• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam efficacy - appreciable effect for you?

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

Poll: Piracetam efficacy - appreciable effect for you? (305 member(s) have cast votes)

Piracetam efficacy - appreciable effect for you?

1. Yes - it improved my lucidity (47 votes [16.15%])

Percentage of vote: 16.15%

2. Yes - it improved my lucidity and recall (108 votes [37.11%])

Percentage of vote: 37.11%

3. I had better results with ani/oxi/prami-recetam (20 votes [6.87%])

Percentage of vote: 6.87%

4. No - I felt no appreciable effects (40 votes [13.75%])

Percentage of vote: 13.75%

5. Ummm maybe, not really sure... ahhh, what was the question? (22 votes [7.56%])

Percentage of vote: 7.56%

6. I have never tried piracetam (47 votes [16.15%])

Percentage of vote: 16.15%

7. Piracetam is for girls - I mainline Toilet Duck (7 votes [2.41%])

Percentage of vote: 2.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:58 PM

Isochroma keep posting your results

also wondering if you have ever stopped taking piracetam and if so, what did you notice as far as memory is concerned

thanks

#62 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:22 PM

Sure!

I'm still on the 5x4g per day piracetam, and of course it works perfectly! Every day I do crazy hours getting to bed on some days at 2.00am and others at 4.00am, even 6.00am. No matter what time I go to bed, I wake up 8 hours later refreshed, and never tired the next day.

So it seems that I can switch hours anytime or all the time, without having to pay the 'lag penalty' or 'lead penalty' ie. jetlag equivalent. You see, all hours of sleep aren't equivalent. Normally a person can't just get 8 hours anytime. The more offset from their habitual or solar cycle, the more hours are needed. For example, if I went to bed at 11.00pm I needed only 7.5 hours sleep and awakened refreshed. But if I went to bed at 2.00am I needed 8.5 hours and woke up still a bit tired and slow. Or used to, before piracetam. It didn't entirely eliminate this effect but reduced it about 80-90%, which is absolutely amazing.

Doing hours that would kill me before, those same hours and changes in sleep times hardly even register on my daily functionality anymore. Piracetam prevents those problems almost entirely, like a bulletproof vest prevents bullets from penetrating. I can still feel them, but hardly at all, just faintly. It's the difference between riding in a cart without suspension and a computer-controlled air-suspended Mercedes. And not just one-off or irregularly - even regular harsh conditions are reduced to nothing, over and over and over again. It seems there's some kind of endless energy inside those little molecules, that keeps getting better and better over time. Unlike junk like modafinil or stimulants, there is never a crash and there is no tolerance or side effects. It becomes ever more potent every day, so it's a joy to eat despite the bitter taste.

Besides that, I'm still noting - after 14 months on this nice high dose - daily improvement in memory, verbal capability, synthetic intelligence, and even visual sharpness. Not to mention dreams! They are still more vivid than last month or even last week. And the dreams are new ones, finally after years of cyclic repeat dreams that never changed. A static landscape is gradually unfreezing and the meltwater is flowing, dripping, dribbling down to lubricate still deeper levels of function.

Even better, it seems there's a third level to the piracetam effects. First it fixes the surface stuff like attention, then deeper down at the cognition level, and now finally my personality is becoming more ramified and complexified. It seems that chronic administration begins to accelerate maturation and personal development. This process is quite enjoyable apart from the occasional eruption of unprocessed feelings, thoughts and other phenomena which suddenly become temporarily mobilized like the sharp little icebergs they are, before they too melt into the growing floodwaters.

Finally, multithreading! Today many have multicore CPUs in their computers. But what good are all these cores for a slow, single-core brain to run them? A lot less good than they could be if the wetware was upgraded... I don't even need to think about splitting my attention anymore. I can do two or three things at once without any effort - never could before. Listening to a lecture full of details while reading and writing at the same time is easy. There's now these extra NPU cores (Neuro Processing Units) all waiting for workloads. There always were, but now they communicate with each other so well that total coherence of attention is maintained and all relevant I/O data from each thread is coherently maintained during the process. That was almost impossible to do before, now there's no need to do it because it happens automatically. Resources are allocated as if by magic and there's never any excess inputs that can't be handled.

PS. It should be noted that I take zero caffeine or alcohol.

If there was ever a true Mana from Heaven, this is it. The gift that keeps on giving.

Edited by Isochroma, 06 October 2009 - 11:49 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:56 PM

Thanks Isochroma, just the kind of information I wanted to get about Piracetam. I see that you have tried mega dosing, have you at all tried micro dosing?

I just took my first dose of Primaforce Piracetam, prolly about 1.5g with 6g of Lecithin. After about 35 minutes I notice that I am seeing more clearly, not that my vision was blurred prior to this. It's not so much that the colours are brighter, it's just that it seems that the edges are much sharper and that I am able to see 'more frames' per second.

