* * * * * 4 votes

Mifepristone for Depression & HPA axis Dysfunction

hpa axis mifepristone

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#121 YimYam

• 135 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:54 PM

What kind of data are you expecting me to provide? It's based on symptomology. I've seen a neurologist, had an MRI, nothing was shown and that was that. Do you have a recommendation of how i could better describe things? I appreciate your direct way of speaking btw.

#122 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:43 PM

What kind of data are you expecting me to provide? It's based on symptomology. I've seen a neurologist, had an MRI, nothing was shown and that was that. Do you have a recommendation of how i could better describe things? I appreciate your direct way of speaking btw.

Cortisol figures.  ACTH figures.  Some stress related hormone that shows pathological disturbance.  COMPUTEthis had persistently depressed cortisol figures.  You can see that in earlier comments in this thread.

Go to your GP or whoever is managing your health situation and ask to talk to an endocrinologist.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 Joe Monroe

• 75 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:17 AM

.. as much as I had hoped this would help, for me personally it didn't. Now let me just say that MOST drugs I try I have an adverse reaction to so.. I think people should try it for themselves... because I know it has the potential to be therapeutic as it seems to have helped "compute this" and there's studies supporting it's positive effects, but for me it mostly just made my sleep off and just put me in a bad mood. I still have plenty left over. 

While I'm pretty disappointed I'll keep looking for an answer... 

Thanks for the update.  I have to say, I don't think it's very surprising that it didn't work.  This drug is meant for people who are hypercortisolism in nature.  I think a lot of COMPUTE's benefit came from the progesterone antagonistic effects, not just the cortisol/GR reset capability.

The thing is that there's studies where it's positive effects in those with ptsd which is often hypocortisol response it has been reversed, and other studies like this one http://journals.plos...al.pone.0046224show that a single day treatment has the potential to reverse hippocampal cell proliferation, I just honestly didn't feel like explaining to  you earlier cuz felt like you hadn't actually read through the thread at all, no offense.

But I still do believe that there's potential for it being a therapeutic agent for those with hyper OR hypo hpa axis dysfunction. 

#124 Joe Monroe

• 75 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

Hi guys,

Prophets, as you know from reading my latest thread my issues are quite bizarre.

I very clearly have HPA dysregulation of some kind, but due to severe cognitive issues trying to investigate treatments and find the etiology of my issues along with being able to accurately measure how positively or negatively a drug is affecting me is nigh on impossible; my brain is just completely inactive and unable to quantify my symptoms due to them constantly changing in severerity. So the bottom line is I need a cognitive lift before I can start self experimenting and investigating treatments for my HPA dysregulation.

I really don't want to hijack this amazing thread so if anyone is able to offer some advice for cognitive treatment as a first port of call I'd be ever so grateful. So far I have bought some NSI-189 and plan to buy some Tianeptine sulphate for my cognition but also read here it could help a bit with HPA.

What I would like to know is if they would have an effect on my cognition if my HPA axis is constantly activated or would I have to control my HPA axis first? (Best to provide an answer in my thread, if you have one of of course.. :) ) Thankyou and keep up the good work on this thread guys.

My thread: http://www.longecity...gaba-gone-gaga/

I honestly do think that mifepristone can help people... will it help you ? I'm not sure. I just felt like I should provide my own personal experience with it. But like I said I've used a plethora of supplements/ drugs that SHOULD HAVE helped/ had little to no side effects or that adverse reactions so take my experience with  a grain of salt. 

• like x 1

#125 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:32 PM

@Joe Monroe

I´ve stumbled upon an article where the implication of Glutamate with fatigue were mentioned.

Have You tried something that activates or deactivates glutamate like: Sarcosine, Acetylcysteine, Acetylcarnitine ?

Actually I´m just trouble shooting and asking out of curiousity but what if its not related to the HPA-axis or Cortisol ?

Edited by Flex, 07 April 2015 - 11:39 PM.

