• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Nanotechnology for Changing Your Looks

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: When Nanotechnology will be available for changing the body shape to a living organism but whom shall look however you'd wish, what will you do with it to your looks? (99 member(s) have cast votes)

When Nanotechnology will be available for changing the body shape to a living organism but whom shall look however you'd wish, what will you do with it to your looks?

1. I'll do absolutely nothing, I love myself as I am, and always will (4 votes [4.21%])

Percentage of vote: 4.21%

2. I'll do absolutely nothing, I really don't care how I look like (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. I'll do nothing BUT healing scars from wounding and wounds (8 votes [8.42%])

Percentage of vote: 8.42%

4. I'll only ameliorate my looks by improving my natural looks(Change only little annoying things I've always dreamed of) (17 votes [17.89%])

Percentage of vote: 17.89%

5. I'll only ameliorate myself and add decorations for more *godly* looking, but will NOT change my base... (15 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

6. I'll change a LOT, I'll keep only ->very few<- things I love (4 votes [4.21%])

Percentage of vote: 4.21%

7. I'll totally change myself, other looks. as a new person (10 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

8. Who said I'm going to remain with a human looking...? (30 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

9. Other (7 votes [7.37%])

Percentage of vote: 7.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Gisele

• 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

I think I'll go for amelioration and divine ornamentations [tung]

Sounds cool.

Err, a quick suggestion, dear leaders, let have the option to edit the poll if no one has voted yet.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

I don't consider myself beautiful, but I do have a lot of admirers. I believe it comes from the sparkle within, the enthusiasm for life and knowing how to put yourself together in an appealing package. Psychology and authenticity combined with apreciating others for who they are go a long way. Then after you've mastered that, I vote for technology all the way! If something bothers you enough that you notice it every day then I say fix it. If your arm is broken, you get a cast. If you have acne, you get it treated. There's nothing wrong with looking your best in a safe and moderate way. It's when you try and change who you are that you get the repulsive results, but a tweak here and there does wonders for your zest for life. Why look old when you feel young? Just sayin'

#62 pulsar

• 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:50 AM

i chose "Who said I'm going to remain with a human looking...?" i want to be able to swim like a torpedo, fly like a jet and run like a cheetah :D

Edited by pulsar, 29 June 2012 - 06:56 AM.

#63 Nootropic Cat

• 148 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

I think I'll go for amelioration and divine ornamentations [tung]

Sounds cool.

Err, a quick suggestion, dear leaders, let have the option to edit the poll if no one has voted yet.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

I don't consider myself beautiful, but I do have a lot of admirers. I believe it comes from the sparkle within, the enthusiasm for life and knowing how to put yourself together in an appealing package. Psychology and authenticity combined with apreciating others for who they are go a long way. Then after you've mastered that, I vote for technology all the way! If something bothers you enough that you notice it every day then I say fix it. If your arm is broken, you get a cast. If you have acne, you get it treated. There's nothing wrong with looking your best in a safe and moderate way. It's when you try and change who you are that you get the repulsive results, but a tweak here and there does wonders for your zest for life. Why look old when you feel young? Just sayin'

1 post
300 T

I still don't really understand what these 'T' things are, but I'm guessing you get 1 when someone visits your profile. ^This is hilarious.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#64 Ekaterinya Vladinakova

• 28 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:38 AM

This technology will be epic, I can hardly wait to see what people will turn themselves into.
As for myself, I will turn myself to a beautiful female model... maybe with wings...

Edited by Alasuya Lushanova, 02 December 2013 - 04:46 AM.

#65 Ekaterinya Vladinakova

• 28 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:45 AM

If it is possible to shapeshift or change the look of your body without having to wait till my entire body except brain is a robot made of nanotech and nanobots, looks like my dreams of changing the look of my body to the way I want to look exactly will come true sooner than I expected!

There are many positive social benefits to using nanotech to change our looks and the proportions of our bodies. As of today 2013 December first, our lifespans, sex and appearances are governed by our genetics and environmental factors. Not everyone is happy with the way they look, and plastic surgery and transex surgery has it's limitations not to mention difficult to reverse if one chooses to change his or her own mind. This technology is not only going to be incredibly useful for self expression and bringing forth a new culture of self expression, but there are quite many people in this world who are unfortunately deformed severely, whether it is from an injury or just unlucky with genetics. I want to give these people something they deserve, which is the choice to change their own bodies and have significant control over themselves that current tech does not hold.

Edited by Alasuya Lushanova, 02 December 2013 - 05:25 AM.

#66 borg389

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:53 AM

Wow this is an old thread but it's still at the top.

I put down change only a few things but I'd definitely choose to get taller. But I bet that will be a common request if nanotech can do it.

But I also wonder how quickly changes will be able to be made. I could see changing on a daily basis. Some people might even change sex or species on a regular basis. I would definitely be interested in gills but I'm not sure if the physics would work without giving myself a huge mouth to take in air.
  • Agree x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users