I have to say that I've been sorta 'preloading' my mind with piracetam, as in, I've been telling my self that I will respond well to it and that it'll work for me. More than likely that this is all placebo; I guess I'll know in a few weeks when the effects of piracetam are supposed to kick in.

#64 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:16 AM

Never tried microdosing. The taste of gigantic tablespoons just tickles my tastebuds, so I wouldn't want to miss out on it...

Really, I believe most people don't take nearly enough, and don't maintain a decent dosing schedule with no more than four hours spacing between doses. Thus many report little or no effects, but they aren't anywhere near saturation. It's my goal to maintain saturation despite spillover waste forever.

Now for today's progress report.

In the last two months I've added 10 grams per day of fish oil (gelcaps; distilled; taken in two doses of 5g), and it's been like an afterburner on the Piracetam jet-engine :-D

Is it weird or strange that I can go to bed anytime now (like 2am - 6am+) and wake up 8 hours later always perfectly refreshed? Not once-off but every freaking day... Or mentally work all day every day and never stop for even a moment to consider that the clarity never fades, the energy never drops?

It's weird - almost like superhuman - in the sense that it's more than I was born with. They didn't write about it in the user manual I got with my body :)

Is it abnormal that I haven't felt sleepy or tired in months, not even once? Even when I was young and 'healthy' I'd get sleepy at night, but not anymore. Though sleeping is no problem, it does take longer to get there.

Also, the vivid dreams are getting even brighter. Last night I saw these neon tubes that were clear and coloured the most amazing shades of green/aqua/blue. Clear tubing, not the phosphor-coated type. Colours that cannot be found in the atomic or molecular discharge of any element in this universe. Plus there's more and more hot girls in my dreams, that were never there before. Nothing else has changed in my life of course.

It's hard to adapt to these changes, in the sense that they're weird. Not problematic, but just so different from what my instinct says to do. The old system that was evolved and lived to regulate a fallible, wear-prone engine now gives no signals. It's disconcerting, that's the word. What is a person to do when the old routines aren't needed anymore? There's nothing to replace them but a conscious voluntary schedule. Walking on air can be fun but do beware looking down. There's no friction up there, but also no traction and thus no feedback or sense of what is too much.

Some who've been lucky enough to drive an electric car report the strangeness of not feeling the vibration and hearing the engine noises. It's disconcerting in the same way. Like being in a sealed bullet train rolling along at 300mph but not feeling it - the rocking, the entire background noise of physical motion, contact, friction. Missing.

Piracetam has now effectively taken away my sleepiness and tiredness feedbacks. So I've got to consciously regiment my sleep/wake cycles around the practicalities of everyday life instead. These changes make me immensely happy but are also a new responsibility.

Finally, the better things get between my ears, the more a certain problem gnaws at me. Every day it digs deeper like a rusty hook into my fleshy part. Why oh why would such a ridiculously complex machine as the brain, be so totally remade by such a simple molecule?

To analogize, it would be like putting that hi-grade motor oil into your car... then next day you open your garage to find a turbo jet-engine under the hood. I mean, lubricants make it run cooler, quieter, longer, but they don't reconstruct the entire engine, now do they? Even if they could, nothing simple enough to be pourable would result in mechanical re-engineering.

The studies I've read all point toward various factors like Ach receptors, membrane fluidity, microcirculation, etc. but how can these bits'n'pieces explain the profound changes? Here's one: it's said that Piracetam restores function and Ach receptor density to a youthful level in aged animals, but not very young ones. So in that way it's a normalizer.

But... even when I was young I couldn't function like this. Something got cranked way way farther than it ever was even when it did work at its best in my youth. It's almost a crime that more basic research on its function hasn't been done. Nowadays they just fold damned proteins with their supercomps.

Whatever the mechanism(s), they seem to be shared among many cell types, even in different organs (ex. the heart). Piracetam is cardioprotective. So there's some common limits in the organism's evolutionary design at the cellular level. Walls that selection and mutation together couldn't overcome, but exogenous molecules can. Perhaps genetic engineering could institutionalize such a change, but not before the exogenous actor's relations are fully understood.

Edited by Isochroma, 13 October 2009 - 04:45 AM.

#65 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:16 AM

After more thought, I realized that besides those effects of Piracetam, there's one more.

We associate so many attributes to being human: physical drive, sex drive, sleep, tiredness, emotions, breathing, eating, and of course those that happen in the latrine, if y'all know what I mean :-D

There's a sadness, like having a part of myself missing. Even though I didn't like that tired, sleepy, forgetful part. But as humans, it is both out weaknesses and strengths, and all their respective peculiarities and individualisms that define us. They give us the shared bond of common humanity; common traits. Common even with ourselves as single individuals, varying only gradually with time.

Those things that Piracetam polished away in me, even though I hated them and fought them with every other weapon I could find - they were still cherished in some perverse way, some instinctual way. Like favorite colors or favorite foods, the common capabilities, limitations and habits of a person's body become their mental fingerprint. Baked into their daily routine, snug as a bug in a rug.

