250mg -500mg Of Uridine Is Too Small Of A Dose

uridine

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 NootKing

• 21 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Is 250mg too small of a dose ?

Considering numerous doctors and scientists and studies recommend taking 2 grams a day.
And the safe upper limit is 10 grams, the side effects from taking more than 10 grams, is Diarrhea.

Taken From The FDA Website

''It may be concluded from the above that the oral toxicity of Uridine is extremely low. For
example, dogs tolerated doses of 250”mg/kg bw/day for 120 days, there was no evidence of
reproductive or developmental toxicity at doses up to 416-mg/kg bw/day, and it was not
genotoxic. The only side effect reported in humans was diarrhea at daily oral doses greater than
approximately 10 grams/day. This is a self-limiting side effect. It may be further concluded that
Uridine, at suggested daily doses of up to two grams per day as a dietary supplement, should not
elicit adverse health effects.''

I think that we should be taking more than 250mg, considering the extreme low toxicity.
Ive been taking, 5 grams a day for 2 months, and 2 grams a day for 12 months.
Its relieved my depression and i have tonnes of energy now.

I think we should up the dose to at least 2 grams a day.
In my personal experience I felt no effects from taking just 250mg a day

What do you think ?

Edited by NootKing, 30 October 2013 - 04:45 PM.

• dislike x 1

#2 Werper

• 190 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Have you been taking it sublingual?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 NootKing

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

I forgot to add, it took about 8 weeks for me to feel any effects from Uridine, this is because i was taking 250mg Capsules for the first 6 weeks, I didnt feel any effects from taking the capsules.

I got a hold of some Uridine Powder and this is when i decided to Mega - Dose Uridine, First at 1 gram a day for 2 weeks and then 2 grams a day on and off for a year.

Have you been taking it sublingual?

Hey.

I took it in Capsules at first.
But now i scoop 5 grams a day and throw it in a Juice and Down it ! lol I scoop 2.5 grams and down it twice daily.
I just down it with Water or Juice, im no beginner when it comes to Gulping down nasty stuff.

Lets just put it this way, Spirulina and Wheatgrass are 20x worse than Uridine. And i used to Drink Spirulina for a few months, until it was unbearable.

Edited by NootKing, 30 October 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#4 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

If you dose the 250mg UMP sublingual, you will have a different opinion. Oral dosing is not efficient in delivering the UMP to your brain and is a waste of UMP. There is like a 72 page thread on this.

#5 NootKing

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

If you dose the 250mg UMP sublingual, you will have a different opinion. Oral dosing is not efficient in delivering the UMP to your brain and is a waste of UMP. There is like a 72 page thread on this.

Yeah, I mix it with water and leave it in my mouth for 2 minutes, swish it around under the tongue etc.. then i down it. So i guess im absorbing some of it sublingually. I sometimes place it under the tongue first but i always wash it down with water.
I feel no effects from 250mg, ive been taking Uridine for over 14 months and what works for me is 2 grams mixed with water or juice, leave in my mouth and then i down it.

Im going to leave all of the information about sublingually taking Uridine in that other 72 page thread.
I didnt start this thread to talk about that, theirs enough info in that other thread.

Ive tried everything, and 2 - 5 grams is what works for me. Ive tried taking 250mg - 500mg sublingual under the tongue alongside capsules for 2 months but i didn't notice any effects.

So i upped the dose, and mixed it with water and ive been having amazing results ever since. (Results by relieving depression)

All i know, is what im doing works, as my depression is non-existant, compared to what i used to suffer from, i rarely feel depressed ever since Mega Dosing Uridine alongside Fish Oil.

Edited by NootKing, 30 October 2013 - 09:18 PM.

#6 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

I call BS on this thread. Nootking has 12 prior posts without any value. I guess he wants to sell more Uridine. Maybe the offer on this site is related?
http://www.longecity.../page__st__2160

#7 Werper

• 190 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Yeah, Bs is right, that's why I didn't bother responding.

#8 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

For what it's worth, I've never found any benefit from dosing uridine sublingually. And I'm a fan.

#9 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

Yeah, I mix it with water and leave it in my mouth for 2 minutes, swish it around under the tongue etc.. then i down it. So i guess im absorbing some of it sublingually. I sometimes place it under the tongue first but i always wash it down with water.
I feel no effects from 250mg, ive been taking Uridine for over 14 months and what works for me is 2 grams mixed with water or juice, leave in my mouth and then i down it.

