* * * * * 1 votes

Muscle twitches after Piracetam use?

piracetam muscle twitches inositol acetylcholine

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 MiltonFine

• 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:59 AM

I tested my blood values for magnesium and potassium deficiencies and the results were fine.

I use an app called MyNetDiary every day now to make sure that I get the daily values of magnesium and potassium, and if it doesn't I use supplements to reach 100%. Unfortunately I havn't found any of these supplements to help with the twitches at all.

Do you lift weights or do you play sports? Powerlifters for example are athletes that require more magnesium in their diets and do not fall into the normal % daily value classification.

Edited by YOLF, 03 June 2016 - 07:23 PM.

#32 tea76

• Topic Starter
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

No, I don't have problems with either muscle weakness or excess exercise either. I live a fairly normal "office" life.

I'm almost totally convinced that these problems arose with the usage of Piracetam. I've also found similar accounts on the Internet from other users, although they seem uncommon.

Sadly, the neurologists were not able to see me as they deemed that my condition wasn't serious enough. I'm waiting for the twitches to reside, but now almost 7 months out they are as active as ever, probably 10 times per minute or more.

I will update here if they disappear.

Edited by YOLF, 03 June 2016 - 07:23 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Sythix

• 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Hey OP,

I too have muscle twitching symptoms that have persisted for well over a year now. I think it may have possibly something to do with my experimentation with Piracetam. I tried every other method of getting rid of these twitches, from exercise and changing my diet (Magnesium and Potassium intake) to vaporizing marijuana and nothing has worked. I have been given all kinds of tests at the Neurologist, EKG, etc and the results were completely normal. I have no problem weight lifting or any muscle aches or pains of the unusual kind at all. The twitches persist through out the day at various parts of my body, all over, constantly day and night. I am now so used to it, it doesn't bother me anymore but when I tune into the feeling it gets worse. I don't know what else to do, the internet has failed me in finding a solution and so have all other health professionals I have been to. :/

#34 montana2012

• 75 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:48 AM

I've had the twitches for about 13 months now, it's most definitely piracetam, don't ever doubt that. My theory is that it induces a brief form of cortical myoclonus ( the very thing it was made to cure). Piracetam modifies the way your brain utilizes acetylcholine, which is responsible for muscle contractions. Taking more piracetam could alleviate it, it's a no-no for me though.

Hope that helps.

Edited by montana2012, 31 May 2014 - 04:49 AM.

#35 fluidity

• 56 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:16 AM

Has anyone else experienced this for an extended period of time like everyone here, or was there just an episode of twitching?

#36 montana2012

• 75 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:55 AM

This is a permanent condition, IMHO.

#37 fluidity

• 56 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:11 AM

What was your source/vendor? Could it have been an impurity in the piracetam?

Along with that how common is this?

#38 montana2012

• 75 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

I am not a medical expert. Brand was Nootropil.

They will become less frequent with time, so it won't bother you that much.

I don't think MSG is the cause.

Edited by montana2012, 03 June 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#39 choco

• 14 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

I have the same issue after six months of regular use. I do not suspect the brand though but rather my extreme dosing at work loaded periods. So I had fasciculations at my elbow and now their frequency is greatly increased. Any way to reduce or roll back the chemical inbalance will be highly appreciated.

#40 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

I also experienced fasciculations after taking piracetam for a couple of months. They went away shortly after I stopped taking it. My doses were not high, 2-7 grams per day, not every day.

#41 dedon

• 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:37 PM

i lowered dose slightly and it went away for me.

#42 montana2012

• 75 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

I have the same issue after six months of regular use. I do not suspect the brand though but rather my extreme dosing at work loaded periods. So I had fasciculations at my elbow and now their frequency is greatly increased. Any way to reduce or roll back the chemical inbalance will be highly appreciated.

I have them for 14 months now, still here. One thing that I believe helped a bit was Centrophenoxine.

Best,

Steve

Edited by montana2012, 07 July 2014 - 08:10 AM.

#43 tea76

• Topic Starter
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

Hi, this is OP here with an update.