#126 Joe Monroe

• 75 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

hmm I have heard of sarcosine, and have thought about trying it, not sure where to get it. 

Yeah... I'm thinking possibly hpa axis dysfunction is a secondary response to a disease state. Right now I'm really looking into mthfr and the methylation cycle (which is basically involved in your body's ability to detoxify/repair). I recently got my dna tested through 23andme, I have a heterozygous mutation on one of the methylation genes.. and a few other mutations on other detoxification pathways. 

I dunno it's confusing, and sucky not knowing exactly what to do to get better. 

#127 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:00 PM

I suggested it because indirect NMDA activation via Sarcosine activates the mesocortical pathway and could therefore increase motivation, mood & etc

it was  for negative symptoms in schizophrenia

Two grams of sarcosine in schizophrenia – is it too much? A potential role of glutamate-serotonin interaction

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3921092/

A bodybuilding supplement contains it:

Testforce 2 or

http://www.smartpowd...hylglycine.html

(be careful with tesforce 2 in regards of glutamate overstimulation !)

As said it was just a thought

I´m playing with the thought to do a test as well but to test epigenetic alterations like this:

Blood microRNA changes in depressed patients during antidepressant treatment.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22925464

DNA methylation profiles of the brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) gene as a potent diagnostic biomarker in major depression.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....ubmed/21912609/

Altough its not that easy:

While increased methylation has traditionally been associated with decreased gene expression, this seems to be restricted to certain promoter elements.

In regulatory regions, the directionality depends on whether enhancers or repressors bind to the affected sequence.

Since DNA methylation decreases binding of transcriptional regulators19,46,47 this can lead to both increased and decreased gene expression.46-48

Epigenetic alterations in depression and antidepressant treatment

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC4214180/

Because my Depressioin appeared through the usage of Ethylphenidate, I suppose that something Epigenetically has changed.

If its the case, then it could be as long lasting as cocaine addiction and perhaps PSSD ( more than 8 Years or even more) 

but I have no clue where to make this, whether its the right test for me nor the costs..

• like x 1

#128 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:28 PM

We have a couple longecity members interested in doing a small group buy of "mifepristone". Doses are 1.2g a day. Clinical trials have been short like 7 days long and have shown lasting effects anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months after stopping the drug. Trials have shown it is worth while studying it further at higher doses and in larger groups for depression, bipolar and HTPA axis dysregulation.

We are willing to give a share free to anyone that is able to get the mifepristones purity analyzed.

• like x 2

#129 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:00 PM

Anyone have any ideas how to get an analysis affordably?

Or any experiences of ppl who have tried mifepristone?

#130 YimYam

• 135 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:30 PM

It would be great to find out how many members of this forum are trying to normalise their HPA dysfunction? It would make sense to make a private group or forum, where we can cohesively share and discuss ideas/solutions to help tackle this complex issue, from potential drug treatments, group buys to lifestyle choices etc etc 

Drop a message here or PM me to make yourself known, so I can make a private "HPA Dysfunction" group to get the ball rolling. :)

• like x 1

#131 YimYam

• 135 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:17 AM

bump :)

#132 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:16 AM

I have an order coming soon of mifepristone, within 2 weeks, I have 2 lots of 20g if anyone is interested. Has been clinically tested for psychotic depression, bipolar and hpa axis dysregulation. It is being offered at cost which I fronted, I am not trying to persuade anyone so do your own research.

#133 YimYam

• 135 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:04 PM

I would like 10g please :)

#134 Mad Hacker

• 15 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 07:09 PM

Off topic but related to the HPA. 

Assuming that Acetyl Epitalon Amidate actually does cross the blood brain barrier, do you believe Epitalon would increase sensitivity of the hypothalamus to it's natural hormonal influences therefore increasing hormones and correcting HPA dysfunction? 