Im going to leave all of the information about sublingually taking Uridine in that other 72 page thread.
I didnt start this thread to talk about that, theirs enough info in that other thread.

Ive tried everything, and 2 - 5 grams is what works for me. Ive tried taking 250mg - 500mg sublingual under the tongue alongside capsules for 2 months but i didn't notice any effects.

So i upped the dose, and mixed it with water and ive been having amazing results ever since. (Results by relieving depression)

All i know, is what im doing works, as my depression is non-existant, compared to what i used to suffer from, i rarely feel depressed ever since Mega Dosing Uridine alongside Fish Oil.

Those capsules have filler and the filler might interfere with sublingual absorption. That is just a theory, a possible reason why 250mg didn't work so well for you. Taking 250mg straight powder with no filler gave me very strong effects when I first started taking uridine, including headaches, which I almost never get and so shouldn't be coincidental. I couldn't imagine taking a lot more, but if this works for you then that is great.
  • like x 1

#10 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

I noticed that you posted a link to this study in your reddit thread(no results posted): "Effect of Uridine on GABA and High Energy Phosphate Levels in Healthy Volunteers (Uridine-GABA)"

http://clinicaltrial...udy/NCT01261260

They use 2 grams per day of uridine in that study. You probably would have got a better reception from your OP if you had included that like you did in your reddit thread... Makes me want to give higher dose uridine a try...

#11 NootKing

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:06 AM

I call BS on this thread. Nootking has 12 prior posts without any value. I guess he wants to sell more Uridine. Maybe the offer on this site is related?

Offer on what site ?

Sell Uridine ?

If you check my other post's you will see ive posted a whole study

and nobody replied, so i posted this ..

For what it's worth, I've never found any benefit from dosing uridine sublingually. And I'm a fan.

Yeah, that is the sad reality of supplements and nootropics in general.
Some substances work On certain people that dont work for others.

For example, ive tried Rhodiola Daily for 2 months on 2 seperate occasions, and i didn't experience any real results at all.

#12 NootKing

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:27 AM

I noticed that you posted a link to this study in your reddit thread(no results posted): "Effect of Uridine on GABA and High Energy Phosphate Levels in Healthy Volunteers (Uridine-GABA)"

http://clinicaltrial...udy/NCT01261260

They use 2 grams per day of uridine in that study. You probably would have got a better reception from your OP if you had included that like you did in your reddit thread... Makes me want to give higher dose uridine a try...

Yeah that was me posting that study.

Thanks, but after using the internet for 15 years I don't care about receiving a better reception from Random people lol, People can claim this is bullshit.

But the fact is this, ive been doing this for 14 months and its working for me. I suffered from Depression for over 5 years and ive finally recovered with the help of supplements, well i'd say ive recovered about 95%, ive just got a little longer to go and i'll recover 100%, (hopefully).

And another fact is, there are a few studies on this, like the one you saw on reddit,
Their is a .pdf on the FDA website that recommends to take 2grams daily and the upper safe limit is 10grams.

I did post that study in this Forum but not one single person replied, so i made this thread. Because it seems that people think 250mg is the dose recommended, when ive seen in studies that Uridine is safe at up to 10 grams.

I dont care about people being hostile or disagreeing with me, they are entitled to their opinions.

Edited by NootKing, 02 November 2013 - 04:54 AM.

• Cheerful x 1

#13 NootKing

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

Ohh, Your talking about The guy Promoting Smart Powders ?

I dont really care about Smart Powders, i live in England, that company is over in the U.S, i get my Uridine from a source In the U.K.

I've never even tried any of Smart Powders products, i was interested in their Galantamine one time but never bothered due to shipping costs.
I'm taking URIDINE UMP Not URIDINE.. Smart Powders only has Uridine or some other Unknown substance..

Im taking a different Substance..
Uridine - 5 -Monophosphate is what im taking. Not Uridine.. Sorry for not Saying Uridine UMP and not being clearer.

I forgot to say UMP, but i thought most people would know what Jarrow Formulas sell. And what most people take is Uridine UMP.

Im going to create a new thread, in more detail and in a DIARY format, instead of a small paragraph.
The whole point of this thread was to get other people's opinions.

Edited by NootKing, 02 November 2013 - 04:43 AM.

#14 NootKing

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:47 AM

Yeah, Bs is right, that's why I didn't bother responding.