I had to create a new account since I lost the password/email to the old one.

It's 18 months out and I'm still experiencing muscle twitches. They haven't resided, if anything I think they've become even worse over time. Now I don't just have involuntary contractions in various isolated muscles (feeling like "bubbles"), but also some involuntary movement in my limbs. My arms, legs, fingers etc will make jumps on occasion.

I'm interested in learning more about my condition. The whole thing is quite depressing, to think that I've modified my brain in a negative way is really weighing on my consciousness.

Edited by YOLF, 03 June 2016 - 07:24 PM.

#44 fluidity

• 56 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

Has anything helped? Like choline or magnesium for example?

Have you also done blood tests to check if you have any deficencies?

#45 tea76

• Topic Starter
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:39 PM

I haven't really tried anything special so I can't say that anything has helped.

I've done blood checks and they have shown no deficiencies. I've also done an EEG that didn't show anything.

I have tried to take a bit of extra magnesium before going to bed a couple of times (although I didn't have a deficiency), but no prolonged tests.

I've decided to take magnesium glycinate before going to bed each night for the next week, to see if it helps.

#46 choco

• 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Symptoms have subsided after cutting cold turkey piracetam & restricting caffeine intake. It takes some weeks though, try to avoid/regulate nerve excitatory substances. 

(      i. Caffeine consumption was an aggravating factor for  me.

ii. Smoking was also triggering mild symptoms at their peak period.      )

Give your body some time, I have also witnessed improvement through physical exercise ( at times where twitches were expected, exercise was reducing them )

Best of luck, have patience ( one month did the work for me )  and avoid pessimism. I believe there is not "permanent imbalance" and sooner or later you will feel better.

Edited by choco, 17 July 2014 - 05:58 PM.

#47 tea76

• Topic Starter
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:38 PM

Time for a quick update.

I have now had problems for three years, muscle twitches after experimenting with Piracetam.

There is no indication that it is ever getting better, if anything I think it's even a bit worse now than before.

I have also experienced significant cognitive problems after Piracetam. I suspect IQ loss although I haven't been able to confirm this. I have however significant problems with my short-term memory. I can go into a room and forget what I was supposed to do there.

All in all, this experience has been really horrible and it changed my life in many negative ways.

I am wondering if there is anything at all that I can do about the fasciculations, and if there are any people who have had "permanent" muscle twitches which subsided after a time, even if it took years?

Edited by YOLF, 03 June 2016 - 07:25 PM.

#48 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:41 PM

it's a weak association

http://factmed.com/s...SCLE SPASMS.php

could be related to glutamate [1] or GABA [2] (both are implicated in tremors or spasms)

from examine.com

"Piracetam may enhance glutamate release from neuronal synapses"

"Piracetam is initially formed via using Gamma-Amino Butyric Acid (GABA) and, after losing a molecule, assuming a cyclical shape.[24] That being said, Piracetam does not appear to interact with GABA receptors."

however it has other redeeming qualities

"Piracetam can interact with phospholipid structures due to having high affinity for the polar head of the phospholipid,[26] which may underlie changes (increases) in membrane fluidity[27] that may act in a therapeutic manner, as it had no apparent benefit to membrane fluidity in otherwise healthy young brain slices (independent of species tested)."

#49 Bonee

• 147 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 01:40 PM

Can you maybe try mega-dosing magnesium and make some feedback if it helps or not? Buy magnesium sulfate (epsom salt) at any pharmacy and consume a whole level teaspoon every day for a week. Dissolve the teaspoon of it in a liter or more water, it should taste like saliva a bit and not bitter. Drink this during the day in small increments, this way it will absorb better and won't cause loose stools. 

Aside from this have you tried any medication for it? Sometimes calcium channel blockers may help, it would worth a try imo.

I've seen somewhere that L-carnitine may help with fasciculitis as well, I think it would worth a try too.

