* * * * * 1 votes

PRL-8-53 User feedback

prl-8-53 coluracetam

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#31 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:31 AM

PRL-8-53 has performed well beyond my expectations. I have some brain damage from multiple concussions and years of substance abuse, and had completely given up on such cognitive tasks as remembering lengthy sequences of events or the names of people I've recently met. But here are two anecdotes as examples of what's been happening for me:

* Last week I was delivering meals to home-bound people (Meals on Wheels) and I was doing a combination of 2 unfamiliar routes. So I drove on many unfamiliar roads and met many new people. Later in the day, without even consciously realizing that I was doing it, I found myself easily visualizing the entire route and every little detail of what happened, in the order things happened. I could see all the faces, see the streets, even remembering things like the placement of speed bumps. When I realized what was happening I was just delighted, it was very exciting to have this awakening of memory.

* Today I worked on a public art installation project with 8 people I had never seen before, and I easily remembered each name for the duration of the day, without having to have anyone repeat it for me as I normally do.

Given that these are mere anecdotes, they're only meant to hint at possibilities of this substance for treating people with memory problems caused by traumatic brain injury. Perhaps PRL-8-53 could speed the recovery process for people who suffer concussions. Maybe I'll slip some to a few University of Texas football players... it's not like anyone is drug-testing for this shit!
  • Informative x 2
  • like x 2

#32 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

deeptrance,
What was your dosing protocol? Have you seen the positive effects persisting?

...anyone else wish to share experiences who may have engaged this substrate? ;)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:47 AM

deeptrance,

What I bought came with a very tiny green scoop. I began by testing about half a scoop (extremely inaccurate) which may have been anywhere from 300 micrograms to 2 mg, just once with breakfast. Since then I've taken it somewhat haphazardly, usually 2 or 3 times a day, and now I use a full scoop which I would guess to be between 1 and 3 mg. It's hard for me to gauge effects of any single substance because I take so many, but I've not experienced any negatives whatsoever.

On the other hand, I had a horrid reaction to coluracetam when I took too much. It was actually scary and I barely remember any of it because it sent me into a bizarre altered state.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'll just finish by saying that I have a generally very positive sense of what prl is doing and I plan to stay on it.
  • like x 1

#34 blueenigma

• 47 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:37 AM

deeptrance,

What I bought came with a very tiny green scoop. I began by testing about half a scoop (extremely inaccurate) which may have been anywhere from 300 micrograms to 2 mg, just once with breakfast. Since then I've taken it somewhat haphazardly, usually 2 or 3 times a day, and now I use a full scoop which I would guess to be between 1 and 3 mg. It's hard for me to gauge effects of any single substance because I take so many, but I've not experienced any negatives whatsoever.

On the other hand, I had a horrid reaction to coluracetam when I took too much. It was actually scary and I barely remember any of it because it sent me into a bizarre altered state.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'll just finish by saying that I have a generally very positive sense of what prl is doing and I plan to stay on it.

Please do tell! What precisely was the altered state like!? Are there any remnants you can recall?? I just finished my coluracetam jar but always took no more than 10g at once?

#35 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:13 AM

Every racetam can really be a doomer for certain people specially those who encounter some light to moderate psychological issues and for those whom their brain chemestry don't let enjoy any potential good effect if there's any.. I really hate coluracetam too but not as much as prami or ani or even sunifiram. PRL is more smooth and is more gentle with our mind, therefore it's a better place to go, nevertheless It's very hard to weigh it's effectiveness, since I had on it some rush of powerfull instant burst of working memory, but nothing really enoughly consistent to make me hail it. Anyway it could be a placebo but I don't with some mild advantage why not ?
  • dislike x 1

#36 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:24 AM

Does anyone know the half-life or estimated 'active-life' duration of effect offhand (for a 'standard' dosing)?

#37 nootropicsandsarms

• 43 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

PRL-8-53 in good effect?

