• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

is mixing alderall and piracetam and any other racetams considered to be dangerous?

alderall pircetam racetams dangerous question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Iamnobodi

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

I have looked at other threads on this exact topic but could not find a definitive answer. I'm not well versed in science, so please provide a simple answer! haha.

Thanks!

Iamnobodi

#2 mrd1

• 460 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

To my knowledge I have yet to see compelling evidence that piracetam or other racetams are dangerous when mixed with adderall. However, there are plenty of nootropics that are not racetams that may cause serious drug interactions with adderall. Common things to be on the lookout for is MAOI, MAOB, MAOA inhibitors, Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors, and SSRIS ( technically contradicted although it is unclear if adderall + a SSRI has the capacity to cause serotonin syndrome).

Edited by mrd1, 28 February 2014 - 07:54 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 SmarterNootropics

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

Following up on mrd1's point, I think you're most likely to see a dangerous combination with anything that potentiates dopamine combined with Adderall. You'd likely want to avoid L-DOPA beforehand or concurrently, although with the reuptake inhibitors mentioned. I don't think piracetam would contribute to dopamine related excitotoxicity as its primary effects seem to be unrelated to dopamine. Piracetam in this study increased dopamine metabolites but did not affect the content of dopamine in the striatum. http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/6276786
  • like x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alderall, pircetam, racetams, dangerous, question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users