• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Why Do I Have Chronic Low Vision / Mental Clarity ??

low consiousness confusion brain fog

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hello, I'm 18 and all my life I've had a different state of mental status / vision which is why I'm here, in hoping to find a cure for it. Now, as I stand I have been diagnosed by the doctors with Anxiety, social phobia, agoraphobia and a little bit of depression which gets worse depending on the day.

But, the main thing that annoys me is my vision, it seems to lack focus or something that I cannot describe. I mean, I can see things normally but not normal at the same time, a lack of clearness or a lowered state of consious.

This had gone away before a couple of times, and has gone away for three days at the most. On the day before it went away I went out with my mates down the beach and sunbathed and drunk a lot of water and coke. At the end of the day I went home, and my vision seemed to change when I moved my eyes, they had a black shadow around the edges in the opposite corner in which I moved my eyes toward and some shaking as well. This seems to be a recurrent thing now.

Anyway, next day and my vision / mental status was back to normal the way it should be, although I still felt quite confused and lightheaded. I don't know what I did that day to change my vision, whether it was the vitamin D, water or melatonin I have not got a clue. I know that it got increadible worse when I drunk alcohol a couple months before.

The first time I drunk alcohol I had really bad symptoms, which lasted for two weeks. These included insomnia, shooting sensations down my spine and shallow breathing. Even when I begain to enter REM sleep my head came over all vertgo feeling and a sensation of falling. I still get a lot of muscle spasms in my knee, thumb and foot as well as tingling but this only happens on my right side and has been lasting sinse april.

I have been tested for hyperthoroidism and nothing, including a CBC and liver fucntion tests etc although not for individual vitamin / mineral deficiencys apart from the main ones, I have been taking vitamin capsules Sanatogen A-Z including additional omega 3,6 and 9.

Also, when ever I stand up I start to come over all faint and my vision goes and my body comes over all tingling and I get a headache after this. I have to sit back down because my balance goes.

Anyway, what's causing all of this???

Thanks for looking :-)

Edited by KieranA001, 24 August 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#2 KieranA001

• Topic Starter
  • 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

I forgot to mention, because I barly drink water ( about 3 glasses a day ). In the past two days I have drunk a lot of water, and still not feeling better but how long will I need to drink the recommended 2 litres for in order to notice an effect if this vision problem is caused by dehydration ?

Edited by KieranA001, 24 August 2013 - 08:28 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

test your blood glucose levels
  • like x 1

#4 KieranA001

• Topic Starter
  • 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

test your blood glucose levels

I just drank half a glass of sugar, and a glass of Pepsi. I will let you know in the morning if I'm better or if their is any difference.

Thanks for your answer, and it makes sense that it could be to do with low blood sugar because on the day I went out with my friends I drunk a lot of Coke and I never normally do that, but I have been tested for diabeties and they said I didn't have it. Hmm.. :/

#5 Layberinthius

• 298 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:25 AM

First things first, STOP drinking alcohol.

Your brain is still growing and it wont stop fully growing until you are at least 25 years old.

By continuing to drink alcohol you are causing irreversable brain damage, there is new evidence to support that drinking under the age of 25 causes brain damage.

Also, when ever I stand up I start to come over all faint and my vision goes and my body comes over all tingling and I get a headache after this. I have to sit back down because my balance goes.

This sounds to me like low blood pressure, but see a doctor to be sure, it could also be a lack of nutrition, if you havent been going to the toilet lately or have been going too often then you need to seek medical help or work on your diet.

It can also be associated with improper glucose levels, diabetes, as a previous poster has said.

Ok, its the water! and because water suspends a lot of things inside of it, your body is exposed to those chemicals/minerals, so buy yourself a $99 reverse osmosis filter on ebay and filter your tap water and drink at least 1 litre per day, I usually drink 1-2 litres per day.

Second, start eating Salmon at least once per week, stay away from tuna it contains too much mercury.

Third, work on vitamins, I've been eating 1/4 of a cup of Pepitas (Pumpkin seeds) per day, they have definatley improved my eyesight, this is probably because I was deficient in vitamins before hand.

Being deficient in vitamins will definatley reduce your eyesight, and alcohol will strip your body of much needed vitamins and minerals.

You can go a long long way to improving your minds health by simply tinkering with your diet!!!

I and your brain need a certian amount of sugar each day, I start my day by taking a swig of full cream milk, this provides me with slow release sugar, this usually goes with Cheerios, Cheerios are full of fiber and having two bowls of it is a good thing.

