• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Anyone experienced with DE(diatomaceous earth) ?? Please comment on it's internal use

diatomaceous earth fossil flour food grade silica silicon

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hallucinogen

• 359 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

Does anyone know of real studies done with Food Grade DE(diatomaceous earth) ?
Personal Experience ?
Dosages that work and the best way to take it and when ?

It's uses for Cleansing and also as a Silica supplement ?

Does the body utilize the silica well enough from it from about 1-2 tablespoons a day ?

How Safe is it to ingest Food Grade DE(diatomaceous earth, or Fossil Flour) ? Is constipation a common thing with it ? etc

I was thinking about getting a Bamboo Extract...but it All comes from China, and Non of it Organic, and it has other minerals like alumina in it and i'm sure loaded with other heavy metals, since it's coming from one of the most polluted places on Earth...

Anyways, does anyone know of the ULTIMATE Source of decently bio-available silica ? Ortho-silic acid is just way too expensive, looking for natural sources, and i'm not about to start drinking beer

Thank you for clearing this up !

Edited by hallucinogen, 26 October 2013 - 03:59 AM.

#2 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

my dad used to put diatomaceous earth in our swimming pool, called it dinosaur bones.

i take jarrowsil, but im curious if there is a better source as well

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

Great stuff! Kills ants dead and is non-toxic. :laugh:

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

i take jarrowsil, but im curious if there is a better source as well

I've used both BioSil and JarrowSil, and my only complaint is the price. JarrowSil looks like the cheaper option, but BioSil is more concentrated, so on a dollar per milligram basis, I'm not sure it's such a great deal. We had a thread here recently about high-silica mineral waters. Some of them really have a lot, others have hardly any.

I kind of doubt that diatomaceous earth is a good source of bioavailable silica. Most silica compounds are not very soluble. It might work, but it's kind of a crapshoot. No idea about constipation, but that is something I'd want to keep an eye on. People use clays to induce constipation in the case of diarrhea, and DE has some aspects in common with clay.

#5 hallucinogen

• Topic Starter
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

THIS Is What I Gathered so far:

It really seems AMAZING so far, i got a 5kg Food Grade Fossil Flour coming in, I would never use something like this internally if I didn't feel absolutely good about it, and after a lot of research into it, logic and common scientific sense, I do feel good about it and believe a therapeutic course will be immensely beneficial to most of us here !

Basically, it works by altering the waxy coating of parasite exoskeleton, which prevents them from retaining water and thus drying them out until they die...

and all the numerous pores of different size in it work in trapping different chemicals, just like molecular seeves for drying solvents, which trap different chemicals by having opening of varying sizes measured in angstoms

and the Flour is so fine that it should not damage healthy intestinal walls by scratching, it contains 99.5% of amorphous silica and only less than 0.5% of crystalline silica,
you would do more damage by eating sand...

PS. More than Enough of silicon is being absorbed from just 1 tablespoon a day, the effects are clear

Here are the sources:

Diatomaceous EarthGeneral Fact Sheet
(http://npic.orst.edu...eets/degen.html)

Diatomaceous Earth read very cerfully specially my bit at bottom
(http://www.cancerfor...y-bit-at-bottom)

[One person's opinion] about Diatomaceous Earth
(http://bedbugger.com...tomaceous-earth)

Diatomaceous earth - anyone have bad side effects?

(http://www.marksdail...hread48468.html)

View Food Grade Fossil Shell Flour DE Technical Data Analysis

View Food Grade Fossil Shell Flour DE MSDS

Edited by hallucinogen, 07 November 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#6 presently

• 13 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:16 AM

I've ingested diatomaceous earth for two periods of approximately a week apiece, and both times felt like it was obliterating my short-term memory. I would forget what I was going to say halfway through a sentence and eventually became afraid to talk at all because I knew I couldn't hold a thought long enough to express it. I blame the high aluminum content, close to 1000 ppm, i.e. 1% aluminum. Both times the memory problem slooowly got better after I stopped taking DE internally and used magnesium malate and apple cider vinegar (a source of malic acid) in hopes of chelating aluminum. I won't be using diatomaceous earth for anything but brushing the plaque (and enamel) off my teeth from now on.

If you really want to kill ants, nothing halfway safe to handle works better in my experience than aspartame! The DE has to stay dry to work, but not the NutraSweet.

#7 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

I've ingested diatomaceous earth for two periods of approximately a week apiece, and both times felt like it was obliterating my short-term memory. I would forget what I was going to say halfway through a sentence and eventually became afraid to talk at all because I knew I couldn't hold a thought long enough to express it. I blame the high aluminum content, close to 1000 ppm, i.e. 1% aluminum. Both times the memory problem slooowly got better after I stopped taking DE internally and used magnesium malate and apple cider vinegar (a source of malic acid) in hopes of chelating aluminum. I won't be using diatomaceous earth for anything but brushing the plaque (and enamel) off my teeth from now on.

I dont see how fossil flour can obliterate your short term memory.

You probably ingested a Pool Grade Powder not for human consumption maybe??

Food Grade Diatomaceous earth doesnt contain toxic metals, which is why its safe for consumption.

The pool grade and pesticide grade contains many different toxic stuff, including high amounts of crystalline silica, it can contain anything from 60- 70% silica which is different to the Food Grade earth which only contains less than 1%.

Try a better source of diatomaceous earth next time.

Edited by Mr.Nootropic, 21 May 2014 - 03:00 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 presently

• 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

>  You probably ingested a Pool Grade Powder not for human consumption maybe??

The stuff I used was labeled Perma-Guard, which is food grade according to their web site.

http://www.perma-guard.com/

>  Food Grade Diatomaceous earth doesnt contain toxic metals, which is why its safe for consumption.

Analysis of Perma-Guard:  http://www.nmia.com/...tp/deanlsbw.htm

2 ppm mercury, 5 ppm lead, 10 ppm barium.  It may be safe for consumption, but "doesn't contain toxic metals" is false.

I was mistaken in saying that the aluminum content was 1%.  1100 ppm is actually 0.1%.  I'll blame my math error on all the lead I've eaten. :-)

Edited by presently, 10 July 2014 - 03:45 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diatomaceous earth, fossil flour, food grade, silica, silicon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users