When one or more are quickly or gradually snatched away, sometimes it leaves a hole. Even bad things. And nothing ever really fills that hole, with its peculiar shape and depth. Sometimes it feels sad to not remember what being tired was like, because I can't remember anymore what it feels like to be sleepy. It was the usual way to end a day.

Now that it's not there anymore, there is no natural end to a day either. Like someone pried off all the numbers on a clock, now all I see is the hand moving, but my body no longer says anything about how 'late' it is. It's just a number now, there's no difference between 'afternoon', 'evening' and 'late at night'. Instead, time is just a continuous flow with hardly anything inside me to give it discreteness.

Now that sleepiness and tiredness are gone, I can't remember their bad sides. Like some old friend you idealize him after not being in contact for so long.

That's how it is with me.

Edited by Isochroma, 13 October 2009 - 05:26 AM.

#66 chilp

• 89 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:28 AM

So, does Piracetam kills your desire for a social life ?

#67 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:31 PM

I'm not the type, but if I was... it would totally enable the most amazing social life ever!!! Just think about partying every nite until dawn :-D

Instead I listen to politic lectures or music until dawn.

#68 acantelopepope

• 221 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

After more thought, I realized that besides those effects of Piracetam, there's one more.

We associate so many attributes to being human: physical drive, sex drive, sleep, tiredness, emotions, breathing, eating, and of course those that happen in the latrine, if y'all know what I mean :-D

There's a sadness, like having a part of myself missing. Even though I didn't like that tired, sleepy, forgetful part. But as humans, it is both out weaknesses and strengths, and all their respective peculiarities and individualisms that define us. They give us the shared bond of common humanity; common traits. Common even with ourselves as single individuals, varying only gradually with time.

Those things that Piracetam polished away in me, even though I hated them and fought them with every other weapon I could find - they were still cherished in some perverse way, some instinctual way. Like favorite colors or favorite foods, the common capabilities, limitations and habits of a person's body become their mental fingerprint. Baked into their daily routine, snug as a bug in a rug.

When one or more are quickly or gradually snatched away, sometimes it leaves a hole. Even bad things. And nothing ever really fills that hole, with its peculiar shape and depth. Sometimes it feels sad to not remember what being tired was like, because I can't remember anymore what it feels like to be sleepy. It was the usual way to end a day.

Now that it's not there anymore, there is no natural end to a day either. Like someone pried off all the numbers on a clock, now all I see is the hand moving, but my body no longer says anything about how 'late' it is. It's just a number now, there's no difference between 'afternoon', 'evening' and 'late at night'. Instead, time is just a continuous flow with hardly anything inside me to give it discreteness.

Now that sleepiness and tiredness are gone, I can't remember their bad sides. Like some old friend you idealize him after not being in contact for so long.

That's how it is with me.

Piracetam was good for awhile. Now not only has it lost its efficacy, but it actually confuses me, depresses me, at any dose. The extent to which you are describing all the positives in your life, which you attribute entirely to piracetam, are definitely not a regular reaction, and are misleading if not irresponsible. Some of your language has been grandiose. You also mentioned in the Smartpowders thread that you were almost homeless? That you were in a position where you had, to paraphrase you, nothing to lose? I think that it would be responsible of you to divulge other confounding variables in your posts: the way that you are representing piracetam simply does not reflect how most people react to it in reality. Are you taking any medications? Drugs? Other supplements?

Excuse me for asking, but since this is an anonymous forum and the details of this topic are very important to would-be users, are you manic-depressive?

Regards,
acantelopepope

#69 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:18 PM

No, I have no such mental conditions, though my economic life is dogged by poverty, and the unpredictability that goes with it. I am also a very political person and spend some time every day cursing various habits and institutions I see around me. Being at the very bottom, I'm a scrapper that is always ready for a real fight.

Nonetheless, my previous two previous posts compare the changes that took place over the last year and two months, the time during which Piracetam rewrote the ground rules insofar as the attributes that it changed.

These changes were slow but consistent, and persist ever more strongly to this day.

It should be noted that besides the lack of fatigue, only minor consistent changes in personality attributes were noted. Particularly enjoyable has been the decrease in importance of trivial emotions, along with the enhancement of emotion when it relates to, is tied and connected to, something important to my higher thoughts. Nobody has mentioned this before, so either they didn't experience it or didn't have any really important thoughts which could link with emotions to make dancing pairs.

Piracetam thus enhances the power of the conscious selector in modulating the emotional subsystem.

Such a change in emphasis I find thoroughly empowering. Dangerously empowering, especially in a society so sick, so full of corruption. You could say that a sick society thrives on sick, sheepish individuals to perpetuate it by their passivity. To this extent, Piracetam has become a key to both personal renovation and political activity, since it greases the wheel of connective thought, conceptual associations which tend to lead toward the causes of our existence.