Edited by Layberinthius, 25 August 2013 - 04:44 AM.

#6 KieranA001

• Topic Starter
  • 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

First things first, STOP drinking alcohol.

Your brain is still growing and it wont stop fully growing until you are at least 25 years old.

By continuing to drink alcohol you are causing irreversable brain damage, there is new evidence to support that drinking under the age of 25 causes brain damage.

I haven't drunk alcohol for ages, and I've only really done alcohol 6 times properly in my life. I've stopped for good now because I don't like the effects. Why people still drink alcohol I don't know...

This sounds to me like low blood pressure, but see a doctor to be sure, it could also be a lack of nutrition, if you havent been going to the toilet lately or have been going too often then you need to seek medical help or work on your diet.

It can also be associated with improper glucose levels, diabetes, as a previous poster has said.

Ok, its the water! and because water suspends a lot of things inside of it, your body is exposed to those chemicals/minerals, so buy yourself a $99 reverse osmosis filter on ebay and filter your tap water and drink at least 1 litre per day, I usually drink 1-2 litres per day.

I think it is low blood pressure which is causing the effects when I stand up, I just haven't got a clue what can be causing the low blood pressure. I have been to the doctors multiple time but they don't do anything!

I have just taken a lot of sugar the night before, and I don't feel any different. I have also drunk a lot of water (about 2L) for the past two days and still no improvement.

Second, start eating Salmon at least once per week, stay away from tuna it contains too much mercury.

Third, work on vitamins, I've been eating 1/4 of a cup of Pepitas (Pumpkin seeds) per day, they have definatley improved my eyesight, this is probably because I was deficient in vitamins before hand.

Being deficient in vitamins will definatley reduce your eyesight, and alcohol will strip your body of much needed vitamins and minerals.

You can go a long long way to improving your minds health by simply tinkering with your diet!!!

I and your brain need a certian amount of sugar each day, I start my day by taking a swig of full cream milk, this provides me with slow release sugar, this usually goes with Cheerios, Cheerios are full of fiber and having two bowls of it is a good thing.

I have been taking a lot of vitamins and my diet in general is not too bad. If it was caused by my diet then why did it go away after that day for three days when I didn't change my diet at all.

Thanks for answering my question :-)

#7 Layberinthius

• 298 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

no problem. This is deduction and self diagnosis. I have been doing this for the last few years myself, I'm 29. What I do is I remove one thing from my life, it could be anything from toothpaste to a specific food or drink and I keep on removing things (fast if need be) until the problem is found and the culprit is found to be the cause.

I found first off that I was allergic to a specific laundry detergent which made me itch, so I found one which doesnt make me itch.

Then I found out that I was allergic to specific kinds of Polyester clothing and blankets, so I now use 100% cotton.

Then I found out that I was allergic to Latex, so I use cotton gloves.

Then I realised that my mind was sensitive to specific things and my mood would change depending upon what I would eat, so I stopped binging on sweets and soft drinks and learn and teach myself how to control myself on how much I drink. I used to drink pepsi/coke like I was a fish, now though I dont drink it at all, only once or twice per year. Even that often I dont want to drink it.

I found that I was addicted to the caffeine/sugar rush that I got from it, my only solution inorder to even consider cutting back on it was to first go cold turkey from it for at least a year first so I can get back to normal, back to what I am normally.

I'm thinking that this is possibly related to sleeping? What kind of matress do you have?

How many hours of sleep do you get each night? I get about 9 on average but will on a bad day sometimes get 7 hours, I end up paying for it a day later when I will get 11-12 hours (sleep-in).

Edited by Layberinthius, 25 August 2013 - 07:04 AM.

#8 KieranA001

• Topic Starter
  • 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

no problem. This is deduction and self diagnosis.

I'm thinking that this is possibly related to sleeping? What kind of matress do you have?
How many hours of sleep do you get each night? I get about 9 on average but will on a bad day sometimes get 7 hours, I end up paying for it a day later when I will get 11-12 hours (sleep-in).

I was just about to post about sleeping! I never seem to dream! I only dream after I have drunk alcohol. The matress I have is semi-ok. It's good enough tbf.

I go to bed at 11:30 and wake up at about 9:00 / 9:30

Edited by KieranA001, 25 August 2013 - 06:59 AM.

#9 Layberinthius

• 298 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:09 AM

Interesting. If you arent dreaming then you need to take something which will make you dream.

Even have nightmares would be something, get the initial dream state started again when you are off alcohol.

