• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How to Reverse the Negative Side Effects of Marijuana?

cannabis marijuana weed bud dope memory concentration

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tauku

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

I'm a marijuana user and I have been for a period of 2/½ years. I am today 20 years old and suffer from depression. I still remember the effects I had from my first blunt. It was so strong that I could not feel any part of my body besides my head for the entire duration of time that I was affected by the drug. The effects would with time lessen gradually and I would go less numb all over my body untill I would never get numb at all.

After the numbing, I started to notice the dumbing down. I can forget what I am talking about in the middle of a conversation. My vocabulary has gotten worse and I no longer use any complicated words or sentences. My friends have for the last year called me "dizzy" and have been distansing themselves from me.

When I'm under the effect of Marijuana my cognitive abilities seem to return. I get crazy ideas, I talk much more and I'm able to verbally formulate myself in a proper way if not under the influence of Marijuana then my cognitive abilities are as bad as ever. I study to become a programmer but I cannot for the life of me remember what I did yesterday or recall/remember important things I've been told throughout the day. I'm constantly placing my concern over the fact that my life may be over and that's where my depression kicks in.

"Cannabinoid receptors also control a lot of other chemical neurotransmitter interactions within the brain (Neuromodulation) and this produces the same effect as above (overdrives them into not working properly. This is a classic case of a stupified dope fiend, whose normal neurotransmission has been modulated, slowed and shot by consuming too much THC too soon via the cannabinoid receptors.
These neurotransmitters, that are affected by Marijuana use, are responsible for concentration, learning, memory retention and nerve growth factor among many others.
So by now you can start to see how Marijuana can affect the brain negatively or positevly if you like your thought processes to diminished and subdued."

I only ask to have my life back. I want to know what medicines will cure me of my problems. A simplified list of medications that contain the neurotransmitters necessary to fix my situation. I'm not a doctor and I haven't studied chemistry for years. I'm not capable of making a list for myself even if I had a list of recommended items from which I could pick what to take because some of them might neutralise each other when combined.

I simply want a working medication list that will not neutralise the other medications when combined together.

#2 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

1. Stop using marijuana. Stop smoking cigarettes if applicable. Snuff is acceptable if you really have to use nicotine, but it would be better to stop altogether. Reduce alcohol use to as little as possible. Reason: Self-explanatory. Neither of these fix the problem, and they have the potential to make it worse.

2. Start cardiovascular exercise. 45 min brisk walk every day at the same time. If you are severely undertrained, start at 20 min for the first week. Tape your feet if they are sensitive, or you risk blisters that will discourage you from continuing. Escalate to gradual jogging after 2 weeks.
Check out http://www.nhs.uk/Li...ouch-to-5k.aspx
Reason 1. Exercising improves your physical status, which in turn makes you feel more able and competent, which improves your mood.
Reason 2. Spending time out of doors and getting increased light reduces depressive tendencies.
Reason 3. Exercise increases neuroplasticity, making it easier to change other habits and to learn new things.

3. Look over your diet. Increase fresh vegetables, reduce or eliminate processed foods. Reduce or eliminate everything with added sugar. Drink more water. Don't eat hydrogenated oils or margarine. Replace those fats with quality butter, extra virgin olive oil and extra virgin coconut oil.

4. For supplementation, try the uridine based stack by Mr Happy - it has a strong potential to improve your mood and rebuild your brain. As you say you are depressed, you should not take choline with it in the beginning.

5. If you have the chance to participate in mindfulness training, I'd recommend that as it has been very helpful for me. By reducing the tendency to act on impulses and get stuck in ruminations, or at least catch oneself quicker when it happens, it is a skill that makes it easier to bring about all other changes of habit, as well.

Your life is not over until you are dead. You can not change the past and you can not live in the future. If you do your best here and now, day by day, as well as you can, the future will take care of itself.
  • like x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 lammas2

• 137 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

http://www.longecity...-from-cannabis/
http://www.longecity...h-a-supplement/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannabis, marijuana, weed, bud, dope, memory, concentration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users