- - - - -

phosphatidylserine for insomnia

phosphatidylserine

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

just wanted to get this out there, i've struggled with insomnia for years and tried lots of drugs and supps, phosphatidylserine is the only thing that's really helped without being addictive. helps if you have trouble waking/getting up in the morning too. The trick is to take it a few hours before you go to bed, its not a sedative per se it just allows you to go to sleep rather than think about shit all night.

#2 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

Would make sense if your cortisol rhythm is out of whack.

Edited by Thorsten2, 11 June 2013 - 02:37 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

yeah i definitely think thats why it works.

#4 Tom_

• 1,120 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

If your circadian rhythm is out of wake you can get in back to normal 99 x of 100 with ease
  • dislike x 1

#5 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

How does one do that Tom?

#6 Tom_

• 1,120 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

'Tis a little expensive but should also have antidepressive and energing effects in the morning. I'm talking about bright light therapy.

They tend to make the changes quite fast so I would spend about a week on each stage. Using melatonin for this is a must. Taking a ver small amount 0.3-1mg at around 5 hours before you plan to go to bed and 2-5mg at bed time. AND REMEMBER SLEEP HYGINE!

http://www.philips.c...ian/178344/cat/

#7 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

For high cortisol issues in the night, phosphatidylserine is good, you can try zinc as well just before sleeping, choline, melatonin, etc...
Alternative therapies such as light therapy will show good results as well.
But I will reiterate what Tom said, sleep hygiene is a must and that means having a regular sleeping schedule and sleeping no later than 10-11PM, after that your cortisol levels will go out of whack and this will inevitably cause insomnia.
Most of the regenerative processes occur between 10PM and 2 AM.
Also remove bad habits such as caffeine which pumps out cortisol from your adrenals, limit alcohol intake, one glasse of red wine a day is fine but no more.

Edited by renfr, 12 June 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#8 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

Yeah i agree sleep hygiene is key, along with a structured, active daily routine. Unfortunately maintaining such things is part of my "problem". If i'm sleeping well i find it easier to maintain a productive routine and vice versa. I dunno what the fuck i have but it feels like an endogenous heroin addiction, sometimes i can get things done and feel ok and other times its just like every cell in my body is being starved and just existing is too much to handle.The problem is it doesn't run on a schedule, at least with an exogenous opiate addiction you can control when your in what state to some extent.

#9 macropsia

• 97 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

Have you thought about dietary factors? Even if you eat well, it could be that you are reacting to something in such a way that it is interfering with the absorption of nutrients. Just a thought.

#10 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

Thanks yeah i have considered that, and have tried elimination diets to juice fasts with only moderate effects. I have quite a good diet as it is, i eat almost no sugar, very little fat and rarely eat anything with more than a few ingredients. I found years ago through an elimination diet that sugar exacerbated my condition

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#11 KoolK3n

• 253 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

What dosage routine are you on? Has it helped any ADHD like symptoms? I plan on starting a high dose of PS at 400mg split in two doses.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phosphatidylserine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users