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1

#135 AlexCanada

• 263 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:48 PM

Before anyone messages me again, I have no source for Mifepristone.  Mine came from: http://www.eurodrugs...tone__3029.html.  I might create another thread for peptide therapies, but I really don't want to put the time into it, so I'll post my results here for now.

I feel like I am completely over my 3-year season of lethargy and wasting.  I rely on nothing to keep me going now.  Before Mifepristone, I used to use Piracetam, NAC, and/or Alpha Lipoic Acid to get temporary relief.  All were very good, but results were only temporary.  I would force myself to go to the gym, work out, go for a 3-mile run, get good nutrition, and the wasting and lethargy persisted.  My body didn't respond to anything I did, and all the lab results from my doctors showed my hormone levels at the lower end of the "normal range", so to them there was nothing wrong with me.  I was incredibly sensitive to certain vitamins and minerals.  I would easily overdose on a multivitamin, leaving me feeling sick and tired, leading me to believe my metabolism was incredibly low.  Maybe others feel this too, but all the lethargy put me in a very negative, persistent mental state.  Piracetam, NAC, and ALA alleviated negative ideation temporarily.  Mifepristone definitely changed my mental state to something more positive, and did wonders for my energy level.

One thing that stood out on my labs was that my IGF1 level was exactly half of the entire US-population average.  Following the literature that IGF1 plays an important role in neural growth, I found CJC-1295 (with DAC) and GHRP-6.  The trouble is that injected HGH or IGF1 do not easily cross the blood-brain-barrier.  With CJC-1295 and GHRP-6, if you have a working pituitary, these chemicals will cause IGF1/HGH upregulation from within your brain, thus getting around the blood-brain-barrier problem.  Following the same line of thought, a nasal spray consisting of low-sialic acid EPO (called "neural EPO") and IGF1 have been demonstrated to aid stroke victims.  The mental and physical results were immediate from CJC/GHRP, I used these for a 2-week period.  I actually felt like "a normal person", able to be sociable and think more creatively, and I still do, even without using these chemicals anymore (it's been about 2-3 weeks since using them).  Improvements to my libido were slowly coming back, most noticeably with GHRP-6.  If you read about CJC-1295 and GHRP-6, the same sites typically sell Triptorelin.  A single dose of 100mcg has had user reports of at least 9 months of upregulated testosterone via pituitary stimulation.  Repeated high-dose Triptorelin is used for chemical castration, so be warned.  Triptorelin is even in clinical trials for fertility treatment, with reports that when taken alone, or in conjunction with human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG), it helped women conceive (with anologous results in men).  I took the single 100 mcg dose 2 weeks ago, and I feel fantastic.  I am productive, more sociable, and maintaining a healthy athletic regimine.  I'm still hyper-sensitive to caffeine.  2 cups of coffee might leave me without energy for the next 1.5 days.  I've noticed that caffiene before a workout doesn't have the same energy drop as without physical activity. 

My goal was always to try to heal whatever was wrong with me, rather than doing hormone replacement, etc.  I believe all of the above has lead me to recovery.  I would highly recommend the CJC-1295 & GHRP-6 in conjunction with an athletic regimine.  The Triptorelin should get some special attention, I took it after taking CJC-1295 & GHRP-6, and it's not clear to me the extent that it upregulates your pituitary.  You might take Triptorelin and see improvement in all aspects of your mental and physical state of well being. 

I would describe my feeling from the last 3 years of wasting being similar to dying.  No energy, emotionally blunted or no longer able to empathize with others, a recurring negative mental state, and having no useful diagnosis from anyone.  I think the above treatments might be helpful to anyone who has incurred some stress-induced damage, being from too many all-nighters (in my case), or recovering from the lasting effects of drug addiction.  I imagine the sort of "wasting" I experienced wasn't far off from what I've seen in drug addicts.  For whatever it's worth, I wanted to leave my experiences here so that it might be of help to others.