I find it a substance which very much encourages anarchistic, antiauthoritarian thought. As I believe anything which enhances higher mental functions would be. Perhaps if my bent of personality was different, then the outcomes would be too. To the extent that Piracetam makes me grow, it can also bring growing pains. Those quaint processes thought to be long finished years ago, turns out they just slowed or stopped due to brain concretization. Refluidization and new growth bring the potential for both positive and negative outcomes, depending on lots of stuff.

It should also be remembered that whole classes of certain intellectually enabling drugs have been banned in most countries. Not only for their beneficial addition to the 'war on drugs' witchhunt, but I suspect to prevent large segments of the population from challenging illegitimate authority. LSD was seen by the US government as dangerous - not to its people but to its power structure. If they were so tenderly concerned with the health of their citizens, free universal health coverage could have been implemented, at a lower cost than the entire war on drugs. Leary's promotions really drove that message home: he was literally broadcasting the message that it could be used to break the political structure. He wasn't ready for the massive retaliation by threatened interests with the entire might of the US State behind them: the coordinated attack of an interwoven system with lots of tools at its disposal to deal with disruptive folks like him.

How else can 1% of the US population continue to get away with stealing 40% of real income?

Piracetam seems to have made it under the radar because it's thought to be 'weak'. It is not weak, but underused and underappreciated in my opinion. It has the potential to far exceed the feared LSD and similars in breaking power, depending on what direction its powers are taken in. And that is where the person comes in. For perhaps as much or more than any psychedelic, Piracetam is a ship waiting for direction - a sword which could cut in one or both directions. To remember those directions, and that there is always one more than it seemed there was yesterday - that is its own truly unique contribution.

Edited by Isochroma, 13 October 2009 - 09:51 PM.

#70 acantelopepope

• 221 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:54 AM

No, I have no such mental conditions, though my economic life is dogged by poverty, and the unpredictability that goes with it. I am also a very political person and spend some time every day cursing various habits and institutions I see around me. Being at the very bottom, I'm a scrapper that is always ready for a real fight.

Nonetheless, my previous two previous posts compare the changes that took place over the last year and two months, the time during which Piracetam rewrote the ground rules insofar as the attributes that it changed.

These changes were slow but consistent, and persist ever more strongly to this day.

It should be noted that besides the lack of fatigue, only minor consistent changes in personality attributes were noted. Particularly enjoyable has been the decrease in importance of trivial emotions, along with the enhancement of emotion when it relates to, is tied and connected to, something important to my higher thoughts. Nobody has mentioned this before, so either they didn't experience it or didn't have any really important thoughts which could link with emotions to make dancing pairs.

Piracetam thus enhances the power of the conscious selector in modulating the emotional subsystem.

Such a change in emphasis I find thoroughly empowering. Dangerously empowering, especially in a society so sick, so full of corruption. You could say that a sick society thrives on sick, sheepish individuals to perpetuate it by their passivity. To this extent, Piracetam has become a key to both personal renovation and political activity, since it greases the wheel of connective thought, conceptual associations which tend to lead toward the causes of our existence.

I find it a substance which very much encourages anarchistic, antiauthoritarian thought. As I believe anything which enhances higher mental functions would be. Perhaps if my bent of personality was different, then the outcomes would be too. To the extent that Piracetam makes me grow, it can also bring growing pains. Those quaint processes thought to be long finished years ago, turns out they just slowed or stopped due to brain concretization. Refluidization and new growth bring the potential for both positive and negative outcomes, depending on lots of stuff.

It should also be remembered that whole classes of certain intellectually enabling drugs have been banned in most countries. Not only for their beneficial addition to the 'war on drugs' witchhunt, but I suspect to prevent large segments of the population from challenging illegitimate authority. LSD was seen by the US government as dangerous - not to its people but to its power structure. If they were so tenderly concerned with the health of their citizens, free universal health coverage could have been implemented, at a lower cost than the entire war on drugs. Leary's promotions really drove that message home: he was literally broadcasting the message that it could be used to break the political structure. He wasn't ready for the massive retaliation by threatened interests with the entire might of the US State behind them: the coordinated attack of an interwoven system with lots of tools at its disposal to deal with disruptive folks like him.

How else can 1% of the US population continue to get away with stealing 40% of real income?

Piracetam seems to have made it under the radar because it's thought to be 'weak'. It is not weak, but underused and underappreciated in my opinion. It has the potential to far exceed the feared LSD and similars in breaking power, depending on what direction its powers are taken in. And that is where the person comes in. For perhaps as much or more than any psychedelic, Piracetam is a ship waiting for direction - a sword which could cut in one or both directions. To remember those directions, and that there is always one more than it seemed there was yesterday - that is its own truly unique contribution.

I think that's all wonderful, but what I would like to know is why it worked so well for about 3 months and then gradually it produced effects so bad that I can no longer take it without being tossed into confusion and despair.

If piracetam worked as well for me now as it did from December through February, I would agree with a lot of the statements you are making about it. But now I am leaning towards believing that the continual upregulation of Ach receptors must have, and will inevitably, lead to a downward spiral.