I know that a whole chicken (a part of it) makes me have nightmares, that triggers nightmares in me. its something to do with the herbs or the steroids that they put into it.

I'm thinking that once you start to trigger your dreaming again that you/your subcouncious will learn how to do so again.

Thats how it happened for me anyway, I used to take antidepressants and I used to smoke for 2 years, and they stopped me from dreaming. Until I ate something which made me dream again.

You could also go and see a sleep therapist aswell.

Edited by Layberinthius, 25 August 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#10 KieranA001

• Topic Starter
  • 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

Interesting. If you arent dreaming then you need to take something which will make you dream.

Even have nightmares would be something, get the initial dream state started again when you are off alcohol.

I know that a whole chicken (a part of it) makes me have nightmares, that triggers nightmares in me. its something to do with the herbs or the steroids that they put into it.

I'm thinking that once you start to trigger your dreaming again that you/your subcouncious will learn how to do so again.

Thats how it happened for me anyway, I used to take antidepressants and I used to smoke for 2 years, and they stopped me from dreaming. Until I ate something which made me dream again.

You could also go and see a sleep therapist aswell.

Okay, I will try. I know I said I never seem to dream, funny enough I did the day before yesterday after I drunk lots of water. But on a normal basis I may only dream once or twice a year sometimes not even that. I never feel refreshed from a nights sleep like by brain is still sluggish.

I'm just so unaware with my vision, it kinda reminds me of a mental blur

And, just to clarify if I am now drinking 2litres of water a day, how many days do you think I will have to do this to notice a difference ?

Edited by KieranA001, 25 August 2013 - 07:32 AM.

#11 Layberinthius

• 298 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

How much pepsi do you drink? You've mentioned drinking it on a fairly regular basis it seems, I'm thinking that this is the crutch of the problem. Too much caffeine/soft drink and sugar and not enough exercise.

Caffeine, if you drink it for years and years, can end up with the symptoms that you are describing, a lack of muscle, fatigue, feeling of fainting, how much exercise do you do?

I used to be like this in my teens and it feels like such a distant memory now that I almost forgot, I would drink caffeinated soft drink almost every day and I was fully addicted to the sugar and caffeine rush. I used to also have symptoms that you describe.

Please note, you dont need to be overweight inorder to have these symptoms. and dont think of it as anything personal, we all have these problems at times.

I would suggest that if you cut one thing out, cut out the pepsi, you can still drink other soft drinks but try and cut out the caffeine. Thats the main cause I think, too much caffeine for too long.

Edited by Layberinthius, 25 August 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#12 KieranA001

• Topic Starter
  • 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

I don't drink caffeine drinks at all, and the only time I did was on the beach the day before my symptoms went for three days. I don't drink it because of my anxiety. I don't feel the effects of caffeine or sugar anyway.

Oh and yesterday to make my blood sugar high again if it was caused by low blood sugar

I do 1 hour of walking a day. and weigh about 11.7 stone but it fluctuates all the time.

Edited by KieranA001, 25 August 2013 - 07:37 AM.

#13 Layberinthius

• 298 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

Are you walking outside? do you get sufficient sunlight? We need about 20 minutes of sunlight each day.

The only thing left that we havent discounted is sunlight.

If you go out to the beach one day and you havent drank any pepsi, but you have only drank water, then its sunlight that you need. Thats a way to test it.

Its possible that your circadian rythm is all messed up. Get sunlight coming directly into your eyes for a few seconds (obviously close them soon thereafter.)

aside from that, you may need some wiser guidance than what I can provide, seek further advice from here or from another doctor. (ie, get a second opinion)

Edited by Layberinthius, 25 August 2013 - 07:57 AM.

#14 KieranA001

• Topic Starter
  • 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

I spend most of my time on the computer, but I do go outside and get sunlight. I go out everyday to college but not much sun where I live lol

#15 Layberinthius

• 298 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

http://nutrition.abo.../f/sunlight.htm

What you can also do is buy a sunlamp, there are lamps which will increase your vitamin D levels even though you have no ability to get enough sunlight.

Just be careful not to get sunburn, sunburn is bad and can cause cancer :P

#16 KieranA001

• Topic Starter
  • 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

Yeah that's a good idea, I wonder if the bulb will fit a normal light fixture :/ I did buy some vitamin D from the supermarket but it doesn't say what Vitamin D it contains because I think I need Vitamin D3 more than anything.

I was reading something ages ago about Melatonin and focus, I didn't know if it had anything to do with it :/

Edited by KieranA001, 25 August 2013 - 08:13 AM.

