Sinus Problems

sinus congestion pain

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LOOKINGFORTIME

• 70 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

Hello,

For years I have been taking Adderall and now have stopped for about 1 1/2 months.
Dose about 60-90 mgs a day time released.
Now that I have stopped I have to deal with this problem that Adderall really helped take care or covered up.
Now I wake up every morning with pain stuffed head , and puffy eyes. I have tried all allergies medicines with no help.
It is not till the end of the day that I feel better. It is like hell, it is like my life has stopped.

Thank You

#2 cannabidiol

• Life Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:15 PM

Prolonged cardiovascular exercise will cure the problem. keep the cardio up until you feel free flow of air again! If you have no endurance, run at a pace as slow as you can keep up for longer period of time. thrust those arms forward as you run like a boxer while you jog/run. When the problem returns, get back outside and more cardio! keep doing it forever. If you have trouble, try healthy supps. Ones that have no adverse effects. Use ones that help you do cardio (like pqq, or maybe nicotinimide riboside). Make sure the source of the supplement doesn't hurt/kill animals (because I like animals, and am one). 

This is a fool proof way. If you stay out doing cardio long enough, the problem will resolve. patience is key. slow the pace if you get tired. Try to build up over the course of a couple hours or even more. 

ALSO - Anyone here have other suggestions!!! 

Thanks

SpiritElf

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:41 PM

NR can cause tendonitis perhaps it would be better not to take it if exercising the legs

• Needs references x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#4 cannabidiol

• Life Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:23 PM

NR can cause tendonitis perhaps it would be better not to take it if exercising the legs

thank you

#5 YosefANaumovich

• 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:14 PM

Take NAC (N-acetyl-Cysteine) for your stuffed sinuses. NAC is used to treat cystic fibrosis where the sinuses are chronically congested. NAC makes slime (in the nose and elsewhere) thinner and thus allowing for it to pass easily.

Good luck.

#6 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:19 AM

Now that I have stopped I have to deal with this problem that Adderall really helped take care or covered up.
Now I wake up every morning with pain stuffed head , and puffy eyes. I have tried all allergies medicines with no help.
It is not till the end of the day that I feel better. It is like hell, it is like my life has stopped.

This sounds like you have allergies, probably to pollen at this time of year, but could be other things as well.  (dust mites and molds are common)    I doubt that you have tried ALL allergy meds if none of them have worked.   Since it's bad in the morning and clears up by the end of the day, that suggests something in your bedroom; probably dust mites.  Try washing your sheets, pillowcases, and anything else on your bed that's washable.  You can get dust mite-proof casings for mattresses and pillowcases, but that stops the insect, not necessarily the allergen.  New pillows might be a good idea.  Try to keep your bedroom as clean as possible and keep the humidity under 40%.   Your best bet would be to see an allergist and get patch tested.  I've been through this, and eventually got allergy shots that were life changing.

I don't see how running will help allergies.  I also don't see how taking random supplements is likely to help.  How does one know which ones are "healthy"?  NAC might help some-- as Yosef noted, it's a mucolytic.  It's a potent antioxidant, and may have other effects.  I think I'd rather use guaifenesin in a timed release formulation, like 12-hour mucinex.  Neither is a good long term solution.  The best long term solution is avoidance of the allergen and/or desensitization through immunotherapy.   You could also use non-drowsy antihistamines like Claritin and inhaled steroids on a long term basis, if needed.  A lot of people do that.  Some people respond well to 5-LO inhibitors like Singulair, others don't.

• Good Point x 1
  • dislike x 1

#7 LOOKINGFORTIME

• Topic Starter
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:58 PM

Thanks LongeCity members for taking the time to respond. I find all information helpful. I love spending hours on this site.

#8 cannabidiol

• Life Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:32 AM

Prolonged cardiovascular exercise will cure the problem. keep the cardio up until you feel free flow of air again! If you have no endurance, run at a pace as slow as you can keep up for longer period of time. thrust those arms forward as you run like a boxer while you jog/run. When the problem returns, get back outside and more cardio! keep doing it forever. If you have trouble, try healthy supps. Ones that have no adverse effects. Use ones that help you do cardio (like pqq, or maybe nicotinimide riboside). Make sure the source of the supplement doesn't hurt/kill animals (because I like animals, and am one). 

This is a fool proof way. If you stay out doing cardio long enough, the problem will resolve. patience is key. slow the pace if you get tired. Try to build up over the course of a couple hours or even more. 

ALSO - Anyone here have other suggestions!!! 

Thanks

SpiritElf

thorough, well done presentation. Thenks Mike, your years of research have paid off. 
Time to go out for a run.. yo infiniti!

#9 Sangoma

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:35 PM

make a 1% solution of "no more tears" baby shampoo in saline nasal  spray and use daily on waking and going to bed.  I used this daily for several weeks and now I only use it sporadically if I feel the stuffiness returning.  Here is the study behind the reco.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21739098

#10 LOOKINGFORTIME

• Topic Starter
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:43 PM

Thank you Sangoma.

I have not found a effective way of getting any sprays into all of my sinus cavities. 

#11 Sangoma

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:56 PM

The spray that I use comes in little plastic spray bottles.    If held upright and squeezed they create a fine mist but if held upside down and squeezed they emit a solid stream of liquid.   What I do is turn the plastic spray bottle upside down and with head bent back  squirt  a stream of the the liquid into each nostril as I breath in hard through that same nostril.  (it is not a pleasant feeling but you get used to it).  You will  feel it flowing into your throat at some point.  After that hold the bottle vertically with head in normal upright position squeeze the mist into each nostril as you breathe in hard.  

I do not know how effectively I am reaching all the sinus cavities but I do know that the frontal sinus headaches have gone and I do not get nearly as clogged.    It is not an immediate fix.   It will gradually improve over a couple of weeks

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 LOOKINGFORTIME

• Topic Starter
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:13 AM

Thank you so much for your help. I am at the point where I feel that surgery may be my best option.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sinus, congestion, pain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users