I have been trying to figure this one out for the past four months. It is the reason that I joined this board. It is the reason I read cryptic studies late into the night... asking "why did piracetam + choline stop working for me?"

I have an ever increasing pool of theories, but no answers.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? How about the people for whom piracetam genuinely does not work to begin with-- (I'm not talking about the people who tried it for a few days and didn't notice anything immediately, but the ones who are veteran smart drug users and categorically determined that it was not effective for them).

#71 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:41 AM

I think that's all wonderful, but what I would like to know is why it worked so well for about 3 months and then gradually it produced effects so bad that I can no longer take it without being tossed into confusion and despair.

If piracetam worked as well for me now as it did from December through February, I would agree with a lot of the statements you are making about it. But now I am leaning towards believing that the continual upregulation of Ach receptors must have, and will inevitably, lead to a downward spiral.

I have been trying to figure this one out for the past four months. It is the reason that I joined this board. It is the reason I read cryptic studies late into the night... asking "why did piracetam + choline stop working for me?"

Has anyone experienced anything similar? How about the people for whom piracetam genuinely does not work to begin with-- (I'm not talking about the people who tried it for a few days and didn't notice anything immediately, but the ones who are veteran smart drug users and categorically determined that it was not effective for them).

have you tried different choline sources? have you tried different dosages as in, perhaps lowering the piracetam dose and incresing the choline??

just curious...

#72 acantelopepope

• 221 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:51 AM

have you tried different choline sources? have you tried different dosages as in, perhaps lowering the piracetam dose and incresing the choline??

just curious...

Yes.

I have tried everything from Alpha-GPC to Choline Bitartrate to raw eggs. This is another area that's confounded me. I have, without any doubt, determined that if I take too much choline (which can range from 100mg to 600mg choline citrate, or 3-4 eggs these days), I feel inexplicable sadness and despair. It is, for me, a certain way to induce a temporary depression.

I have tried all reasonable dosages. I have tried Piracetam microdosing. Even 75mg of Piracetam leads to shuffled thoughts, inability to focus on complex topics, general confusion, and anxiety.

When I began taking Piracetam and Choline I had no problem taking 1.5g piracetam x 3 with about 2g choline citrate. It worked wonders for me, that is, until I started feeling extremely pessimistic, which turned into general disillusionment, which eventually turned into deep depression. The day that I stopped taking choline, this lifted 85%. The day I stopped taking piracetam, it lifted 95%. That isn't to say that I'm happy-go-lucky now, but I function MUCH better without piracetam or choline supplementation.

I should note that Oxiracetam and Aniracetam produce the same effects. I measure all my supplements with a jeweler's scale accurate to 1mg. I also have a daily log of the exact doses I've taken with notes on the day's results, ranging from social creativity to sleep quality.

Edited by acantelopepope, 14 October 2009 - 02:59 AM.

#73 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:36 AM

Excess choline has been reported to induce depression-like symptoms.

Pure synthetic choline in salt form can be obtained cheaply, but a decent diet can usually provide enough even with extensive piracetam dosing. The brain recycles choline, which is why continued high intake is not usually necessary in piracetam users.

In a small fraction of the user base, piracetam may cause such symptoms as head fog, tiredness, etc. Some of these negative-responders find that aniracetam or pramiracetam work. Others tend to find that aniracetam causes them problems and stick with piracetam.

Finally, there's the case of the total negative responders. None of the racetams 'work' for them, and often many or all racetams work against them, producing negative symptoms.

I suspect that even in those who have negative symptoms, other modal effects such as membrane fluidization, increased metabolic function, etc. are present but masked by a particular attribute of piracetam aside from its more general effects, namely cholinergic alteration.

The most-reported difference in effects between negative-responders and positive-responders are symptoms of the cholinergic system: the sleepy-alert axis, the foggy-clear axis, visual sharpness, memory (a few negative reports of poor memory come to my mind).

It seems that there, in the cholinergic system can be found the answer which divides piracetam's various responders. The specific ratio of various response categories divides quite nicely into a few: non-effect, bad-effect, and good-effect.

The breakdown by percent of users is also composed of only a few categories which encompass 95%+ of all possibilities.

Thus it is proposed that responder groups correlate with individual-specific genetic pools. Considering the large majority in the positive-responder group, it is proposed that those individuals have the dominant genetic program in a genetic pool composed of only a few discrete phenomorphisms.

Some ideas on the largest difference - between positive and negative responders. I'll call them A and B respectively.

All the receptor types and their subtypes form individual closed-cycle negative-feedback loops, distributed spacially and morphically by component type.

In addition, each can have direct and indirect negative and positive interactions with the others. The situation must get quite complicated, and that's what molecular simulation is for.

The empiricist must make use of what data is available, however. To him without Deep Blue, and even to those with such fast boxes, global numerical simulation is beyond - a dream for the future. For now they compete to fold proteins. They are minnows in a rough ocean.

