Looking for affordable effective supplements for health

supplements

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Vitalityseeker

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:42 AM

So over the years I've tried a load of stuff but usually multivitamins (SAN, AOR, LEF, before that more cheap supermarket stuff such as centrum), and the only thing I've stuck with is Vitamin D3 simply because I got a huge tub of softgels and I still have them. For the price to effectiveness ratio, I'm quite impressed with vitamin D3. However I want to go on to take supplements that are going to improve my overall health and wellbeing.

Health issues:
Social anxiety disorder since teen years, which has lessened in severity in the past year since I completely cut caffeine out of my diet (I used to drink 5-6 cups of tea a day), but I still often avoid eye contact, avoid speaking up, speak in a low voice...
Dark patches around eyes (I always put this down to sleep deprivation but I can go weeks with good sleep and they stay)
Near sightedness (That is with things further away I see less detail and things get blurry... I'd be greatly interested in anything out there that could actually improve vision and reverse eye damage as well as protect it)

Areas of interest:
Longevity, decreasing cortisol, increasing testosterone, stabilising blood sugar and dopamine/ moods, decreasing fatigue, improving sleep quality, improving energy

Any supps that help with the issues and interests above would just be an added bonus, my main priority is a good price to effect ratio and improving general health and wellbeing.

I currently take D3 (5,000 IU a day) and a garden of life raw meal powder, which does seem to increase my energy and in my opinion my health.

Data on the powder -

Amount Per Serving:
Calories 310
Calories From Fat 45

Total Fat 5g 8%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 120mg 5%
Potassium 190mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 32g 11%
Dietary Fiber 10g 40%
Soluble Fiber 7g
Insoluble Fiber 3g
Sugars 7g
Other Carbohydrate 15g
Protein 34g 68%

Vitamin A 30%
Vitamin C 100%
Calcium 35%
Iron 100%
Vitamin D 100%
Vitamin E 100%
Vitamin K 100%
Thiamin 100%
Riboflavin 100%
Niacin 100%
Vitamin B6 100%
Folate 100%
Vitamin B12 200%
Biotin 10%
Pantothenic Acid 100%
Magnesium 30%
Zinc 100%
Selenium 15%
Manganese 100%
Chromium 100%
Molybdenum 100%

RAW Meal Other Ingredients:
Organic RAW Sprout Blend (Organic Sprouted Brown Rice Protein, Organic Sprouted Brown Rice Sweetener (From Organic Sprouted Brown Rice), Organic Amaranth Sprout, Organic Quinoa Sprout, Organic Millet Sprout, Organic Buckwheat Sprout, Organic Garbanzo Bean Sprout, Organic Lentil Sprout, Organic Adzuki Bean Sprout, Organic Flax Seed Sprout, Organic Sunflower Seed Sprout, Organic Pumpkin Seed Sprout, Organic Chia Seed Sprout, Organic Sesame Seed Sprout), Organic RAW Flax And Coconut Blend (Organic Flax Flour, Organic Coconut Flour), Organic RAW Vanilla Flavor, RAW Green Food And Fruit Blend (Organic Oat Grass Juice, Organic Spirulina, High Protein Chlorella, Organic Alfalfa Grass Juice, Organic Barley Grass Juice, Organic Wheat Grass Juice, Organic Strawberry, Organic Cherry, Organic Blackberry, Organic Blueberry, Organic Raspberry), RAW Enzyme And Probiotic Blend (Bacillus Coagulans, Proteases, Amylase, Lactase, Glucoamylase, Alpha Galactosidase, Lipase, Pectinase, Peptidase, Bromelain, Phytase, Hemicellulase, Beta-Gluconase, Papain, Cellulase, Xylanase, Diastase, Invertase), RAW Organic Stevia (Leaf), Brewer's Yeast (Saccharomyces Cerevisiae), Lactobacillus Bulgaricus, Natto. Contains (Fermented) Soy.
Contains: Tree Nuts (Coconut).

My plan at the moment is to buy 2 supplements a month and continue taking any I find to be effective, while going onto to buy 2 new supplements every month until I'm happy with my health or feel satisfied with the supplements I'm taking as a long term plan/ stack.

Currently I have 4 items in my amazon cart as per the image below.

Regardless of the prices, which 2 would you choose of this selection - and why? Do you have any alternatives in mind?

