• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

what are some sleep inducing supplemental regimens?

sleep

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 vil12378

• 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:12 AM

Best bet is ultimately going to be a better job. As other have mentioned, avoid caffeine and practice good sleep hygiene (e.g., go to bed at same time, wake up same time, no lights, etc).  Try to limit computer use a few hours before bed, use apps like Flux to dim your computer. As for supplements, melatonin, valerian are good choices. If still not effective, try benadryl, or generic unisom. If that doesn't work low dose of certain antidepressants (trazodone, doxepin, etc) can work. At low levels you mostly get the antihistamine effects.

• Enjoying the show x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#32 chris85

• 34 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:05 AM

I found American skullcap effective for sleep, I take it in a tincture made from fresh not dried plant material taken twice daily - in the normal dose range. I managed to get off lyrica using this herb and I feel better as a result.

Melatonin and magnesium both gave me insomnia which was weird. I didn't find valerian or hops that effective.

Edited by chris85, 26 July 2017 - 11:06 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sleep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users