Considering the complexity of such intertwined coregulatory loops with both negative and positive feedbacks, the miracle is that there are any shared user response pools at all.

That there are tells me that evolution pared down all those possibilities, somehow, to only a handful. Improbable as it sounds, that all those systems could only be coded in a large sample of the population in only a few discrete ways, that may be the case.

Even then, piracetam's variability in effect among the population was enough to help keep its market mostly neglected by its inventor.

Further exploration is suggested by these possibilities. In particular, the functional characterization of positive versus negative responders by single or chronic dosing and monitoring of brain functions.

Avenues for monitoring include radiolabelled piracetam, radiolabelled acetylcholine, and other noninvasive measures of cholinergic funtion.

A simple test is also proposed to split negative-responders from positive-responders. It involves mostly the cholinergic system and makes use of the readily available nicotine. Differences in response to that drug might be colinear with differences in piracetam response.

There's lots more to the puzzle. The most interesting thing is that responders fall into so few categories considering the complexity of the affected systems.

Edited by Isochroma, 14 October 2009 - 05:38 AM.

#74 andyr300

• 14 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:20 AM

Isochroma: what brand are you taking?

I have taken Piracetam last year for a couple of months with results similar to a previous poster on this page. It's effects diminish over time and gets to a point where it has the opposite effect. When Piracetam works, it is so much easier to come up with ideas and thoughts related to the subject. When it does not, the opposite effect comes in to play. I've taken it with citrate and alpha GPC. Citrate does something, while Alpha GPC does NOTHING.

I havent taken any piracetam in at least 2 months until a couple of days ago. I've taken a tablespoon (no choline) on 4:00 pm Saturday, and I had the same effect which lasted throughout the whole night. Brain fog, some depression, and pure confusion. Nothing came up when I tried to converse with friends. Fast forward to Sunday. After fully wakening, all of its positive effects stayed with me for the whole day. I realized that my creativity was soaring, I was less irate, and felt genuinely excited.

It's so unstable for me. It is not worth it to test different methods and doses over months of time when the majority of the time of testing is spent being plagued by the negative side of piracetam. I still have my tub of 1Fast400 piracetam, and I wonder: could it be the brand?

#75 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:34 AM

Not likely. I used the same seller during most of this revolutionary year.

Also, unlike some others, I get no hump in the effect curve. Humpless. Sexy.

When I say humpless I mean I can (and have!) taken 1 level tablespoon every hour for days with no more or less effect than the usual 3-hour spacing.

So my curve just goes up and then levels off. Perhaps if I could choke down a pound...

The other nice difference is that the stuff gets better every day. The effects become more and more permanent.

So I owe the big guy in the sky for his bestowal of a compatible geneset. Thanks, big guy!

#76 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:46 AM

Just did some math on the poll. Clustering the results into good, none and bad, for piracetam. Last three questions excluded.

Good: 71 Users
No Effect: 17 Users
Bad or Better from Other Racetam: 8 Users

Total: 96 Users

Good: 73.95%
No Effect: 17.7%
Bad or Better from Other Racetam: 8.3%

Obviously the third question should have been divided: we don't know if they just liked a stronger racetam better, or that Piracetam was plain bad (worse than nothing at all). That would include the various cases as I've observed here and on other forums of the Type B phenotype, that gets fog/fuzz/tiredness from piracetam but finds aniracetam or others stimulating or otherwise good - lumped in with the poor souls who can find no comfort at all in any racetam.

They're very different questions that should be separate, but alas polls can't be modified. Geez, even posts can't be modified after a few hours. Better watch my spelling, lest my carelessness become concretized forever in the cavernous troves of the Googlebots.

Edited by Isochroma, 14 October 2009 - 07:52 AM.

#77 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:56 PM

since the racetams effects diminish over time I use it only when i need to. .. approx once or twice a week. This way i don't get the negative side of piracetam.

Isochroma seems to be doing good on it but ... a lot of people seem to be loosing the good side of piracetam with time. Man i can't wait to find out the true mecanism of action with this compound !!! maybe in 50 years from now we'll be watching a TV documentory on the racetam users who lived in the year 1990 - 2009 ... i just hope that at that point i'll be able to say : "I told you this stuff was miraculous... look at me i'm 80 and i feel younger than ever !!! "

#78 andyr300

• 14 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:20 PM

acnecdotally... Ive only never had powerful effects from the powdered form sold at bulknutrition and cognitive nutrition

This is the reason why I brought up the brand. Although I have no idea what he meant exactly, it makes me wonder.

I have used bulknutrition for all of my experiments. I might try different brands to see if the curve slumps over extended use, for me at least. I took 3.6g earlier today (last time I took it was Saturday night, 1.4g) and it's kicking in a bit. Different compared to the slump that I usually get into when I take a dose, which turns into greatness after 5 hours or so.

#79 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:04 PM

acnecdotally... Ive only never had powerful effects from the powdered form sold at bulknutrition and cognitive nutrition

This is the reason why I brought up the brand. Although I have no idea what he meant exactly, it makes me wonder.

