• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Methylene Blue, buy anywhere? (MB retailer)

methylene blue mb retailer methylene blue buy

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 the_apollo

• 153 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

Since the normal dosage of methylene blue is only 60 microgram (mcg) for nootropic usage,
i wonder; where can one buy methylene blue?

Also; is there tablets pre-finished dosages or is there there only powder or liquid methylene blue for sale?

#2 3AlarmLampscooter

• 352 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

I buy reagent grade stuff off ebay, cheap as heck. And I've found 60ug to do basically nothing, but clear effects at 100-200. It also turns your urine green (if otherwise yellow) or light blue (if otherwise clear) at this dose.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Joe Cohen

• 156 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

I just made a post about where to buy it and how to use it
http://selfhacked.co...itive-enhancer/
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Informative x 1

#4 peterf

• 16 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

I just made a post about where to buy it and how to use it
http://selfhacked.co...itive-enhancer/

thanks
  • unsure x 1
  • Informative x 1

#5 axonopathy

• Guest Social Engineering Spammer
  • 69 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:35 AM

After exhaustive research, Niles on ebay who is well respected in the nootropic community and http://bluebrainboost.comseem to be the best sources of methylene blue. I've ordered from both sources and plan to test them for purity using gas chromatography.

• like x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1

#6 Steve Schaeffer

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:22 AM

Looking forward to your next post.

#7 axonopathy

• 69 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:49 AM

Looking forward to your next post.

Hi Steve,

My apologies for not being transparent about my affiliation with BBB. 

I am in the process of getting both the USP/pharma grade methylene blue I obtained from fisher scientific and Niles' pharma grade methylene blue on ebay independently tested for purity and contaminants. Niles has an excellent reputation so I'm fairly confident his stuff is high quality. Niles' pharma grade MB can be found here.  Though this proves almost nothing, I have personally ingested his MB at the 10mg dose with no ill effects, for what it's worth. 

If you're interested, please see the certificate of analysis (COA) for the USP/pharma grade methylene blue I purchased from fisher (and am now selling at http://bluebrainboost.com).

If you want to bypass the middleman, I suggest purchasing methylene blue directly from fisher scientific. 

• Informative x 2

#8 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:20 PM

Is anyone having real effects (non-placebo) from sub-milligram doses of MB?  I tend to doubt it, since the 60ug dose was a hypothetical estimate based on a complete misunderstanding of pharmacology.  Colored liquids are the most placebo-genic things on Earth.   60 milligrams (one thousand times as much as the "nootropic dose") might do something.  That's close to the dose used by TauRx in Alzheimer's trials.

#9 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:28 PM

My illness is really beginning to affect me now. I'm sorry but how does one measure the correct amount of methylene blue?

#10 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:49 PM

Am I right in thinking 60 drops 3 times a day?

#11 axonopathy

• 69 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2015 - 12:24 AM

My illness is really beginning to affect me now. I'm sorry but how does one measure the correct amount of methylene blue?

Here is how I would do it:

1. dissolve 1 gram of methylene blue (MB) anhydrous (powder) in 100 mL of distilled water (final concentration = 10 mg  MB/1 mL)
  2. to prepare and administer a dose of 10mg MB to yourself daily, add 20 drops (or 1 mL) of your 10 mg/mL solution to a glass of water or a smoothie
  3. note: 20 drops corresponds to 1 mL, because the approximate volume of each drop is 0.05 mL

If you're interested in my rational behind the ~10 mg dose, read this article: http://www.brainprot...-underpinnings/

(Disclaimer: I wrote the above article. If you find self-promotion offensive, I beg you not to click! I trust that the mods will delete the link if the info in the article is deemed unhelpful or irrelevant.) 

Edited by rnapolymerase, 16 May 2015 - 12:30 AM.

• Informative x 1

#12 axonopathy

• 69 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2015 - 12:39 AM

Is anyone having real effects (non-placebo) from sub-milligram doses of MB?  I tend to doubt it, since the 60ug dose was a hypothetical estimate based on a complete misunderstanding of pharmacology.  Colored liquids are the most placebo-genic things on Earth.   60 milligrams (one thousand times as much as the "nootropic dose") might do something.  That's close to the dose used by TauRx in Alzheimer's trials.

I should clarify why I believe that a ~10mg is an appropriate dose of methylene blue in humans. The average therapeutic dose used in animal models is about ~2mg/kg. To convert this dose to make it appropriate for humans, we need to adjust for the difference in surface area between rodents and humans. We can roughly approximate the conversion by multiplying the 2mg/kg value by 3/37. If the average weight of an adult is 70kg, we obtain:

(2mg MB/kg)*(3/37)*70kg =  ~11.5 mg = ~10mg.

The difficulty with Methylene Blue is the hormetic, inverted U-shape dose-response curve where low dose MB enhances mitochondrial function and high dose MB actually impairs mitochondrial bioenergetics. Hence, dosing on the lower end of the spectrum is better, so long you are at least in the milligram range.  

In the Rember trial, TauRx actually compared the cohort of patients given the low dose of MB to the cohort given a higher dose, reasoning that the high-dose group would be the perfect placebo group because the patients would actually be ingesting methylene blue (making for a convincing placebo), just at the higher dose which is ineffective--or possibly even slightly deleterious.

Edited by rnapolymerase, 16 May 2015 - 12:40 AM.

#13 Joe Cohen

• 156 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:04 AM

@niner

60ug definitely works.  It's not super strong, but it's strong enough that it's not a placebo.

• Needs references x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#14 ClarkSims

• Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:15 PM

I take so many anti oxidants, it is hard to differentiate the effects of one from another. If I just quit cold turkey for several days, I definitely feel the loss.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: methylene blue, mb retailer, methylene blue buy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users