* * * * * 1 votes

Sulbutiamine ADHD Log

sulbutiamine arcalion arcalion 200 adhd add attention deficit

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 bernard

• 355 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

After my unsuccessful Modafinil experience, this time I decided to give Sulbutiamine a try.

Sulbutiamine is a lipophilic (fat-soluble) analogue of Vitamin B1 (thiamine) which crosses the blood-brain-barrier easier than thiamine itself. Its main mechanism of action is thought to occur in the part of the brain which affects motivation and arousal, explaining its positive effects on mood and energy.

Sulbutiamine is shown to increase cholinergic activity in the hippocampus, meaning that it positively affects acetylcholine levels in the brain, improving memory. It also potentiates glutamatergic activity in the prefrontal cortex (PFC) - the part of the brain used in co-ordinating complex cognitive behaviour, decision making and moderating correct social behavior. When sulbutiamine acts on the PFC, it affects intrasynaptic glutamate levels which ultimately improves both memory and mental performance.

I decided to go with Arcalion by Servier which is USP-grade and sold only in pharmacies. I bought it myself and I know it's legit.

Posted Image

It comes in 200mg tablets and contains 30 tablets in total. The therapeutic dosage has been reported to be 12.5 mg/kg, which corresponds to 850 mg for a 68 kg (150 lb) person. However, it should be noted that dosage recommendations vary. The manufacturer of Arcalion, for example, recommends no more than 600 mg per day. One box costs about $30.

13:00: I got it on the mail today and immediately took one 200mg tablet after a heavy meal containing about 30g of protein, 20g of fat and 100g of carbs. Keep in mind that this ingredient is fat-soluble so it probably won't work very well if at all if taken on an empty stomach or with a fat-free meal. Same goes for all other fat-soluble vitamins.

20:00: At the time of writing this post I am not feeling any effect except maybe an energy drink-like rush. Mental energy of sorts, but am not sure if it's real.
I will keep writing this log until the box is out or I decide to quit for other reasons.

#2 bernard

• Topic Starter
  • 355 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

12:00 - Took 2 x 200mg at the same time today. No difference. I think it makes me a little bit more organized and focused, but it's just a little bit. We'll see how it goes.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Beendazedandconfused

• 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

I tried this did nothing for me , hope you get better results

#4 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

Instead of taking it after a heavy meal, try with breakfast in the morning, that's how it works best for me. Take the Sulbutiamine first, then something fatty immediately after. It doesn't have to be heavy, even a full-fat yoghourt can do the trick. I sometimes take a slice of cooked fatty fish ( salmon usually ) damped in olive oil. Then proceed with your usual breakfast. Sometimes a meal too heavy can slow down absorption too much.
Also read this thread, it's full of info.

#5 bernard

• Topic Starter
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

I don't do breakfasts. I am on the intermittent fasting. I could do a 10-11am meal though. The fatty thing needs to be before the Sulbu not after. Same goes for all liposoluble compounds. Thanks for the thread, I ll give it a shot.

#6 mrd1

• 460 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:26 PM

Wow thats a beautiful supply of sulbutamine! I wish mine wasn't in a random bag now.

Sulbutamine takes time to work. If you actually want to give it a try you should wait atleast 6-8 weeks. Also, this is not a approved treatment for adhd and would probably better serve as a adjunct.

#7 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

Your dose is too low.
  • dislike x 1

#8 bernard

• Topic Starter
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

I've been taking a 200mg pill everyday for the last few days and I am starting to feel some effects. I don't know if it has anything to do with Sulbutiamine but it probably does.

1. I am feeling much more energized. I've been cleaning the house all day. Washing the dishes and everything.
2. I am no longer making stupid impulsive decisions. I am more organized and I am not spending money where I shouldn't. I even started an Income/Expense excel sheet to better track my personal finances.
3. I am getting more creative. I am getting better ideas in general.

Will keep taking it and will keep you up to date with what happens.

Wow thats a beautiful supply of sulbutamine! I wish mine wasn't in a random bag now.

Sulbutamine takes time to work. If you actually want to give it a try you should wait atleast 6-8 weeks. Also, this is not a approved treatment for adhd and would probably better serve as a adjunct.