#17 Layberinthius

• 298 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

yep, just avoid the LED ones, I dont think LED can give you Vitamin D, it has to be an incandescent sun lamp.

I dont think the Fluorescent sun boxes will do it either.

A halogen desk lamp MIGHT give you the results you need, but you might need extended exposure times. A few hours instead of a few minutes.

Another option is going to a tanning salon and spending a few minutes there under a light. You might need to go there only every 3 days.

A reptile lamp might do it too, those have a standard screw socket.

Edited by Layberinthius, 25 August 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#18 KieranA001

• Topic Starter
  • 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

yep, just avoid the LED ones, I dont think LED can give you Vitamin D, it has to be an incandescent sun lamp.

I dont think the Fluorescent sun boxes will do it either.

A halogen desk lamp MIGHT give you the results you need, but you might need extended exposure times. A few hours instead of a few minutes.

Another option is going to a tanning salon and spending a few minutes there under a light. You might need to go there only every 3 days.

A reptile lamp might do it too, those have a standard screw socket.

Thanks for your help, I will try all of your suggestions. I also think it might be caused by a food intolerance, because I always seem to have raised spots in the center of my chest and under my cheek bones. I also have this red rash under my left leg that has been their for years but I haven't seen a rash like it before...

#19 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Serotonergics. I used to dream very rarely (or at least never remember I did) - serotonergics change that, dramatically. As for sunlight, a philips GoLite Blu combined with Vitamin D will do the same - without the wrinkles.

Edited by nupi, 25 August 2013 - 05:32 PM.

#20 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

Kieran,

I'm not impressed with the doctors you've seen.

I'm wondering what you consume each day as far as food, drugs, supplements, drinks, snacks, medicines, cigarettes, marijuana, etc?

Some of your symptoms may be related to blood sugar, blood pressure, or circulation. The question is, why is a young male who seems to lack a a physical diagnosis and says he eats heathfully having these problems? That isn't normal and it isn't common.

#21 KieranA001

• Topic Starter
  • 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:39 AM

Kieran,

I'm not impressed with the doctors you've seen.

I'm wondering what you consume each day as far as food, drugs, supplements, drinks, snacks, medicines, cigarettes, marijuana, etc?

Some of your symptoms may be related to blood sugar, blood pressure, or circulation. The question is, why is a young male who seems to lack a a physical diagnosis and says he eats healthfully having these problems? That isn't normal and it isn't common.

The doctors that I go to don't know that much, the type of food I consume would be a banana and water to start the day off, then in the afternoon I would eat crisps and more water or make a sandwich until lunch which would be something like flan and chips with peas or the next day it would be pie chips and beans etc then I get a bit unhealthy on Friday and Saturday by eating fish and chips with mayo and a pie and sunday it would be a roast and then three hours after maybe a salad.

The only thing I drink now is either water or chamomile and honey tea, I do notice I am beginning to get pains in my eyes as well now but the doctors don't do anything. The rash on the back of my left leg is still their and has been their for a while although I don't think it's anything to worry about. I've tried looking it up but cannot find anything that matches it.

When I told the doctors about my vision, she asked me how it's different but I couldn't say much because it was hard to describe. I said it was like a lack of focus so she held up a leaflet and told me to read it, she then said it wasn't a lack of focus and that it is all mentally.

The tablets I take are these:

http://www.amazon.co...s=multivitamins

I also take omega 3, 6 and 9 but cannot find the link :D

That's about it, I drink about 1L minimum a day, and sometimes up to over 2L. My piss is always clear so I'm not dehydrated. Although I think it might now be to do with attention.

I think it might be to do with the reticular activating system or something because I'm always on the computer and the light is suppose to be bad. All I know is that is had been like this for far too long. I also have Anxiety, social phobia and agoraphobia, low self-esteem and it is getting really bad to the point where I am afraid to do things in my own house.

I live with my family, very stricked and they're always causing trouble with the neighbors and about a week ago new neighbors moved in and I like one of them but when my nan causes trouble I get this feeling that it's going to make them not like me because of my family. I've been observing my family a lot more without trying to and I feel everything they do recently gets on my nerves and the only way to help is to go out with two of my friends.

Sorry for the long essay by the way. Thanks for your help. :-)

Edited by KieranA001, 29 August 2013 - 06:41 AM.

