• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Best Nootropic Stack for 'Cold Approach Pickup'?

nootropic stacks racetams aniracetam confidence anxiety

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:14 PM

One of my favorite Nootropics for pickup or socializing that hasen't been mentioned up to this point is L-Theanine; it's the Nootropic ingredient in green tea. It has a bunch of effects that make you better at socializing like:

• Verbal fluency
  • Creativity and banter
  • Relaxation
  • Mildly dampers social anxiety

The reason this is one my favorite Nootropics for pickup is that it's super convenient to drink green tea while doing pickup; you can buy green tea at any grocery store, when you go out put a bag or two in your pocket, at the bar order bottled water instead of booze, then put the green tea in the water. The caffeine in the green tea, will make you more energetic.

You're going to get less L-Theanine, less caffeine, less tannins, and a worse taste if you use cold or room-temperature bottled water for green tea instead of hot water. I'm not certian of the exact solubility of L-Theanine off the top of my head but you can almost be assured that it will have a greater solubility as the temperature of the water increases. To maximize both caffeine and L-Theanine content per milliliter of water, brew in hot water instead of cold. Trade the bottle for a mug.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21735551

Theanine is a unique non-protein amino acid found in tea (Camellia sinensis). It contributes to the favourable umami taste of tea and is linked to various beneficial effects in humans. There is an increasing interest in theanine as an important component of tea, as an ingredient for novel functional foods and as a dietary supplement. Therefore, optimal conditions for extracting theanine from tea are required for the accurate quantification of theanine in tea and as an efficient first step for its purification. This study examined the effects of four different extraction conditions on the yield of theanine from green tea using water and applied response surface methodology to further optimise the extraction conditions. The results showed that temperature, extraction time, ratio of water-to-tea and tea particle sizes had significant impacts on the extraction yield of theanine. The optimal conditions for extracting theanine from green tea using water were found to be extraction at 80 °C for 30 min with a water-to-tea ratio of 20:1 mL/g and a tea particle size of 0.5-1 mm.

I skipped much in the video, but you mentioned that you drink as much as 3 liters a day. I only saw 1 teabag in the bottle you were drinking out of! Per 8 ounces of water, the caffeine content in green tea is only 25 mg (see link below). Per 8 ounces of black tea, L-Theanine content is 20mg if I am not mistaken (likely higher for green tea). You do realize, there are 33.8 ounces in a liter?  At only one teabag per bottle and 3 liters total (at room temp or below, to boot), at this diminutive amount, you are experiencing placebo (or a benefit of proper hydration) rather than the effects of L-theanine and caffeine. Please consume 3 liters of brewed green tea with one teabag per 8-12 ounces of water and then report back.

http://jat.oxfordjou...t/32/8/702.long

Please note, by ounce, I mean a US (fluid) ounce rather than an Imperial (fluid) ounce, I'm too lazy to convert everything to metric.

Edited by FW900, 20 May 2014 - 10:19 PM.

• like x 1

#32 ByAnyMeansNecessary

• 43 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:44 AM

Greetings,

In terms of the best nootropic drugs to help with all of the things you've listed, and, given that you're going to use it with alcohol, I'd recommend noopept, theanine, and MAYBE sunifiram (I am not sure what the effects of mixing sunifiram and alcohol would be. Individually though, sunifiram greatly increases overall mood and verbal acuity-- atleast as far as I've found). 

You should look at a good deal of the drugs being developed in Russia. A lot of their newer drugs (such as noopept) have been developed for people who have damage caused by alcohol or drugs to their brain. It acts as a neuro-protectant, and arguably may help prevent damage incurred by copious drinking. Theanine has anti-anxiety properties without causing sedation. Sunifiram may give you more energy and may help you from blacking out, but, Im not entirely sure as to how safe an alcohol + sunifiram combination is, so I DO NOT recommend this. 

Be safe. Be well.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#33 jroseland

• Topic Starter
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:06 PM

You're going to get less L-Theanine, less caffeine, less tannins, and a worse taste if you use cold or room-temperature bottled water for green tea instead of hot water. I'm not certian of the exact solubility of L-Theanine off the top of my head but you can almost be assured that it will have a greater solubility as the temperature of the water increases. To maximize both caffeine and L-Theanine content per milliliter of water, brew in hot water instead of cold. Trade the bottle for a mug.

Good points... I wish I could spend that much time getting myself ready to practice pickup... I'm the kind of guy that works +10 soul destroying hours a day... Shoves a few packets of tea in my pocket, stumbles out of the office in zombie mode and does a few cold approaches either in the street or one of the numerous bars/clubs in my neighborhood. All bars serve bottled water so it pretty hard to beat in convenience for a guy like me who practices intermittent sobriety.

You mentioned boiling water was better... I drink my green tea from a glass bottle, could I microwave my tea for a few minutes in the glass bottle? Or does that zap the L-Theanine in the tea?

