* * * * * 1 votes

Rooibos Tea Significantly Increases SOD levels

sod dna rooibos

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:14 PM

You'll most likely revert back to whatever your initial baseline level of cortisol was.

I'm thinking like with testosterone; even when you stop taking it you usually, eventually revert back to baseline.  But there's that part where estrogen levels are unbalanced, which makes me think if you're blocking something and then you quit blocking it, you might have a lot more of it after changing.

#32 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:05 PM

Ignore - posting error!!

Edited by sativa, 26 August 2016 - 02:11 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 TerryFirmer

• 64 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has any additional thoughts on Rooibos tea?

I drank one cup every day for years until I read that it contains more fluoride than normal black tea.

http://www.herbalpedia.com/blog/?p=106

"It is caffeine-free but has a higher fluoride content than oriental tea"

I've yet to find a reliable quantitative source for this oft-repeated 'fact' (anyone?), but being slightly hypothyroid I'm unwilling to take the risk. It's a pity because I really like Rooibos.

#34 vader

• 243 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:44 PM

In huge doses (10 - 20 tea bags/day) has without a doubt a very strong pro-libido / desire effect.

#35 truboy

• 178 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:17 AM

In huge doses (10 - 20 tea bags/day) has without a doubt a very strong pro-libido / desire effect.

Will try it, thanks for report.

#36 Pirateer

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:58 AM

Howdy,

I'm a new member so can't post links, but I read a study that suggested Red Rooibos lowers SOD whilst Green Rooibos raises it. Also an extract of Rooibos raised SOD also. The name of the study is: "Effects of Consumption of Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis) and a Rooibos-Derived Commercial Supplement on Hepatic Tissue Injury by tert-Butyl Hydroperoxide in Wistar Rats."

Also regards to Fluoride there is a study entitled: "Assessment of fluoride concentration and daily intake by human from tea and herbal infusions" which apparently compares Rooibos to Camellia tea. I can't seem to access the full report however to have a look but according to the Superfoodly article named "Rooibos Tea Benefits & African Journey To Find Best Tasting" which provided the link to the study, Fluoride content of Rooibos is 0.1mg/L. This is close to a good young white tea and much lower than Green and Black tea.

I'm fairly sure it would be in the form of Calcium Fluoride which is mostly insoluble in the body, but if you are concerned you can add a small amount of Calcium Chloride to any liquid and it will turn any Fluoride present into Calcium Fluoride, thereby precipitating it out of solution. Don't think it works for Fluorosilicic Acid but that's man-made anyway so doubt you'd find it in nature except as a result of environmental pollution.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#37 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:45 PM

Howdy,

I'm a new member so can't post links, but I read a study that suggested Red Rooibos lowers SOD whilst Green Rooibos raises it. Also an extract of Rooibos raised SOD also. The name of the study is: "Effects of Consumption of Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis) and a Rooibos-Derived Commercial Supplement on Hepatic Tissue Injury by tert-Butyl Hydroperoxide in Wistar Rats."

Also regards to Fluoride there is a study entitled: "Assessment of fluoride concentration and daily intake by human from tea and herbal infusions" which apparently compares Rooibos to Camellia tea. I can't seem to access the full report however to have a look but according to the Superfoodly article named "Rooibos Tea Benefits & African Journey To Find Best Tasting" which provided the link to the study, Fluoride content of Rooibos is 0.1mg/L. This is close to a good young white tea and much lower than Green and Black tea.

"Effects of Consumption of Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis) and a Rooibos-Derived Commercial Supplement on Hepatic Tissue Injury by tert-Butyl Hydroperoxide in Wistar Rats."

https://www.hindawi....cl/2014/716832/

FULL TEXT:

Attached Files

• like x 1

#38 Pirateer

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:55 AM

"Effects of Consumption of Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis) and a Rooibos-Derived Commercial Supplement on Hepatic Tissue Injury by tert-Butyl Hydroperoxide in Wistar Rats."

https://www.hindawi....cl/2014/716832/

FULL TEXT:

Ah cool thanks APBT. That pdf especially is all kinds of awesome. Makes a good case to keep a supply of Calcium Chloride around if you want to drink regular tea.

#39 Rosanna

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:54 AM

I must drink tons of rooibos every day because I was advised not to have caffeine (I get heart skips, although I don't think caffeine does it, more likely hormonal changes each month).

Not sure I like the idea that I might be lowering my testosterone levels though, especially as that is linked to problems later on for females during the menopause....I might vary things a bit more, lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sod, dna, rooibos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users