#38 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

In case anyone is curious: As of a few days ago, New Star Nootropics has another batch of PRL-8-53 in stock. Nootropics Depot has it as well.

#39 Maxpower

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:43 AM

Wondering if anyone has any experience having this compound shipped to Australia? Any issues arise? I don't have any research credentials whatsoever is this likely to be a problem?

My PRL 8-53 arrived in Australia a few days  with no problems. I ordered it from Nootropicsdepot and it arrived within a week.

#40 SirReal

• 15 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

Got my PRL in the mail from nsn yesterday. As finals are in a few days I'm not doing a "proper" trial run first, just adding it to the stack. Hopefully after finals I'll be able to do some objective tests of PRL, but for now I guess I'm just the average user not really contributing much to our understanding of the individual compound. 

#41 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:29 AM

I tried less than 1 mg total of PRL-8-53 (sublingually) earlier today (~8hrs ago) to rule out any allergies before trying a larger dose for the first time. Presently, I have a slight rash on one of my elbows. It's more than likely a coincidence and in such a small amount likely would not likely trigger anything serious (SJS for example). However, it is a possibility that PRL-8-53 caused the rash, so for the mean time I will have to discontinue experimenting with it.

The above leads me to the following question: Has anyone had any adverse reactions or rashes related PRL-8-53?

#42 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:46 AM

Please do tell! What precisely was the altered state like!? Are there any remnants you can recall?? I just finished my coluracetam jar but always took no more than 10g at once?

Pardon the extremely delayed reply. My altered state on a coluracetam overdose was clearly an NMDA/glutamate receptor overdrive situation. My entire body was hyperactive with micro-twitches and I felt like I was totally losing my grip, very ungrounded. I would have had a panic attack but I don't get into that anymore, instead I just look at what's happening and remind myself that everything is temporary, and if I can figure out a way to change things then I do. So I did --- I took some etizolam to calm myself until the effects went away.

Since then I did an experiment with noopept and PRL-8-53, plus choline and uridine, at bedtime! Wow, this was a VERY COOL experience but don't try this if you need a good night's sleep! I took about 30 mg of noopept and maybe 2-3 mg of PRL8-53, an hour before bed. I also took my usual fish oil, melatonin, gabapentin, and valerian. I got sleepy but it was an alert sleepiness, where it's like my body was going to sleep but my mind was totally awake. This is the closest I've ever come to lucid dreaming. I honestly don't know if I slept during the next 3 or 4 hours, all I know is that I had extremely vivid memories and fantasies which blurred together into something like a dream. So I don't know if I was dreaming or awake! During this time I was able to recall some episodes and people from many years ago. It seemed like I was able to penetrate every corner of my mind to which I turned my attention.

I would have to say this experience was golden and one that I recommend to others who aren't afraid of going deep into their own minds. However, I am not knowledgeable as to the potential risks of this combination so maybe it's not a wise thing for others to imitate. Use your best judgment based on what you know of yourself. I think the key ingredients were the noopept and PRL8-53, plus the DHA in fish oil. When I started taking fish oil at bedtime it kicked my dream life into a new level but nothing like what happened on this one special night.

#43 blueenigma

• 47 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:00 AM

Pardon the extremely delayed reply. My altered state on a coluracetam overdose was clearly an NMDA/glutamate receptor overdrive situation. My entire body was hyperactive with micro-twitches and I felt like I was totally losing my grip, very ungrounded. I would have had a panic attack but I don't get into that anymore, instead I just look at what's happening and remind myself that everything is temporary, and if I can figure out a way to change things then I do. So I did --- I took some etizolam to calm myself until the effects went away.

Since then I did an experiment with noopept and PRL-8-53, plus choline and uridine, at bedtime! Wow, this was a VERY COOL experience but don't try this if you need a good night's sleep! I took about 30 mg of noopept and maybe 2-3 mg of PRL8-53, an hour before bed. I also took my usual fish oil, melatonin, gabapentin, and valerian. I got sleepy but it was an alert sleepiness, where it's like my body was going to sleep but my mind was totally awake. This is the closest I've ever come to lucid dreaming. I honestly don't know if I slept during the next 3 or 4 hours, all I know is that I had extremely vivid memories and fantasies which blurred together into something like a dream. So I don't know if I was dreaming or awake! During this time I was able to recall some episodes and people from many years ago. It seemed like I was able to penetrate every corner of my mind to which I turned my attention.