I have used bulknutrition for all of my experiments. I might try different brands to see if the curve slumps over extended use, for me at least. I took 3.6g earlier today (last time I took it was Saturday night, 1.4g) and it's kicking in a bit. Different compared to the slump that I usually get into when I take a dose, which turns into greatness after 5 hours or so.

i really want to know what happens when you stop taking piracetam... i've only just started so i cannot bring myself to lose what i'm currently experiencing... will the colours fade? will i lose the sharpness that i have gained? will music not sound as 3d as it currently does??

these questions would be best answered by Isochroma but i don't think he could bring himself to starve his brain of it's food... ;)

#80 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:14 PM

Sure, I'll tell you what happens.

Last year after some few enjoyable months, shipping and budgetary fuckups caused me to run out of piracetam for 2.5 weeks.

I didn't even notice that I wasn't taking it for a few days.

Then I started a very slow slide, which continued for the next two weeks.

At the end of those couple weeks, I was 90% back to where I had been before starting. It was awful, I was tired again, despite sleeping long hours still woke up tired, focus was poorer during the day, sleepiness dogged me again. Colours weren't so bright, thoughts didn't come, vision not sharp anymore.

Back to the old me, but not completely. Some effects still remained. I wasn't as tired as before starting. Some incremental gains remained, but at least 80% depleted. The worse was the last five days, when the level dipped the most. The decay curve seems to accelerate with time after stopping intake. For the first week it was quite acceptable, not even so noticeable.

That's how it was, and that's why I buy it by the kilo now, much faster than I use it: I'm stockpiling for the future, and to prevent a single shipment fuckup from interrupting the regime. Computers have it, it's called a buffer. No problems since then because I learned to order ahead, and to diversify my suppliers. That is where the Racetam Prices list came from - it was part of the reorganization to prevent such disasters from happening again. And it worked.

For those without stable income, determination, organization, and the willpower to consistently dose, for them it will be impossible to maintain a decent regime or any regime at all. But maybe they don't need it so much. For those that truly need it, they will pay whatever price needs to be paid, bribe whatever officials, make arrangements, etc. For them that really suffer, the pain teaches them to be careful and plan for a future. The pain of that two week loss taught me better than anything else to plan, to buffer, to be exact and uncompromising and insistent.

To be tough with suppliers who consistently fuckup paperwork. To be careful and log all payments sent and shipments arrived, how long they took, which shipper was used (very important) and any other problems. To send the money for the next shipment when my monthly income arrives, before buying anything else. Even before buying food, but after paying rent. Priorities.

Edited by Isochroma, 14 October 2009 - 11:24 PM.

#81 acantelopepope

• 221 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:29 AM

Last year after some few enjoyable months, shipping and budgetary fuckups caused me to run out of piracetam for 2.5 weeks.

At the end of those couple weeks, I was 90% back to where I had been before starting. It was awful, I was tired again, despite sleeping long hours still woke up tired, focus was poorer during the day, sleepiness dogged me again. Colours weren't so bright, thoughts didn't come, vision not sharp anymore.

Back to the old me, but not completely. Some effects still remained. I wasn't as tired as before starting. Some incremental gains remained, but at least 80% depleted. The worse was the last five days, when the level dipped the most. The decay curve seems to accelerate with time after stopping intake. For the first week it was quite acceptable, not even so noticeable.

That's how it was, and that's why I buy it by the kilo now, much faster than I use it: I'm stockpiling for the future, and to prevent a single shipment fuckup from interrupting the regime. Computers have it, it's called a buffer. No problems since then because I learned to order ahead, and to diversify my suppliers. That is where the Racetam Prices list came from - it was part of the reorganization to prevent such disasters from happening again. And it worked.

For those without stable income, determination, organization, and the willpower to consistently dose, for them it will be impossible to maintain a decent regime or any regime at all. But maybe they don't need it so much. For those that truly need it, they will pay whatever price needs to be paid, bribe whatever officials, make arrangements, etc. For them that really suffer, the pain teaches them to be careful and plan for a future. The pain of that two week loss taught me better than anything else to plan, to buffer, to be exact and uncompromising and insistent.

To be tough with suppliers who consistently fuckup paperwork. To be careful and log all payments sent and shipments arrived, how long they took, which shipper was used (very important) and any other problems. To send the money for the next shipment when my monthly income arrives, before buying anything else. Even before buying food, but after paying rent. Priorities.

So which company have you blessed with this stream of good business?

Is Smart Powders Piracetam as good as the stuff you began with? Is McCandless' good name to be cleared?

#82 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:01 AM

Isochroma -

You sound well educated and you write very well, may I ask why you live in poverty? Is it by choice or have you lost your job during the recession? You could very well represent one of the pharmaceutical companies that make Piracetam, maybe even become a rep for PrimaForce or whatever brand you're using.

