Supplements for >60 years old people

omega calcium gingko

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Andrey_81

• 249 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Hi there.

I would like to buy some supplements for my father who is 60 years old and works all day in the office and he is facing a lot of stress during the day. People at his age usually take omega-3, calcium, magnesium and gingko.

Is there something else that I could buy for him to assure that he will keep his brain, heart and bones in a good condition for many many years :)

Thank you!
Regards

Edited by Andrey_81, 17 May 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#2 cuprous

• 170 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

Great if difficult question to answer.. I don't often see supplementation for the chronologically advanced here and I wonder to what extent it differs from the younger folk. But at any rate, with the usual caveats that I'm not a MD, you might consider adding

- NAC - glutathione levels drop as you age and your liver can shrink up to 40% so giving it a good precursor supply might be beneficial

- Ashwagandha - research it but if he's stressed this might help. As someone who has dealt with anxiety issues I find it a remarkable herb. A capsule once in a while before bed and I'm just smooth sailing the next day.

- Vit D / K2 / C - pretty much staples around here.

- Astaxanthin - Give a bottle a try, it seems to be backed with good evidence.

- And, at your own risk - lots of hoopla around c60oo (that's carbon-60 olive oil).

If his mental health is of any concern then do some reading on ALCAR.

Hope this helps! Also hoping to see some other specific advice for the elderly as I've got a couple of 70+ yr old 'rents myself.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: omega, calcium, gingko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users