* * * - - 2 votes

The Younger I get the more sleep I need

telomere expression reverse aging meow

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

All them Pesky old folk keep telling me "the older you get the less sleep you'll need son".

But on the contrary I find that as my life progresses I can never sleep enough, even if I am sleeping 10-15 hours a night!

It reminds me of when I was a child, because there would be nights that I would indeed sleep for up to 15 hours and still feel like I could sleep more.

My theory is that my Telomeres are getting longer, and as such a lot of the physiological expressions of youth are coming to the forefront again.

Older people seem to have more tolerance of less sleep. For example they seem to be able to tolerate 4-5 hours a night without it effecting them much. I can sleep a full 8-9 hours and still feel as if I need a lot more. With or without the aid of melatonin and other such herbal sleep stimulants.

There has to be some cellular expression going on here because of all i'm that i've been doing for health and longevity.

Has anyone else experienced this inverse phenomenon?

Are you getting younger too?

Huh? Huh? Huh?
  • dislike x 8
  • like x 1

#2 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:42 AM

Hormone levels drop off as we age and our glands start to calcify and crap out. I would say you are not getting younger but maybe your pituitary is working well, if it is not some medical condition causing you to sleep so much. Are you taking any unique supplements like epitalon? Your telomeres could indeed be getting longer but that is speculation.
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#3 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

Maybe the longer my Telomeres get the more rest I need?
  • dislike x 5
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

Well there's a way to test that theory. Do you have a lot of moles showing up? If not then your telomeres are not getting significantly longer. I can't tell if you are trolling or if you are genuinely stupid.
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#5 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

Well there's a way to test that theory. Do you have a lot of moles showing up? If not then your telomeres are not getting significantly longer. I can't tell if you are trolling or if you are genuinely stupid.

lololol And they criticize people for being nasty here?

You need to get some UVB!
  • like x 1

#6 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

I slept 11 hours last night and still felt like I needed another 8 hours. What be up with this G?

Why ya'll being mean? Jealous that I can actually sleep?

I mean I do work full time, so that might have something to do with it. But many of my friends my age and older always say they can't get more than 5 hours a night. I'm like 'wtf?' for real?
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#7 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

People who can't sleep for more than 5 hours (who are trying to, there's always some idiots believing they got better things to do) should see a doctor. Any age.

I have occasionally noticed that sleeping a very long time leaves me tired. There definitely seems to be an inverse U relationship between feeling fit and sleep time....

Edited by nupi, 04 January 2014 - 10:06 PM.

• like x 2

#8 Next

• 42 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

I slept 11 hours last night and still felt like I needed another 8 hours. What be up with this G?

Why ya'll being mean? Jealous that I can actually sleep?

I mean I do work full time, so that might have something to do with it. But many of my friends my age and older always say they can't get more than 5 hours a night. I'm like 'wtf?' for real?

I'm with ya man, I do 10-11 hours regularly. I think I may have sleep paralysis to some degree and also suffer from bipolar and am thinking this could possibly contribute to this.

I can not function with less than 8 hours. If I do 6 hours and then have a hectic day, the next day I will sleep for 12 hours, period. I have always been like this and also a late riser.

This causes me some concern as whenever I get close to a girl I push away because I am worried that my sleep schedule won't allow time and just that she will think I'm a lazy bum.
  • like x 1

#9 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

I think I may have sleep paralysis to some degree and also suffer from bipolar and am thinking this could possibly contribute to this.

Bingo. People who suffer the torment of Bipolar/depression definitely need more sleep than 'normal' people. That shit takes a lot out of us, but I am still convinced there is more to it. Because I seem to require more sleep now than I did 5 years ago. And it seems to be an inverse linear phenomenon.

This causes me some concern as whenever I get close to a girl I push away because I am worried that my sleep schedule won't allow time and just that she will think I'm a lazy bum.

^^ This could be related to something called developmental trauma, but that is an entirely different subject and may be explored here at some point.

#10 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

I slept 16 hours last night. But that's because I only slept 5 hours the prior two. The body is a weird thing bro. 

#11 Debaser

• 108 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

It's well known that sleeping a lot actually makes you more tired. But it's not necessarily good for you. It's very common when depressed to just sleep all the time and feel like you have no energy.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#12 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:31 AM

It's well known that sleeping a lot actually makes you more tired. But it's not necessarily good for you. It's very common when depressed to just sleep all the time and feel like you have no energy.

Or it could mean you are catching up on lost sleep. 

• dislike x 1

#13 Debaser

• 108 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

Or it could mean you are catching up on lost sleep. 

It's a myth that you need to repay a sleep debt by sleeping more than usual. You just need a good night's sleep (e.g. 8 hours) every night. Quality over quantity. Sleeping for 12 hours isn't really that beneficial.

Edited by Debaser, 30 May 2014 - 06:34 PM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#14 Adrastus

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

"How much sleep we should get depends on our age. The older we get, the less we need. An infant needs 14 to 15 hours of sleep; a toddler needs 12 to 14 hours of sleep; school-age children need 10 to 11 hours; adults need anywhere from 6 to 9 hours of sleep.

People who are chronically sleep-deprived, those who chronically have poor-quality sleep, and pregnant women may need an increased amount of sleep. Older people may have interrupted sleep and need naps during the day.

In general, adults who sleep less than six hours and more than nine hours may have a shorter lifespan."  

Edited by Adrastus, 01 June 2014 - 04:52 PM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#15 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

It's a myth that you need to repay a sleep debt by sleeping more than usual.

Citation?????

#16 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:57 AM

"the older you get the less sleep you'll need son". 

LOL I love cute things old people say!

• like x 1

#17 Arjiuna

• 16 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:13 AM

Well there's a way to test that theory. Do you have a lot of moles showing up? If not then your telomeres are not getting significantly longer.

As an individual with skin that appears to be painting itself with more of the major constellations every few years, this possibility excites me greatly.

#18 orion602

• 83 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:42 PM

Well there's a way to test that theory. Do you have a lot of moles showing up? If not then your telomeres are not getting significantly longer.

Im curious now. Is there an evidence, that lenghtening telomeres would be accompanied with appearance of new moles ?

#19 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:40 PM

I think any change in the sleep cycle outside the norm is a danger sign.My sleep is terrible. I sundown a lot and its worsening of course.

#20 Clacksberg

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:06 PM

Im curious now. Is there an evidence, that lenghtening telomeres would be accompanied with appearance of new moles ?

Only the work of Prof Dick Codsworthy..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: telomere expression, reverse aging, meow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users