• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

FGL - NCAM-derived FGF peptide sparks synaptic plasticity, promotes LTP, and improves memory in rodents

fgl ltp ncam synaptic plasticity peptide

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 p3x888

• 133 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

I have an office in the Philippines that I could receive a package and then have it reshipped to the US if that would be helpful. Maybe they would ship to an Asian address.

#32 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

Based on the size I'm guessing you can take it nasally too, for people scared of needles. But it's not studied at all, so be careful if someone decide it.

The dosage is probably smaller too, making it more cost-effective.

A study indicates a single intranasal dose between 25mg-200mg is safe. Xenix is getting good results from injecting 0.25mg / 2x daily, so intransal dosing at that range should be very safe in terms of acute effects, but there don't appear to be any studies on long term effects.

In an 8-day, open-label, phase I study, 24 healthy male volunteers (mean age 42 [range 24-55] years) received single intranasal doses of FGL(L) (25, 100 and 200mg) in accordance with an ascending dose, sequential-cohort design.

Conclusion: Intranasal administration of FGL(L) (25, 100 and 200mg) was well tolerated in healthy male volunteers, with no safety concerns and a pharmacokinetic profile that was generally dose related.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....5?dopt=Abstract

5mg for $49.95 so 200mg will costs $2000, we should really consider the minimum (cost) effective intranasal dose..

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

Xenix, what are the effects one and a half month after your first update?

#34 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

whoa with the pricing, even if they do ship in usa, this is too much of a price.

#35 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

Possible for Xenix to update us on his experience with it?

And did anyone else buy it, how was your experience if you did?
  • like x 2

#36 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

https://www.uselitepeptides.com/

#37 Virtual Reality

• 118 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Do you still take it Xenix?

#38 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

Would FGL even survive being shipped from Hong Kong to Europe or the US, without being totally degraded?

#39 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

Is anyone aware of human studies other than the intranasal one?

#40 telight

• 173 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

https://www.uselitepeptides.com/

They don't sell FGL....
  • like x 1

#41 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:05 AM

Any further word on this is appreciated. The herein contained n=1 review is a little on the shy side to sufficiently get any understanding of this agent. ;)

If anyone has the chance to quickly fill in as to what the perceived s.c. or i.m. dosing would best correlate to research as made public for FGL and even BCL that is much appreciated.
  • like x 1

#42 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:44 AM

Are there any updates about safety and so ?

Btw: to shoot a dissolved powder in my muscle or veins, sounds somehow risky to me.
I would allways use a 15mu particlefilter.

#43 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:10 AM

Btw: to shoot a dissolved powder in my muscle or veins, sounds somehow risky to me.
I would allways use a 15mu particlefilter.

15? You mean 0.2 I hope? Unless I'm mixing stuff up..

#44 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

Sry my fault.
Thought that 15mu were enough, like for the particle contamination from glasvials like cerebrolysin.

#45 RAFT LIFE

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

Hey guys, I believe intranasal would be the optimal form of administration. That is the roa they used in human testing see: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17375985
Im all in on a group buy

#46 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

Hey guys, I believe intranasal would be the optimal form of administration. That is the roa they used in human testing see: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17375985
Im all in on a group buy

That's great! I was so fed up with the injections at the end of my Cerebrolysin trial, so not very keen on doing that again. Intranasal injection would be great. Definitely in for a group buy.

#47 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

Im all in on a group buy

Why would it be optimal? The dosages (compared to OP) are 100x bigger, thus the cost will raise sharply.

#48 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:13 AM

Im all in on a group buy

Why would it be optimal? The dosages (compared to OP) are 100x bigger, thus the cost will raise sharply.

And I dont believe that it is cheap

#49 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

Anyone bioassay this besides Xenix who posted a link that is questionable and now defunct?
Anyone aware of other assays?
  • like x 1

#50 telight

• 173 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

I'm currently trying to get the nootropics supplier Ceretropic to stock the FGL peptide, the reddit thread is here .
If you are interested please be sure to show your interest there so maybe we could get this going.

Edited by telight, 07 April 2014 - 08:25 PM.

• like x 1

#51 Ceretropic

• 86 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:38 AM

Hey guys, Paul from Ceretropic here.

Are we absolutely sure that 250mcg is an effective dosage? The studies I am seeing online are significantly higher than that. It seems that we only have a single anecdote to go on here. Subcutaneous rat dosages were 6.6mg/kg. Corrected for allometric scaling, that put it around a 1mg/kg human dosage. For my body weight, that would be 81mg.

