- - - - -

Having issues and need help please

libido worry fear

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ehvam

• 41 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:01 AM

So I am 45, decent shape, have taken supps on and off so have some experience..but having a hard time nailing down a stack that will adress my needs. First off, I am back in school.. so any mental/learning boost will be greatly appreciated, I also have had a history of slight depression/anxiety.. but do well most of time. I also have slight issues with ED..mostly anxiety induced I think.
Lately my libido has basically tanked.. I figured it was due to a break up a few months ago, but its going on much longer than I think it should, I also have been feeling depressed again and now that I am back in school its a bad time to be demotivated/lazy etc. I am not so much plagued by anxieties as I am by worry and fear.

So here are the basics I intend to take

A.M stack

DHEA 25mg
Sam-e 200 mg 4x a week
jarrows b-complex

meals stack

fish oil epa/dha
considering a very basic multi here

sleep stack

theanine
magnesium
melatonin

so far pretty basic.. but I have taken alcar before and am thinking of adding it as well, along with ALA. I am also considering Ashwagandha, gotu kola,

questions
1. any suggestions as to what my help with the noot/libido/mood that goes well with this basic stack?
2. I am trying to get a basic stack going and build from there in the future- so racetams etc are not something I want to consider just yet
3. of course exercise/diet are being worked on as well
4. will the sam-e/ alcar/ ala be too much acetylcholine stimulation?

#2 GoingPrimal

• 264 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

I don't think sam-e or ala effect acetylcholine levels much, I may be mistaken but you are probably fine there. Fish oil is excellent.

I've used the sam-e to good effects in terms of boosting mood and energy levels, so good pick there.

Have you looked into pregnenolone? I seem to recall it is preferred over DHEA, if that matters to you.

You might want to consider Lion's Mane mushroom for it's Nerve Growth Factor boosting capabilities, which should help with memory. Ashwagandha and gotu kola are good for cognition as well, and the ashwagandha has the added benefit of decreasing stress levels and subtly boosting libido.

What does your diet look like and what's your workout regimen? These are likely to (potentially) have the biggest benefits in terms of mood, cognition and libido if done right.

Personally I'd recommend using melatonin on an as-needed basis - it is a hormone after all. Look at ways to increase it naturally, avoiding artificial light after dark, having a cold bedroom, avoiding caffeine after 4 pm, yada yada. A simple google search should suffice in this area. L-theanine is a great pick, and pairs great with coffee/caffeine for studying, and magnesium is an essential supplement to take in my opinion, so both are great picks.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 Ritchie

• 183 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:15 AM

Have you looked into a dopamine precursor(such as L-tyrosine or Mucuna Pruriens for example). Boosting Dopamine would increase your motivation, focus and libido. Just make sure that if you do go down the precursor road, also supplement with a serotonin precursor(5htp is fine), because dopamine suppresses serotonin and vice versa.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 AmpleBeingdotcom

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

Check out Artichoke Extract + Forskolin stacks. Since you are going back to school and need a boost in focus/productivity this could really help you on the academic side.

I have been using our stack for over a year and have had some really good results with academics and helping me retain loads of information.

I can help you understand this more if you are interested.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: libido, worry, fear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users