#50 tea76

• Topic Starter
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:44 PM

Can you maybe try mega-dosing magnesium and make some feedback if it helps or not? Buy magnesium sulfate (epsom salt) at any pharmacy and consume a whole level teaspoon every day for a week. Dissolve the teaspoon of it in a liter or more water, it should taste like saliva a bit and not bitter. Drink this during the day in small increments, this way it will absorb better and won't cause loose stools. 

Aside from this have you tried any medication for it? Sometimes calcium channel blockers may help, it would worth a try imo.

I've seen somewhere that L-carnitine may help with fasciculitis as well, I think it would worth a try too.

I purchased a bottle of magnesium a while back (300 mg Magnesium taurate/gluconate per pill). I have taken a supplement of those from time to time, but not to any effect obviously.

TBH I'm a bit scared of the whole "self-medication" thing after burning myself on Piracetam. But I will look into the potential dangers of overdosing Magnesium (if any) and give it a try.

I haven't taken any medication, but I'm considering doing this. My worry is that medication (like antiepileptics) will cause brainfog and make me sluggish. It may however be worth the risk to get rid of the fascilutations, because in truth they are causing me a good deal of stress as a reminder of my failures.

#51 Bonee

• 147 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:42 AM

I purchased a bottle of magnesium a while back (300 mg Magnesium taurate/gluconate per pill). I have taken a supplement of those from time to time, but not to any effect obviously.

TBH I'm a bit scared of the whole "self-medication" thing after burning myself on Piracetam. But I will look into the potential dangers of overdosing Magnesium (if any) and give it a try.

I haven't taken any medication, but I'm considering doing this. My worry is that medication (like antiepileptics) will cause brainfog and make me sluggish. It may however be worth the risk to get rid of the fascilutations, because in truth they are causing me a good deal of stress as a reminder of my failures.

I understand your worries but short term magnesium supplementation is unlikely to cause any issues, the problem with magnesium taurinate/gluconate is that they contain very little elemental magnesium, on the order of 50mg per pill.
on the other hand magnesium sulfate contains a lot more which is why it's more likely to help. Get you doctor to prescribe the calcium channel blocker for it is a blood pressure medication not an antiepileptic with a  favorable side effect profile.
If this thing is really causing you discomfort then you should try out more (not too risky) things IMO, there must be a solution for it. You don't need to self medicate just discuss these things with your doc.

Edited by YOLF, 03 June 2016 - 07:25 PM.

#52 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:17 PM

I've had some muscle twitching after using large doses of Piracetam and after using Phenibut.  Both were noticeably worse if I was sleep deprived.  However, in both cases the twitching resolved itself rather quickly after cessation of both substances.

#53 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:08 AM

I found out from a friend who survived an opiate overdose that this is called myoclonus.

NMDA and AMPA activity appear to play a role in its onset, perhaps precipitated by the accumulation of excitatory metabolites.

#54 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:21 PM

I'd like to really delve into this further. It seems to me like Piracetam caused a sort of peripheral short circuit. Think of it like PTSD. Emotions are stored in our peripheral nerves - our bodies being like the hard drive for the brain stem. When a traumatic incident happens, your body remembers it and keeps those emotions stored as potential energy, like capacitors or batteries in a circuit.

This correlates quite well. In fact, it lines up with what the doctor has said... this being psychosomatic. Sure kainate receptor and muscarinic receptor agonism can cause excitotoxicity enough to cause twitching but just knowing or believing that doesn't help the problem.

What you need is a neuroplastic exercise to help you through this twitching. That's what I'm calling it... But it's really just therapy. Works the same way. Pick your poison: CBT, EFT, NLP, acupuncture, massage therapy, music therapy, learning a difficult sport, finding a new religion, etc.

What I need are two lists: one that makes the twitching worse, one that seems to make it better. I need everything from day of the week, year, month, weather, physical activity, mental activity, social activity down to your diet, supplementation, hydration habits, and sleep.

Help us help you.

If nothing seems to affect it, list that stuff anyway. Maybe there will be a red flag no one has considered. Hide nothing. This stuff is anonymous, so you'll just be hurting yourself and frustrating everyone else by holding back.

