- - - - -

Immune to Racetams?

noopept racetam

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 funnyben123

• 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

Hello! I've just recently joined the forums in attempt to figure out if I'm immune to racetams or not.

I thought I'd share my experience and maybe get some insight on how to improve my experience quality of life :)!

First off, I begin every day by taking a multi-vitamin, 2 fish oil tablets and a shot of apple cider vinegar.

Over the past week I've tried the following supplements -
  • Sulbutiamine - I really felt nothing, I waited in anticipation and may have felt slightly more awake but it wasn't prominent enough to be conclusive.
  • Noopept - I have noticed a subtle joy and slight desire to focus on something such as a book, I've taken doses as low as 30mg and high as 300mg. I've also noticed when it first "hits" I space out for about 10 seconds regardless of what I'm doing (happened at a restaurant while a waitress was awaiting my order) but still nothing very prominent, just subtle.
  • Adrafinil - Was really looking forward to the experience but I'd describe it as coffee without the jitters. Nothing really impressive.
  • Primaracetam - Supposedly the most powerful of the racetams but I experienced nothing noticeable. Doses as low as 250mg to 1g with 1g of Alpha GPC.
  • Phenylracetam - Taken at 300mg, noticed elevated heart rate(64bps not drastic), a more the subtle feeling that I want to get things done, focus and attention does seem improved.

I've taken all of these with a choline substance as to alleviate headaches I previously experienced.

My issue is I have yet to notice any significant improvements, I feel like I can't really validate any of the changes because they're subtle enough to be considered placebos.

I've also noticed it feels like my submandibular glands become slightly swollen

I'm a programmer and spend most of my days coding, reading documents, and problem solving which seems like it would be the ideal environment to test cognitive improvements.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by funnyben123, 15 August 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#2 TVO

• 161 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:32 AM

Racetams can take weeks to get the full effects, this isn't adderall your taking don't expect immediate effects.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 Synaesthesiac

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

"Noopept - I have noticed a subtle joy and slight desire to focus on something such as a book, I've taken doses as low as 30mg and high as 300mg."

As LOW as 30mg?? UP to 300mg?? That is a TON of Noopept. Dosages start as low as TEN MILLIGRAMS, I can't believe you have tried taking 300. At that dose there are some purported unpleasant side-effects. And to echo TVO, these aren't "one-off" compounds where you feel an immediate effect. These compounds need to accumulate in your system over time and tend to have a snowballing effect. I'd advise before you take ANYTHING else you seriously do a lot more research before you end up doing something stupid and hurting yourself. And anybody reading this thread, please do NOT emulate the OP and take a ridiculous dose of Noopept like that.

#4 funnyben123

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

I've tapered down to maxing no more than 50mg a dose.

Though I'm fine, and didn't elicit any seemingly hazardous side effects I have read about increased levels of NO in the brain from taking excessively high amounts of racetams.

How long should I consider waiting before taking anything else?

btw, this person has tried 300mg as well

http://www.longecity...-had-to-try-it/

#5 Synaesthesiac

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

I wouldn't say hazardous, but uncomfortable side-effects at that dose seem plausible.

Also, 300mg of Noopept a dose? That will get expensive realllllly quick!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#6 funnyben123

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:43 AM

Agreed!

I wouldn't recommend using any more then 50mg. You have to find your sweet spot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noopept, racetam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users