Posted Image

I am new to these forums so if I'm breaking posting etiquette in any way here, I'm sorry for that, and please let me know so I don't repeat it in the future!

Thanks in advance for any replies I receive.

#2 GoingPrimal

• 263 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

Out of the four supplements you posted, I would go with the EPA/DHA combo for sure. Omega 3s are critical for good health and sorely needed to fix omega 3/6 ratios of the modern diet - whether you "feel" an effect from these in the course of a month or not, continue to take them.

After that, it depends on what your goals are. Astaxanthin is an amazing antioxidant, one of the few to readily get absorbed into the brain and eyes. Green tea, and it's extracts, provide antioxidant protection as well as a bevy of other benefits, and the garlic/ginger combo would be good to reduce inflammation and cut down on viruses/parasites. Personally, you can eat ginger and garlic for rather cheap, as well as drink green tea, or even white tea since you're watching caffeine intake.

To be honest, you may want to look into an aggressive work out regimen, if you're not already on one. Doing compound lifts, for heavy weight and fewer reps, is proven to increase testosterone better than almost any supplement, as well as helping/fixing many mood disorders/dopamine issues. I'm talking squats, deadlifts, bench press, military press, chin ups, bent over rows, but especially the first three. Make sure you have proper form for squats and deadlifts! Shoot for around 5 sets of 5 reps (after warm ups of course) for squats, deads and bench press, and you could do an easy Monday, Wednesday, Friday lifting scheme, one of the three main compound lifts per day. The heavy lifting and increase in testosterone should help quite a bit with social anxiety and eye contact. This also will improve insulin sensitivity.

Speaking of insulin sensitivity, do High Intensity Interval Training, 2 or 3 times a week. Again, improves insulin sensitivity very reliably and sends all the right signals to your body to burn fat and build muscle, as well as improving moods. An improved physique will help with SA and confidence, and all the energy being spent working out will improve quality of sleep. It will also increase your energy levels over the long term, provided you don't over train.

Other than that, eat healthy (whole foods, balanced diet, organic if possible, plenty of greens), try to set up a daily meditation program, even if its only for 10 minutes to start, and focus on just enjoying yourself socially - no one to impress, no goals other than to enjoy yourself. Theres a lot of fancy supplements with all these crazy benefits to them being touted on these boards, and a lot of them are pretty amazing, but it almost doesn't matter if you don't have the basics in place (diet, exercise, some sort of stress-relieving component). You'll see the most benefits from proper nutrition and exercise in all areas of life long before any supplement will improve things.

Also, consider giving some supplements more than a month, and remember you won't feel or notice every supplement. Make sure to research things thoroughly, take the ones with proven benefits (vitamin d/k2, magnesium, EPA/DHA, a good greens powder if you haven't developed a taste for greens yet) and branch out from there. There really aren't any magic bullets - again, the most bang for your buck is going to be eating proper, exercising for the best hormonal/neurotransmitter responses, and doing some sort of stress relieving technique, as well as getting adequate sleep.

Best of luck!
  • like x 4

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 Vitalityseeker

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

Out of the four supplements you posted...

Thanks for taking the time for such an informative response.

I already went for an astaxanthin supplement a couple of days after my post and have been taking 4-6mg a day. I also ended up buying rhodiola rosea which I have been taking every morning and it does seem to help with my stress and anxiety. I'll buy an EPA/DHA supplement at the end of this month when I get my wages paid, looking forward to that and thanks for the suggestion.

For a few months now I have been doing strength workouts at home, consisting of a few different ab exercises, push ups, planks, squats, 5kg (I'll probably get something heavier in the future but a 5kg dumbell is all I had lying around the house) curls, wall sits. The push ups are by far the hardest part - for everything I mentioned, I do 3 sets of 8 reps. So 5 x 5 might be better? I think it works out the same in total, but more sets of lower reps might work out better? As for the bench press, dead lifts, and other mentioned workouts - I would actually be willing to buy a bit of equipment for home, preferably some sort of cheap multigym, that would let me do all of this. I don't really have the time or patience for a gym membership and feel a great deal more comfortable at home than a gym, but I'll keep those exercises in mind.