The fact that it's getting worse is a sign that you are somehow reinforcing the twitches, as bizarre as that sounds. Some type of residual stressor, whether the anxiety of this or another thing linked to it, has caused this to never go away, so your nervous system can't let go and is no longer resilient, bouncing back. Something is broken, but it is so familiar, it's become your new normal. That's why I think you need some type of learning and rejuvenating experience - sort of naturally release that built up tension and jumpstart the healing process and become plastic again.

Neuroplasticity works both ways, so I'm not surprised that a drug known for enhancing neuroplasticity helped you achieve a new normal. Let's push reset. If people with a fraction of their optic nerve can regain balance after drugs destroyed it, you can gain your freedom from twitches.

Edited by devinthayer, 17 May 2016 - 09:53 PM.

• like x 1

#55 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:24 PM

Bruh, welcome back!!
  • like x 1

#56 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:47 AM

Bruh, welcome back!!

Thanks!  Forums can be quite the time sucker.  Worse than email and blogging put together.  Had to give it up for a while.

I just couldn't let this poor guy suffer any longer.  I've suffered through and reverted vertigo and tinnitus, both strange neurological impairments from medications I was taking (from the doc), could have been permanent.  The tinnitus went away when I stopped taking Bupropion early.  Vertigo still occurred a little after taking Selegiline and then again after Memantine.  I stave it off with Huperzine A and Ashwagandha, and that's works 95% even without taking the supplements now.  The vertigo still comes back when I don't get enough sleep, but it's a rare occurrence.  It's one of those things that if you catch your balance, you can shake the whole feeling off with will power.  Psychosomatic to a degree.

I see a correlation here.  However, rather than tinnitus or vertigo, it's more like Tardive Dyskinesia/Dystonia from antipsychotics.  Not saying that's what's happened here, but I will say that it's the closest regular occurrence to this type of phenomenon.  There is mention of someone curing this with acupuncture, which like EFT are typically used to treat tension, stress, or other types of "nervous energy".  Then I realized the correlation between emotional stress and physical manifestations and how the eye twitching symptom of dystonia could be residual stress.

Admittedly, this is Black Dynamite logic.  For those of you who haven't seen the movie or cartoon, it's logic from a series of rabbit trails and makes you go... where did we start again?  Oh yeah... twitching... Piracetam...

I get twitches too.  I get them from caffeine and lack of sleep... also Siberian Ginseng and regular Ginseng.  Ginseng gave me the exact issue you describe with the bubbles.  Embarrassing when you're talking to someone and your man parts start twitching.  I even got them today (not so embarassingly), but when they went away with a handful of almonds (high in magnesium), I realized we don't have the same problem.  Point is, I'm familiar with them.  I remember one time I watched and focused on my thumb until it twitched, pretending I was going to move my thumb until it started flipping out with twitches.  This is a repeatable experiment with the right dose of caffeine.  This also makes me think that it is psychosomatic... if focused twitching can be induced by anticipation of a focused region, then perhaps general anticipation can cause random twitches.

Here's my point.  The body can heal, and the brain can change itself.  When it is not doing it by itself and the doctors won't throw everything they got at it, you have to beat it with faith and will power.  Belief is a powerful force, stronger than a drug, if only for a moment at times, but very real and very powerful.  It kickstarts the healing process, extends the life of critical patients, keeps the elderly alive via delivering purpose, and some would say reaches beyond any (known) science at times.  That's not Black Dynamite logic.  That's anecdotal science.

Sure drugs could help, and I honestly would have gone that route.  I'd throw everything I could find at the problem, starting with barbiturates which are known to help dystonia.  It's pretty easy to twist the arm of a doctor.  Make an appointment, print out a bunch of medical studies supporting your theories, then ask for the medication and state your utmost compliance and what you'll do if this and that.  Not only does the doctor feel a bit undermined but now realizes that you can go to any doctor with half a brain with this information and make the same ask... which might lose you as a client.  It only works if you are honest and adamant.

