working memory executive function schizophrenia alzheimer

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#61 megatron

• Topic Starter
  • 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

The link to the Payitsquare payment page has been sent to all participants. Payment deadline is January 15. Other longecity members are welcome to join until January 14. We have five more spots, if anybody wants to join.

#62 di36

• 67 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:30 PM

I am interested to participate.Do we know when this will be shipped to Raza in order to calculate the shipping timeline for europe.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 mait

• 256 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

Hi. Here is the conference presentation about Phase II clinical trials of EVP-6124. It seems that minimal effective dose of EVP-6124 is 2mg/day, while 0.3mg and 1 mg per day dosages are not really differentiable from placebo.

I wonder if we should also dose at 2mg per day to have realistic chances of having some results or maybe the persons with Alzheimer's disease may have higher threshold in pharmacological intervention needed to see effects in cognitive measures because the the pathological processes and damage in their brains?

Edited by mait, 08 February 2014 - 01:36 PM.

#64 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

Thanks mait. You don't happen to have the Schizophrenia results for comparison as well, do you? I can't seem to find anything other than news reports.
edit: Found this on Schizophrenia, though can't find a full text.

Edited by formergenius, 08 February 2014 - 02:51 PM.

#65 megatron

• Topic Starter
  • 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

I am interested to participate.Do we know when this will be shipped to Raza in order to calculate the shipping timeline for europe.

Raza should have it by mid or late April.

#66 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

Hmm that's rather late.. Assuming purchase is done on the 16th of Feb, then surely it would arrive before March, then shipping to Europe couldn't possibly take 6 weeks?
Is there any reason in particular for this delay?

#67 megatron

• Topic Starter
  • 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

Hmm that's rather late.. Assuming purchase is done on the 16th of Feb, then surely it would arrive before March, then shipping to Europe couldn't possibly take 6 weeks?
Is there any reason in particular for this delay?

ETA for the synthesis is about 6 weeks, and shipping from China to Europe (at least Norway) usually takes 2-3 weeks.

Edited by Megatrone, 08 February 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#68 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

Fair enough; I guess I should've read the first post with more scrutiny.

#69 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

Re: post #64:
Found the full-text. 4 different sensory gating measures improved dose-dependently, with 1mg being the most effective. PANSS score was unchanged, but CogState showed trends for improved cognition.

Edited by formergenius, 08 February 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#70 di36

• 67 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

Do we know if the results return to baseline after stoping using evp?

#71 3AlarmLampscooter

• 352 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

As far as payment goes, anyone willing to accept cryptocurrency from me and pay Megatrone through PayPal for my 90mg share?

And generally speaking, I'd like to see the use of paypal discouraged as much as possible in the future...
  • like x 1

#72 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:46 PM

Count me in

What do I have to do to get this?

#73 di36

• 67 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:52 PM

count me in for 60 mg

#74 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

Count me in for 90mg

#75 mait

• 256 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

As far as payment goes, anyone willing to accept cryptocurrency from me and pay Megatrone through PayPal for my 90mg share?

And generally speaking, I'd like to see the use of paypal discouraged as much as possible in the future...

Hello,

Can You pay me in BitCoins?

#76 megatron

• Topic Starter
  • 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

Posted Image

Three spots left.

#77 megatron

• Topic Starter
  • 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:44 PM

"Don't forget to pay the lady!" The payment deadline is in two days, so everyone wanting to participate have to pay very soon. I won't accept payments after Sunday.

Edited by Megatrone, 14 February 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#78 megatron

• Topic Starter
  • 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

There is still five people behind on their payments, so I am going to extend the deadline till Wednesday.
  • like x 3

#79 Dazzcat

• 91 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

Thanks Megatrone, appreciate how well organized this group buy is and how you are going out of your way without any agenda to make money, it's awesome, thankyou!

Edited by Dazzcat, 16 February 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#80 Ashenhurst

• 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:38 AM

Thanks Megatrone, appreciate how well organized this group buy is and how you are going out of your way without any agenda to make money, it's awesome, thankyou!

I agree, this is the most efficient, least chaotic group buy to date I think.

#81 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:39 AM

Don't jinx it you don't have the product yet.

#82 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:46 AM

I would like to be in for 60 mg.

#83 tobicles

• 12 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

There is still five people behind on their payments, so I am going to extend the deadline till Wednesday.

Assuming there is no problem shipping to Australia and there are free spaces I would be interested in obtaining 30mg. I was lamenting to my psychiatrist over a year ago the utter lack of any a7 specific treatments. Please PM me all the necessary info and I can send payment today. Thanks

#84 megatron

• Topic Starter
  • 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

Update

Some participants have opted out, and one member has promised to pay very shortly This means we are at 750mg. I will most likely place the order tomorrow. The ETA for the synthesis is approximately six weeks, and I will come back with updates regarding the status of the synthesis every other week. After the synthesis is finished, the order will be split and shipped to the European reshipper (Raza) and American reshipper (3AlarmLampscooter) accordingly. This will probably take a few weeks.

We're finally doing this! ;)

#85 megatron

• Topic Starter
  • 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

Update

Just to let everyone know, the deposit has been paid and T&W will hopefully receive it on Monday. The lab has yet to confirm when the synthesis will start, but it will most likely begin the coming week. Unfortunately another member had to throw in the towel, so the total amount landed at 700mg ($2250).

Edited by Megatrone, 22 February 2014 - 05:13 PM.

• like x 2

#86 Ashenhurst

• 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

Well done on the updates. Regular updates put everyone's mind at ease even if there is nothing new to report.

#87 YOLF

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

I've agreed to handle the shipping for this. But I've been thinking this would be a good idea if it isn't already part of the deal:

Ship the substance to a lab for testing, then to me. The testing runs $80 and the shipping probably less than $25. So for 20 people (I don't know how many there are yet, but that's the upper limit I saw) the cost would be another $6 each for testing. Personally I think it's worth it. You can always ask for a refund and get most of your money back, the alternative is using mystery powder and not knowing whether or not you should get a refund.

I'm not doing this as an Officer of LongeCity either. My participation shouldn't be seen as involvement by LongeCity or it's leadership.

#88 bkaz

• 85 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:41 PM

I've agreed to handle the shipping for this. But I've been thinking this would be a good idea if it isn't already part of the deal:

Ship the substance to a lab for testing, then to me. The testing runs $80 and the shipping probably less than $25. So for 20 people (I don't know how many there are yet, but that's the upper limit I saw) the cost would be another $6 each for testing. Personally I think it's worth it. You can always ask for a refund and get most of your money back, the alternative is using mystery powder and not knowing whether or not you should get a refund.

I'm not doing this as an Officer of LongeCity either. My participation shouldn't be seen as involvement by LongeCity or it's leadership.

Sounds good to me, thanks!

#89 YOLF

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:53 PM

Well if there are a total of 23 shares, each of 30mg, then the cost per share purchased would be $4.60 for someone buying a single share and 13.20 for someone getting 90mg or 3 shares which looks to be the max from the list above.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 megatron

• Topic Starter
  • 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

Thanks for doing this cryonicsculture! Unfortunately, I have lost contact with 3AlarmLampscooter, the original US supplier. He has failed to pay for his share and doesn't answer my PM's regarding this issue. Don't worry, other participants have already filled his 90mg spot in the group buy.

The problem with having it tested is that the quantity is so small. That is why we decided to go with a trustworthy supplier, who many others have had success with in the past.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: working memory, executive function, schizophrenia, alzheimer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users