I cycle to work (30 minutes) and back (again) 5 days a week which I've always been pleased with. I do have a stationary bicycle which I rarely use, but have done so a great deal in the past, for both endurance and high interval intensity. Everything I read about high interval has been positive, and I'm sort of kicking myself for not getting into it. I've been following the warrior diet (on and off due to willpower!) for the past month as it does seem to facilitate fat loss and increased energy, and I always feel better during the fasting phase than I would otherwise eating 3-4 times a day, so I'll try out HIIT now and look forward that.

Thanks for the suggestion about meditation, I always found my mind wandering a lot when trying it in the past and myself being distracted easily, but I guess it's one of those things I'll need to give a proper try and be patient with, it seems like a great way to relax and get cortisol/ stress down, and clear the mind.

My diet really is terrible, only eat fruit every other day and more processed food than is ideal, but some part of me was hoping the greens powder I take would sort of make up (along with my daily cycling) for my diet by giving me the nutrients I need. I'm always losing sleep due to being woke up by family when sleeping for work (5am rise), had somewhat success there with earplugs, but I'm pretty much chronically sleep deprived which can't be helping anything let alone the bags under my eyes I've wanted rid of for years. :P I have been taking D3 but assumed drinking some milk would be fine with it, don't supplement K2 or magnesium (although I've heard great things about both). Out of interest, what supplements do you take? Thanks again for the post, I feel it's helped improve my lifestyle already.

Edited by Vitalityseeker, 13 March 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#4 GoingPrimal

• 263 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

Hey, glad to hear things are going well!

You've already got a workout program going and bike to and from work, so these are all good things. If you're doing calisthenics and body weight exercises (wall sits, pushups, body weight squats) then higher reps are definitely recommended. While these are good to do and certainly much better than nothing, it's not going to elicit the hormonal responses I was talking about - you don't need to do heavy compound lifts, but it's a definite guaranteed way of boosting testosterone and improving things like motivation, drive, insulin sensitivity and the like, which it sounded like you were looking for. If you can afford a home gym, you really only need a squat rack and a bench press for those three lifts (bench, dead, squat), and can even make them yourself if so inclined. Should be pretty cheap to find used as well.

If you've got a bike already, find a hill of moderate length and incline and bike up it as fast as you can. Rest a minute at the top, coast back down, and repeat. Do this for maybe ten minutes and you've done your first session of HIIT. As you progress, extend the length of the session, or increase the intensity, or both. 10 to 20 minutes is really all thats needed, don't over do it. You can also do hill sprints, or sprints on flat ground, or HIIT on the bike on flat ground as well, I've just always enjoyed using hills, it's brutal in the best of ways :cool:

Your mind will definitely wander in the meditation, and thats almost the whole point - bringing it back, again and again in a nonjudgmental way, to whatever the object of meditation is. Keep at, for all of us who aren't monks or who don't commit serious time to meditation, we're in the same boat.

If you're looking for a quality greens powder, I personally use either Green Vibrance or Vitamineral Green. Great for days that don't get the chance to eat as many greens as I'd like to, also come with probiotics and digestive enzymes, plus tons of other goodies. See if you can't fit in some more greens, at least some spinach, steamed for a quick minute, drizzled in olive oil and a pinch of salt.. Delicious. Proper diet is absolutely critical, but it doesn't have to be 100% lean and green all the time, and don't rush into it - just start branching out and trying new healthy foods. Using olive oil, garlic, salt and maybe some lemon does wonders to most greens - find a couple spices you really like and cover up the relatively bland taste of real foods until your tastebuds adjust, which they will. Be patient with it, don't rush it, let it happen naturally.

As for sleep, best of luck with the family thing - no real fix for that one I guess. The extra hard working out should help with sleep quality should you chose to go down that route.. Personally not a fan of sleep supplements unless you're trying to reset your circadian rhythms, but as always, your mileage may vary. Definitely do whatever you can to get around 8 quality hours a night - so important.