#22 KieranA001

• Topic Starter
  • 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Oh yeah I forgot to post the rash that I have on my left leg and foot. This has been their for as long as I can remember and only seems to be getting worse. I never used to have it on my foot. Do you think it could be related ?

http://postimg.org/image/5p4ee07ql/
http://postimg.org/image/ejk6whabr/
http://postimg.org/image/p9eh19f51/

Not only that I had one of these rashes on my chest

http://i177.photobuc...zilla/rash1.jpg <-- This isn't me, it's just a picture which contains the rash I have on my neck, not the same amount though, I only have one red spot.

Anyway, anyone have a clue what they are ?

#23 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:24 AM

Your diet could be healthier. Rashes, according to Chinese medicine, are waste material that your body is trying to get rid of. There are two problems: A) that there is waste material and b) that it is being pushed out by your skin, which can because you are too "yin."

I would omit the honey from the chamomile tea and try drinking hot plain green tea as well. Decaffeinated is fine. Sugar and sweets make skin problems worse.

This is a job of work for someone to figure out. I would try to eat a healthy hot breakfast each day. Try to eat a steamed green vegetable every day. Don't consume tobacco in any form, don't smoke marijuana. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day.

This would be a healthy meal: A steamed veggies, brown rice or a potato that isn't fried, and a chicken breast that isn't fried. Stuff like that. Crisps and chips aren't good for you.

I would read my thread about Chinese medicine including diet and lifestyle and how to find a good acupuncturist. I would seek one of them out.

http://www.longecity...inese-medicine/

In addition, you might want to seek out a Naturopath. You might also want to find a therapist who is good at and believes in long term talk therapy. That might help with some of the problems.

If your vision problems are physically based, Chinese medicine can help. It's often best to have something prescribed but these are some things that might help:

Black currant extract capsules.
Ginkgo biloba extract, taken on an empty stomach, will also help your skin.
eating a steamed green vegetable every day.
Avoiding sweets, even honey.
Don't just eat a banana every day for breakfast. Eat different fruits, at room temperature and a hot breakast and a hot drink.
Eat a healthier diet.

I still think there's something causing this that I don't know about. Try to clean up your lifestyle.

Sometimes prescription medications cause rashes. Maybe you could gradually transition to Chinese medicine and talk therapy if psychoactive drugs are causing the rashes.

Think about getting more fresh air and being outside more. Maybe take up more exercise, safely.

Edited by Luminosity, 31 August 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#24 KieranA001

• Topic Starter
  • 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:52 AM

Your diet could be healthier. Rashes, according to Chinese medicine, are waste material that your body is trying to get rid of. There are two problems: A) that there is waste material and b) that it is being pushed out by your skin, which can because you are too "yin."

I would omit the honey from the chamomile tea and try drinking hot plain green tea as well. Decaffeinated is fine. Sugar and sweets make skin problems worse.

This is a job of work for someone to figure out. I would try to eat a healthy hot breakfast each day. Try to eat a steamed green vegetable every day. Don't consume tobacco in any form, don't smoke marijuana. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day.

This would be a healthy meal: A steamed veggies, brown rice or a potato that isn't fried, and a chicken breast that isn't fried. Stuff like that. Crisps and chips aren't good for you.

I would read my thread about Chinese medicine including diet and lifestyle and how to find a good acupuncturist. I would seek one of them out.

http://www.longecity...inese-medicine/

In addition, you might want to seek out a Naturopath. You might also want to find a therapist who is good at and believes in long term talk therapy. That might help with some of the problems.

If your vision problems are physically based, Chinese medicine can help. It's often best to have something prescribed but these are some things that might help:

Black currant extract capsules.
Ginkgo biloba extract, taken on an empty stomach, will also help your skin.
eating a steamed green vegetable every day.
Avoiding sweets, even honey.
Don't just eat a banana every day for breakfast. Eat different fruits, at room temperature and a hot breakast and a hot drink.
Eat a healthier diet.

I still think there's something causing this that I don't know about. Try to clean up your lifestyle.

Sometimes prescription medications cause rashes. Maybe you could gradually transition to Chinese medicine and talk therapy if psychoactive drugs are causing the rashes.

Think about getting more fresh air and being outside more. Maybe take up more exercise, safely.

Thanks, I will try your methods. They seem quite fair to be honest apart from I'm currently living with my family who don't really listen to me based on what they buy, otherwise I'd be eating healthy all the time.

I will however, do as much as I can in order to eat more healthy and will try to limit cold food because it uses your energy to warm it up of something. Acupuncture sounds good. :-)

Edited by KieranA001, 31 August 2013 - 06:52 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#25 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

Glad to hear it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: low consiousness, confusion, brain fog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users