'm only taking one 4 mg galantamine per day (or actually like half that, considering my fasting days of late), so I doubt that's what's causing all this. I'm still on one spray (10 IU) of INI twice daily.

I just hope this stuff doesn't wear off. Nootropic history is littered with such sorry tales, so we should probably expect as much.

#3725 LifeisBall

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:25 PM

Whats the risk of taking INI on the brain? Could I damage it permanently or mildly in any way or to my overall health in one small dose? I want to find a spray where I could spray the smallest dose just to be safe.

Edited by LifeisBall, 05 February 2017 - 07:38 PM.

#3726 mkmossop

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:03 AM

Great that you've gotten such good results from INI. I've been trying it for the past month and can't say it's been doing much for me... most I've done is 4 sprays per day though. I've also been experimenting with pregnenolone and it also isn't doing anything which is frustrating. I'm using this stuff:

https://www.amazon.c...ds=pregnenolone

I don't know if it's true sublingual preg or not. They're tablets and it says to dissolve under the tongue and then swallow, but doesn't specify that they're sublingual. Anyway the max I've taken of these is 30 mg (which is a pretty high dose for sublingual) and didn't feel anything. I'm thinking of getting 100 mg capsules to dose orally and see if those make a difference.

What are doses and forms other people have found helpful?

I also have some noopept and lithium orotate coming in the mail so hopefully I'll see some effect with those.

Also re: INI, from what I've read it's totally safe. For sure you wouldn't get brain damage from one small dose. Lostfalco links to some spray bottles on his website somewhere that you can use for this.

Edited by mkmossop, 06 February 2017 - 04:05 AM.

#3727 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:19 AM

Whats the risk of taking INI on the brain? Could I damage it permanently or mildly in any way or to my overall health in one small dose? I want to find a spray where I could spray the smallest dose just to be safe.

Desensitization of neuronal insulin receptors is a possibility. We still lack long term effects of intranasal insulin, I believe.

#3728 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

Desensitization of neuronal insulin receptors is a possibility. We still lack long term effects of intranasal insulin, I believe.

I do notice some soft tissue inflammation in the area as well, although it's hard to know whether it's due to the metacreosol or the insulin itself. (I had to break for a day to reduce the pain, which has worked, so I'm resuming.) Granted, insulin is proinflammatory outside the CNS, so this is not entirely surprising, and side effects are a fact of life.

Apart from the question of CNS insulin resistance emerging over long time periods, my primary concern would be IGF1 activation in the nasopharyngeal region and the forebrain, potentially leading to tumors. (Again, I advocate for IGF1 knockdown in terminal cancer patients, but that's a whole other thread.) However, one would think this would be evident already, given the relatively large trials underway. My fears are also moderated somewhat by recent advances in brain tumor treatment and cancer prevention in general, in addition to the apparent lack of cancer reports near the injection sites in diabetes type 1 patients. On balance, I think the prospect of averting AD is worth bearing these theoretical risks.

Hi Heisok, yes, I'm still doing LLLT, probably every 3 days on average. 13 locations @ a minute each @ 850 nm with 48 LEDs, including direct retinal exposure. I noticed effects long ago, and to my delight, it still works as well as on day one. (The effects seem to take overnight to manifest.) But INI is a whole other level.

To clarify, INI has had no permanent effect on my tinnitus, but the short term negative pop is remarkable. If anything, it's been worse lately, possibly due to my high-glutamine keto diet.

• Informative x 1

#3729 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:34 AM

I'm doing LLLT with a 140 leds device (850nm) two minutes per spot, five times a week, monday-friday. Is this too much? I've been doing it for the last two months, month and a half, maybe, without any apparent results. 

#3730 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:08 PM

I'm doing LLLT with a 140 leds device (850nm) two minutes per spot, five times a week, monday-friday. Is this too much? I've been doing it for the last two months, month and a half, maybe, without any apparent results. 

Hey William, that dosing pattern is probably ok but I would recommend imitating the human studies using LEDs which lasered each spot every other day. There are links to the studies in this article. http://www.lostfalco...therapy-dosing/

Also, many people don't notice subjective effects when using LLLT. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's not working. Nattzor is a great example of this. He had measurable enhancements but reported no subjective difference at all. Check out his data here. https://www.gwern.net/LLLT

I hope you find a dose that works for you!

• Informative x 1

#3731 mkmossop

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:45 PM

Hey William, that dosing pattern is probably ok but I would recommend imitating the human studies using LEDs which lasered each spot every other day. There are links to the studies in this article. http://www.lostfalco...therapy-dosing/

"353 seconds per spot on 11 eleven different spots"

Whoa didn't think it was that high... that's over an hour. I've been doing 15 minutes which I thought was a lot.

Just a question about your calculations...

"96 LEDs at 23mW per LED gives us: 96 x 23 = 2,208 mW emitted for the whole array."

The device is rated at 15 W... why is this different than the 2.2 W you calculated? Is the whole 15 W not getting to the array? I know nothing about this stuff so I'm not sure how this works.

#3732 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

"353 seconds per spot on 11 eleven different spots"

Whoa didn't think it was that high... that's over an hour. I've been doing 15 minutes which I thought was a lot.

Just a question about your calculations...

"96 LEDs at 23mW per LED gives us: 96 x 23 = 2,208 mW emitted for the whole array."

The device is rated at 15 W... why is this different than the 2.2 W you calculated? Is the whole 15 W not getting to the array? I know nothing about this stuff so I'm not sure how this works.

Hey mkmossop, the 353 seconds is if you want to imitate the studies as closely as possible. It's ok to try lower doses and see if those work for you in order to save some time. 

