- - - - -

help for people with sleep issues- worked for me

sleep insomnia

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ehvam

• 41 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

I've been reading through the posts these last few days and every once in a while find people mentioning sleep disturbances.. as a person who suffered from this for most of his life I figured I would offer a suggestion of what worked for me, and its free, so why not?

I suffered from insomnia since high school. At around 15 I started working at a gas station midnight shifts and it really through off my internal clock- well into my 30s. I would have trouble falling asleep, and if I did fall asleep, I would wake up and have a hard, if not impossible time falling asleep again. This is what I did and it virtually eliminated the issue.

I bought a CD of brainwave entrainment in the delta range. I know, its nothing new, but how I used it I think made the difference. At first I would listen to to it to try an go to slep.. at first it mostly irritated me, but I'd listen until I managed to fall asleep. If I woke up in the middle of the night, I would not get up, or do anything, I would simply reach for my headphones and listen to it either until I slept or it was time to get up.

In this way I trained myself to associate delta waves- deep sleep- with evening hours.. after a while I would sleep easily and stay asleep- and even years later, long after I havent done it anymore, I still default back to a regular night/day cycle. This also had the advantage of making me feel more rested throughtout the day- as if I had slept. I assumed that going into delta- whether alseep or not, was helping me rest more than I would have otherwise. From my reading at the time, delta stages of sleep are when the body most regenerates, It builds a cycle where you have more energy through out the day, so you're less stressed, and more tired once bedtime.

#2 Galloway

• 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:47 PM

Thanks for the tip. I wonder if this is why I need a fan or white noise to fall asleep. Do you remember the name of the CD?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jadamgo

• 701 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

I'm assuming this was Hemi-Sync or something similar?

For napping, I'm a huge fan of one particular track they made called Super Sleep. The problem is I always wake up full of energy as soon as the 45 minute track is over, so it's not that great for nighttime!

#4 adamh

• 1,032 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:36 PM

Its not doing much for me. I thought the 4 hz was working but after the first time, nothing. I may try 3 hz but I doubt it will do much.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Ehvam

• Topic Starter
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:36 AM

For napping, I'm a huge fan of one particular track they made called Super Sleep. The problem is I always wake up full of energy as soon as the 45 minute track is over, so it's not that great for nighttime!

You have to make sure you get one made for sleeping.. many of the napping ones end with beta waves to wake you back up.
Supposedly brain syncing has to start at the beta range because it closely matches your waking state.. then the Hz will slow taking you deeper and deeper, problem is that if its designed as a "nap" then they have to wake you back up again, so what they do is put beta waves at the end to wake you up. Find one that is meant for sleep, and make sure it is only delta waves. If you're going to use it at night, of course.

You have to make sure you get one made for sleeping.. many of the napping ones end with beta waves to wake you back up.
Supposedly brain syncing has to start at the beta range because it closely matches your waking state.. then the Hz will slow taking you deeper and deeper, problem is that if its designed as a "nap" then they have to wake you back up again, so what they do is put beta waves at the end to wake you up. Find one that is meant for sleep, and make sure it is only delta waves. If you're going to use it at night, of course.

Its not doing much for me. I thought the 4 hz was working but after the first time, nothing. I may try 3 hz but I doubt it will do much.

Its not a thing you will get immediately. I remember just lying there for a week or two. What kept me going was noticing that I was more awake and rested during the day than I usually felt. Slowly a pattern developed where I was awake during the day, and getting lseepy at night and falling asleep. But then I was waking up in the middle of the night, and I started using it then too.. eventually I was just going to sleep normally and staying asleep- it took a good while. Its no magic, drug like effect. You are building a new habit, so I imagine its the same length of time it takes to truly adopt any new behvaior.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sleep, insomnia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users