In terms of the supplements I take, a few are daily - a liquid vitamin d/k2 complex, cod liver oil, topical magnesium or epsom salt baths, one of the greens powders mentioned above, creatine, CoQ10.. A bunch of Chinese herbs as these are my latest fascination - astragalus, reishi, ginseng, cordyceps, he shou wu and a bunch more - look into these if you ever get the chance. Then on an "as needed" basis, I have a TON of stuff I've accumulated over the years - use piracetam and aniracetam a few times a week, for example. Actually I just recently posted my "regimen", so if you want to check that out it is

Here
http://www.longecity...lf-improvement/

Again, you're already getting some exercise, so that's great. If you want those hormonal responses, look into heavy compound lifts and HIIT. Lots of science behind both. And just try to eat more whole, fresh foods if possible, some dark leafy greens and/or cruciferous veggies every day, and figure out what you can do to get some quality zzzz's. And keep us posted, lots of members here willing to help out :happy:
  • like x 1

#5 Vitalityseeker

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Ok thanks again for the reply, I've been trying to get into HIIT but I can't seem to find the motivation, and I often feel lethargic - I ended up going back to some of my old habits of eating crap, diet went out the window and I gained back the 3kg or so I lost (sitting at 72kg which is what my weight has been for several years now, it's as if whenever I get below that my genes make me want to eat everything and not exercise, and above it my genes make it really easy to diet and exercise... I know that sounds crazy, and even like an excuse, but that's how it feels! Oh and 72kg is a relatively 'healthy' weight for me but I feel that 62kg would be even healthier especially with regard to longevity). Thanks for your advice about sleep, it's often been a losing battle for me but I'll keep that in mind and intend to try to get some shut eye after writing this post (given my 4:30am rise for work, that'll be a 7 hour sleep!)

I've been doing more research about supplements over the past month and I want a permanent regimen to give me health and vitality along with strong anti aging. My thoughts are:

Diet: 20> hour daily fast, possible caloric restriction,

Staple:
Food sourced multi with good ingredients e.g. mixed tocopherols instead of just alpha (I'm currently using garden of life's vitamin code one and have looked at a range of multis including aor, lef, synergy company, now adam... any recommendations appreciated)
Unflavoured whey powder for protein

Supplements I'm considering: (For the most part no idea on the dosages I'd need to take for the benefits, particularly anti aging)
Acetyl L-Carnitine
L-Carnosine
DMAE
R-Lipoic acid
Ubiquinol
Blueberry concentrate
Curcumin
Centrophenoxine
Aspirin
Low dose lithium

From reading your thread a few times, I'm interested by the concept of jing, shen, and chi - and would value your opinion on which single supplement would have the greatest effect for me with regard to boosting those!

Anxiety related supplements I'm thinking about:
Ashwagandha, Bacopa monnieri, L-Theanine

Supplements I'm already taking:
Vitamin D3 (5,000 IU every day or two)
Astaxanthin (4-8mg daily)
Rhodiola (Just ran out of my store brand 500mg pills today, not sure whether I'll buy more)
Garden of life vitamin code one daily multi

Any advice about increasing my motivation & willpower and which supplements would be useful with regard to that would be an added bonus. I keep falling back into a pattern of eating high sugar comfort foods and being lethargic, which I blame on a combination of my boring 9 hour a day shift work & sleep deprivation, and would love any advice to kick those habits in the ass.

#6 koala_muncher

• 56 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

here are a few that are *very* cost effective, check them out, and their benefits, before considering more expensive options.

Vitamin D, Fish Oil (9 (nine) one gram tablets), Metformin (depending on your age/diet/HBA1C etc), Alpha Lipoic Acid, Thenanine (as powder), Aspirin low dose (depending on age), Cocoa powder (sugar free), Melatonin, Ca+Mg, Green tea extract.

Edited by koala_muncher, 04 April 2014 - 01:32 PM.

• like x 1

#7 GoingPrimal

• 263 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

Koala_muncher - awesome name. Would you mind explaining what people on this board are using metformin for, and what HBA1C is? Its primarily used for diabetes right? I keep seeing metformin mentioned but haven't taken the time to research it just yet.

#8 Vitalityseeker

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:06 AM

I had a little extra money by from this week so today I've went ahead and purchased:

45mg of c60 in olive oil - the price seemed cheap at £11, and I got it from the Vaughter site. On a side note, I producing c60 seems relatively cheap, and oils for a solution would cost pennies - I wonder if anyone out there is producing their own c60, I'd certainly love to try that out! Look forward to it becoming cheaper and more available in the next year, and pretty excited by the results of the rat trials. I'll only be taking a seemingly low dose of 1.5mg a day but it's a start.

100 x 200mg pills of r-alpha lipoic acid which was dirt cheap on ebay at around £7. The price makes me doubt the legitimacy of it a little but hopefully I've found a hidden gem and not just wasted £7...