Ok.

Ok. Check my First Thread http://www.longecity...-uridine-a-day/

If its of no value to you, then fine.
But ive never seen anyone post this study.

I thought people would be interested in such a study, but i guess not.

#15 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

I'm not going to dispute that 2 grams is or isn't safe but for me it certainly isn't the optimal dose. And from my own experiences, sublingual dosing had substantial effect while oral dosing had none. All substances have either some form of U or inverted U dose response and after that, more isn't better. However, we all will have different dose responses (due to genetics, metabolism, and other biological reasons) and what is optimal for one may not be for another.

I've used UMP for 2 years non-stop at various dosing schemes (I believe I was the first to report and suggest sublingual early in the 73 page mother of all UMP threads) and have settled on 250-300 mg sublingual once per day (on rare occasion b.i.d.) as while 300 mg sublingual leaves me feeling centered and focused, much more than that (at least sublingually) tends to make me feel lethargic and dull. And true sublingual dosing requires leaving under the tongue until totally dissolved and absorbed through the oral mucosa...not dissolving in a liquid and swishing in the mouth for a few minutes and then swallowing the vast majority.

Also, I should mention that I didn't experience nearly as good of effects opening and using capsules sublingually as I do bulk granular UMP. I suspect, as someone else mentioned, that it apparently has something to due with the binders and fillers in the capsules...it would tend to form a bolus under the tongue rather than dissolving and absorbing.

Regardless, oral dosing will not be as efficient as sublingual which bypasses first pass digestive metabolism and enters the blood stream directly with the vast majority flowing directly to the brain before entering liver metabolism. Beyond that, the ideal dose, like many substances, will vary from individual to individual due to each of our unique biological chemistry and genetics. BTW, genetic based medicine is the medicine of the future.

#16 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

The filler hypothesis does make sense. Can I ask what's your source for granular UMP?

This would be the most obvious issue with higher doses: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20544544

Edited by celebes, 02 November 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#17 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

http://www.superiorn...tegory_Code=COG

Bottom of the page. The first batch I bought 2 years ago was the most granular (like coarse salt) and actually preferred but the 2 batches since were slightly finer (like fine salt). The last batch I bought 250 grams some time ago which should last +2 years.

#18 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:18 AM

Thanks, ordered. Hope it does the trick!

#19 NootKing

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

Thanks, ordered. Hope it does the trick!

What are you aiming for ??

Regarding the use Of Uridine ? What are you hoping for whilst taking Uridine ?

In my experience, it's pretty effective in helping depression. ( Combined with Fish Oil)
My brain feels less foggy and i feel more alert and energized.

This could be from the Omega 3's and Fatty acids in the Fish Oil and Krill oil i take.
But Overall, Uridine is effective. In my experience.

I can confirm this, because i have taken Omega 3 and Fish Oils about 5 years prior to even discovering Uridine, so i know Uridine is definately playing a role in improving my health.

Because when i was supplementing with Omega 3's and fish oil's alone, i did not notice a major improvement in my mental health regarding depression or anxiety. However, i noticed a significant improvement when i introduced Uridine (UMP) about 14 - 16 months ago.

Edited by NootKing, 03 November 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#20 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

For cognitive and emotional problems that go along with PTSD. Uridine's the single most effective supplement I've found for that and incredibly benign compared to stuff like Curcumin and Fish Oil. But taking a gram or two regularly was getting too rich for my blood.

#21 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

Have you all considered Triacetyluridine (TAU; fat soluble)? It's highly more bioavailable and that is what I use. Also please see my previous post on this from awhile back for lots of more information.

http://www.longecity...r-dha-vitamins/

#22 ken_shiro

• 127 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

2x300mg/day of ump, sublingual, works fine for many people.
I think 4x300mg/day, with fish oil (800mg dha) and 3x100mg citicoline is enough safe.

Usually I take 2x300mg ump.
I tried 3x300mg, no problem, works fine.

I use ump to study (brain plasticity).

Edited by ken_shiro, 23 November 2013 - 04:15 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#23 Hotforpips

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:22 AM

Just to add: 250mg x 2 oral not effect over 12 weeks or no noticeable effect, as soon as sublingual administration results! Increasing dosage slowly to find the sweet spot.
I assume everyone sorts their nutrition out and monitors it as if not results will not be as good. Diet is very important.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uridine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users