Myeloma: Reishi dosage help plz

myeloma reishi

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

A good friend's mom has multiple Myeloma and I am looking to design a stack for her.

This study mentions Reishi.
The first problem I have is that I don't know which cell line dosage to look at, and then I don't know how to calculate a dosage from microg/ml or if its even attainable in-vivo??

This is something I need to learn how to do already for all sorts of reasons!
Any other advice also welcome.

Thx in advance

Ganoderma lucidum causes apoptosis in leukemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma cells.

Müller CI, Kumagai T, O'Kelly J, Seeram NP, Heber D, Koeffler HP.

Source
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, United States. MullerCI@cshs.org

Abstract
Over many centuries, herbal remedies have treated a variety of ailments. This empiric observational approach has produced a number of leads for formulated medicines. Ganoderma lucidum extract was screened for its anti-proliferative activity using a panel of 26 human cancer cell lines. The six most sensitive hematologic cell lines were: HL-60 (ED50 26 microg/ml), U937 (63 microg/ml), K562 (50 microg/ml), Blin-1 (38 microg/ml), Nalm-6 (30 microg/ml) and RPMI8226 (40 microg/ml). Cell cycle analyses revealed a G2/M arrest, most prominently in HL-60 cells. Four hematopoietic cell lines (HL-60, Blin-1, U937, RPMI8226) were examined for apoptosis, which ranged between 21 and 92%. After exposure to G. lucidum extract, HL-60 cells became multinucleated with an increased DNA content. These results indicate that G. lucidum extract has a profound activity against leukemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma cells and may be a novel adjunctive therapy for the treatment of hematologic malignancies.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16423392

#2 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:50 AM

The quality of the extract matters. I believe only reishi spoor oil has shown anti-cancer properties in the lab. Other extracts are either inactive or untested.

Also, cancer is a cluster of diseases, arising from different causes in different cell types. A treatment for one form may not work for another. For example, resveratrol has shown success with mammary cancers, but is apparentlly ineffective with adenocarcinoma, the most common lung cancer in non-smokers.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Logic

• Topic Starter
  • 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

Thx Maxwatt
I have a friend who grows mushrooms in Johannesburg so will contact her.

The stack will consist of the usual suspects as I have found published papers etc on this cancer:
Curcumin, resveratrol, ginger, selenium etc.

This is one of the... extras I suppose one would call it.
Lithium is another.
http://www.longecity...post__p__591491
as is Ester-C

I would still like to know how one would go about calculating dosages from microg/ml etc so that Niner will stop having to warn against unattainable therapeutic doses all the time! :)

Edited by Logic, 27 June 2013 - 08:33 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:55 AM

Have you used Reishi? Please take just a moment to respond to this survey

Did you find Reishi Anti-Androgenic?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: myeloma, reishi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users