I would have to say this experience was golden and one that I recommend to others who aren't afraid of going deep into their own minds. However, I am not knowledgeable as to the potential risks of this combination so maybe it's not a wise thing for others to imitate. Use your best judgment based on what you know of yourself. I think the key ingredients were the noopept and PRL8-53, plus the DHA in fish oil. When I started taking fish oil at bedtime it kicked my dream life into a new level but nothing like what happened on this one special night.

Thanks for the reply. Do you recall how much coluracetam you took? I've recently started on it again and have upped it to 30mg. But I don't take it daily. I'm always concerned that I'm particularly prone to anxiety whilst on nootropics since I have periodic standalone anxiety attacks, without taking nootropics. Also, have you noticed memory enhancement (retention,recall) on PRL?

#44 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:14 AM

Do you recall how much coluracetam you took? I've recently started on it again and have upped it to 30mg. But I don't take it daily. I'm always concerned that I'm particularly prone to anxiety whilst on nootropics since I have periodic standalone anxiety attacks, without taking nootropics. Also, have you noticed memory enhancement (retention,recall) on PRL?

I may have taken about 40-50 mg coluracetam, and I had some sunifiram that day, which I would have taken at about 5 mg. That amount of sunifiram alone is enough to put me at the upper limit of my capacity to handle glutamatergic substances, and the coluracetam on top of that was overwhelming. I might be an outlier in my sensitivity to this particular effect. For instance, I cannot handle nutritional yeast in doses higher than a tablespoon, whatever that weighs. I love the taste of that stuff and was getting into a habit of eating spoonfuls of it, and in that time I was also having increasing problems getting to sleep. I would lie down and feel like my whole body was going to explode with uncomfortable energy, and my heartbeat pounded in my ears. It took me a while to figure out that it was the yeast. It's high in free glutamic acid, which is readily converted into glutamate and thus stimulates glutamate receptors.

So there you have it, you ask an innocent question about coluracetam dosage and end up reading about nutritional yeast overdoses.

I have not noticed any lasting effect on memory that I can attribute to PRL8-53. What I can attest to instead is that if I take a good amount of it (at least 2 mg) prior to something I want to remember, I will remember it better, but I've only tested this for episodic memory. It can give me near-photographic memory for timelines and what I was seeing and doing for the next few hours. That's pretty cool. But i think that effect was strongest right in the beginning and has faded.

#45 Mr. Pink

• 226 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

Do you recall how much coluracetam you took? I've recently started on it again and have upped it to 30mg. But I don't take it daily. I'm always concerned that I'm particularly prone to anxiety whilst on nootropics since I have periodic standalone anxiety attacks, without taking nootropics. Also, have you noticed memory enhancement (retention,recall) on PRL?

I may have taken about 40-50 mg coluracetam, and I had some sunifiram that day, which I would have taken at about 5 mg. That amount of sunifiram alone is enough to put me at the upper limit of my capacity to handle glutamatergic substances, and the coluracetam on top of that was overwhelming. I might be an outlier in my sensitivity to this particular effect. For instance, I cannot handle nutritional yeast in doses higher than a tablespoon, whatever that weighs. I love the taste of that stuff and was getting into a habit of eating spoonfuls of it, and in that time I was also having increasing problems getting to sleep. I would lie down and feel like my whole body was going to explode with uncomfortable energy, and my heartbeat pounded in my ears. It took me a while to figure out that it was the yeast. It's high in free glutamic acid, which is readily converted into glutamate and thus stimulates glutamate receptors.