If the dosage really is 250mcg, then I can definitely get a custom synth of it going. It would probably run $39.99 for a 5mg vial. Obviously if the dosages are 80mg, that is not going to work out.

• like x 2

#52 aarfai

• 75 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:55 AM

Hi Paul! 

I believe the dosage is 250 mcg 1-2x/day. For what it's worth longecity members Xenix and PAM2 both dosed 250 mcg/day.

In for custom synthesis.

#53 telight

• 173 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

Hey guys, Paul from Ceretropic here.

Are we absolutely sure that 250mcg is an effective dosage? The studies I am seeing online are significantly higher than that. It seems that we only have a single anecdote to go on here. Subcutaneous rat dosages were 6.6mg/kg. Corrected for allometric scaling, that put it around a 1mg/kg human dosage. For my body weight, that would be 81mg.

If the dosage really is 250mcg, then I can definitely get a custom synth of it going. It would probably run $39.99 for a 5mg vial. Obviously if the dosages are 80mg, that is not going to work out.

This is great! $40 for a 5mg vial seems like a good deal. I realize that the studies are showing dosages much higher than Xenix has used, but keep in mind that he injected FGL into the muscle and the one human study seems to be more concerned with FGL's tolerability and pharmaceutical properties (i.e. is intranasal administration as effective as injection). I have read 4 anecdotes concerning this substance at lower dosage of 250ug, all of them have been very good. Of course this doesn't actually mean anything, or is a substitute for actual science. I do think the risk/reward ratio here is good enough for me to invest $40 to try this. I'm sure many people on the forum feel the same way.

The real question is, how much interest do you need in order to be able to provide it to us at a cost of $40/5mg? I realize that you would be taking a huge risk if everyone that previously took this substance was actually experiencing a mass placebo effect and FGL is not active in the doses that you can provide us.

#54 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

This peptide should cost <$2/mg to produce, with any reasonable quantity, being a very simple 15-mer peptide.  No 'exotic' amino acids or bonds ;)

#55 Ceretropic

• 86 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

If we can get 20 people interested, that would justify the order. We would have to order more vials than that, but this is not a group buy, so I do not expect to have everything sold upfront. But it looks like it could be an interesting peptide. I'll certainly give it a shot.

Veritas, if you know of a reliable peptide lab that you would recommend, let me know. My guys are good, but sometimes give me good prices for some things, and higher prices for others. This is also for at least 99% purity. They can do 98% and 95% at lower prices, but I always tell them to make it as pure as they possibly can.

#56 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

Is the 250 mcg dosage for injection or for intranasally?

#57 Ceretropic

• 86 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

Also, not to hijack this thread, but I have them ready to make the 3 main peptides that are found in Cerebrolysin too.

Why is everyone injecting 5ml of a solution extracted from pig brains that is mostly amino acids, and only 15-25% peptides, when they can inject 5-10 units of the pure peptide itself? Also, lowering the volume of dosage and making it just the pure peptide opens up the ability for subcutaneous injection, rather than intramuscular. Cerebrolysin only has between 6-9mg of the active peptides in each ampule.

I got quotes for 100mg vials of each of the three peptides. It's expensive, but could be really interesting.

Is the 250 mcg dosage for injection or for intranasally?

From what I am seeing it is subcutaneous injection. Intranasal is not going to be 100% efficient, so the dosage would most likely need to be increased.

• like x 2

#58 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

I am definitely interested in FGL.

#59 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:27 AM

Great one !

But are You certain that those peptides are responsible for the Cerebrolysin effect i.e. activating the Hedgehog pathway ?

And what about the remaining peptides, what are their effects ?

Edited by Flex, 09 April 2014 - 05:30 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 telight

• 173 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

If we can get 20 people interested, that would justify the order. We would have to order more vials than that, but this is not a group buy, so I do not expect to have everything sold upfront. But it looks like it could be an interesting peptide. I'll certainly give it a shot.

Veritas, if you know of a reliable peptide lab that you would recommend, let me know. My guys are good, but sometimes give me good prices for some things, and higher prices for others. This is also for at least 99% purity. They can do 98% and 95% at lower prices, but I always tell them to make it as pure as they possibly can.

Great! Does this mean that you are planning to stock it? If so, I am excited. How long do you think it will take to have it synthesized and available for purchase? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fgl, ltp, ncam, synaptic, plasticity, peptide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users