• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Feeling the need to get a deep breath all day and I just cant.

hyperventilation oxigen

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lrco

• 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

i feel like i need to yawn or sigh wth a deep breath constantly. i mean we are talking every 5 minutes all day long.. for 1 year now...

Its not stress related. im not really anxious..like.. never.. so i dont know why that.

i guess its some cronic hyperventilation but i dont know why i get that or how can i solve this problem...

. I meditate, do breathing exercises. but this crap just keep happening..it's really annoying and i guess it can damage my body because hyperventilation can do that.

I dont know what to do really.. help?

#2 robosapiens

• 163 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyspnea

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

Feeling a need to take a deep breath, yet not being able to satisfy it is a classic anxiety symptom. I'm assuming that you are relatively young and healthy, and that you don't have COPD or congestive heart failure. Can you physically exert yourself, doing something like running or swimming or working out in a gym? If you can do that without being really seriously out of breath, then pulmonary/cardiovascular problems are not likely. If a benzodiazepine anxiolytic agent causes the problem to go away, then you have your answer- it's anxiety. Then you need to sort out the source and get it worked out. If it's not anxiety, but you're able to exercise normally, then it's probably something more weird. Have you talked to a doctor about it?
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

what is your BMI?

#5 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

Being out of breath is a classical symptoms of heart problems. You may have a leaky valve or some other serious problem, so please go to a doctor and make sure he sends you to a cardiologist to rule out this possibility.
  • dislike x 1

#6 lrco

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

I think it's just a bad habit. I'm in shape, do physical exercises, I am not anxious. I've done all this and cardiovascular examinations and its finel. Even when I'm hanging out with friends having a beer, I feel it, I think as I said is a bad habit I got to breathe through my mouth ..i guess i will have to recondition my breathing pattern.

#7 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

I think it's just a bad habit. I'm in shape, do physical exercises, I am not anxious. I've done all this and cardiovascular examinations and its finel. Even when I'm hanging out with friends having a beer, I feel it, I think as I said is a bad habit I got to breathe through my mouth ..i guess i will have to recondition my breathing pattern.

Anxiety is funny. It doesn't always feel like you might imagine it. You could be having anxiety-related symptoms without feeling nervous. I'd try a single dose of a benzodiazepine anxiolytic. (valium, xanax, etc) If that takes care of it, you have your diagnosis, and then you can set about solving the root cause. What do your doctors think is going on?

#8 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

It could be that you're concentrating on your breathing too much and this is causing anxiety; the cycle just repeats and it never gets better. How is your life in general? Do you socialize much? Rather than focusing on your breathing, try to be more engaged in activities and people to take your mind off it. As reassurance, you can get an ECG done, and some blood work.

Edited by Matt, 04 October 2013 - 02:08 AM.

• like x 1

#9 BLimitless

• 218 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Check your pelvic tilt.

See: http://www.yourwelln...bryonic-breath/

Essentially your pelvis is probably tilted forwards. You most likely have tight hip flexors and weak glute muscles.

Learn how to reactivate your glutes.

TheBroBrah's Guide To Correcting Excessive APT. - Bodybuilding.com Forums

When you have anterior tilt, your breathing is locked into shallow mode. Shallow mode is the opposite of natural breathing. Try barefoot tai chi on grass and get a real feel for the way your hips and legs move around.

Truly natural breathing will feel deeply restful and serene. There is the feeling of sitting down even while standing up as one is locked into place. So give it a go!

Edited by BLimitless, 10 October 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#10 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

Are you taking anything? Supplements, drugs, etc.?

#11 reiat

• 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

A friend told me her chiropractor said that has something to do with your liver. 

• dislike x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users