So there you have it, you ask an innocent question about coluracetam dosage and end up reading about nutritional yeast overdoses.

I have not noticed any lasting effect on memory that I can attribute to PRL8-53. What I can attest to instead is that if I take a good amount of it (at least 2 mg) prior to something I want to remember, I will remember it better, but I've only tested this for episodic memory. It can give me near-photographic memory for timelines and what I was seeing and doing for the next few hours. That's pretty cool. But i think that effect was strongest right in the beginning and has faded.

interesting about the yeast. i take brewer's yeast at night for immunity. you think that might be interfering with my sleep? i am not particularly sensitive to glutamate during the day (i've been taking about 20-30 mg of suni with mild effects at most), but i have had insomnia my whole life and try to avoid anything at night that could remotely impact sleep.

#46 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

interesting about the yeast. i take brewer's yeast at night for immunity. you think that might be interfering with my sleep? i am not particularly sensitive to glutamate during the day (i've been taking about 20-30 mg of suni with mild effects at most), but i have had insomnia my whole life and try to avoid anything at night that could remotely impact sleep.

It would probably be smart to change your schedule and take the yeast in the AM. I have no problem with yeast during the day. The problem I developed was a result of taking increasingly large amounts fairly late at night, because I thought it was so easy to digest that it wouldn't interfere with sleep if I took it close to bedtime! Oops.

#47 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:27 PM

An update. I've taken it repeatedly in higher dosages in the last 48 hours. No adverse reactions. The rash or reaction I had above was unrelated to the PRL-8-53.

Fantastic substance so far. I plan on using it heavily over the next several days to better gauge its potential as a nootropic. I'll try to post my initial feedback of PRL-8-53 in roughly a week.

#48 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:36 PM

An update. I've taken it repeatedly in higher dosages in the last 48 hours. No adverse reactions. The rash or reaction I had above was unrelated to the PRL-8-53.

Fantastic substance so far. I plan on using it heavily over the next several days to better gauge its potential as a nootropic. I'll try to post my initial feedback of PRL-8-53 in roughly a week.

My experience was day 1-2 it felt great and subsequent dosing nothing.

#49 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:41 AM

My experience was day 1-2 it felt great and subsequent dosing nothing.

I agree, tolerance develops rapidly. I'm taking a break, I'll write my initial impressions of it soon.

#50 TheDoorsOfPerception

• 11 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

Any follow-ups here?

To me it really seems like the PRL-8-53 jury is still out. I feel like I still don't have any conclusive thoughts whether it is beneficial.

Please & thank you! :)

Edited by TheDoorsOfPerception, 06 January 2015 - 05:58 PM.

#51 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:39 AM

I'm taking a break, I'll write my initial impressions of it soon.

Define "soon." Whenever you can get around to it, that is... ;)

Any follow-ups here?

To me it really seems like the PRL-8-53 jury is still out. I feel like I still don't have any conclusive thoughts whether it is beneficial.

Please & thank you! :)

Welcome to the forum, or at least to your first post.

I'm still happy with PRL-8-53 and I use it the same way as before, just a couple times a week when I want to have more clear memory of a few hours of life. It seems like it helps with encoding information in such a way as to make it very accessible later on, so it's great for helping me remember dreams. All of this could just be my own fantasy of imagined effects, though, so take it with a grain of salt. I do not have the discipline and patience to conduct controlled experiments with these substances.

Edited by deeptrance, 07 January 2015 - 05:41 AM.

• Informative x 1

#52 TheDoorsOfPerception

• 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:16 PM

Thank you. :)

More than a pleasure to be here.

#53 stponky

• 60 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:44 AM

The first time I tried PRL, as I was going to sleep, I remembered a guy I knew from grad school and looked up what he was doing now.

I stopped for many months and tried it again yesterday. As I was going to sleep again, I remembered that I got a particular book out of the library in high school. That memory must be over 20 years old.

PRL seems to trigger random memories for me. I feel I can navigate my memories a little better with it. However, for me, the effect does not last after a few hours and dies down after trying it for several days. Seems like it is on the right track though.

