• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Intense brain fog. All day. Ruining my life.

brain fog mental fog help please fog tired fatigue hypothyroid thyroid

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#181 Cory

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:44 PM

If all else aside, i would be curious as to how your choline intake is. The majority of the population are choline deficient, thus resulting in many issues as well that you mention. Perhaps look into it as well. If you do in fact have hyperthyroidism or not, choline can help manage your brain fog. 

#182 jp.germany

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:00 PM

Hey guys i got the same problem and suffer from brain fog since over a year now. I wonder if any of you guys got healthy again and can let me know what worked for them. Did the high dose of iodine worked?
I visited a doctor and Endo but everyone says I'm healthy but clearly I'm. Not.

Have a good one one guys

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#183 Caravaggio

• 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:46 PM

i had intense brain fog for year and recently have great improvements-still not perfect. for me i think one big factor was chronic high adrenalin.low dose clonidine helped me a lot.i had took a lot of supplements and im sure you tried them , like b vitamins , taurine , minerals , etc.but i think high adrenalin is a major cause, but it may be different for other ppl.

the other suspect is high histamin, in my experience.

im not an expert just gave my thoughts on it, :)

It is my conviction that brain fog is caused by excess acetylcholine, Clonidine lowers ACh and that's probably why your brain fog has improved.

Dynamics of Cholinergic Function pp 1109-1118

Inhibition of Brain Acetylcholine Biosynthesis by Clonidine and Methyldopa: Relevance to Hypertensive Disease

J. Buccafusco

https://link.springe...4684-5194-8_110

The biggest inhibitors of acetylcholinesterase are organophosphates and heavy metals.

Could the OP suffer from mercury toxicity which has similar symptoms to hypothyroidism?

Elemental and Vaporized Mercury Poisoning Symptoms

Elemental mercury toxicity (which usually occurs in the vaporized form) can cause:

mood swings, nervousness, irritability, and other emotional changes,
insomnia,
headache,
abnormal sensations,
muscle twitching,
tremors,
weakness,
muscle atrophy, and
decreased cognitive functions.

https://www.emedicin...rcury_poisoning

Mercury is also associated with high blood cholesterol.

Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2018 Mar;25(7):6265-6272. doi: 10.1007/s11356-017-0905-2. Epub 2017 Dec 15.

Associations between total mercury and methyl mercury exposure and cardiovascular risk factors in US adolescents.
Zhang Y, Xu C, Fu Z, Shu Y, Zhang J, Lu C, Mo X.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#184 James Green

• 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:54 PM

You can try Modafinil or Armodafinil.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brain fog, mental fog, help, please, fog, tired, fatigue, hypothyroid, thyroid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users