The point with the barbiturates would be to help set that new normal I was talking about.  Take the drugs, go learn a new sport, a new science, a new hobby and find that normative, then back off the drugs and trust in the routines.  I'd try anything.  Sounds crazy, but so is twitching 10x a minute... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by devinthayer, 18 May 2016 - 04:21 AM.

• like x 1

#57 Hotforpips

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:38 AM

Just quickly scanned through the thread so apologies if I missed it, did your blood test include serum B12 level?

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

#58 tea76

• Topic Starter
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:44 PM

Sorry for the late reply! I have now activated notifications from Longecity.  ;)

Just quickly scanned through the thread so apologies if I missed it, did your blood test include serum B12 level?

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

No, I don't think a serum B12 test was done.
I have however done a Cobalamin test in the past (I think that's the same as B12?), with good values.
I also supplement with a multivitamin since at least a year back that contains 120 % RDI.

I'd like to really delve into this further. It seems to me like Piracetam caused a sort of peripheral short circuit. Think of it like PTSD. Emotions are stored in our peripheral nerves - our bodies being like the hard drive for the brain stem. When a traumatic incident happens, your body remembers it and keeps those emotions stored as potential energy, like capacitors or batteries in a circuit.

This correlates quite well. In fact, it lines up with what the doctor has said... this being psychosomatic. Sure kainate receptor and muscarinic receptor agonism can cause excitotoxicity enough to cause twitching but just knowing or believing that doesn't help the problem.

What you need is a neuroplastic exercise to help you through this twitching. That's what I'm calling it... But it's really just therapy. Works the same way. Pick your poison: CBT, EFT, NLP, acupuncture, massage therapy, music therapy, learning a difficult sport, finding a new religion, etc.

What I need are two lists: one that makes the twitching worse, one that seems to make it better. I need everything from day of the week, year, month, weather, physical activity, mental activity, social activity down to your diet, supplementation, hydration habits, and sleep.

Help us help you.

If nothing seems to affect it, list that stuff anyway. Maybe there will be a red flag no one has considered. Hide nothing. This stuff is anonymous, so you'll just be hurting yourself and frustrating everyone else by holding back.

The fact that it's getting worse is a sign that you are somehow reinforcing the twitches, as bizarre as that sounds. Some type of residual stressor, whether the anxiety of this or another thing linked to it, has caused this to never go away, so your nervous system can't let go and is no longer resilient, bouncing back. Something is broken, but it is so familiar, it's become your new normal. That's why I think you need some type of learning and rejuvenating experience - sort of naturally release that built up tension and jumpstart the healing process and become plastic again.

Neuroplasticity works both ways, so I'm not surprised that a drug known for enhancing neuroplasticity helped you achieve a new normal. Let's push reset. If people with a fraction of their optic nerve can regain balance after drugs destroyed it, you can gain your freedom from twitches.

@devinthayer

Thanks for caring about this issue. It has really weighed a lot on me, because it feels like I have destroyed something in my body, and caused problems for myself that never existed before. Also, I do feel cognitively worse off these days – but I can't say 100 % that it's due to the Piracetam.

I don't think that the "traumatic incident" had very much to do with me getting these twitches (fasciculations). Although it is a strange coincidence that I noticed my first twitches in my eye after that, it was only after a good few weeks (closer to a month or more) that I noticed that I had fasciculations all over my body.
I have been in some nasty situations before, and I don't have a very anxious personality, so I would be very surprised if the trauma had a major impact. Still, we can't write that theory off. Perhaps it could be true that Piracetam increased neuroplasticity and created "a new normal" – but does it really increase neuroplasticity that much?

During the last few years after taking Piracetam, I have been through some crazy stuff, followed by some calmer times. But surprisingly, the fasciculations have been quite constant during all this time. I can't say that any life event, good or bad, has affected them in any noticeable way!

A) I was in a BPD relationship for close to a year which was living hell. This was one year after taking Piracetam.
B) I had a seizure during the same time period while taking a quite hot bath. I was prescribed with an antiepileptic for this.
C) After that hellish year, I started taking pretty good care of myself by getting enough sleep, good nutrition and meditating.