120 x 750mg acetyl l-carnitine pills. They were also dirt cheap around £7 again, but that price at least seems feasible given the low cost of 100-500g powder packs of ALCar. The more 'premium' supplement companies must make a huge fortune.

I think many people here are familiar with c60 so I won't go into much detail about what I've read about it as no doubt most have, I found this article in particular to be interesting though:

Since the time of Peter I (Peter the Great), there has been a medicinal spring, known as “Marcial waters” in Karelia. For many years, no one could ultimately explain the reason for the multiple therapeutic properties of this spring. It was assumed that increased iron content is the cause of its healing effect. But there are many springs containing iron and, as a rule, the medicinal effects after their use are rather limited. It was only when fullerenes were found in schungite rocks, which the spring flows through, that the assumption came about that fullerene is the quintessence of the medicinal effect of Marcial water. But the medicinal properties of this water, similar to thawed water, are preserved for a rather short time. The following day, it tends to lose its properties. Marcial water, passing over rocks containing fullerene and fullerene-like structures, only “saturates” with the structures, imposed by the rock. When stored, these life-giving clusters disintegrate. Fullerene does not dissolve in water spontaneously. That is why there is no structure-forming element that is able to preserve ordered water clusters for a long time. Such water soon takes on the properties of regular water. In addition, the ions present therein rebuild native water structure themselves, forming their own hydrated clusters.

Having obtained molecular-colloidal solutions of hydrated fullerenes in water once, we tried to reproduce the natural and medicinal properties of Marcial water under laboratory conditions. With this purpose, we took highly purified water and added hydrated fullerene C60 in “homeopathic” dosage. Biological trials were conducted on different models. The results were striking. On virtually any pathology model, we observed a positive biological effect. The experiments lasted for more than 15 years. Many pathological changes in a living organism are eliminated and it returns to its normal, healthy condition. This is not a medicinal preparation of purposeful action, nor a foreign chemical substance, but just a carbon ball, dissolved in water. It seems that hydrated C60 fullerene assists an organism to return to its “a normal condition” in the case of any negative changes and it does so due to the restoration and maintenance of those structures it has generated as a matrix in the process of the origin of life.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 December 2009 13:13

→ source (external link)

I read the SENS points thread and have been keeping an eye on it, finding it highly interesting. I wish to try more supps from that list but for now I believe a combination of c60, r-alpha, and alcar should present me with some benefits - I've noticed a lot of studies on pubmed touting benefits of r-alpha and alcar.

I've been drinking green tea more, and I plan to start a new daily cardio regimen tomorrow - 1 hour of HiiT - I read somewhere that the benefits of doing 1 hour of that can be similar to the results someone would get from 10 hours+ and that alone is motivating me to try it out. I'm definitely going to buy some herbs at the end of the month when I get my paycheck - most likely rhodiola, reishi, schizandra, and ashwagandha.

I'll post an update if I experience any positive/ negative results from certain supplements.

Edited by Vitalityseeker, 06 April 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#9 GoingPrimal

• 263 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

Good choices on the alcar, c-60 and r-lipoic acid. All very good cellular antioxidants.

Congrats on the decision to start a workout regimen! A note about HIIT - if you're planning on doing an hour a week of HIIT that's fine, just make sure you're not doing an hour per day of HIIT. I couldn't be sure which you meant. If you're actually doing HIIT, you won't be able to last an hour, and it definitely isn't advised - 20 minutes should be enough to wipe you out pretty good. I just want to clarify that point, as getting into the 85-90% of your heart rate repeated times for an hour in one day isn't going to be fun.

Good choices on the herbs, and remember - you may not be feeling the benefits from them, or maybe you will, but trust that they're doing your body good. Same applies to the antioxidants you bought as well.

#10 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

here are a few that are *very* cost effective, check them out, and their benefits, before considering more expensive options.

Vitamin D, Fish Oil (9 (nine) one gram tablets), Metformin (depending on your age/diet/HBA1C etc), Alpha Lipoic Acid, Thenanine (as powder), Aspirin low dose (depending on age), Cocoa powder (sugar free), Melatonin, Ca+Mg, Green tea extract.

Good list, but nine grams of fish oil is a lot. I wouldn't recommend that much unless someone is using it pharmacologically and is willing to accept possible negative effects.