The 23mW per LED estimate comes from electrical engineer Scott Roberts. His excellent site on LLLT is here if you want to check it out!  http://heelspurs.com/led.html

#3733 mkmossop

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:31 PM

I've been doing lower dose with some effect, but based on this will definitely raise the dose and hopefully see more of an effect. Not to an hour, but may do 30 mins.

I saw where the 23 mW came from, I'm just not sure why that would be used instead of the 15 W power that the device is rated at. If you use 15 W instead of 23 mW per diode then you get about 250 mW/cm2 which is a much higher dose than the 36.8 mW/cm2 that you calculated... so I just wanna make sure which one is right.

Anyway... how long do you usually laser for?

Edited by mkmossop, 08 February 2017 - 08:33 PM.

#3734 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:40 PM

Anyway... how long do you usually laser for?

I've found that 1 to 2 minutes per spot works pretty well for me. 

#3735 mkmossop

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:43 PM

On 11 spots? So you're way below the dose from the studies. This is with the Vetrolaser though?

#3736 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:13 PM

On 11 spots? So you're way below the dose from the studies. This is with the Vetrolaser though?

with the LED arrays

#3737 mkmossop

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:31 AM

Alright thanks. Well I'll experiment with 30 mins (up from 15) and see what changes I notice.

#3738 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:37 AM

Alright thanks. Well I'll experiment with 30 mins (up from 15) and see what changes I notice.

No problem. Keep us updated!

• like x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#3739 Groundhog Day

• 94 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:31 PM

I'm underweight but have a degree of insulin restistance that I have mentioned before in this thread. I just finished my 3rd trial of I-Insulin. I did 1 spray each day for 3 weeks and was forced to stop again because of complete sleeplessness. I am going to take 1 spray a week for as long as I can though. (My first trial was 3 weeks, my 2nd trial was 2 weeks long.... also stopped because of my chronic insomnia)

I never noticed any improvements in mood this last trial, which I got several times before. It also took a lot longer to kick in and slow down my incredible hunger. The first 2 trials.... about a week in I started needing less food and feeling better. This last trial that did not happen for a while.... I was past the 2 week period when I finally started to feel like my insulin sensitivity was improving. So there may be something to receptor desensitivity but I'm not sure. 

I also did 17 days of 300mcg BPC-157 orally in December. I noted several days where I was more social and assertive, and that felt good, but also several days of mild brain fog where I wasn't very decisive, and a little aimless. I'm not entirely sure this was from the bpc, though.

#3740 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:23 AM

I just thought I should mention... I was at first having trouble sorting out whether the keto diet or INI was giving me the lion's share of the cognitive boost, so I took 2 weeks off INI. It was almost certainly INI that was responsible. Meanwhile, with the help of some other sharp people here, I learned some critical details about the connection between keto, zinc, and glutamate. And to correct what I said previously, it turned out that my ketone level was never clearly related to my cognitive competence at any given time; the early measurements just randomly happened to support that conclusion, as shown by about 30 pee tests since. So I guess I don't have T3D. And now back to your regular program...

Edited by resveratrol_guy, 24 February 2017 - 01:26 AM.

#3741 mkmossop

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:44 AM

Hey Lostfalco, are you still taking your "god stack"? I just bought some galantamine to try, but have been reading that it shouldn't be taken every day due to tolerance build up. Also it seems like many people don't see cognitive benefits from it and use it for lucid dreaming instead.

Just wondering what your dose is and how often, as well as the benefits you're seeing from it.

#3742 De La Torre

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:21 AM

LLLT is starting to become mainstream...

http://articles.merc..._rid=1902062808

#3743 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:05 PM

Hey Lostfalco, are you still taking your "god stack"? I just bought some galantamine to try, but have been reading that it shouldn't be taken every day due to tolerance build up. Also it seems like many people don't see cognitive benefits from it and use it for lucid dreaming instead.

Just wondering what your dose is and how often, as well as the benefits you're seeing from it.

Hey mkmossop, the god stack was a temporary experiment that tested a certain theory I had. I don't take it every day. 

LLLT is starting to become mainstream...

http://articles.merc..._rid=1902062808

Nice! Mercola actually interviewed Hamblin. Very cool. 

He even linked an 850nm security light in his article. ha  https://www.amazon.c... security light

Edited by lostfalco, 26 February 2017 - 04:28 PM.

#3744 mkmossop

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:19 PM

Ok cool thanks. Still curious about your experience with galantamine though, i.e. dose inc. time of day, and the effects you experienced. I think I'll try huperzine A first because I've read that galantamine can interact indirectly with SSRI's (which I'm on).

#3745 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:22 PM

Ok cool thanks. Still curious about your experience with galantamine though, i.e. dose inc. time of day, and the effects you experienced. I think I'll try huperzine A first because I've read that galantamine can interact indirectly with SSRI's (which I'm on).

I like low dose galantamine in combination with other things. I've talked in greater detail about it in this post. http://www.lostfalco...n-fog-two-step/

Skim through that quickly and let me know if you have any questions. =)

#3746 mkmossop

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:25 PM

I will check that out right now. Thank you my friend.

#3747 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:26 PM

I will check that out right now. Thank you my friend.

You're very welcome!

#3748 prunk

• 227 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

I like low dose galantamine in combination with other things. I've talked in greater detail about it in this post. http://www.lostfalco...n-fog-two-step/

Skim through that quickly and let me know if you have any questions. =)

Have you tried huperzine and if yes, how would you compare it to galantamine?

#3749 lostfalco

• Topic Starter
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:25 PM

Have you tried huperzine and if yes, how would you compare it to galantamine?

I have tried huperzine. I like galantamine better because of its allosteric modulation of A7 receptors but I think both are worth a try to see which one works better for you. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3750 mkmossop

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:50 PM

Do you cycle off galantamine? I've read you build tolerance to it and should cycle.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By