#34 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:48 AM

Good points... I wish I could spend that much time getting myself ready to practice pickup... I'm the kind of guy that works +10 soul destroying hours a day... Shoves a few packets of tea in my pocket, stumbles out of the office in zombie mode and does a few cold approaches either in the street or one of the numerous bars/clubs in my neighborhood. All bars serve bottled water so it pretty hard to beat in convenience for a guy like me who practices intermittent sobriety.

You mentioned boiling water was better... I drink my green tea from a glass bottle, could I microwave my tea for a few minutes in the glass bottle? Or does that zap the L-Theanine in the tea?

Microwave chemistry is very fascinating. This being said, the only thing that microwaving should significantly affect in green tea is water. L-theanine has a boiling point of over 200 C (twice that of water) . I have yet to see an eating or drinking establishment that does not serve hot water. Typically it is free and typically they will supply a mug. Microwaving it will be fine, I suggest you add the teabag after you microwave it rather than microwaving it with a teabag (mainly for taste). Either way, you will not "zap" the theanine.

#35 Seganfredo

• 108 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:44 PM

(Warning: I used to work as an NLPer as I've got a master certificate in the field and was a f*cking whiz.)

Go to a good NLPer/hypnotists (one that gets results, with a no-BS approach - and do silly shit to lose your social inhibitions.

Feels f*cking awesome to lose your inhibitions. Believe me. Feels POWERFUL, LIMITLESS.

And then always do HEAVY EXERCISE. NLP/hypnosis + Heavy Exercise are my best responses to anything to bring me up, get clarity and get greatly social - and it works. 1000%.

Think. There's a reason ANY retarded gym bonehead pulls more then all library worms put together any day of the week.

You get ridiculous results and NEED NOTHING ELSE.

Trust me: if you find ONLY ONE decent NLPer around you, you get your result. Most worthy investment in yourself you'll ever do.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#36 jroseland

• Topic Starter
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:06 AM

Trust me: if you find ONLY ONE decent NLPer around you, you get your result. Most worthy investment in yourself you'll ever do.

Really? Please share more...

#37 Andrej

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2019 - 07:19 AM

Hi there,

I have been gaming yesterday after year and half off from the game (I had personal financial crisis) and I am not usually anxious but I was nervous about going out after such a long time and I use to go game alone. So you picture all those bad nights and your brain trying to justify you avoiding the stress but I know it's just all in my head a psychological response to me facing a stressful situation even if I have been thru this in the past many times (going out alone for the fist time in a very long time) so I knew it was all in my head but I was was really considering staying at home (it was ugly rainy night) so after I read this forum I decided to take what I have read here and also from other sources and here is my stack.

Piracetam (3.6g)

Alpha GPC (500mg)

L-Theanine (700mg)

Uridine Monophosphate (500mg) 

ALCAR (700mg)
No caffeine

I needed to have some work done today so I decided to not take any caffeine, however I had about two cans of coke that night (just to get at least a little bit).

I know these dosages are quite high but I used to make similar dosages and combinations many times before and this works for me. 

ALCAR and L-Theanine are the main stars here .. anxiety was basically zero all night and when the L-Theanine kicked in (I took like 250mg little bit earlier) my anxiety about going out just vanished and turned to excitement and suddenly I was imaging all that scenarios how the night goes down well and I have a great time. My brain is such a spoiler. :D. ALCAR is the compound that works well with drinking since it protects your brain from the alcohol inducted damage plus it makes me more social talkative and focused.

I am not fan of Uridine, but I have found out that talking goes easier when I take Uridine so I added that one into mix.

Piracetam and L-Theanine was inspired by some post in this thread, especially Piracetam seems like a interesting idea so I gave it a try. I really only had one alcohol drink so I cannot really tell much how that worked with alcohol but later in the night I was quite sleepy (I am not used to being up so late). 

And I definitely felt no anxiety, eye contacts were solid and confident. However the night still sucked in the way since my interactions doesn't end well but for the first night after very long time it was actually much better than expected. 

I only slept 4 hours writing this but I will get some more later (that's just how my brain works).

Maybe I could go out today as well but I definitely need something to keep me up until around 4am.

Good Luck

Andrej

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#38 Andrej

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2019 - 06:32 AM

Hi everybody, 

little update. I was out yesterday in a crowded local club. However I didn't take the same stack because I ran out of Alpha GPC and I also wanted to try something slightly different to see how it works and I wasn't nowhere near as chill as before. I had mild anxiety but it went away during the course of the night.

Caffeine (~100mg)

ALCAR (700mg)

NALT (500mg)

L-Theanine (500mg)

Uridine Monophosphate (250mg) 

CDP Choline (250mg)

.. so this one didn't worked so well !

It's obvious I used some more stimulants to keep me awake at night and it worked really well. However the anxiety wasn't completely solved with this. So It might be that the L-Theanine should have been higher or the missing Piracetam was the problem. I have to say last time I also had a 1mg Nicotine spray shot, however since I was already in a smoking area It just made me feel damn bad for a while.

So next time I am going back to high dose of Piracetam + Alpha GPC along with higher dose of L-Theanine and see if that would work better. I wish I could try Phenibut someday.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic stacks, racetams, aniracetam, confidence, anxiety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users