Edited by stponky, 08 January 2015 - 06:46 AM.

#54 TheDoorsOfPerception

• 11 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:03 PM

Yeah, ok, idk....

I may just literally be a 100% non-responder, but, I've noticed absolutely nothing different.

I was even going over notecards I needed to study; no change, positive or negative, encoding or retrieval. Just....nothing noticed.

NOW! That doesn't mean nothing happened. That would require testing (which this drug has oh-so sadly a next to nothing done on it; ergo, leading me to the supposition that perhaps that one experiment was a fluke, mistake, etc.)

#55 mf6lol5

• 25 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:20 PM

I have also noticed no significant improvement or difference in performance when taking PRL-8 53

#56 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:00 AM

I haven't noticed it being helpful with performance. Instead, it seems to work mainly on episodic memory. So the remembering of an event or person from many years in the past, like stponky was saying, is very similar to what happens for me. I've used it during the day when reading and being all up in my head, and it hasn't had any noticable effect on my focus or comprehension. It might help me remember "what I did yesterday afternoon" but if what I did was "read about nootropics" I won't find there to be any improvement in remembering the specifics of what I learned.

#57 TheDoorsOfPerception

• 11 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:21 AM

Oh yeah, ok, well, that would be quintessential to what my specific goals entail as I am going back to school to learn genetic engineering / neuroscience & the like to help aid the field of aging research and have vast amounts of details and specifics of particular processes I need to understand & know from heart.

Edited by TheDoorsOfPerception, 09 January 2015 - 03:21 AM.

#58 mf6lol5

• 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:51 AM

I have a little over half a gram of the compound now and I was thinking about doing a few bulk doses and maybe it will have a better effect with megadosing ? like instead of 50mg a day take 500mg three times a day every three days for example. I really hoped prl 8-53 would be somewhat effective, but lets all be real guys the claims made in the studies are unbelievably ridiculous. I just dont see one chemical making that much of a difference.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • like x 1

#59 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:04 PM

I have a little over half a gram of the compound now and I was thinking about doing a few bulk doses and maybe it will have a better effect with megadosing ? like instead of 50mg a day take 500mg three times a day every three days for example. I really hoped prl 8-53 would be somewhat effective, but lets all be real guys the claims made in the studies are unbelievably ridiculous. I just dont see one chemical making that much of a difference.

That sounds potentially dangerous, but I'm not familiar enough with the way this drug works to be able to say with any confidence. I certainly wouldn't try it, I would personally not go over maybe 10 mg because there is no precedent for it and you're just playing Russian roulette with your brain.

Compare what you're saying to someone else who would say, "50 mg of benadryl doesn't help my allergies and doesn't help me sleep, so I'm going to try 500 mg." Or, "2 vicodin doesn't help my pain so I'm going to take 20." In both cases, the high dose would be toxic and potentially lethal.

I want to share something related, which could help persuade you not to do what you're considering. Today I am suffering some kind of damage to my nervous system and it's really scaring me. I woke up with this problem, it was pretty much an instant thing and I feel fairly certain that it was caused by a new herbal extract that I just started taking. But I have received at least 10 new extracts this week and I tried all of them yesterday. I've had all of them before, but these look and taste different, so I have no idea which one might be tainted. The reason I'm telling you this is to say that having some kind of instant nerve damage or brain damage is NOT fun, it absolutely sucks. Be good to yourself.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 TheDoorsOfPerception

• 11 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:23 PM

From its wikiipedia page:

"PRL-8-53 is relatively non-toxic, with an oral LD50 in mice of 860 mg/kg, giving the drug a high therapeutic index. Doses above 8 mg/kg have brief hypotensive effects in the canine. High doses depress motor activity in the rat and mouse, with the ED50 for a 50% reduction in motor activity of mice at 160 mg/kg. PRL-8-53 displays spasmolytic effects.[3]"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: prl-8-53, coluracetam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users