Seeking advice for nootropic drug trial

dopamine ampakine nootropic drug antidepressant

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Shulginstestsubject

• 53 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:28 AM

Hello all,

I've been thinking about placing an order to try a new cognition enhancing agent that also acts as a rapid acting anti-depressant. Let me give you an idea of what I am looking for in terms of acute effects.

Rapid onset antidepressant effects (evidence based on anecdotal reports and not "forced swim test" with rats, just because personally I believe that positive anecdotal reports from a large pool of users might be a more reliable advocate)
this includes:
-enhanced appreciation of music
-enhanced visual color contrasting acuity
-enhanced urge to be sociable
-enhanced goal oriented activity
-distinct wakefulness
-enhanced "get work done" and opportunity seeking initiative
-decreased somatic complaints -this one is important to me- (let me explain what I mean by this. You know the way your body feels just after you recover from intense aerobic exercise? Your body just feels "lighter", you feel more adjile, more mobile, more kinetic) this one may have some analgesic/opioidergic or adrenergic implications.
-reliable and not "sometimes it works/ sometimes it doesn't" as in the case of piracetam and aniracetam.

I need said compound to be well studied and not a recently synthesized research chemical. Safety is a major concern. No MDPV. No fluorinated amphetamines.

That being said, I'll order pretty much anything from the internet as long as the source is reputable and I can have it sent FedEx-hold for pickup :)

I've been reading a lot about Sunifiram. Seems like an interesting compound and people seem to be taking a liking to it. Anecdotal reports suggest that it has some euphoric properties. BUT there are also some complaints about consistent tension headaches in the temples and then people freak out and jump to the conclusion that the compound is neurotoxic to glutamatergic neurons :/ So i have my reservations about that one. But if any of you have any insight with sunifiram, then please share.

Afobazole is another one. If this one has anecdotal efficacy and clinical safety, then I'd like to try it. Have any of you tried this one?

Are there any other ampakines that are a bit more well studied and have a well established safety profile?

Also, if there are natural herbal medicines I can use to this end, then please share :) I've tried pretty much any herb you can get from the vitamin shoppe. None of which really "did it" for me (this includes ashwaghanda, bacopa, rhodiola, ginkgo, ginseng, etc). The only herb that comes close to "doing it" for me is Kratom. The only problems I have with Kratom are 1) means of ingestion are unclear, I just make tea out of it with lemons. Makes redosing undesirable 2) wears off in 4 or 5 hours 3) the day after I always wake up with back pain out of nowhere haha. Otherwise it's a pretty awesome "go to" alternative to alcohol, aside from the apathy and/or mood dysregulation that opioids tend to cause.

If any of you know of any obscure herbal medicines I can try that would be awesome. Perhaps Babchi seeds (Psoralea Corylifolia)?

Cholinergic agents (except for nicotine) do not work well for me. They make me depressed and give me neck tension.

When I'm a bit hungover I actually feel slightly more motivated and have a heightened libido.

I'm an avid user of nicotine and I drink a lot of coffee all day. I also run ten miles a week.

Just so people have an insight towards my neurochemistry, what works and what doesn't.

Please and thank you, you are all so very helpful!!

#2 Mynd Kontrolla

• 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

..and would you like fries with that? :-D

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Shulginstestsubject

• Topic Starter
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

Oops, I'm rude :(

#4 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:20 AM

I'll take 12.
  • dislike x 1

#5 Shulginstestsubject

• Topic Starter
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:58 AM

Forreal tho,
Whats the verdict on sunifiram? Is it safe? What about Coluracetam? I've read good things about Coluracetam. Where are we with these compounds? I'm primarily looking for a nootopic that not only enhances cognition, but also gives me reliable enhancement of limbic functions.

I've got like $40 I'm itching to give to a reputable source.

Has anyone any other recommendations for me? Let's have an interesting debate on this thread, shall we?

Let's discuss dangers versus whether desired effects were achieved? Is there anything tried and true? Has anyone had any horrific experiences with anything?

Edited by Shulginstestsubject, 20 February 2014 - 07:01 AM.

#6 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

i didn't like either of them, very minute effect sunifiram feels like all the bad effects of cocaine and coluracetam feels like an ssri. new star is fairly reputable apparently, maybe try idra-21 or prl-8-53 from them

Edit: oh and i have tried Psoralea Corylifolia, got it from a well known entheogen shop years ago it's very mild and i felt no desire to continue using it. I even tried insufflation.

Edited by socialpiranha, 20 February 2014 - 02:12 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Shulginstestsubject

• Topic Starter
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

Thanks for the input regarding sunifiram and coluracetam. I had my reservations about those anyway. How well studied are idra-21 and prl-8-53? I'm kinda looking for something thats been around for a while.

Have you tried idra-21 or prl-8-53? How would you describe acute effects? Thanks again!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dopamine, ampakine, nootropic, drug, antidepressant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users