TBH I think the fasciculations have been pretty much as frequent and intense throughout both a hellish year and 2-3 "calm" ones. Perhaps it's a bit worse today than when I started the OP, but it feels like most of that happened after the years following the BPD relationship. It was very intense and crazy, but during that time I didn't notice an increase in fasciculations.

However, a while after the BPD relationship, I noticed that I had developed involuntary movements in larger limbs (feet, hands, fingers, torso) that aren't fasciculations. Fasciculations seem to come entirely from the autonomic nervous system and I can have them in the weirdest places. The "larger limb movements" feel more voluntary – even if they aren't – and I think they are a result of stored tension that I now can't get rid of, even though I'm calm and resting. I definitely don't think that I would have developed these limb movements, had it not been for both the Piracetam fasciculations which already caused psychological stress – and was then amplified by the BDP relationship.

After getting the bath seizure, I was prescribed with an antiepileptic for one year. It did not make the twitches go away (nor was it really intended for that purpose). I had child epilepsy which last was active many, many years ago – to the degree that I was proclaimed epilepsy-free. It may be that it has been resting during all these years. Maybe because I had that condition in the past, Piracetam woke alive something that it shouldn't. TBH I had almost forgotten about my epilepsy, so when I decided to take Piracetam that wasn't something that I reflected on. But in hindsight it may have been very stupid.

When it comes to the short-term, I haven't noticed that anything like meditation or exercise makes the twitches go away. I think I have them even when sleeping – if I wake in the middle of the night with a low heart rate, I still have them.
I take pretty good care of myself through meditation and having a good daily routine, but I don't exercise more than occasionally atm (intending to start frequently this summer). Stress/adrenaline etc can however make twitches become a bit worse in my face area with lingering nerve twitches. Things like lots of caffeine, stress, can start these lingering extraneous twitches, but they usually reside after after a few minutes. My belief is that stress adds an iced layer on the cake, but doesn't contribute much to "twitch baseline" – the twitches are always ongoing and very autonomous.

So yeah, there are definitely some potential psychological components here – as are there potentially neurological ones. I'm still quite sad and hopeless after the BPD relationship, but I went to CBT and EMDR therapy for a while and that helped me getting to terms with what had happened. I wouldn't say that I'm seriously depressed, but I am unhappy. I personally believe that the psychological impacts may have amplified the physical/neurological ones – but I don't think it's "entirely in my mind" so to speak. I have been a pretty self-composed person in the past and I have always had pretty good nerves. In the end, I think the Piracetam is definitely responsible to a high degree, and that's corroborated by other anecdotes by people on the internet describing how they also developed twitches.

I am however grateful for your advice and I do honestly believe that I need a "reset" in life. Exercise is definitely the most lacking part right now, and I am considering trying to get any supplement and/or medication help I can get from my doc and trusted sources.

Edited by YOLF, 03 June 2016 - 07:26 PM.

#59 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:55 PM

This is a fairly common side effect of piracetam, according to Mental Health Daily:

Muscle spasms: Don’t be surprised if after taking piracetam, you notice that your muscles spasm or twitch uncontrollably.  Should you notice any spasms or twitching, realize that they’re likely a result of the piracetam.  Piracetam is thought to use up acetylcholine stores, possibly reorganizing cholinergic systems throughout the brain and body.

There have been reports of ongoing muscle twitching and spasms that remained long after piracetam discontinuation.  While in most cases, optimizing acetylcholine levels after cessation of piracetam should mitigate spasms, acetylcholine may not be the only mechanism by which these spasms are caused.  It is possible that phospholipid metabolism modulation within brain tissue as a result of piracetam may elicit both hyperkinesia and spasms.

http://mentalhealthd...reactions-list/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:14 PM

Should have knoen acetylcholine was the culprit. The next question is what about piracetam, as opposed to other racetams, causes this persisting problem?

Acetylcholinerase inhibitors are first line treatment in motor or autoimmune diseases, such as Grave's or ALS or diabetic neuropathy, where antibodues attack peripheral synapses and acetylcholine helps maintain.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, muscle twitches, inositol, acetylcholine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users