Good lord. It's like a picture perfect scenario of what I have been so severely struggling with for the past 5 years. In general I have: Low T + super low estrogen, lowish thyroid 4.5 TSH, very low cortisol.  Extreme general fatigue + poor cognition, poor fucntion, difficulty thinking, inability to lift things without energy crashing, difficulty communicating to people, super low emotions (aside from anger + stress), high stress response, and extremely poor ability to experience pleasure, prone to infection, and weak voice + weak throat, and very slow processing of information.  HPA dysfunction been clearly destroying my life and doctors have no answer. cortisol boosting meds like hydrocortisone just get me so edgy and agitated. Lot of sensitivity to most supplements. Even low doses have very high effects. 

Generally much problem with negativity, very poor empathy (even though i used to feel like the most loving person in the world), creativity entirely drained, difficulty gaining any weight, difficulty having any motivation or energy to live anything resembling a normal life. Even writing coherent messages is often a challenge depending on time of day. 

If anyone has any good sources for mifepristone or can sell me please let me know. My youth been wasted away with my difficult to treat condition.  I will look into cjc and GHRP as well.  Maybe I can find some Dan Shen Root locally. I am in Canada btw. 

Currently I am on: low dose valium, 0.015mg Risperdal (low doses boost Dopamine), Paxil 1mg, Progesterone 4mg, Soy Isoflavone 5mg (sometimes), B12 Methyl 500-1000, Green tea (sometimes), Magnesium drops, Pau D Arco tea, Gabapentin micro doses, and few others. Recently some days I been able to experience some small pleasures here and there but mostly towards tv viewing, if i try to lift a game controller or something my fatigue really drains me fast, too difficult to lift things still. And if I exercise too hard I really crash. I tried grocery shopping before but it leaves me so drained and crashed for hours even if just bringing home a few bags. 

I agree with you.  It feels like you're not even alive. 

Edited by AlexCanada, 30 July 2016 - 04:51 PM.

• like x 1

#136 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:38 PM

-edit-

Edited by Flex, 03 August 2016 - 07:38 PM.

#137 DaneV

• 98 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:54 PM

Good lord. It's like a picture perfect scenario of what I have been so severely struggling with for the past 5 years. In general I have: Low T + super low estrogen, lowish thyroid 4.5 TSH, very low cortisol.  Extreme general fatigue + poor cognition, poor fucntion, difficulty thinking, inability to lift things without energy crashing, difficulty communicating to people, super low emotions (aside from anger + stress), high stress response, and extremely poor ability to experience pleasure, prone to infection, and weak voice + weak throat, and very slow processing of information.  HPA dysfunction been clearly destroying my life and doctors have no answer. cortisol boosting meds like hydrocortisone just get me so edgy and agitated. Lot of sensitivity to most supplements. Even low doses have very high effects. 

Generally much problem with negativity, very poor empathy (even though i used to feel like the most loving person in the world), creativity entirely drained, difficulty gaining any weight, difficulty having any motivation or energy to live anything resembling a normal life. Even writing coherent messages is often a challenge depending on time of day. 

Exactly how I am feeling as well. For me these symptoms started after years of chronic stress due to a complicated situation at home. Even though the cause is gone for almost a decade physically I barely feel any better. I am almost sure my problems are directly related to HPA-Axis dysfunction. 1) I Have low cortisol, especially during daytime when I feel at my worst 2) Exercise makes me feel acutely better but makes me crash the day after 3) The same goes for saunas. A Sauna bath almost cures my symptoms completely, but the crash the day after is horrible.

One could say I have "Adrenal Fatigue" but I don`t believe adrenals get "Fatigued".

Anyone has else had some luck in acquiring Mifepristone and trying it to combat these problems ? If anyone has a source, I Would appreciate if you want to share it with me trough PM or in this topic :)

Edited by DaneV, 14 October 2016 - 07:58 PM.

#138 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:15 AM

@ DaneV

Look into liquorice it activates the cortisol receptors if I´m not mistaken.

Regardless of the speculative actions, it helped me a bit for my depression. although I cant say whether we have the same condition.

