Muscle twitches after Piracetam use?

piracetam muscle twitches inositol acetylcholine

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:34 AM

Tea76, first off thank you so much for explaining everything in more detail. The fact that stress and caffeine make them worse suggests that your nervousness system is strained. Perhaps Piracetam induced some sort of phospholipid synthesis which in turn upset the efficiency of your nervous system, or perhaps your nervous system just took a beating and is suffering through some mitochondrial damage. I vote for damaged.

Apart from supplements, a moderate to heavy daily cardiovascular routine mixed with an every other day weight lifting routine will inspire nerve recovery. And if you are open to supplements, I recommend Ashwagandha (Sensoril double dose, KSM-66 triple dose) twice a day - once in the morning, once in the early afternoon. Ashwagandha has an effect on raising levels of neurotransmitters, reducing inflammation, boosting the immune system, and most importantly, inspiring neurogenic repair via a GDNF receptor, RET. Furthermore, magnesium is definitely going to be beneficial to you long term. You need to consider mega dosing it until you find an effect.

Lastly, it has been my recent experience that supplementation with acetyl-L-carnitine (ALCAR) and alpha lipoic acid (ALA) have reduced my eye twitches. Interestingly, peppermint increases them. Menthol upregulates muscarinic receptors. ALCAR/ALA are mitochondrial antioxidants and enhancers, plus it was possible I was over methylated. There are other explanations...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by YOLF, 03 June 2016 - 07:27 PM.

#62 tea76

• Topic Starter
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:52 AM

I just had a thought on why I suspect that the fasciculations have been getting worse the last few months.

In February, I switched to a ovo-lacto-vegetarian diet (i.e. non-meat except eggs and milk). I believe that choline is mainly sourced from animal products like meat.

I haven't been taking any choline supplements since experimenting with Piracetam 3.5 years ago, so if I had a choline deficiency amplifying the twitches that would make sense.

However, in a previous post in this thread, a poster said that excess choline could be causing the twitches. So it may be the other way around.

I ordered a bottle of Citicoline (CDP-Choline) with 250 mg pills, just in case. Last night I tried taking a pill a few hours before bed, and I actually think I had less twitches than normal that evening. But it may also be completely random, so I will have to experiment more in order to be able to draw any conclusion whatsoever.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 tea76

• Topic Starter
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:26 AM

Apart from supplements, a moderate to heavy daily cardiovascular routine mixed with an every other day weight lifting routine will inspire nerve recovery. And if you are open to supplements, I recommend Ashwagandha (Sensoril double dose, KSM-66 triple dose) twice a day - once in the morning, once in the early afternoon. Ashwagandha has an effect on raising levels of neurotransmitters, reducing inflammation, boosting the immune system, and most importantly, inspiring neurogenic repair via a GDNF receptor, RET. Furthermore, magnesium is definitely going to be beneficial to you long term. You need to consider mega dosing it until you find an effect.

@devinthayer What brand of Ashwagandha (or Sensoril extract?) is advisable?

Edited by tea76, 04 June 2016 - 11:28 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#64 user2222

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:55 AM

Hello, I just saw your post, which is very similar to the one I just opened ..:

Firstly sorry for my poor English ... In December 2017, I started taking Piracetam. I quietly increased the dose, never high doses. In January, under the effect of energy on piracetam, I went jogging, which is not usual for me. A few days later, I began to feel a great discomfort, which got worse day by day. I had to go to the emergency : extreme fatigue, spasms, fasciculations, neurological pain, vertigo, coordination problem. It's been a year now, I have never taken a nootropic since. My condition has slowly improved since then, but I'm still sick: intense fatigue, fasciculations in all my body and neurological pain persist ... I also noticed that I am now hypersensitive to monosodium glutamate and Aspartame, which greatly worsens my condition, especially the fasciculations. I consulted a neurologist: my MRI is normal, so he thought it was caused by anxiety and did not ask for EMG. However, I have never had a problem of this kind and it really appeared in connection with piracetam. I am very worried about having caused irreversible damage to the nervous system ... I have the impression of having ruined my life ... My quality of life is very poor now, I have difficulty working, I am almost always in bed .... 

I'm sorry to read that you also live this situation. How are you, several years after your message? Have your symptoms evolved?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, muscle twitches, inositol, acetylcholine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users