#83 durrrr

• 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:13 PM

I took it for 2 weeks and only noticed a slight increase in alertness/focus. I took 4.5grams/day combined with 10g of soy lecithin. I discontinued use after 2 weeks, because the effects were not as great as I had hoped/heard.

#84 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:26 PM

425runner: I'm poorly educated - never went past grade 11, and I live on a medical disability. It's easy to write well when one has lots of time to practice, that's all.

#85 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:00 AM

after trying piracetam, aniracetam, oxiracetam, and pramiracetam I have to say I still value piracetam the most.

all of the other -racetams seem to have side effects that appear somewhat randomly for me, such as sleepyness, depressed mood, headache, and
brain fog. Oxiracetam and pramiracetam felt very similar side effect wise, both of them sometimes making me sleepy and depressed after a couple hours of taking them. They both also seemed to make every day life seem boring and pointless, possibly because I felt like I was able to comprehend so much more, yet I was living such a simple life. Pramiracetam has the most obvious effect for me, it also made me feel really confident in myself. I wish I knew what was causing the side effects because pramiracetam seemed to really improve my thinking and self confidence. Aniracetam seemed great, gave me a lot of energy, reduced depression and anxiety, but over time it just started making me tired and sleepy as well.

Piracetam gives a consistent mood lift with some energy, I can tell it enhances my verbal skills and my creativity a lot. I might try mixing piracetam
with a low dose of pramiracetam, maybe 50-300mg, or a low dose of aniracetam. I didn't like oxiracetam that much at all, except for how it enhanced music.

#86 LIB

• 232 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:43 AM

I read a post on here about a guy that piracetam stopped working for him and he read something where it may be possible that you're low on pregnelone, and supplementation brings back the positive effect of piracetam.

#87 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:34 PM

Hey guys. I just wanted to let you know that I tried taking 3.4 grams of piracetam before sleep yesterday and I couldn't sleep. My mind was racing and really enjoying everything. So I sat up all night not being able to go to sleep. Do anybody have similar experiences with piracetam? I've not even had symptoms of sleep deprivation this morning - I was really speedy. Thanks in advance.

#88 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:17 PM

425runner: I'm poorly educated - never went past grade 11, and I live on a medical disability. It's easy to write well when one has lots of time to practice, that's all.

don't make excuses for why you write well...

the fact is that you do, and i agree with 425runner, you should become a rep for a supp company at the least, you could sell anything i'm sure...

it's all about playing to your strengths...

#89 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:56 PM

Thanks!

Now for taking piracetam before bed. Last summer when I started, I'd make sure to take the last dose no later than four hours before bed. It worked in the sense that it didn't take noticeably longer to drift off into cloud-land.

Then one evening I got the bright idea to try taking a heaping tablespoon right before bedtime. I knew that it might be hard to sleep but decided to risk it because I was well-slept from previous days.

So I took the tablespoon and went to bed. It took an extra 1.5-2 hours to get to sleep, which is a lot. After that, I went back to the 4-hour offset but soon started taking it a bit later each day. Gradually I worked it forward until I could take that tablespoon at bed and not take much longer (maybe 10-15 minutes longer) to get to sleep.

What helped even more was the return of Good Buds. Because the piracetam was cleaning out my brain, the good herb once again became fun again, and my old habit was a bit after dark anyway... it turned out that a tiny bit o'bud right before bed cut out that last 10-15 minutes and sleep came right away :p

Today even the herb isn't really needed anymore - but I still take a bit right before bed and it makes for amazing dreams. Unlike previously, another effect of the piracetam was to bring back the hyperreal dreams even with that evening bowl, which before piracetam would result in deep but relatively dreamless sleep.

Finally, it's been two weeks since starting 10-12g per day of fish oil (split into two doses, one in the morning and one before bed). It's been a total afterburner for the piracetam jet engine, bringing dreaming to another level entirely. Nightly the most amazing super real dreams, and waking up clearer than clear.

Last night set a precedent for clarity, and among the many dreams I notice they're all new now, which in itself is amazing. In one of them I was walking across a train trestle on the tracks, and had to semi-jump over an area where two horizontal sleepers (ties) were missing. Just the visual and mechanical process of looking down, and seeing the vast chasm through those horizontal slots, then jumping over each in turn was exquisite. The brilliant colour, vivid texture of the wood and rails, and overall scenery was impressive. An amount of detail and feeling that was so real as to be unreal. Plus it was a totally new dream which is always great.

So yeah, it's worthing taking a nice high dose of piracetam right before bed, if one can. It can be a gradual process getting closer each day or week, or a bit of herb can bridge the gap if it's available. Some might just have to avoid taking that last dose too late. Since piracetam clears pretty quick it was never hard to do that back when I had to.

Edited by Isochroma, 19 October 2009 - 08:58 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 LIB

• 232 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:47 AM

Isochroma,

Does taking piracetam counteract the negative effects of THC for you? Do you do any type of "work" on piracetam? school or otherwise?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users