Interesting fact: when being a bit sleep deprived during the week, my symptoms didnt appeared.

#139 Joe Monroe

• 75 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:56 AM

Exactly how I am feeling as well. For me these symptoms started after years of chronic stress due to a complicated situation at home. Even though the cause is gone for almost a decade physically I barely feel any better. I am almost sure my problems are directly related to HPA-Axis dysfunction. 1) I Have low cortisol, especially during daytime when I feel at my worst 2) Exercise makes me feel acutely better but makes me crash the day after 3) The same goes for saunas. A Sauna bath almost cures my symptoms completely, but the crash the day after is horrible.

One could say I have "Adrenal Fatigue" but I don`t believe adrenals get "Fatigued".

Anyone has else had some luck in acquiring Mifepristone and trying it to combat these problems ? If anyone has a source, I Would appreciate if you want to share it with me trough PM or in this topic :)

hey, haven't been on this thread in a while, I've been following a 'methylation protocol' as well as taking a few other supplements.. magnesium, zinc, b5, choline, for some time now and feel better than I have in a very long time. Anyway just thought I'd post since I got a notification and see that other people are still struggling. 

• like x 1

#140 Shai Hulud

• 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:24 AM

hey, haven't been on this thread in a while, I've been following a 'methylation protocol' as well as taking a few other supplements.. magnesium, zinc, b5, choline, for some time now and feel better than I have in a very long time. Anyway just thought I'd post since I got a notification and see that other people are still struggling. 

That's exactly what I wanted to write when I started reading the post in my mails. 

Guys, start taking Vitamin B12  as Methylcobalamin (Methyl-B12, not cyano or hydroxo-B12; though you can take hydroxo- and methyl-B12 together), slowly raising the dose. I'd suggest to add Creatine (pre-loading ad then maintenance). If this works, add some Methyl-Folate (again, exactly this form), starting low and slowly raising the dose. 

It's best to read into methylation and it's protocols before.

I'd say this is very likely to help.

• like x 1

#141 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:29 AM

Where can I buy some of this stuff? Would be interested in a group buy. Might help with my brain fog / lack of awareness. 

#142 Jackhill41

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

Where can I buy some of this stuff? Would be interested in a group buy. Might help with my brain fog / lack of awareness. 

I posted a separate thread before reading this one in its entirety, but in any case, I'd be very interested in a group buy as well.

#143 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

Me too, because I'm guessing it'll be cheap to get our hands on Mifepristone.

#144 sentics

• 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2018 - 04:27 PM

i know this thread is old, but did anyone get long term benefits from mifrepristone? and were there any side effects?

#145 triguy

• 79 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:15 PM

I've heard mifepristone in india is like 5 dollars per 200mg dose... or something extremely cheap, like most prescription drugs there actually. I wonder if there's a source from country like that..

hey, thanks for that link! looks like a good price, have you ordered from the site before? do you know if they ship  to usa?

yes, readily available from India.   

#146 theCLK

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:10 PM

BUMP:

Re-iterating Sintics: Did anyone get long term benefits from Mifepristone? and were there any side effects?

#147 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2018 - 04:46 PM

Anyone know if Mifepristone would be beneficial for restoring adrenal function from stimulant/amphetamine abuse?

#148 Geoff1892

• 16 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:03 PM

Anyone know if Mifepristone would be beneficial for restoring adrenal function from stimulant/amphetamine abuse?

#149 theCLK

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:32 PM

Yes whatever the HPA Dysfunction is from, it should work.

I'm on 600mg a day for the next 5 more days. Will report back. Currently it's giving me a little bit of Fibro pain, not too unusual for me...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#150 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:24 PM

Yes whatever the HPA Dysfunction is from, it should work.

I'm on 600mg a day for the next 5 more days. Will report back. Currently it's giving me a little bit of Fibro pain, not too unusual for me...

Are you following a specific protocol? I thought only one single dose was needed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users