PM me if you need.
  • like x 1

#9 EnvyMySanity

• 12 posts
  • Location:In your head, your myelin sheath between my fingers

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:17 AM

Good luck with it. I have been getting the same good results after a few months of taking it. It was used for Aesthenia (CFS) long ago and I have noticed that energy is more available even if the "brain" wants to be lazy. Like you are thinking " I have go to do such and such, but I don't feel like it" then the next thing you know you are doing "such and such" despite your aversion to doing "whatever".

Good stuff and definitely wins the award for the absolutely nastiest tasting substance in the known universe.

#10 bernard

• Topic Starter
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

I am planning to increase the dosage to 400mg next month and keep taking it for 3 months. I am feeling a little more depressed than usual, probably due to its dopamine lowering effects.

I am also feeling the effects that you describe - the anti-laziness protection.

My Sulbutiamine comes in sugar-coated pills so I don't feel a thing :)

#11 bernard

• Topic Starter
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

I am still taking one 200mg pill per day and I am beginning to feel a very noticeable increase in Hyperactivity and decrease in Motivation. This is not good and is probably caused by sulbutiamine's ability to lower dopamine levels.

#12 bernard

• Topic Starter
  • 355 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

Took 2 x 200mg today with about 3 hours between the two dosages. I have been feeling very groggy today and experiencing a mild diuresis. It's 21:00 and I am barely keeping my eyes open.

#13 bernard

• Topic Starter
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

Took another 2 x 200mg with about 4-5 hours between the dosages and the results weren't nice at all:

1. First thing is that I no longer feel benefits to my organizational and anti-laziness skills.
2. I am experiencing somnolence during the day and insomnia during the night.
3. Sensitive skin and itching all over the body.
4. Mild headaches. Especially on the right part of the head.
5. Diuresis

Now - all or some of these may or may not be caused by sulbutiamine at all, because I take other supplements as well which are - Vit.D, Vit.K, Vit.C, Cal-Mag-Zn and sometimes NAC. I also have five amalgam fillings that are soon to be removed. While it is possible that some of the other supplements are causing the side effects, it's not very likely. I am also listening to binaural beats, but I doubt they are causing diuresis as well.

I will be taking my last 2 x 200mg sulbutiamine dose tomorrow.

Edited by Tatsumaru, 15 January 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#14 bernard

• Topic Starter
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:33 AM

Grand Conclusion:
I am officially off the Sulbutiamine now. I did take it at 2 x 200mg for the last few days with no added benefit and I did take the drug for an overall of 20-25 days. At first Sulbutiamine improved organizational skills at an above placebo-level, but these effects were short lived. I was told that the magic of Sulbutiamine was in the long-term where it worked to increase dopamine receptor density. However I am an ADHD sufferer and I do have very low dopamine levels already, therefore I already have very high dopamine receptor density. Why would I aim for higher ? Again no long-term value for me.
I had some mild side-effects as stated in my log as well.
All in all I think Sulbutiamine is worthless for ADHD-HI and will not be added to any stacks of mine at this point. However if you are an ADHD or ADD sufferer and you are interested in Sulbutiamine, please do try it by all means. Don't let my personal experience be the sole factor to affect your judgment.
As for me... I am off to experimenting with the next drug/treatment...

#15 AlwaysLearning

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

Interesting information, thanks. I suffer from ADHD combined type, myself. I tried taking sulbutiamine around a year ago briefly. If memory serves, I was taking 1 g a day, though it might have been less. I found that it provided a clear energizing effect for the first few days, then became counter-productive, with an opposite effect. (For context, I was taking Vyvanse, Strattera, and Mirapex as my regular ADHD regimen.) Apart from the possibility of regulatory/transcriptional adaptations, there is also the possibility of some sort of depletion. In my case, I didn't notice any rebound effect, so the latter actually seems rather likely in retrospect. Did you try any broad-spectrum supplementations, e.g. multivitamins, amino formulas?

#16 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

They used like 2 gram doses in the fatigue study. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#17 dopaminerush

• 42 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:05 PM

i used thing with smoking and pseudoephedrine before 600mg  and noticed same shit it is giving some boost and after there is nothing. im not smoking now and on ritalin sometimes.

i will try it for ritalin crash  and report what i got.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sulbutiamine, arcalion, arcalion 200, adhd, add, attention deficit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users