• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Current Stack / Thoughts on Dosage & Timing / Selegiline Compatibility?

nalt alpha gpc l-theanine huperzine a vinpocetine artichoke extract forskolin selegiline

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kurzweilian Artilect

• 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:56 AM

I have lurked this forum for some time, but finally decided to register an account as I seek the wisdom and input of many of the more experienced posters here.

I've experimented some time with various Nootropics, as it has always been an interest of mine. Most recently, I have been reading a lot about the order and timing of taking certain stacks having a significant impact on results. Of course, dosage itself is a key factor and I figured I'd get some input on this current stack.

Currently taking the following just once per day, typically in the morning several hours before eating:
  • 300mg N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (NALT)
  • 300mg Alpha GPC
  • 200mg L-Theanine
  • 200mcg Huperzine A
  • 10mg Vinpocetine
  • 500mg Resveratrol
  • Centrum Multivitamin ('Energy' Blend that includes 50mg Ginseng)
From the above I have noticed slight increases in cognition and focus, as well as reduced anxiety. Placebo effect not out of the question.

I also from time to time add the following, which I notice a definite increase in focus within a few hours (especially when combined with some caffeine via a few cups of coffee, etc):
  • 500mg Artichoke Extract
  • 250mg Forskolin Root (yielding 50mg active Forskolin)
Lastly, I have been made available some sub-lingual Selegiline (Deprenyl) - thoughts on adding this to my current stack?

Eager to here and learn from the many wise members that make up this community! Thank you for your help. :)

Edited by Kurzweilian Artilect, 10 February 2014 - 08:59 AM.

#2 Kurzweilian Artilect

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

No thoughts on Selegiline, or change suggestions to my dosage of current supplements?

As an aside to help anyone stumbling on this thread, I would have to say that from my personal experiences the combination of artichoke extract and forskolin have been the most successful as far as dialing in focus, at least from a natural supplement perspective. Curious to hear if any others out there have also used this combination effectively.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 jadamgo

• 701 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:27 AM

Selegiline should play fine with these things. But, re-introduce NALT slowly. You may end up taking the same dose, or less. Can't predict ahead of time which will work better, so start back at square 1 and build up to the effective dose gradually.

Please tell me you meant 5mg forskolin, not 50mg! 50mg could be terrible.
  • like x 1

#4 Kurzweilian Artilect

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:34 AM

Selegiline should play fine with these things. But, re-introduce NALT slowly. You may end up taking the same dose, or less. Can't predict ahead of time which will work better, so start back at square 1 and build up to the effective dose gradually.

Please tell me you meant 5mg forskolin, not 50mg! 50mg could be terrible.

Thank you for the insight! I will plan on reintroducing NALT and not combine it immediately - my understanding is that it is not to be used with MAO inhibitors? Let me know if you would you have any specific recommendations on increasing effective dosage of any of my current stack. My big issue I suppose with it is just that with so many variables, I have a hard time justifying any specific order in which to test changes.

The forskolin extract I've been taking is in fact 50mg active, which is what I had seen suggested in some posts from Tim Ferris. The supplement I'm using is here: http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B007V80D3S

Should I be worried about this? Let me know your thoughts!

#5 jadamgo

• 701 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

Most things that "can't be used with MAOIs" actually "can only be used in lower doses with MAOIs". This even applies to stimulants and tricyclic antidepressants, combos which allegedly = death but in a very competent prescriber's hands are actually rather safe and often effective. (Not that I suggest trying such things on your own. Get a doctor to do that for you.)

For something low-key like NALT, you can safely titrate your own dose. Just give the MAOI 10 days to hit steady state before you do it. I wouldn't expect dose changes to be necessary with the others because they don't directly affect monoamines.

50mg forskolin may be okay by itself, but it won't work well with the CILTEP stack. Doses used for that are usually 2-10mg/day, preferably no more than 5 if possible. But, you're taking less artichoke, so maybe you're getting away with it. Just make sure to take a day or 2 off CILTEP every week. If you get exhausted on off-days, cut the forskolin dose back.
  • like x 1

#6 Kurzweilian Artilect

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

50mg forskolin may be okay by itself, but it won't work well with the CILTEP stack. Doses used for that are usually 2-10mg/day, preferably no more than 5 if possible. But, you're taking less artichoke, so maybe you're getting away with it. Just make sure to take a day or 2 off CILTEP every week. If you get exhausted on off-days, cut the forskolin dose back.

Thanks, great information. The way I'm using the Forksolin/Artichoke combo currently is perhaps 1-3 times a week, intermittently for a 'boost'; unlike the rest of the stack which I am consuming more frequently (an off day every week or so, usually when I just forget to take them before heading into the office, etc). It sounds like from what I'm understanding that this is probably best to keep doing? I will keep note of my energy levels on off days and how it relates to the forskolin intake. Also will be reducing Forskolin to 5mg/day.

Edited by Kurzweilian Artilect, 14 February 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#7 jadamgo

• 701 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

Yes, CILTEP stack is very appropriate for using only a few days per week. And note that you might need 2 or 3 artichoke capsules with the reduced forskolin dose. This is the usual way the stack is taken -- 5mg F and 1000-1500mg A.

#8 Kurzweilian Artilect

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

Yes, CILTEP stack is very appropriate for using only a few days per week. And note that you might need 2 or 3 artichoke capsules with the reduced forskolin dose. This is the usual way the stack is taken -- 5mg F and 1000-1500mg A.

Great, thanks. Very much appreciate your help. I will post some updates to this thread after modifying stack. Cheers!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#9 NeuroGeneration

• 103 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

@Kurzweilian Artilect

Any updates on the stack? I'm mostly curious about how Deprenyl worked out for you. Dosage/timing/short-term results/long-term results, etc.

Thank you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nalt, alpha gpc, l-theanine, huperzine a, vinpocetine, artichoke extract, forskolin, selegiline

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users