• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Methyl-Folate or Sam-E against depression?

sam-e folate

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 EfeitoPlacebo

• 20 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:59 AM

http://www.deplin.co...and-depression/

#32 presently

• 13 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 04:38 AM

I rediscovered this thread when looking through a list of my posts in my profile.

I should follow up to say that within two weeks of starting l-methylfolate I turned into an out-of-control know-it-all, hell bent on teaching anybody in my path right from wrong.  This ruined an otherwise nice visit with my mom, who was here from out of state.  I felt perfectly justified in trying to convince this saintly, religious woman that any scholars worthy of the name recognize based on sound historical principles that the Holy Bible is a forgery, since the people who wrote it are clearly not the people whose names are on the chapters.  I was so full of anger and self-righteousness that even though I'm probably right in a factual sense, I was being a jerk about it, which isn't nice.

I stopped taking l-methylfolate and the jerky attitude went away within a couple of days.  It's one thing to get relief from depression, but quite another to be brandishing the flaming sword of justice in the faces of loved ones.  Just thought anyone reading this thread might appreciate the update.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#33 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:56 PM

Not to freak you out, but it actually sounds like the folate could have triggered a manic episode. Are there any bipolar people in your family?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#34 presently

• 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:59 AM

Only me.  But that was one diagnosis out of many, none of which stuck.  A handful of prescription writers took a crack at my case in the eighties, but not one of them was an above-average diagnostician.  As it turns out, my enthusiasm for psychedelic exploration of consciousness triggered their urge to write prescriptions for bipolar medications, many of which were more toxic and unbalancing than anything I preferred to take.  I gave up psychedelics a long time ago and my mood swings magically went away.  And then, methylfolate brought them back!  Live and learn.  I look forward to the day when human genotypes and their role in drug reactions are better understood.

Edited by presently, 22 February 2016 - 02:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users