Vitality Seeker, an hour of HIIT is a lot. three sets of 20 seconds of maximal output is enough to see effects. 20+ hour fasts and CR sound a little extreme as a starter. You really should ease into CR. My main concern is that you are going to make things too hard on yourself, setting yourself up for failure. It might work out better to start with a good healthy diet that isn't extreme.

#11 Vitalityseeker

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

The C60 hasn't arrived yet but I've been taking 750mg ALCAR 3 times a day and 200mg ALA twice a day. Have felt slightly more energy, as well as a couple of slight headaches which I'm not sure are related. However I do have 5 mercury amalgam fillings from years ago and from what I've read, ALA can bind mercury and leave it in other parts of the body including the brain, do you think I should stop taking the alpha lipoic acid until i get the fillings removed? I've already contacted a dentist for a quote, hoping it won't be too expensive but if it is it'll have to wait a while... Wonder who the hell approved for toxic metals to be put in everyones mouth - surely something composed of carbon would make more sense? I don't suppose there's any safe mercury chelator out there?

#12 Ritchie

• 183 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:24 AM

Areas of interest:
Longevity, decreasing cortisol, increasing testosterone, stabilising blood sugar and dopamine/ moods, decreasing fatigue, improving sleep quality, improving energy

You could try Mucuna Pruriens. It's a dopamine precursor that is far more effective than L-tyrosine. It has been shown to increase testosterone, reduce prolactin, decrease cortisol concentrations, increase or stabalise dopamine, noradrenalin and adrenalin, increase subjective well-being and has been claimed to lower blood sugar levels. I'm not sure of the price but you can shop around online.

Source: http://examine.com/s...ucuna pruriens/

#13 AmpleBeingdotcom

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:55 PM

Check out an LTP supplement (Artichoke Extract + Forskolin) to help with mood, energy, and dopamine problems.

Could be just the right fit for you.

#14 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:49 AM

The Zinc and Selenium Methionine chelates are dirt cheap. So are Magnesium Glycinate, Thiamine, Pyridoxal, Solgar low dose mixed-E and Methylfolate. K2 (MK4) and Tocotrienols are reasonable. Pantethine is almost so. Good Ginseng, Ubiquinol and Curcumin are fairly expensive but can be life changing. As can Uridine, Threonate and Pycnogenol, albeit at luxurious prices.

Edited by celebes, 01 May 2014 - 05:55 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#15 Vitalityseeker

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:36 AM

Update

Current regimen:

Ashwagandha, 225mg, 2-3 times daily

NAC, 600mg, 2-3 times daily - among the many touted benefits, I was told it's a good mercury chelator, but I'd still like another alternative to r-ala with good synergy with alcar

ALCAR, 750mg, 2-3 times daily

(Korean) Ginseng (root), 500mg, 2-3 times daily

Vitamin code multi once a day:

mw3jDGg.jpg

Vitamin D3, 10,000 IU, every 3rd or 4th day or random days when I feel like it, not so many of those with sunny weather and me doing a lot of cycling recently

Vitamin K supp (providing 1000mcg K1 as phytonadione, 1000mcg K2 as menaquinone-4, 200mcg K2 as menaquinone-7, and 10mg vitamin C as ascorbyl palmitate)

I took C60 for a month at the suggested dose and didn't really feel anything, although I'm not arguing with the rat studies, part of me wonders whether one can just 'bioequivalate' a dosage and then water it down in a way that it can be stretched over many years and call it the equivalent, surely any number of factors could affect that? The study apparently suggests that the rats were given 1.7mg of C60 per kg of body weight, over a third of their lifetime, which almost doubled their lifespan. I took 1.5mg a day (would need to be around 100mg to be the equivalent dosage of 1.7mg per kg body weight) for a month. Something isn't adding up in the dosages C60 sellers are advising?

Since I started taking Ashwagandha I've felt a great deal more energy, and in the past week I've been going to bed every evening and getting up fresh every morning, something that has eluded me for years since my early teens. I still toss and turn in my bed for a while before falling asleep, I still need to use a blackout blind to cover the sun/ ambient/ streetlight coming through my window, and wear earplugs for silence. But I'm happy that I'm getting the right sleep and in a good routine, for possibly the first time in my adult life. This could be down to any of the supplements or indeed my noisy brother moving out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users